• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So I just read SmashChu SmashChu analysis on Vergeben and apparently he is mostly full of ****. So we're essentially back to 0.
Oh well.. here goes nothing.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot. Glad you enjoyed the video! Hopefully you're at the very least neutral on him now?

Sakurai please listen to .Shìkì. It's been my biggest video game want since Smash 64 to have a playable Toad.

Kracko's a good choice but I have another giant eye boss I want slightly more...

Vaati is criminally underappreciated
I was neutral before, I just did not think he could have an interesting and unique moveset. You proved that so, so wrong. So, while he is not at the top of my favourites list, seeing what Sakurai would do with him would be more than interesting enough to warrant a spot and be hype about.

Also, I'd LOVE Vaati (or Ghirahim) in the game, but sadly I think the time for their inclusion has passed. I'd be incredibly hyped if one of the 2 made it in though. More hyped for Vaati, even, because he'd be a pure mage char...unless he is a cpt. falcon clone (Too soon).

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1
I have followed your Countdown Gifs since the Smash 4 times, and I have always loved them. Perfect way to keep the Hype going. (this one makes me a bit sad, tho. I miss Iwata)

Thank you for all your hard work, Heath! Need more Duck Hunt gifs, tho. ^^
I wish that we could have more Duck Hunt GIF! But that was it like a week ago since it was already difficult enough to pick the media for 30 days. I might do something different for Smash Switch release date countdown.

double post

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I wish that we could have more Duck Hunt GIF! But that was it like a week ago since it was already difficult enough to pick the media for 30 days. I might do something different for Smash Switch release date countdown.
Haha, fair enough. I am just glad to have Duck Hunt in Smash, I did not have him on any Wish List for Smash 4 because I figured he'd not actually have a chance, but man am I glad to have him.

Can't wait for the Final Gifs! Just hope nothing will leak before the actual reveal. I wanna hear my house shake from the collective screams of the world when Ridley is revealed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I just read SmashChu SmashChu analysis on Vergeben and apparently he is mostly full of ****. So we're essentially back to 0.
Oh well.. here goes nothing.
1: There's a difference between a bit hit and pretty damn miss
2: Yes, trust the guy who's avatar is of a person who screams "FROZEN IS PROPAGANDA WONDER WOMAN TEACHES LITTLE GIRLS THAT MEN ARE EXPENDABLE AND STAR WARS SAYS THE AVERAGE WOMAN CAN BEAT UP 2 BIG BURLY MAN SINGLEHANDEDLY UNARMED THEREFORE HARASSMENT DOESN'T EXIST EVEN THOUGH DAISY RIDLEY IS PRETTU MUSCULAR AND WAS ARMED IN THAT SCENE"
3: Smashchu claimed Odyssey would fail to beat BotW' sales numbers

MrGiggleBiscuits

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick thought experiment when speculating about potential newcomers:

What could they reasonably do to make themselves a more likely candidate for Smash?

Examples:

- If K Rool is the main villain in a new main series Donkey Kong game, he becomes vastly more likely

- If Waluigi was playable in a Wario Land game or a main series Mario game, he would become very likely

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here's a quick thought experiment when speculating about potential newcomers:

What could they reasonably do to make themselves a more likely candidate for Smash?

Examples:

- If K Rool is the main villain in a new main series Donkey Kong game, he becomes vastly more likely

- If Waluigi was playable in a Wario Land game or a main series Mario game, he would become very likely
Be in the previous gen than the current smash.
Publicly Exist before the Development start.(Greninja is an exception who confirm the rule)
Be in a mainline game not spin off.
And be a gaming icons for third parties

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Good old page 1337... Anyway. Nintendo has become awfully good at preventing real leaks it seems. Stil absolutely nothing on promo material (that is not obviously fake) as far as I am aware off...dayum.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Good old page 1337... Anyway. Nintendo has become awfully good at preventing real leaks it seems. Stil absolutely nothing on promo material (that is not obviously fake) as far as I am aware off...dayum.
And it's extremely surprising since both Sony and Microsoft seems to spill spaghetti there and there about game that might be in their conference alongside the Devil May Cry 5 domain registration.

Nintendo's Ninja are doing their work, legit, could it be the most secretive Smash game yet?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have an idea for a new class of fighters to be added, the Monster Sized characters.
Of course you know where I'm going to end up, but I think it's the only way to nicely implement characters like Ridley in the game.
I'm talking about characters which are 2x or even 3x bigger than normal, and so have different stats, abilities, and weaknesses.
First, of course, being big means that you're generally stronger, but slower. If you land a hit, it will pack a punch, but it's easy to miss very small characters like Jigglypuff or Kirby. At the same time, if you get hit, you have much less knockback, but your hitboxes are enormous. Basically impossible for you to avoid many attacks. Some attacks may even not have knockback on Monster Sized characters.
A Monster Sized character cannot be grabbed by normal characters, but only by other Monster Sized characters. Other than that, a Monster Sized characters might be able to grab TWO different normal characters at the same time, and perform special moves on them like crashing them against each other.

Some ideas for Monster Sized characters:

- Ridley of course
- Ganon in his Pig form (possibly from a Link to the Past)
- The Wonderful 101 (they work together as a massive flow of small wonderfuls)
- Labo Robot
- Andross, in his face + hands form
- Master Hand (it's time, and could very well be a fantastic joke character)
- Elma, inside a Doll
- Snorlax
- the Rathalos from Monster Hunter
- Mother Brain

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have an idea for a new class of fighters to be added, the Monster Sized characters.
Of course you know where I'm going to end up, but I think it's the only way to nicely implement characters like Ridley in the game.
I'm talking about characters which are 2x or even 3x bigger than normal, and so have different stats, abilities, and weaknesses.
First, of course, being big means that you're generally stronger, but slower. If you land a hit, it will pack a punch, but it's easy to miss very small characters like Jigglypuff or Kirby. At the same time, if you get hit, you have much less knockback, but your hitboxes are enormous. Basically impossible for you to avoid many attacks. Some attacks may even not have knockback on Monster Sized characters.
A Monster Sized character cannot be grabbed by normal characters, but only by other Monster Sized characters. Other than that, a Monster Sized characters might be able to grab TWO different normal characters at the same time, and perform special moves on them like crashing them against each other.

- Ridley of course
- Labo Robot
- Elma, inside a Doll
- Snorlax
- Mother Brain
This would be an awful idea for a platforming fighting game like smash with tons of different smash/hazard and a nightmare to balance.

D

Deleted member

LET PACMAN BE IN DRAG FOR PRIDE MONTH WE ALREADY HAVE THE LESBIAN ICON SAMUS ARAN AND CORRIN WHO WILL **** ANYTHING THAT MOVES

Sorry that was today's obligatory Pride Month ****post carry on
Give me Cloud in a dress first though.
Then, by playing Cloud, you can annoy two groups of people at once!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
While it'd be cool, I would personally prefer to not have it like that (no offence), I'd prefer it if they kept it like it is now, even if a potentional Ridley character would be pretty big (a bit overall bigger than Bowser would not be too bad). But man would I adore a playable Mother Brain. We at least need the Mother Brain mecha as a boss in this game. XD

Also

Say you could get your very most wanted character to be playable in the new game. The one you want the most. BUT, it would requre your current favorite character to be cut from the roster. Would you do it?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
While it'd be cool, I would personally prefer to not have it like that (no offence), I'd prefer it if they kept it like it is now, even if a potentional Ridley character would be pretty big (a bit overall bigger than Bowser would not be too bad). But man would I adore a playable Mother Brain. We at least need the Mother Brain mecha as a boss in this game. XD

Also

Say you could get your very most wanted character to be playable in the new game. The one you want the most. BUT, it would requre your current favorite character to be cut from the roster. Would you do it?
So....
Chrom or Sora get in?
But either Roy or Cloud get cut?
Easy, that's like FMA, equivalent exchange.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure they removed the lyrics for her music because they have cursing in them
Copyright is another thing to keep in mind, since you also have to receive permission from the people who sung the lyrics. Nintendo apparently lacked any kind of permission to include the lyrics for Tomorrow is Mine, which is why we only got the instrumental version.

osby

Smash Obsessed

- Ridley of course
- Labo Robot
- Elma, inside a Doll
- Snorlax
- Mother Brain
You are talking about bosses. Which requires stages to be designed after them.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If we get a new gimmick mode, "boss play mode" isn't a bad one. ...Better than Smash Tour, that's for damn sure.
If they bring back 8-player smash bosses could take up two slots and include final smash powerups (made killable of course, Warioman wouldn't be able to aerial his way out of everything, Giga Bowser would suffer knockback etc).

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
So remove Dark pit to get in Ridley, eh? Well okay, if I have to...

*Hides Samus Amiibo behind back*

D

Deleted member

Also

Ganondorf for Wonder-Red? No need to ask, I'm in already.

Staarih

Smash Master
A boss rush mode of sorts would certainly be welcome (or bring back an adventure/story mode with bosses), feels like a non-brainer for Smash to be honest. Going against a big(ger) boss character alone or esepcially with co-op sounds like a blast. And the more representation of different Nintendo franchises the better.

Ridley still better be normally playable though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ha!! Jokes on you, my most wanted is Boshi, which means not having him is meaningless as long as Yoshi is in it...

But seriously I'd cut someone if Yoshi would be replaced...

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Just gotta power through finals week, and then I’ll have nothing stopping my from getting fully hyped for June 12. I’ll be back in a few days. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Isn’t June 12th when Trump and Kim Jung-un are meeting?? Hmmmm....

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think you confused Fire Emblem with the Mario Series.
Note that I was joking, of course, I'd hate to lose the Fire Emblem cast. I'd be fine with a new Mario rep, tho. Imagine the epicness of a Elvin Gadd reveal.

Btw, this site changed recently, I think? It finally works (better) for me. I can finally post normally again. c:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Just gotta power through finals week, and then I’ll have nothing stopping my from getting fully hyped for June 12. I’ll be back in a few days. Wish me luck!
I feel that, I have an exam on the 11th and then no more for a week, I can just kick back and let the hype takeover for a week lmao

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Note that I was joking, of course, I'd hate to lose the Fire Emblem cast. I'd be fine with a new Mario rep, tho. Imagine the epicness of a Elvin Gadd reveal.

Btw, this site changed recently, I think? It finally works (better) for me. I can finally post normally again. c:
I know you were joking. Dun worry buddy :c
Honestly I'm fine with the Mario Characters at best, Waluigi need to be in, but otherwise, I wouldn't be sad if there no newcomers.
Except Geno.

One day he'll be in. And yeah, the website changed too

D

Deleted member

How many arms do we need to sacrefice to get Ridley in the game, tho?
Ok, doing the math, "one of Ed's arms=the entirety of Al's soul" and "one of Ed's legs+Al's body=a mistake".
Assuming we just need Ridley's soul(we can always simply attach it to a Mecha Ridley armor), we could have him perform alchemic felonies and then have someone bind his to the armor.
The problem is that it's implied Ed only ever managed to bind Al's soul because they're brothers, so we'd need Ridley's brother to perform alchemy. "But Shish!", you might say, "Ridley doesn't have a brother!" you might mistakenly exclaim. Ridley does indeed have a brother, not one in the usual sense of the word, but genetically speaking, we have Other M's Ridley, aka Roidley or Jock Gorilla, who is a clone of the original Ridley.
So, in conclusion: both Ridley and Roidley need to perform alchemical felonies, have Ridley's body taken away and have Roidley bind Ridley's soul onto a Mecha Ridley armor.

Tl;dr we need about 3 dragon arms, 3 dragon legs, a mecha ridley suit of armor and a dead mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom