• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I know you were joking. Dun worry buddy :c
Honestly I'm fine with the Mario Characters at best, Waluigi need to be in, but otherwise, I wouldn't be sad if there no newcomers.
Except Geno.

One day he'll be in. And yeah, the website changed too
Sorry, I just worry too much, hah. Thank you. :)
I honestly believe Geno has a chance, because of multiple reasons (including Nintendo's pretty random Geno/Mallow tweet), but my most wanted is always Waluigi, who I just do not dare wish for. My purple most wanted characters never do well. ^^"

@Shishœ
This is amazing and I do not feel as down anymore. I need this to be a live action drama with bad CGi and unfitting celebrity actors, pronto~

And yeah, I'd be fine sacreficing Roidley, and Ridley's mother, for it to happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though if the rumors about 5 new characters been shown at E3 are true, then how many characters will be in overall?

10? 15?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Though if the rumors about 5 new characters been shown at E3 are true, then how many characters will be in overall?

10? 15?
5 Newcomers that are revealed through E3.
2 Veteran that are back.
Then a schedule of One Characters per month until the release.
That should be good.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So I just read @SmashChu analysis on Vergeben and apparently he is mostly full of ****. So we're essentially back to 0.
Oh well.. here goes nothing.
No not necessary

I mean I do expect him to Be wrong for sure (and also that he put a couple of safe bets in)

But he could still be correct it's possible besides even if Ridley is not revealed at E3 it's not over for him because sakurai is known for change of heart on his opinions and he could promote metroid prime 4

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I just worry too much, hah. Thank you. :)
I honestly believe Geno has a chance, because of multiple reasons (including Nintendo's pretty random Geno/Mallow tweet), but my most wanted is always Waluigi, who I just do not dare wish for. My purple most wanted characters never do well. ^^"

@Shishœ
This is amazing and I do not feel as down anymore. I need this to be a live action drama with bad CGi and unfitting celebrity actors, pronto~

And yeah, I'd be fine sacreficing Roidley, and Ridley's mother, for it to happen.
Oh no, you misunderstand, Roidley would only lose one(1) arm and one(1) leg

10? 15?
I expect at least 13, and I have plenty of reasons for that:
  1. 13 is a pretty number
  2. 13 is a lucky number
  3. Past Smash games have had around this number of newcomers
  4. If this is being built on top of Smash 4, thar eases a lot of time constraints the team could have
  5. 13 is the name of a non-binary icon
  6. I'm really trying to stretch this to 13 for the joke but it's really hard okay
  7. Actually, on second thought, maybe not do that, I don't want to be associated with 13 Reasons Why
  8. Real talk, 13RW sucks
  9. God how did that get a second season?
  10. Ah right, reasons
  11. I guess the number 13 needs to redeem itself after 13RW happened
  12. Not countung the previousoy mentioned event, the number 13 never did anything wrong
  13. It's the number of fingers we have on our hands

osby

Smash Obsessed

10? 15?
5 newcomers in E3
5 later
5 unlockable
5 DLC
Too rounded to be real but looks nice.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I have...a summer class that begins on June 12th, at 12 PM. College kid here and I need to rack up some credits.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

10? 15?
Somewhere in between probably, my guess has been 12 from the start, not accounting for last minute clones. 5 at E3, 5 in the lead up to the game's release, 2 unlockable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just a reminder that double posting, while against the rules, is understandable given the forum update and general spazzing out that’s going on right now. If you double posted or see someone else do, please report it so we can properly merge it. Once the forums get back to their proper working order, this grace period will be lifted.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm astonished that I'm a new user and I'm still older than some of the people who've been here for 4-5 years. I have to worry about primary elections commuting to work instead of "exams" and ****. June 12th will be slightly different experience for me.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay- true Question.
How the hell did Nintendo and Sakurai managed to be so secretive with this smash until revealing it the same year it's announced and the first time we'll see it will be at E3, while runing in an incredible tight schedule of MAXIMUM SIX MONTHS WAIT.

While Sony and Microsoft are getting things Leaked left and right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Splatoon 2, I think most fo the assets will be from Splatoon 1 but with Splatoon 2 trophies and music mixed in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Okay- true Question.
How the hell did Nintendo and Sakurai managed to be so secretive with this smash until revealing it the same year it's announced and the first time we'll see it will be at E3, while runing in an incredible tight schedule of MAXIMUM SIX MONTHS WAIT.

Two reasons,

1. Sony and Microsoft thing that leaks means good things for hype, Nintendo doesn't
2. Sony and Microsoft have live stage shows (Arceus knows what MS has to show) while Nintendo keeps all it's stuff in a highly edited video file.

D

Deleted member

Okay- true Question.

They left the Pokemon Let's Go docs in a table with cookies while the Smash docs are behind a series of complex traps, 2 bears, 6 automatic turrets set to fire on sight, √-1 ghosts from the 12th dimension who make you die infinitely, a rabbit and one(1) Reggie. This made the leakers simply take the easy one to leak while also getting to eat some cookies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay- true Question.

In hindsight, the reveal of a new Smash game this year shouldn't have been too surprising. Nintendo did trademark this game's logo back in December.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for something major to leak literally the day before E3. It always seems like people go well out of their way to leak out Smash newcomers.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
While leaks are exciting in the midst of no-news periods, I ultimately hope nothing leaks before I can see the presentation live. Because of how much I use the internet, with a few forums, gaming sites and the horror that is YouTube thumbnails, it'd be impossible to avoid the leaks. :c And I wanna be surprised when I see Freddy announced.

I believe stuff are going on with the E3 show floor stuff these days, so leaks are more and more likely to start appearing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I honestly think we should start a Containment Leak thread with E3 approaching very quickly and the soon to be Smash Speculation to go full power.

osby

Smash Obsessed
While leaks are exciting in the midst of no-news periods, I ultimately hope nothing leaks before I can see the presentation live. Because of how much I use the internet, with a few forums, gaming sites and the horror that is YouTube thumbnails, it'd be impossible to avoid the leaks. :c And I wanna be surprised when I see Freddy announced.

I believe stuff are going on with the E3 show floor stuff these days, so leaks are more and more likely to start appearing.
I think it's best to plug off internet a three-five days/a week before E3. While not anything big might leak, one still spoil himself from small stuff. Also, if there is a leak, it likely going to be everything in E3, if not end product.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay- true Question.

Their Nintenjas have been attacking every leaked whos been trying to gain info on the new Smash

In hindsight, the reveal of a new Smash game this year shouldn't have been too surprising. Nintendo did trademark this game's logo back in December.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for something major to leak literally the day before E3. It always seems like people go well out of their way to leak out Smash newcomers.
Even the ESRB of all people had to leak something out from the game...also I think most of us forgot about the Namco Smash trademark thing

(Spicy)Calamari Incantation

These (maybe even one remixed version, the main themes, and them to have victory themes like Cloud

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I legitimately hope nothing gets leaked like Roy and Ryu did in 2015, they would've been a complete surprise and extremely hype for everyone if they weren't leaked. If something like that is leaked before E3, I'm gonna be really upset, I want everything to be a complete surprise.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I legitimately hope nothing gets leaked like Roy and Ryu did in 2015, they would've been a complete surprise and extremely hype for everyone if they weren't leaked. If something like that is leaked before E3, I'm gonna be really upset, I want everything to be a complete surprise.
I mean, Ryu and Roy were only leaked because we had access to the game and its files. That can't happen again unless we have the game, or potentially a demo/Global Test.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think it's best to plug off internet a three-five days/a week before E3. While not anything big might leak, one still spoil himself from small stuff. Also, if there is a leak, it likely going to be everything in E3, if not end product.
Yeah, that is true... just hard for me, I do not do that much as a whole and talking on forums and such is literally all the social training I get. :s I'd be so bored for those days. But yeah, we'll see, if I see anything that might indicate huge spoilers are coming, I will at least be very careful and then see what I should do about it. Let's hope nothing leaks, haha.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Honestly, I’m not sure If i wanna check this site during the few days before E3. At that point I would rather just wait a few days and have my mind blown at the presentation rather than find out info from a text leak.

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Yeah I may have to avoid the internet for a few days leading up to E3 cause I really want to be surprised when they announce Sora for smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Where everyone will be watching E3 from? Nintendo's YouTube channel?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm astonished that I'm a new user and I'm still older than some of the people who've been here for 4-5 years. I have to worry about primary elections commuting to work instead of "exams" and ****. June 12th will be slightly different experience for me.
I have to submit my taxes. Americans overseas have up until June 15th to submit their taxes. So not really June 12th but most E3 presentations sees me making a huge scramble to finish them up.

This E3 will also slightly be different for me as I won’t be watching it live. Don’t wanna wake the baby up with my late night hype.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I want to get spoiled of everything that will have the new smash only because I cannot wait 8 more days without info about it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I want to get spoiled of everything that will have the new smash only because I cannot wait 8 more days without info about it.
Look it from the brightside: You'll most likely won't be spoiled from... uh, characters like Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
While it'd be cool, I would personally prefer to not have it like that (no offence), I'd prefer it if they kept it like it is now, even if a potentional Ridley character would be pretty big (a bit overall bigger than Bowser would not be too bad). But man would I adore a playable Mother Brain. We at least need the Mother Brain mecha as a boss in this game. XD

Also

Say you could get your very most wanted character to be playable in the new game. The one you want the most. BUT, it would requre your current favorite character to be cut from the roster. Would you do it?
So Lyn for Sheik or Lucina? *looks at Lucina* I'm sorry but...

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly I've never cared about spoilers when it comes to anything, even if the roster leaks, as long as there's no footage, I'm still gonna be hyped cause it's not like we'll definitely know if it's real or not till it actually happens

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I want to be not spoiled at all, I want to be 100% legit hype for Nintendo's E3 and be like a kid that is about to open his gifts on christmas.

On the other hand, the wait is so horrible that I wouldn't be against seeing mayyyyybe one or two leaks about Smash, just so I can stay hype long enough for E3.

Really, I feel like Owain right now, my hands are ****ing hungry for news.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, since I started to relay it here. I guess I'll end it until E3 where everything get Unconfirmed/Confirmed-
Still courtesy from Anon from 4chan- if you ever pass here. Thanks you dude.
>Mfw I'm somehow featured in that kind of picture.
My E-penis is ready.

Anyway changelog from Anon-
just updated the Vergeben+Imgur Riddle list
so i added:
>the speculation for Rex+Pyra not set for the base game
>the speculation FEH VA's for Elma and Simon working sidealong with Smash
>the other non-private half of the PM i got from DasVergeben, talking about the Riddle
>the Masked Man claims along with pros and cons and Smashchu's opinion on him for people to speculate

and removed:
>the RelaxAlax tweet
unless something happens to the riddle by E3 or the redditfag himself doing away rumor, the entire list (that isn't the Vergeben rumors) is getting retooled into who's likely for the base game.

also, Nintendo's E3 marketing materials are supposed to be coming by tomorrow so be on the watch for anything new.

Boy does this leak and rumor ride is a wild one.

And we know Jack **** about the game. Yet so many development, it's exciting~

Your though about all of this Ride now that it's close to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom