• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
My personal hype ratings:
Ridley: 90%
Simon: 85%
Wolf: 5%
King K. Rool: 95%
Dixie Kong: 80%
Sora: 10%
Geno/Mallow: 100%
Chorus Kids: 0%
Porky: 70%
Medusa: 75%
Mimikyu: 30%
Elma: 20%
Snake: 98.6%
Ice Climbers: 15%
Samurai Goroh: 50%
Takamaru: 80%

I generally love the imgur list, which is why I know it won't ever happen. Especially with Geno, he's been my #1 pick forever. It's gotta be fake, the list is too amazing.

Also, real talk: What kind of moves would Bomberman have? I can't imagine any moves would involve him exploding a bomb at close proximity, given how all explosions hurt you in bomberman games. So that leaves kick bomb, throw bomb, set down bomb?

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
Also, real talk: What kind of moves would Bomberman have? I can't imagine any moves would involve him exploding a bomb at close proximity, given how all explosions hurt you in bomberman games. So that leaves kick bomb, throw bomb, set down bomb?
Well, of course we have DreamMix TV World Fighters to look at, the fan games like SSF2 and Crusade... Personally I like it when his own bombs can hurt him, yeah.
Here's a couple of movesets I can easily paste in from elsewhere:

My minimalist bomb-heavy moveset.

(B) - Bomb
Plops up to three bombs down at a time which will explode on a timer. It bounces once slightly when placed, affected by any momentum of Bomberman's. This is basically how it works in DreamMix TV.
Bomberman only can pick up the bombs and throw them like other characters are able to throw their generated "items". Bomberman's bomb explosions will ALSO hurt him, like Link's. This move will be spoken of again in future moves that also utilize the 3-bomb limit.

(B)+UP - Bomber Copter
Bomberman's pom opens and the yellow propellor blades pop out, as with the Bomberman Hero gear. Bomberman will now, for a brief time, either stay aloft at the altitude (if left or right is pressed, he can move in those directions) or ascend (is up is pressed). If down is pressed, the propellors will be retracted, and Bomberman will fall. (He will also fall when the time runs out.) While the Bomber Copter is in effect, the (B)-Bomb move can be used, and when B is pressed, Bomberman will drop a bomb down beneath him. (a la bomb usage during Bomberman Hero's Bomber Copter)

(B)+SIDE - Bomb Kick
This is a variation on the simple (B)-Bomb move. It uses the same 3-bomb limit as all of his moves do.
Instead of plopping a bomb down with his present momentum, this will auto-kick a Bomb to roll along the ground. (Think how the Ice Climbers' ice moves along.) Shielding will stop it in its tracks. If it makes contact while moving, it will explode. Otherwise, it explodes on the usual timer.

(B)+DOWN - Landmine
Bomberman sets a Landmine down, which may be somewhat hard to see. Only one of these can be at a time, but it ALSO counts as one of the three active bombs Bomberman is limited to. Pressing (B)+DOWN again will detonate it, (making it a Remote Control bomb) as will an enemy touching it. As annoying as it sounds.

FINAL SMASH - Full Fire
All of Bomberman's bombs become huge "dangerous bombs", similar to his killer shot from Bomberman Jetterz, and he is immune to his bomb damage for a short time with Fireproof.

Additional points of inspiration that weren't used:
- Elemental Stones / Bombs [Second Attack, Hero, Multiple Titles] (Ice, Lightning, Wind, Magma, Light, Gravity, Salt, and the oft-seen Bouncing Bomb)
- Bomber Jet [Hero] (A jetpack gear)
- Bomber Slider [Hero] (A boarding gear)
- Louie / Pommy & other Charabons [Multiple Titles] (Animal helpers)
- A bunch of foolishness that goes on in the Bomberman Land titles, which has him doing just about every imaginable activity in the name of "minigames"

-Smashes-

>.Smash: Bomb Kick- Bomberman kicks medium sized bomb forward. It has a range of upto 7.ft and briefly stuns opponents, and it will detonate 1.5.sec after it stops moving or if attacked. It deals 19% dmg.

v.Smash: Old-Timer Bomb- Bomberman drops a medium sized timebomb that can be remotely detonated. When detonated, it will create streams of fire on both sides and straight up (Like the old-school bombs). It has the unique property of growing stronger the longer it's on the stage. It's dmg% ranges from 20-28% dmg, and its blast radius ranges from 3-7.ft.

^.Smash: Bomb Rain- Bomberman twirls a small bomb in his hand as he prepares to toss it upwards. While the bomb's small and does only 5% dmg, the longer charges the more bombs he tosses. He can toss upto 5 at once.

-Specials- While I wall categorize the bombs as small, medium, and large, the power they have varies from attack to attack.

B: Charge Bomb- Bomberman creates a small bomb and holds it above his head. You can tap B to throw it, or hold B to charge up and make the bomb larger and more dangerous. Uncharged it's just abit smaller then his head, partially charged it's slightly bigger then his head, and fully charged it's 3/4 his size. The dmg% and blast radius is uncharged 9% (2.ft), 18% (64.t), and 27% (6.ft). It takes the bomb 1.5 seconds to detonate from the time Bomberman releases it or it witt detonate if hit by a attack.

>.B: Jetter Dash- Bomberman swiftly dashes forward (Think Fox Phantasm) about 8.ft and leaves behind multiple (3) each 2.ft apart small bombs in his his wake. Each bomb deals 7% dmg. Although the average fighter would only get hit by 2 since the bombs are each spaced out by a couple of feet.

^.B: Bomb Jump- Bomberman creates a medium sized bomb then jumps off of it like a make shift platform. If the bomb hits a opponent in the air, it counts a a (footstool) and interferes with their attempted recovery. Also it deals 9% dmg when it detonates.

v.B Bomb Element- Bomberman has some of the Bomb Element Crystals with him. Each crystal alters the properties of his bombs used in his specials. Next to Bomberman's dmg% will be a box with a symbol on it. It will show the element currently equiped (Think Shulk's Manado).

Fire- Normal bombs.

Wind- Deals no damage, but pushes opponents farther and is Very useful against recovering opponents since it affects them like the gust bellows or Mario's F.L.U.D. (meaning it doesn't count as a attack and pushes them away)

Lightning-Creates a pillar of electricity. It deals 1 hit and really is just meant for vertical radius, which is good for opponents on higher platforms or ones jumping around.

Light- Deals no damage, but it slows time for those caught in the blast. Kinda like Witch-time including the dmg% directly effecting the duration that they're slowed for. However they move at 1.3x the speed of witch-time. (To keep it from being broken)

Gravity- Creates a small blackhole that deals continuous damage, and sucks in small projectiles. (large gravity bombs can suck in larger projectiles. They deal 1.3x as much damage but no knockback.

-Final Smash- Max Blast Bomb- Bomberman creates a large bomb (2x his size) and Max joins in creating his signature "Hyper Bomb" combining their powers results in a large scale explosion (1/2 the length of Final Destination in diameter) the blast has a cool prismatic aesthetic to it. It deals 40% dmg.

Zeox

Smash Champion
>"Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in."
Uuummm... Vergeben said this? are you sure? because if it is, I can right now think in a very good reason to why Nintendo would be holding it back.
Because that news could come with a playable Porky in smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Others are doing it, and so shall I

Ridley: 9000% (Yeah...I would be caught off guard)
Simon: 50% (the music...I remember Dashie nearly crying over it and the song, 2-1 or 4-1 me thinks, was so amazing)
Wolf: 70% (Furries with Cool Voices Trinity)
King K. Rool: 80% (Expand)
Dixie Kong: 90% (Ultra Expand)
Sora: 0% (:4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit::4pit:>>>>>>>>>>)
Geno/Mallow: 50% (More Mario characters)
Chorus Kids: 0% (know nothing about them)
Porky: 40% (know only Ness and Lucas)
Medusa: 100% (YES)
Mimikyu: 21% (I want a grass type, unless this Pokémon is one)
Elma: 19% (Pyra/Myphra >)
Snake: 40% (new 3rd party instead)
Ice Climbers: 100% (YES)
Samurai Goroh: 40% (:4falcon:...but a black guy instead)
Takamaru: 40% (know nothing about him)
Lyn/Celica/Anna: 9000%
Captain Toad/Toadette: 9000%
Impa: 80% (new Zelda character needed)
Viridi: 100% (YES)
Eddie the Yeti: EXPANDSION PACKED% (EXPAND)
Leo Luster: READY TO MAKE COCONUT CREAM PIES (I’m Leo Luster)
*get the references*
Amy Rose: 90% (please)
& Knuckles: & Knuckles%...& Knuckles (don’t chuckle and flex muscle...& Knuckles)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
>"Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in."
Uuummm... Vergeben said this? are you sure? because if it is, I can right now think in a very good reason to why Nintendo would be holding it back.
Wait what? Where's that coming from?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Wait what? Where's that coming from?
Of what he said in december:
There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.

There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.
It can be pretty much fake, since a lot of these didn't happen yet, he had info but not clear at all and some of it wrong (like metroid prime in january)

Or they're dolls fighting against each other in a child's imagination.
I'm.. pretty sure they dropped that concept from Melee onwards, honestly, seeing that no acknowledgment has been made to that ever since 64 (which makes me enjoy it a little more, honestly). But don't listen to me, LMAO, I'm ****ing crazy

Just thinking of anything I can say/share to make this wait less..... agonizing.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
So real talk, this perfectly illustrates why I so firmly believe that Bomberman is the most deserving 3rd party candidate at this point. I just took a cursory peek at the wiki page for Bomberman games and there have been a whopping 41 Bomberman games on Nintendo consoles over the years.

41 games.

This is also why I've always felt Black Mage would have been a better fit as a FF rep, but that ship has obviously sailed. Point is Bomberman as a series has appeared on Nintendo consoles 41 times. The character being in every one of those games. He is iconic and even has a game on the Switch right now. He has everything going for him apart from current mainstream popularity or possibly Sakurai's love specifically, which of course i can't speak to. But given what Smash is and what it represent, I'm hard pressed to understand how any other 3rd party, not already in game, comes close really.

And even as to popularity, it's not as though Pac-Man or Megaman are 3rd party powerhouses at the moment either. Popular sure, but not on the level that some people seem to expect is necessary. Remember when people thought Pac-Man in Smash was ridiculous?

And honestly you might think, well, he didn't get into Smash 4, so why now? But honestly, Bomberman R being on the Switch, regardless of how people feel about the game now, may well be enough of a push in terms of relevance to seal the deal.

I dunno, maybe I'm being unreasonable because I love the character so much. But just, one more time, 41 appearances on Nintendo consoles. I don't think that can be overstated.

BOMBERMAN FOR SMASH!! :happysheep:
Amazing argument.

I’d like to add that people see the possible inclusion of Simon and thus probable return of Snake as certain doom for Bomberman’s chances because 3 Konami characters seems like overkill. However, so many people see a Monster Hunter representative likely, assuming Megaman and Ryu both return (I don’t see why they wouldn’t). Others think another Sonic character (I love ‘em all, but only Tails or Knuckles should really be considered) has a decent shot, giving Sega a third character too.

Bomberman is hands down top 3 most deserving 3rd party characters and if Sakurai and Nintendo are working with Konami at all, Bomberman had to be somewhere on the list of things to consider. If Simon is indeed on the base roster, I think there’s a significant chance that we might see Bomberman as DLC.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
"Mother 3 is being localized and will be at E3" has been a thing that's been said/implied by pretty much every insider since 2013, including ones much more credible than Vergeben.

Honestly wouldn't put any stock into it, let alone Porky being in Smash because of it.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
"Mother 3 is being localized and will be at E3" has been a thing that's been said/implied by pretty much every insider since 2013, including ones much more credible than Vergeben.

Honestly wouldn't put any stock into it, let alone Porky being in Smash because of it.

I want Reggie to burn me alive.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Of what he said in december:

It can be pretty much fake, since a lot of these didn't happen yet, he had info but not clear at all and some of it wrong (like metroid prime in january)
That sounds pretty strange tbh. If Mother 3 was ready for that long it would be out already, or at least announced. It doesn't make sense to me that they just don't know when to release it and hold it back for months.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well... maybe.

A rumor that is likely fake also claimed that the Spyro trilogy remaster didn't get announced for the Switch yet (it got announced for the Xbox One and Ps4) because they are waiting for E3 to reveal it along with Spyro as a playable character in Smash.

So it is already not a "new" concept in the mind of those leakers. The interpretation for what that means for this specific leak could vary.

One could argue that this helps the chances of this leak being true because of the fact that Velbergan himself didn't mention or think about the possibility of Mother 3 being delayed specifically because of a Porky reveal in Smash Bros. at E3. If he had done so, that could have been an evidence suggesting that he was taking inspiration in past leaks and rumors in order to construct a new fake leak.

However, the possibility that Velbergan decided to claim such a thing about Mother 3 in the past in order to let an implicit connection about porky in a future leak for people to interpret it since it's not really that hard for an usual reader to make this connection is also plausible. Leaving possible connections implicit in a leak without really mentioning them is not a rare strategy used by fake leakers in order to avoid the "to good to be true" argument.

I tried to be as clear as possible with this post, I hope you guys understand the main idea.

Last edited:

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
Amazing argument.

I’d like to add that people see the possible inclusion of Simon and thus probable return of Snake as certain doom for Bomberman’s chances because 3 Konami characters seems like overkill. However, so many people see a Monster Hunter representative likely, assuming Megaman and Ryu both return (I don’t see why they wouldn’t). Others think another Sonic character (I love ‘em all, but only Tails or Knuckles should really be considered) has a decent shot, giving Sega a third character too.

Bomberman is hands down top 3 most deserving 3rd party characters and if Sakurai and Nintendo are working with Konami at all, Bomberman had to be somewhere on the list of things to consider. If Simon is indeed on the base roster, I think there’s a significant chance that we might see Bomberman as DLC.
You make a good point. I won't give up on the possibility of Bomberman DLC if we end up with Snake + Simon. It's true that many people, myself included, have allowed the current precedent to limit what they are able to visualize as possible...
But really there is no actual big deal with having 3 representatives for some of the guest companies, and it's certainly never been said that there couldn't be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd give my hype percentages for the imgur thing. Don't believe it for a second, but hey, it's all in good fun.

Ridley: Hype: 30%
Simon: Hype: 100%
Wolf: Hype: 10%
King K. Rool: Hype 5%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 60%
Sora: Hype 100%
Geno/Mallow: Hype 80% for Geno, 10% for Mallow
Chorus Kids: Hype 80%
Porky: Hype 20%
Medusa: Hype: 0%
Mimikyu: Hype 20% if game based, 0% if anime based
Elma: Hype 10%
Snake: Hype: 80%
Ice Climbers: Hype: 100%
Goroh: Hype: 30%
Takamaru: Hype 20%

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Well, of course we have DreamMix TV World Fighters to look at, the fan games like SSF2 and Crusade... Personally I like it when his own bombs can hurt him, yeah.
Here's a couple of movesets I can easily paste in from elsewhere:

My minimalist bomb-heavy moveset.

(B) - Bomb
Plops up to three bombs down at a time which will explode on a timer. It bounces once slightly when placed, affected by any momentum of Bomberman's. This is basically how it works in DreamMix TV.
Bomberman only can pick up the bombs and throw them like other characters are able to throw their generated "items". Bomberman's bomb explosions will ALSO hurt him, like Link's. This move will be spoken of again in future moves that also utilize the 3-bomb limit.

(B)+UP - Bomber Copter
Bomberman's pom opens and the yellow propellor blades pop out, as with the Bomberman Hero gear. Bomberman will now, for a brief time, either stay aloft at the altitude (if left or right is pressed, he can move in those directions) or ascend (is up is pressed). If down is pressed, the propellors will be retracted, and Bomberman will fall. (He will also fall when the time runs out.) While the Bomber Copter is in effect, the (B)-Bomb move can be used, and when B is pressed, Bomberman will drop a bomb down beneath him. (a la bomb usage during Bomberman Hero's Bomber Copter)

(B)+SIDE - Bomb Kick
This is a variation on the simple (B)-Bomb move. It uses the same 3-bomb limit as all of his moves do.
Instead of plopping a bomb down with his present momentum, this will auto-kick a Bomb to roll along the ground. (Think how the Ice Climbers' ice moves along.) Shielding will stop it in its tracks. If it makes contact while moving, it will explode. Otherwise, it explodes on the usual timer.

(B)+DOWN - Landmine
Bomberman sets a Landmine down, which may be somewhat hard to see. Only one of these can be at a time, but it ALSO counts as one of the three active bombs Bomberman is limited to. Pressing (B)+DOWN again will detonate it, (making it a Remote Control bomb) as will an enemy touching it. As annoying as it sounds.

FINAL SMASH - Full Fire
All of Bomberman's bombs become huge "dangerous bombs", similar to his killer shot from Bomberman Jetterz, and he is immune to his bomb damage for a short time with Fireproof.

Additional points of inspiration that weren't used:
- Elemental Stones / Bombs [Second Attack, Hero, Multiple Titles] (Ice, Lightning, Wind, Magma, Light, Gravity, Salt, and the oft-seen Bouncing Bomb)
- Bomber Jet [Hero] (A jetpack gear)
- Bomber Slider [Hero] (A boarding gear)
- Louie / Pommy & other Charabons [Multiple Titles] (Animal helpers)
- A bunch of foolishness that goes on in the Bomberman Land titles, which has him doing just about every imaginable activity in the name of "minigames"

-Smashes-

>.Smash: Bomb Kick- Bomberman kicks medium sized bomb forward. It has a range of upto 7.ft and briefly stuns opponents, and it will detonate 1.5.sec after it stops moving or if attacked. It deals 19% dmg.

v.Smash: Old-Timer Bomb- Bomberman drops a medium sized timebomb that can be remotely detonated. When detonated, it will create streams of fire on both sides and straight up (Like the old-school bombs). It has the unique property of growing stronger the longer it's on the stage. It's dmg% ranges from 20-28% dmg, and its blast radius ranges from 3-7.ft.

^.Smash: Bomb Rain- Bomberman twirls a small bomb in his hand as he prepares to toss it upwards. While the bomb's small and does only 5% dmg, the longer charges the more bombs he tosses. He can toss upto 5 at once.

-Specials- While I wall categorize the bombs as small, medium, and large, the power they have varies from attack to attack.

B: Charge Bomb- Bomberman creates a small bomb and holds it above his head. You can tap B to throw it, or hold B to charge up and make the bomb larger and more dangerous. Uncharged it's just abit smaller then his head, partially charged it's slightly bigger then his head, and fully charged it's 3/4 his size. The dmg% and blast radius is uncharged 9% (2.ft), 18% (64.t), and 27% (6.ft). It takes the bomb 1.5 seconds to detonate from the time Bomberman releases it or it witt detonate if hit by a attack.

>.B: Jetter Dash- Bomberman swiftly dashes forward (Think Fox Phantasm) about 8.ft and leaves behind multiple (3) each 2.ft apart small bombs in his his wake. Each bomb deals 7% dmg. Although the average fighter would only get hit by 2 since the bombs are each spaced out by a couple of feet.

^.B: Bomb Jump- Bomberman creates a medium sized bomb then jumps off of it like a make shift platform. If the bomb hits a opponent in the air, it counts a a (footstool) and interferes with their attempted recovery. Also it deals 9% dmg when it detonates.

v.B Bomb Element- Bomberman has some of the Bomb Element Crystals with him. Each crystal alters the properties of his bombs used in his specials. Next to Bomberman's dmg% will be a box with a symbol on it. It will show the element currently equiped (Think Shulk's Manado).

Fire- Normal bombs.

Wind- Deals no damage, but pushes opponents farther and is Very useful against recovering opponents since it affects them like the gust bellows or Mario's F.L.U.D. (meaning it doesn't count as a attack and pushes them away)

Lightning-Creates a pillar of electricity. It deals 1 hit and really is just meant for vertical radius, which is good for opponents on higher platforms or ones jumping around.

Light- Deals no damage, but it slows time for those caught in the blast. Kinda like Witch-time including the dmg% directly effecting the duration that they're slowed for. However they move at 1.3x the speed of witch-time. (To keep it from being broken)

Gravity- Creates a small blackhole that deals continuous damage, and sucks in small projectiles. (large gravity bombs can suck in larger projectiles. They deal 1.3x as much damage but no knockback.

-Final Smash- Max Blast Bomb- Bomberman creates a large bomb (2x his size) and Max joins in creating his signature "Hyper Bomb" combining their powers results in a large scale explosion (1/2 the length of Final Destination in diameter) the blast has a cool prismatic aesthetic to it. It deals 40% dmg.
[/Q
These are some great ideas. Honestly now I would not be opposed to Bomberman in smash!

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
My imgur rumor hype thingy (I don't believe it, doing it just for fun)
Ridley: over 9000% (2nd most wanted character, and a characters whose chances are slim if history tells anything? YES!)
Simon: Hype: 60% (I know nothing of his series but he's the third party that makes the most sense to me at this point)
Wolf: Hype: 95% (I miss him!)
King K. Rool: Hype 85% (he's a must have at this point)
Dixie Kong: Hype: 85% (same as K. Rool)
Sora: Hype 5% (I'd be somewhat happy for his fans but unfortunately I'm really not into KH nor do I think he's a good 3rd party choice)
Geno/Mallow: Hype 70% (would be 100% if it was Geno only, I would need to see it in action, is too much of a weird idea)
Chorus Kids: Hype 70% (Rhythm Heaven is cool)
Porky: Hype 40% (Never thought of him as a possibility, would rather have Mother 1 Giygas, etc)
Medusa: Hype: 60% (Isn't one of my most wanted, but she's cool and I actually expect her to be in)
Mimikyu: Hype 100% (Most wanted Poke, favorite Alola Poke)
Elma: Hype 100% (better than Rex :p lol but really I want her so bad)
Snake: Hype: 70% (isn't the best 3rd party choice but I love MGS and he was so cool in Brawl)
Icies: Hype: 95% (look at Wolf)
Goroh: Hype: 85% (F-Zero love is always welcome)
Takamaru: Hype 90% (Smash needs a traditional samurai)

Verdict: I would love this rumor to be real but I kinda want it to be fake since I don't want the roster to be spoiled. In any case, again, I really don't believe it, since it just piggybacks on the only rumor with an ounce of credibility (Vergeben, which is another one I still don't buy)

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Alright, let's follow the group:

Ridley: Hype: 100%, waited for him for so long.
Simon: Hype: 50%, don't care much about him but third-party!
Wolf: Hype: 75%, veteran!
King K. Rool: Hype 10% meh.
Dixie Kong: Hype: 10% meh
Sora: Hype 100% because damn he would be cool. Just don't think that he is possible at all.
Geno/Mallow: Hype 70%, cool.
Chorus Kids: Hype 30%, meh.
Porky: Hype 65%, mech hell yeah.
Medusa: Hype: 10% meh
Mimikyu: Hype 100% oh yeah let's kill dem pikachus
Elma: Hype 10% meh.
Snake: Hype: 100% oh yeah, he is back!
Ice Climbers: Hype: 100% those guys too
Goroh: Hype: 40% cool but nothing moe.
Takamaru: Hype 20% meh.

Also you don't have to add "I don't believe it" in every single post guys, none of us are in this team yet.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don’t care enough about Bomberman to see him join in Smash, also I fear that his moveset will be composed entirely om bombs, which kinda makes it seem a little bland and repetitive.

Isn’t @BluePikmin11 supposed to share his/her newcomer analysis today? I want to read 48 minutes of knowledgable bliss.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eh. I'm bored and I still don't believe this dumb leak but:

Ridley: Hype: 70%
Simon: Hype: 60%
King K. Rool: Hype 50%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 95%
Geno/Mallow: Hype 90% for Geno, 5% for Mallow (sorry he's an annoying character, cool powers though)
Chorus Kids: Hype 0%, just like Mariah Carey? I don't know her, therefore I can't say anything.
Porky: Hype 40%, the mech is neat, but meh.
Medusa: Hype: 10%, I loved the game, I loved the mythology. I just don't think this game should be her game to get in over countless other Nintendo characters.
Mimikyu: Hype 80%
Elma: Hype 100%, never played her game, but everything I've heard about her? Yas queen, get your Smash life.
Snake: Hype: 85%
Goroh: Hype: 0%, I think F-Zero is fine with just Captain Falcon in it's current state.
Takamaru: Hype 40%, I'm slightly interested, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
I don’t care enough about Bomberman to see him join in Smash, also I fear that his moveset will be composed entirely om bombs, which kinda makes it seem a little bland and repetitive.

Isn’t @BluePikmin11 supposed to share his/her newcomer analysis today? I want to read 48 minutes of knowledgable bliss.

It is perfectly understandable to not care about a character, but by this point it should be obvious that Sakurai can create movesets that are gold even for characters that have FAR less source material to glean ideas from.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't think I'm going to post my percentages...because I know when a character is actually announced, I'll be a lot more hyped for them than I originally anticipated.

...But here's my THOUGHTS?:

Ridley: Oh God, yes. I finally want this character to make it.
Simon: This is personally one of my favorite potential newcomers.
Wolf: I can't believe he didn't already make it back! He really should be in.
King K. Rool: One of my personal favorites; I love the classic DK games, and K. Rool is such a fun villain.
Dixie Kong: She makes sense. I don't find her as interesting as K. Rool or other DK characters, but she's significant.
Sora: That'd be pretty fun. Even without Donald or Goofy, the Keyblade fighting with magic lends itself to a great moveset.
Geno/Mallow: Geno would be amazing. Mallow is fine. Having them together? Kinda weird...depends on how it's exectued.
Chorus Kids: They represent Rhythm Heaven as much as anything else. As long as they act like "Rhythm Heaven" characters, it's sound like something I'd love.
Porky: Not my favorite choice for a MOTHER newcomer, but a sensible one. He bridges Ness and Lucas.
Medusa: Once again, just not my favorite. She's the definitive villain, and has plenty to work with for moveset, but Hades was just such a stand-out villain, I think that'd be so much more fun.
Mimikyu: Honestly, I think this would be both hilarious and awesome. "LET'S SNUGGLE FOREVER."
Elma: PLEASE. PLEASE YES. Xenoblade Chronicles X was one of my Wii U favorites, so I really don't want to see it get skipped!
Snake: I really hope so, ESPECIALLY if Simon is in. He was such a great and unique Brawl character.
Ice Climbers: They better be back! ....If, for some strange reason, they weren't, I actually wouldn't miss them that much...
Goroh: Ehhhhhhh. If you're gonna have a 2nd F-Zero character, he makes the most sense...but that's about it.
Takamaru: Another one of my favorites. I'm such a sucker for samurai, and he's the main reason I don't care as much about Goroh now; Takamaru blows him out of the water.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sure, why not? I'm all about jumping on bandwagons.

Ridley: Hype: 20%
Simon: Hype: 55%
Wolf: Hype: 25%
King K. Rool: Hype: 10%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 10%
Sora: Hype: 85%
Geno/Mallow: Hype: 10% (never played SMRPG)
Chorus Kids: Hype 70%
Porky: Hype 5% (never played an Earthbound game, and I don't play the characters we already have anyway)
Medusa: Hype: 30% (love me some Kid Icarus reps, but I would prefer Viridi)
Mimikyu: Hype 20%
Elma: Hype 75%
Snake: Hype: 50%
Ice Climbers: Hype: 50%
Goroh: Hype: 0% (don't really need another F-Zero rep)
Takamaru: Hype 75%

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I do have to wonder about, how many people (not people here or people in the Smash community, people in general) would play as Bomberman if he got in? I say this from experience from having played a lot of SSF2, where I only very rarely see randoms playing as him online (and he’s not terrible or anything in that game, either.) Of course, he’d be implemented differently in Smash and the demographic is a bit different, but I’d like to hear some opinions on that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It is perfectly understandable to not care about a character, but by this point it should be obvious that Sakurai can create movesets that are gold even for characters that have FAR less source material to glean ideas from.
It's right here

https://smashboards.com/threads/an-...-of-my-smash-switch-prediction-roster.455055/

It's a separate thread but I see you just found it though

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace

Sakurai of all people can make his moveset stand out. And with your logic, half the existing characters are bland and repetitive.

I never cared for Bayonetta, Dark Pit, WFT, Little Mac or anything Animal Crossing, but that didn’t stop Sakurai from seeing their potential.

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
I do have to wonder about, how many people (not people here or people in the Smash community, people in general) would play as Bomberman if he got in? I say this from experience from having played a lot of SSF2, where I only very rarely see randoms playing as him online (and he’s not terrible or anything in that game, either.) Of course, he’d be implemented differently in Smash and the demographic is a bit different, but I’d like to hear some opinions on that.
It is my thought that he might find himself in a bit of a Mega Man situation if included. Mega Man was more heavily requested, of course, but his method of play seemed to drastically limit the number of people who chose to main him. (From my experience and perspective, anyhow.)
Though judging by my time with him in DreamMix TV, (It isn't fair to use this, really, but it's all I have.) Bomberman's grounded melee game was a lot more... well, present... than Mega Man's in Smash, so he might be a little more approachable to users if he plays in a similar manner to that.
Of course, he's also not as popular, so that's why I'm wondering if it will even out in terms of usage.
I don't think Bomberman's SSF2 moveset is anything like what the official moveset would be... He was unbelievably more fun (imo) in DreamMix TV, but of course I main him in both.
I'm a bad example, of course, because I will main Bomberman in any game even if he is the lowest tier, least fun character, until the final moment I draw breath on this earth.

I notice him in signatures here, but not getting brought up nearly as often as say on GameFAQs.
We know that some people do care to have him around, he tends to place around #10 in recent NA fanpolls I have been seeing, and around #15 in JP fanpolls. That isn't too shabby. (Of course, fanpolls don't mean much and are the opinions of very specific small audiences, but I thought I would mention it anyway.)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hype percentages for the characters of an obviously fake leak.

-Ridley: 90% One of my most wanted newcomers.
-Simon: 80% One of the most iconic third parties left, Castlevania is great.
-Wolf: 50% He was alright.
-King K. Rool: 80% I love the DKC trilogy, and I would be hyped for his fans.
-Dixie Kong: 50% Would be OK.
-Sora: 0% I don't care.
-Geno/Mallow: 50% Would be higher, but I don't like Mallow.
-Chorus Kids: 55% They are cute.
-Porky: 40% I love Mother, but it would be too much.
-Medusa: 0% No.
-Mimikyu: 50% I never liked it that much, but I love Pokemon so, it's OK.
-Elma: 0% I don't want more of these characters.
-Snake: 80% Was awesome.
-Ice Climbers: 0% Never liked them, and I totally expect them.
-Goroh: 0% Too random and I don't care for F-Zero.
-Takamaru: 0% Looks boring and I dislike retros in general.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It is my thought that he might find himself in a bit of a Mega Man situation if included. Mega Man was more heavily requested, of course, but his method of play seemed to drastically limit the number of people who chose to main him. (From my experience and perspective, anyhow.)
Though judging by my time with him in DreamMix TV, (It isn't fair to use this, really, but it's all I have.) Bomberman's grounded melee game was a lot more... well, present... than Mega Man's in Smash, so he might be a little more approachable to users if he plays in a similar manner to that.
Of course, he's also not as popular, so that's why I'm wondering if it will even out in terms of usage.
I don't think Bomberman's SSF2 moveset is anything like what the official moveset would be... He was unbelievably more fun (imo) in DreamMix TV, but of course I main him in both.
I'm a bad example, of course, because I will main Bomberman in any game even if he is the lowest tier, least fun character, until the final moment I draw breath on this earth.

I notice him in signatures here, but not getting brought up nearly as often as say on GameFAQs.
We know that some people do care to have him around, he tends to place around #10 in recent NA fanpolls I have been seeing, and around #15 in JP fanpolls. That isn't too shabby. (Of course, fanpolls don't mean much and are the opinions of very specific small audiences, but I thought I would mention it anyway.)
I know how you feel by seeing people attack your beloved character like this, but it's destined to eventually happen in a thread like this. I've seen people saying Crash is some irrelevant character that don't deserve being in smash and that does hurt my heart, but i can't do much to change their opinions unfortunately. The best thing to do is to simply ignore it when it happens and continue supporting your beloved character.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I guess i'll throw my 50 cents into the hat
Ridley: Hype: 30%
Simon: Hype: 0%
Wolf: Hype: 60%
King K. Rool: Hype: 25%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 0%
Sora: Hype: 100%
Geno/Mallow: Hype: 20%
Chorus Kids: Hype 90%
Porky: Hype 0%
Medusa: Hype: 0%
Mimikyu: Hype 75%
Elma: Hype 20%
Snake: Hype: 60%
Ice Climbers: Hype: 90%
Goroh: Hype: 0%
Takamaru: Hype 60%

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Eh. I'm bored and I still don't believe this dumb leak but:

Ridley: Hype: 70%
Simon: Hype: 60%
King K. Rool: Hype 50%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 95%
Geno/Mallow: Hype 90% for Geno, 5% for Mallow (sorry he's an annoying character, cool powers though)
Chorus Kids: Hype 0%, just like Mariah Carey? I don't know her, therefore I can't say anything.
Porky: Hype 40%, the mech is neat, but meh.
Medusa: Hype: 10%, I loved the game, I loved the mythology. I just don't think this game should be her game to get in over countless other Nintendo characters.
Mimikyu: Hype 80%
Elma: Hype 100%, never played her game, but everything I've heard about her? Yas queen, get your Smash life.
Snake: Hype: 85%
Goroh: Hype: 0%, I think F-Zero is fine with just Captain Falcon in it's current state.
Takamaru: Hype 40%, I'm slightly interested, nothing more, nothing less.
I don't think anyone believes this dumb leak tbh but it's something to talk about lol.

Anyway.

Ridley: 100%
He's been one of my most wanted forever, IT'S WHAT HE DESERVES. Plus purple space dragons are dope and metroid is dope and villains are dope and ridley is generally dope.

Simon: 40%
I have no connection to castlevania but I'm sure he'd be fun at least.

Wolf: 100%
He was one of my mains in brawl and I miss him, falco should've been cut over him fight me.

King K Rool: 50%
Not my preferred DK rep but more DK is more DK. Plus he'd be like fun or whatever

Dixie Kong: 100%
My monkey queen, She missed brawl and smash 4 and I'll be real sad if she misses it again, she'd be so fun and I love her.

Sora: 10%
Don't know anything about kingdom hearts and don't really care to. Keep it.

Geno/Mallow: 10%
Their game came out before I was born so I don't really get the hype I guess, @ nintendo just buy the rights square aren't even using them jesus.

Chorus Kids: 30%
One I expect but don't really care about, their designs are ugly but I'm sure they'd be fun so there's that.

Porky: 70%
Something I didn't know I wanted till this "leak", spider mechs are cool and while I haven't played the mother games he seems like an awesome character.

Medusa: 80%
Another character I didn't know I wanted, I haven't played Kid Icarus but she's the baddest ***** and I wanna play as her

Mimikyu: 40%
I'd rather have decidueye but they're cute at least.

Elma: 100%
**** YEAH, my queen and I love her and she'd literally fit into smash perfectly and would make the greatest character.

Snake: 60%
I don't really know anything about MGS but he was fun in brawl and as a unique veteran I feel he should come back

Icies: 30%
I want it and expect it but I'm not gonna be hyped or anything

Goroh: 20%
Eh, Falcon with a sword isn't really an idea that interests me and I don't know squat about F-Zero or him.

Takamaru: 40%
Expect it but don't really care, I'm sure he'd be fun at least, samurai's are cool. @ Platinum make him another game.

Last edited:

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
I know how you feel by seeing people attack your beloved character like this, but it's destined to eventually happen in a thread like this. I've seen people saying Crash is some irrelevant character that don't deserve being in smash and that does hurt my heart, but i can't do much to change their opinions unfortunately. The best thing to do is to simply ignore it when it happens and continue supporting your beloved character.
You're right. I don't think anyone here has really been mean about him though, especially when I think of the kinds of things many Mega Man supporters used to say to me in order to diminish Bomberman's value during the Brawl era... In the end, it's marvelous that people love different characters.
As for Crash, it would warm my heart to see him included. I feel that Bomberman and Crash are like missing puzzle pieces.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
It's actually 10

Because one you add th three it's the 5 on each side.
No? You would do 3 to balance the middle and then add 5 on each side. That's why 6,7,8 appear twice.

I know because I built a roster around this specific restriction lol. And I should add this isn't anything at all and they can and probably will redo the CSS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

13 or more, if someone gets cut.
No? You would do 3 to balance the middle and then add 5 on each side. That's why 6,7,8 appear twice.

I know because I built a roster around this specific restriction lol. And I should add this isn't anything at all and they can and probably will redo the CSS
It's actually 10

Because one you add th three it's the 5 on each side.

CfHLoJWUEAAuZlG.jpg

Going by how the CSS actually works in Smash Wii U, it can hold 6 rows of 14 (as in 84 slots total). The blank space to the sides will ALWAYS be blank space. Never go by how much "room" said space leaves; the space is there for a reason.

The character selection icons also shrink the more that are added, so that's something to factor in as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dont believe the leak per se, but i do think it has some merit over other leaks, not credibility but merit worth discussing.
What you just wrote made too much sense... now I am almost convinced the leak is real. Better get started on the five stages of grief.

RIP Toad, Meowth, and Decidueye (the one non-Meowth Pokémon I really wanted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom