• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
holy **** why are there like a 100 people on this thread? is something happening?
Nah.

We're just losers with no life waiting for something. Anything.

To just happen?

Like it could be a roster leak, but it also could be that someone makes a really dumb ****post and we eat it up.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have a question, what would your reaction be if everything about Vergeben's leak is true and we get to see Ridley, The Icies, and Simon at E3?

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have to say, I'm thrilled at how often this thread becomes so homoerotic.

Also, for Zelda characters, I just want Beedle for the sheer chaos that it would cause.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
holy **** why are there like a 100 people on this thread? is something happening?

EDIT: to all the lurking guests make an account and post you cowards.
Vergeben's leak may have been verified by Konami's E3 Schedule
There's going to be new/compilation title for the switch
Also makes snake/belmont much more likely.

?????????????

Smash Master
I have a question, what would your reaction be if everything about Vergeben's leak being true and we get to see Ridley, The Icies, and Simon at E3?
Hrm. You know what?

I realized my first reaction would be "Oh, looks like that leak was right!"

...Which is a little disappointing that that's my first reaction instead of the excitement of the characters.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think they're all here to watch and make fun of that weird guy with the Togetic avatar.
I have a question, what would your reaction be if everything about Vergeben's leak being true and we get to see Ridley, The Icies, and Simon at E3?
I would be shocked, but it'd be a pleasant surprise, I don't personally care for Ridley or Simon but seeing the reactions of so many people getting who they want is going to be awesome, actually, seeing any of you guys here get what you want would be awesome, you're all great.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I have a question, what would your reaction be if everything about Vergeben's leak is true and we get to see Ridley, The Icies, and Simon at E3?
ew stoopid ridley i don't like him that would be awful and the worst thing it would happen to smash like 4ever.
That's what I would say if I was stupid.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Hrm. You know what?

I realized my first reaction would be "Oh, looks like that leak was right!"

...Which is a little disappointing that that's my first reaction instead of the excitement of the characters.
For me it will be insane. Even if there is picture proof of Ridley being playable and there is no doubt he is going to be announced, I have been through this enough times that I won't believe until I see Sakurai in his cute little desk saying 'and here is one more thing', and watching a trailer that actually in some way, shape or form, officially announces him as playable.

So I am going to be super, super hyped if he is in and gets a trailer. Even with the leaks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hyped AF

But a little disappointed in the long run since the leaks don't say Meowth or Toad are newcomers.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I couldn't be more excited, ridley alone would make the roster great, the game could have 4 marth clones and 6 link's and ridley alone would make it worth it lmao. He's not even my most wanted but he's just one of those characters that just SHOULD be in

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That might not come to pass though. Alternatively, Mimikyu could hope to get the Poke Ball Pokemon or Smash Run enemy treatment if it wishes to screw up anyone.
God, I hope Smash Run comes back.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Tuesday's gonna be the culmination of 17 years of Ridley hype (dating from Smash Melee trailer) so let's see if it's paid off.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Nah.

We're just losers with no life waiting for something. Anything.

To just happen?

Like it could be a roster leak, but it also could be that someone makes a really dumb ****post and we eat it up.
Are we an experiment to accomplish 1,000 monkeys on 1,000 typewriters until we produce something with substance?

Bemused, but might get better in hindsight. I want to be blown off my socks & tickled pink with Smash Bros. in general, so knowing the 3 newcomers in 3-2 weeks ahead would be anticlimactic. On the other hands, I don't necessarily want these characters, but they'd be exciting additions nonetheless.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If the Vergeben leak is real, then

I'll be excited for all the characters he listed, and the potential Minecraft stage if that's a thing too. Ridley is a character I've wanted since I played Zero Mission, which was the first Metroid game I beat. I stopped expecting him forever ago tho and I make no effort to talk about him in Smash speculation, just like K. Rool :p

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Vergeben and the imgur leak being right would be amazing for me. Both K. Rool and Ridley would more than make up for not having Decidueye and Rayman. Getting wanted characters I thought were no-hopers like Medusa and Samurai Goroh would be the sweet icing on top of that delicious cake.

Edit: Actually, forgot Sora was on the imgur leak. Either way I'd be happy if they were real for the insurance that Ridley and K. Rool are in, but I'd swap Sora for Rayman in a heartbeat. I'll stick with hoping just Vergeben is real for now and that K. Rool gets in on his own merits regardless.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
What Ridley could it be? Samus returns Ridley? Super Metroid Ridley? ...other m ridley?
Prime 4 ridley? Namco are supposedly working on both so it's not crazy. Or an original smash design could also work but I don't think proteus would work cause they'd wanna go with an organic ridley, and super ridley wouldn't match samus who I assume is also getting updated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
God, I hope Smash Run comes back.
Same here. The Nintendo Switch looks like it would work well with Smash Run. Of course, you might need more than one Switch system for any multiplayer bouts.

Is Smash Run better than Subspace Emissary?
You can't really compare the two game modes, since Smash Run is sort of like Smash Bros.'s answer to Kirby Air Ride's City Trial.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
“...eh

Not really looking forward to a scenario where the boards and Twitter proceed to explode while none of my character picks get in lol. I’d be disappointed and probably just shut E3 off

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If Smash Run returned, I want there to be rooms that have Chozo statues in them that usually just give you power ups, but there's a chance you'll find a Torizo instead and you have to fight it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's apples and oranges... well, maybe more lemons and oranges but you get what I mean.

They are both modes that make use of platforming and enemies but one's a free-for-all RPG lite arena and the other is a platformer with a strange combat system.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't really want the Imgur leak to be real. A lot of the characters, while decently cool, don't make me jump out of my seat. I'd like Sora, and K. Rool and Dixie are very welcome. But I'm fairly indifferent about basically every other character on there.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Just hoping this doesn't become another kitchen sink roster like Wii U/3DS was. Yes, even the 3rd parties. Just give me 1 new guest to be attached to & at least Sonic.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
After reading more of /v/, it's definitely looking like Vergeben leak was right.
The fact that there's 2 konami titles coming to switch (one is likely a MGS compilation and the other is likely a new castlevania) makes vergeben's leak about simon and snake extremely likely.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
“...eh

Not really looking forward to a scenario where the boards and Twitter proceed to explode while none of my character picks get in lol. I’d probably just shut E3 off
Aww. I know that feeling. Felt that way when Cloud was revealed. I mean, I get why he's a big deal and why other folks are excited. I just personally wasn't. Here's to hoping your most wanted gets in!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
What Ridley could it be? Samus returns Ridley? Super Metroid Ridley? ...other m ridley?
Actually, all of them. Sakurai had quite a hard time downsizing Ridley correctly on account of toobig and so now they need to stand on each other's shoulders in a trenchcoat to be a reasonably sized fighter.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hahaha your avatar always makes me smile.
Happy Toge.png

I'm glad to hear that, thank you.
It's this one.
ridley is too small.png

And the internet will in fact break during Ridley's reveal but not for the reasons we hoped for.

As someone who personally dislikes Subspace Emissary for being boring and far too long and stealing so much dev time that Jigglypuff almost got cut and Brawl Meta Knight happened, no, I don't think it is, Smash Run didn't add anywhere near as much to the game as Subspace Emissary did for most people.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just hoping this doesn't become another kitchen sink roster like Wii U/3DS was. Yes, even the 3rd parties. Just give me 1 new guest to be attached to & at least Sonic.

I need to decide whether to use the flame sword or water gun so can you clarify what you mean by kitchen sink roster? And if Brawl and Melee's fit the description?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom