• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I'm conflicted.
On one hand, I want to be not spoiled at all, I want to be 100% legit hype for Nintendo's E3 and be like a kid that is about to open his gifts on christmas.
On the other hand, the wait is so horrible that I wouldn't be against seeing mayyyyybe one or two leaks about Smash, just so I can stay hype long enough for E3.
Really, I feel like Owain right now, my hands are ****ing hungry for news.
Agreed, especially now that all of those leaks seem debunked.
I personally could be okay with just a simple "no cuts", at this point.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Your though about all of this Ride now that it's close to an end?
Honestly, the lack of information is what's made this period of speculation so exciting. We know literally nothing about this game besides its existence and the fact Inklings are in it, so anything goes. Its like the wild west of Smash speculation, almost anything could happen and when stuff does happen it has such a surprise factor.

That being said, I can't wait for E3. However, I am going to miss the aimless feeling that this early period of speculation has had, even if it means discussing Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Xenoblade again:p.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Agreed, especially now that all of those leaks seem debunked.
I personally could be okay with just a simple "no cuts", at this point.
Really, our only hope/worry are if the Nintendo Ninjas are going to do their jobs well or not in the next days until the 12th arrive.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, since I started to relay it here. I guess I'll end it until E3 where everything get Unconfirmed/Confirmed-
Still courtesy from Anon from 4chan- if you ever pass here. Thanks you dude.
>Mfw I'm somehow featured in that kind of picture.
My E-penis is ready.

Anyway changelog from Anon-

Boy does this leak and rumor ride is a wild one.

And we know Jack **** about the game. Yet so many development, it's exciting~

Your though about all of this Ride now that it's close to an end?
How such a simple leak as the imgur one, that were just 13 random images can give so much game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How such a simple leak as the imgur one, that were just 13 random images can give so much game.
4chan anon's are unironically the best investigation team when they're not ****ing around ****posting and making up fake leaks.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I hound news sites too much to not get hit by spoilers, I've just accepted them at this point. There's no way I'm not going to know the roster before the game comes out, but there are still plenty of other things about the game that can excite me.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
May I say, as someone who is working on a moveset right now, it's really hard to make every throw and aerial attack feel unique.

Now I understand why so many characters have a spin or kick for their n-air and slam the enemy for their down throw, there's not much else that works for those moves!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only leak I would really need is one that basically confirm if Ridley is in or not as a character.

Like please, the big boy have to kill some aliens at the other end of the galaxy. He can't just always stay in the waiting room for the next smash, reading a newspaper with his glass on while drinking a cup of tea, only to get put as a boss/trophy/stage hazard/etc...it just get tiresome after awhile.

Being a hardworker space pirate is hard, ya know?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only leak I would really need is one that basically confirm if Ridley is in or not as a character.
Well you're lucky, every rumor think he's in- so if he's not in, they're all fake :troll:

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I actually liked a lot the idea of Good Guys vs Villains, I still hope for a majority of new villains in the newcomers.
Porky, Waluigi (?) and Marx would be really cool.
I don't care too much for them, but also Ridley and K. Rool would be nice.

Nintendo has a lot of nice villains, it's time to make them shine, Sakurai.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think the only villains I'd like to 100% see are Ridley and Medusa with Wolf returning

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well you're lucky, every leak think he's in- so if he's not in, they're all fake :troll:
They always have to drop the balls at the end/close to the end.

Those "leaks" I swear, it's worse than any TV show that just build-up and build-up for something special in the last episode, only to end the series on a underwhelming note.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I actually liked a lot the idea of Good Guys vs Villains, I still hope for a majority of new villains in the newcomers.
Porky, Waluigi (?) and Marx would be really cool.
I don't care too much for them, but also Ridley and K. Rool would be nice.

Nintendo has a lot of nice villains, it's time to make them shine, Sakurai.
That and also Emily Roger talking about the "Ultimate Smash roster" made me Sliiiightly believe that rumor because, when I imagine an Ultimate Rosters, most of what was in the riddle was my representation of it.
A lot of beloved Characters, and with Snake/Simon/Sora/Geno I think we would have the BEST third party roster ever, and no need to @ me. Because deep down you know it's true

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I think those guys were just messing around for the memez and the lolz, tbh.
Yeah that's the one thing I'm worried about. Ridley has basically become a meme synonymous with the Smash franchise as a whole, so it could've just been for ****s n'giggles. Then again, the teasing and hints were being done before the Direct, a few days before I think.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's outline failure conditions for these leaks

I'll go first

-No (new) 3rd party shown
-New 3rd Party doesn't come from Activision, Microsoft, Konami or Square Enix

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Let's outline failure conditions for these leaks

I'll go first

-No (new) 3rd party shown
-New 3rd Party doesn't come from Activision, Microsoft, Konami or Square Enix
>Activision

Did I miss something? Because the only leak with Activision Characters got debunked pretty hard because of the Sonic Racing Game, and the Nintendo Third Party Booth leak.

>Doesn't come from Microsoft

On that one I'll say. No leaks ever said that a Microsoft representation would be playable. And Dreamcast guy isn't really most reliable thing, he's mostly piggybacking. Also
>GoldenEye on Switch
Nice joke.

>Konami and Square Enix
Only one that truly matter.

I'll add this too
>Arms Characters get added
>Pyra/Rex instead of Elma
>Decidueye get in

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
A third party will almost certainly be shown at E3. Snake was teased in Brawl's gameplay reveal, and Mega Man followed Smash 4's. Pretty safe bet we'll know one of our guests this coming week.

Speaking of, one week, AAAAAAA

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
That and also Emily Roger talking about the "Ultimate Smash roster" made me Sliiiightly believe that rumor because, when I imagine an Ultimate Rosters, most of what was in the riddle was my representation of it.
A lot of beloved Characters, and with Snake/Simon/Sora/Geno I think we would have the BEST third party roster ever, and no need to @ me. Because deep down you know it's true
It have a lot of variety, with characters from tons of franchises instead of almost all characters going to the same franchises (for example, Donkey Kong is the only one that gets 2 reps, the rest gets 1, making it more diverse than the last smash).
the original franchises all get a new character (if you count geno/mallow as a mario character) with the exception of Kirby (rip kirby, sakurai may thinks you don't need a new rep)
Also great third parties.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
This drought, this secretism, this apparent effort into not leaking anything.. It better pay out at E3, I think it will. I think the wait will be worth it.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Gonna go out on a limb and say the E3 demo's roster will be leaked early. How early, I don't know.
Probably 1-2 third party newcomers, and 2-3 first party newcomers

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'd like to see more villains tbh, I wouldn't be mad at all if Medusa and Porky got in and both seem like they'd make extremely fun and interesting fighters too

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reveal all the starter characters...or atleast the important ones

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If we actually get a Heroes vs Villains theme and Dark Matter still doesn't even have a trophy or other mention in the game I think I'll go insane.

But anyway, as something fun to do before E3, let's play a game, post any one of your wanted newcomers and also guess what their tier will be in the first Backroom tier list for Smash Switch if they manage to get in the game, and yes, there's literally no evidence or gameplay to reasonably believe anything, but that's what makes it fun. Let's see how hilariously wrong (or right) our guesses are! I'll start, reasoning is optional:

Bandana Dee: D-Tier (Because it's Bandana Dee and I have a gut feeling that Sakurai will go Dedede mode on him, for whatever reason Dedede got it he'll get the treatment of unnecessary nerfs and never get buffed regardless of viability, which'll ultimately result in him being perceived as mediocre competitively)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I would rather believe creative leaks like the Riddle leak versus someone who says "not true, and I know dis because insider stuff"

Zeox

Smash Champion
If we actually get a Heroes vs Villains theme and Dark Matter still doesn't even have a trophy or other mention in the game I think I'll go insane.

But anyway, as something fun to do before E3, let's play a game, post any one of your wanted newcomers and also guess what their tier will be in the first Backroom tier list for Smash Switch if they manage to get in the game, and yes, there's literally no evidence or gameplay to reasonably believe anything, but that's what makes it fun. Let's see how hilariously wrong (or right) our guesses are! I'll start, reasoning is optional:

Bandana Dee: D-Tier (Because it's Bandana Dee and I have a gut feeling that Sakurai will go Dedede mode on him, for whatever reason Dedede got it he'll get the treatment of unnecessary nerfs and never get buffed regardless of viability, which'll ultimately result in him being perceived as mediocre competitively)
Dark Matter or Zero himself could end being a Boss (specially Zero, he is the bigger ball)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I would rather believe creative leaks like the Riddle leak versus someone who says "not true, and I know dis because insider stuff"
Truly the thing that pisses me off.
If you know something but can't share it. Close Your mouth and don't come with vague ****.
That **** is the equivalent of "My uncle work at Nintendo" as much of a reliable person that guy is.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Creativity and personal wishes aside, you really should never believe a rumor outright. That's a great way to be disappointed. =(

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
>Doesn't come from Microsoft

On that one I'll say. No leaks ever said that a Microsoft representation would be playable.
To be fair, I didn't say 3rd party character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Emily's words are what really encourage me, she's been a big profile in the Nintendo community for a while now, so she'll know exactly what would get Smash fans excited, and she doesn't just sugarcoat things if she doesn't think they'll be well received either (Let's Go for example). Even ignoring the other leaks (personally not buying the riddle leak, on the edge about Vergeben) the way she talks about "The Ultimate Smash roster" gives me a lot of hope for a lot of the oldschool requests, it could finally be time for the likes of Ridley, K. Rool and maybe even Geno.

Smash 4's roster was widely praised, but I don't think anyone who was a part of the Smash community at the time would have described it as the ultimate roster beforehand seeing as it was initially missing the 3 of the 4 most wanted characters (Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, with Mega Man being the only one who made it).

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
okay im gonna put my predictions here just in case i somehow do manage to get something right

10 new characters, 4 vets and 6 newcomers

Vets: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur
Newcomers: Inkling, Ridley, Captain Toad, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Chibi Robo

I know it's bold to only predict 10 characters and no 3rd party but the roster is HUGE, and characters aren't an addition; they're a multiplication. And if they're only adding 10 characters then instead of the usual criteria (e.g. "we need a retro rep!!!!", "where's our WTF char???",, "3rd party or bust!") I think Sakurai will try and round off the roster with popular requests (bringing back Wolf, putting in Ridley), putting in missing universes (Inkling, who also was a really popular request, Chorus Men, Chibi-Robo), and putting in the missing vets (Climbers, Squirt/Ivysaur) and all-stars (Toad and Dixie).

Why Squirtle and Ivysaur? Gen 7 doesn't have a clear frontrunner and Pokemon isn't in dire need of a new character... with Greninja, their jump to the 3DS and its generations are represented. Why does Alola need a new character, just because it sold and it's new? Since if that's all it takes to get a character then this roster would look entirely different. With Squirtle and Ivysaur, they're unique veterans that would make sense to bring back if they're truly trying to round off the roster. Per Emily Rogers' leak about the roster being "Ultimate"; how can they claim to have an ultimate roster if they still have messes to clean up? It's like not doing your work in school then asking for extra credit. It doesn't work out.

If I added three more characters to this prediction though I'd put Rayman, Takamaru and Bandana Dee. A fourth would be Isabelle.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Alright, call me overoptimistic, crazy, or whatever, but I'm going with it. K.Rool, Ridley and Banjo are in and scheduled to be revealed at E3. Sakurai definitely knows they are huge deal, plus the ballot and the fact that little Nintendo All Stars are left, and this secretism and mystery.. it just smells like big surprises. This can't be only for Inklings and little more, I refuse to believe that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Ridley: A-Tier for the first list. Long reach and a great air game would make everyone feel he's crazy good at launch as he'll have an easier time against people who aren't familiar with the game's mechanics. Over time he'd just fall further and further down the list as big characters are yet again proven to be poor and mostly just balanced around FFAs. In the end he probably ends up in or around D or E tier (assuming F or G is the worst).

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well since Melee I wanted a Smash with the theme Heroes vs Villains as you can see in my signature, so if the leak is real I will be beyond excited and my dream come true to play some of my favorite evildoers. Add the Ice Climbers and I will be ok, don´t need anything else.

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom