• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So...people want another Fake leak to discuss? Here it is.

That one is piggybacking both the Vergeben and Imgur leak spinning it at his own sauce
But it sounds so fake and weird.
For people who don't know who it is, Monita is the Monitor robot from Nintendo Land.

I call this one absolutely fake
Monita wouldn't be as big a surprise as many make her out to be imo, Sakurai loves his peripheral characters, and Monita could represent the Wii U and its gamepad gimmick. At the very least I've considered it a possibility before, which is more than can be said of Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion.

Decent roster overall, the inclusions are a bit more believable (and safe) than the Imgur leak, but it's also just your daily 4chan "leak", so meh.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
So...people want another Fake leak to discuss? Here it is.

That one is piggybacking both the Vergeben and Imgur leak spinning it at his own sauce
But it sounds so fake and weird.
For people who don't know who it is, Monita is the Monitor robot from Nintendo Land.

I call this one absolutely fake
This one acknowledges other leaks, meaning that is 100% confirmed to be piggybacking, something that the imgur leak had at its favour because it didn't even mention Vergeben.
It is also a mix between the Imgur leak and it's own characters, like having K. Rool, Mimikyu and Geno, yet removing for more third parties and other weird characters.
Specially monita, that is the weirdest one possible.
It smells too much of fake.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I think fans forget that Sakurai is a human with complex feelings and thought processes just like the rest of us, so he's bound to change his mind. I'm personally trying to detach from the imgur leak because 1). I want to be open to characters outside the scope of my own perspective and 2). I don't feel like being disappointed if Mimikyu isn't in lmfaooo

Is the leaker credible?

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Because Robin offered more and Lucina was a last minute clone. It's been discussed to death at this point.
I know this, but it's entirely besides the point. I'm trying to make a IDEAL roster of All Stars NOT A PREDICTION. In ideal rosters, what Sakurai says doesn't matter because it's your opinion of how things should be. In case, people didn't read my edit, why is everyone hating on me? I was probably a bad person before, but I've improved exponentially.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think fans forget that Sakurai is a human with complex feelings and thought processes just like the rest of us, so he's bound to change his mind. I'm personally trying to detach from the imgur leak because 1). I want to be open to characters outside the scope of my own mind and 2). I don't feel like being disappointed if Mimikyu isn't in lmfaooo

Is the leaker credible?
Daily 4chan """"leaks"""" of the day is the one I just posted.
The Imgur leaks was posted on Reddit first. Which is kinda surprising in itself since usually they're never posted here, heck, they are forbidden.
Only Vergeben is the most "trustful" one for being an actual leaker with source.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It was! Along with other titles that would be relevant to the rumor. Super Mario RPG, Super Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, F-Zero, EarthBound are all there.
Man, if Sakurai didn't find too much potential in newer characters back when he decided the roster, or just anyone worthwhile really, I could totally see this possible that he just went for recruits in those re-releases.

I still think this is most likely fake, but that won't stop me from discussing this and having fun with it. This is literally the most fun I'm having discussing Smash since the first days after reveal. So you party crushers just let us enjoy the time.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I dunno Nekoo, this leak from 4chan...
it's too obvious, too in the nose, too "let's remove the characters I don't like from this imgur leak and add the ones I like".
Not saying is impossible, but man if it sounds like big BS.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think the same honestly. The fact that it mentions other leak is a very big red-flag.
The Reddit/imgur Leak was like "Boom here that secret imgur leak" without saying anything else- and got Snake right before Vergeben (I know it's "logical" but it's still a point for it, without confirming it)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Off topic, but between Nekoo Nekoo , Hinata Hinata and myself, we got some Undernight love going on in our signatures.

I'd say "Let's get some Undernight love in Smash!", but
A) Hahahahha no and
B) We have Cross Tag to compensate.

:happysheep:
An old post, but I saw you and Nekoo have Under Night gifs in your signatures, and I wanted to join in on the fun. Having a character from the games in Smash would be amazing, but that's the ultimate pipe dream.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Everyone talk about MGS being more of a Sony game.
Yet they all forget that Nintendo have Ghost Babel on the Game Boy, which is one of the greatest game on it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

WHO WANT HIM!?!?!
Snake was one of my favourite character to play in Brawl. Not just because he was fun, but for all the little detail that was put in his moveset, stage, animation, etc...imo, Calling to the Night was one of the best "unfitting" music that you could have in a game where Mario can beat up Kirby, and who can forget the codec?

If Snake truly came back, it be the best day of my life ever. And if Snake came back with Ridley coming in?

Man, I don't know if my body could handle it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Who the hell doesn't want him lmao?
Me, kind of.

In Brawl, I enjoyed Sonic. Snake? Felt a bit outlandish.
Then Bayonetta appeared, and I got to play Project M's Snake.

IF Sakurai can get the hold of his gun control and actually make Snake worth it, then yes, I want him back. If it's Brawl Snake? I can go without.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh, in case you all want to see, I made a moveset for Eevee!

Eevee Moveset

Neutral A- Eevee swipes in front of her

Down Tilt- Sand Attack: Eevee throws out a small amount of sand around her that does slight damage

Side Tilt – Leaf Blade: Eevee summons Leafeon who uses leaf blade to cut anyone near her diagonally

Up Tilt- Quick Attack: Eevee does a quick small jump upwards, attacking with her head and paw

Dash- Surf: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses surf, which allows Eevee to surf on a small area of water, hurting whoever she runs into

Nair- Eevee summons Leafeon, who protects Eevee with leaves around her, dealing slight damage.

Up, down, and side air- Swift: Eevee shoots out stars a short distance, hurting anyone the stars come in contact with

Down Smash- Discharge: Eevee summons Jolteon who then creates a barrier of electricity around Eevee. The duration last longer the longer you charge it.

Up Smash- Lava Plume: Eevee summons Flareon who then uses Fire Plume to attack anyone directly above it.

Side Smash- Moon Blast: Eevee summons Sylveon who uses Moon Blast to shoot a beam directly in front of her to damage others. Works kinda like Goku’s Kamehameha in SSF2, but shorter range.

Neutral Special- Ice Shard: Eevee summons Glaceon, who then uses Ice Shard, which throws weak shards of ice across the stage, which can go through enemies, hitting multiple opponents with one shard. Can be shot at the same pace as Falco’s blaster.

Up Special- Feint Attack: Eevee summons Umbreon, who uses Feint Attack, causing Eevee to disappear and then reappear a short distance away. Umbreon also attacks whoever is near him at the end of the attack.

Side Special- Future Sight: Eevee summons Espeon, who uses Future Sight on the opponent she’s facing. This causes the future sight to be sticked onto them. Whenever the user uses side B again, this will cause the future sight to attack, dealing a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Down Special- Acid Armor: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses Acid Armor on Eevee, causing Eevee to be more resistant to attacks, taking less damage and knockback. This only last a few seconds, and must recharge after using it.

Final Smash- Extreme Evoboost: Eevee summons all of her evolutions, who give her an extremely high boost in her attacks damage and knockback, her speed, and make her temporarily invincible. Her summons also gain the attack boost.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

I got hyped with that remix.

Man, if Ridley truly is in this time, I really hope his trailer it's ****ing epic, and the seconds prior showing him up (and the splash screen, if they do it again) are tremendously teasing and breathe-taking. Something that makes you feel just EXACTLY that the moment you've been waiting for ages is just about to become real.

I just pictured this one where the hypothetical heroes vs villains are fighting, and then, a huge crash sounds in the distance, some of the heroes are zoomed from front and above while in the ground you can see Ridley's shadow (hah) approaching just as his theme hits and goes in-crescendo. Then he is zoomed, while floating mid-air, staring at them, ROARS intensely and the splash-screen drops.. MAN.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Oh, in case you all want to see, I made a moveset for Eevee!

Eevee Moveset

Neutral A- Eevee swipes in front of her

Down Tilt- Sand Attack: Eevee throws out a small amount of sand around her that does slight damage

Side Tilt – Leaf Blade: Eevee summons Leafeon who uses leaf blade to cut anyone near her diagonally

Up Tilt- Quick Attack: Eevee does a quick small jump upwards, attacking with her head and paw

Dash- Surf: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses surf, which allows Eevee to surf on a small area of water, hurting whoever she runs into

Nair- Eevee summons Leafeon, who protects Eevee with leaves around her, dealing slight damage.

Up, down, and side air- Swift: Eevee shoots out stars a short distance, hurting anyone the stars come in contact with

Down Smash- Discharge: Eevee summons Jolteon who then creates a barrier of electricity around Eevee. The duration last longer the longer you charge it.

Up Smash- Lava Plume: Eevee summons Flareon who then uses Fire Plume to attack anyone directly above it.

Side Smash- Moon Blast: Eevee summons Sylveon who uses Moon Blast to shoot a beam directly in front of her to damage others. Works kinda like Goku’s Kamehameha in SSF2, but shorter range.

Neutral Special- Ice Shard: Eevee summons Glaceon, who then uses Ice Shard, which throws weak shards of ice across the stage, which can go through enemies, hitting multiple opponents with one shard. Can be shot at the same pace as Falco’s blaster.

Up Special- Feint Attack: Eevee summons Umbreon, who uses Feint Attack, causing Eevee to disappear and then reappear a short distance away. Umbreon also attacks whoever is near him at the end of the attack.

Side Special- Future Sight: Eevee summons Espeon, who uses Future Sight on the opponent she’s facing. This causes the future sight to be sticked onto them. Whenever the user uses side B again, this will cause the future sight to attack, dealing a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Down Special- Acid Armor: Eevee summons Vaporeon who uses Acid Armor on Eevee, causing Eevee to be more resistant to attacks, taking less damage and knockback. This only last a few seconds, and must recharge after using it.

Final Smash- Extreme Evoboost: Eevee summons all of her evolutions, who give her an extremely high boost in her attacks damage and knockback, her speed, and make her temporarily invincible. Her summons also gain the attack boost.
Cool moveset. I find it interesting that one could take two completely different approaches to Eevee and still have it work. I personally would prefer Eevee didn't call on the Eeveeloutions beyond the Extreme Evoboost final smash. I'm playing Eevee to play Eevee, after all. Also making 9 Eeveeloution models would be an awful lot for one character.

I personally think Eevee has plenty of moves in its standard level-up moveset as well as some great selections from the TM/HM moveset. Also, considering most (all?) Pokemon characters in Smash don't use any actual named moves as their normals, Eevee would really only need 4 named attacks to make up the special moveset. I would envision them this way:

Neutral B: Swift. Shoots a quick wave of stars forward, shoots at a 45 degree angle downward if used in the air. Multihit move.

Side B: Bite. Eevee lunges forward and bites onto the first opponent hit with a command grab. Eevee takes multiple bites and can throw the opponent forward or backward by pressing the joystick in either direction.

Up B: Quick Attack. After a split second of startup, Eevee quickly darts in a linear path. The angle depends on the angle of the joystick.

Down B: Work Up. Eevee pumps itself up after a short charge, giving a temporary boost to speed/jump height/knockback. Much like Deep Breathing on WFT, this ability cannot be used frequently.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Meanwhile... I'm imagining a ridiculous scenario where, if they reveal Ridley, all of the gameplay in his trailer has the lightning bolt shrink effect applied to him, so he's comically tiny. :p How would you all react to that, even though he wouldn't actually normally be that size of course?

(I'm kinda ambivalent about Ridley; if he's in, then cool, if not, then ehh.)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think the same honestly. The fact that it mentions other leak is a very big red-flag.
The Reddit/imgur Leak was like "Boom here that secret imgur leak" without saying anything else- and got Snake right before Vergeben (I know it's "logical" but it's still a point for it, without confirming it)
There is still enough to be skeptical of Vergeben since, from my research, he's been off with Nintendo. From a thread 6 months ago (late Dec I think)

NINTENDO:

There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.

There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.
  • Gen 8 isn't happening this year and it's a totally different game
  • No footage of MP4 in Jan
  • No word on Mother 3
  • Kind of right on the Virtual Console but from how he's talking, it seems like he's implying the Virtual Console itself will be a subscription. Nintendo has said the new service is not Virtual Console, its only NES games and it's tied to online. This one is up to interpretation but it seems clear he didn't know much
  • No Hearthstone. Blizzard has teased Diablo 3, but not Hearthstone
  • No WEWY2. Only a re-release of the first game.
Now, some of these could still happen (though Animal Crossing would just be a guess since everyone is expecting it) and this was posted on r/Kappa, so it could be teasing. However, the username checks out and it had other info in it. Link to the thread.

He may have more info on other companies but doesn't seem likely with Nintendo. Nintendo in general is a closed book which is why not many leaks come out of them (save for Datamines which Nintendo still can't keep under wraps. Both Xenoblade and Aces got hit). Most of his info is unconfirmed or wrong. Only think he can kind of get credit for is "Virtual Console is different," but I could have told you that (I noted this specifically on the Video Game Accountant I beleive)

What makes me skeptical of his rumor is "no cuts" which is highly unlikely give the past few games, Miis not being in any Nintendo titles and licensing 6 guest characters. Doesn't seem likely (even though Ridley, Simon and IC aren't that outragious). I'd say it's likely wrong given what we can surmise and the fact he doesn't have a great track record with Nintendo.

?????????????

Smash Master
With Eevee, I feel like the thing that makes it so special and such a stand-out Pokemon IS the Eeveelutions, so I'd really want a Smash Bros. Eevee to incorporate that concept somehow.

My idea was a Special Move that makes Eevee evolve into your choice of Eeveelution, in a scrolling manner similar to Shulk's "stance changes." Once you evolve, you're stuck as that Eeveelution until you die.

As an Eeveelution, most of Eevee's moves and abilities are unaltered or only slightly altered, with things like Ice effects for Glaceon and high swim time for Vaporeon. The only move that completely changes is the Special Move that transforms Eevee, which becomes an attack of that Eeveelution's element.

Evolving also changes Eevee's Final Smash, with base Eevee using Extreme Evoboost.

It may seem like a lot to make models for all of Eevee's forms, but if you keep the animations the same, I don't think it'd be that much more difficult than what they did for Bowser Jr. Probably just a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Something I thought of when it comes to the 3rd parties

:snake: Games for a Nintendo console = 8
Appearance on a Nintendo console = 8

:4cloud: Games for a Nintendo console = 40
Appearances on a Nintendo console = 5

:4ryu:Games for a Nintendo console = 19
Appearances on a Nintendo console = 19

:4pacman:Games for a Nintendo console = 40+
Appearances on a Nintendo console = 40+

:4megaman:Games for a Nintendo console = 50+
Appearances on a Nintendo console = 50+

:4bayonetta:Games for a Nintendo console = 5
Appearances on a Nintendo console = 5

The Chad:4sonic:Games for a Nintendo console = too damn much
Appearances on a Nintendo console = too ****ing much

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There is still enough to be skeptical of Vergeben since, from my research, he's been off with Nintendo. From a thread 6 months ago (late Dec I think)

• Gen 8 isn't happening this year and it's a totally different game
  • No footage of MP4 in Jan
  • No word on Mother 3
  • Kind of right on the Virtual Console but from how he's talking, it seems like he's implying the Virtual Console itself will be a subscription. Nintendo has said the new service is not Virtual Console, its only NES games and it's tied to online. This one is up to interpretation but it seems clear he didn't know much
  • No Hearthstone. Blizzard has teased Diablo 3, but not Hearthstone
  • No WEWY2. Only a re-release of the first game.
Now, some of these could still happen (though Animal Crossing would just be a guess since everyone is expecting it) and this was posted on r/Kappa, so it could be teasing. However, the username checks out and it had other info in it. Link to the thread.

He may have more info on other companies but doesn't seem likely with Nintendo. Nintendo in general is a closed book which is why not many leaks come out of them (save for Datamines which Nintendo still can't keep under wraps. Both Xenoblade and Aces got hit). Most of his info is unconfirmed or wrong. Only think he can kind of get credit for is "Virtual Console is different," but I could have told you that (I noted this specifically on the Video Game Accountant I beleive)

What makes me skeptical of his rumor is "no cuts" which is highly unlikely give the past few games, Miis not being in any Nintendo titles and licensing 6 guest characters. Doesn't seem likely (even though Ridley, Simon and IC aren't that outragious). I'd say it's likely wrong given what we can surmise and the fact he doesn't have a great track record with Nintendo.
Yeah. This leaker has a poor track record. Also, having no cuts is completely ridiculous. The roster may become too big and bloated.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
With Eevee, I feel like the thing that makes it so special and such a stand-out Pokemon IS the Eeveelutions, so I'd really want a Smash Bros. Eevee to incorporate that concept somehow.

My idea was a Special Move that makes Eevee evolve into your choice of Eeveelution, in a scrolling manner similar to Shulk's "stance changes." Once you evolve, you're stuck as that Eeveelution until you die.

As an Eeveelution, most of Eevee's moves and abilities are unaltered or only slightly altered, with things like Ice effects for Glaceon and high swim time for Vaporeon. The only move that completely changes is the Special Move that transforms Eevee, which becomes an attack of that Eeveelution's element.

Evolving also changes Eevee's Final Smash, with base Eevee using Extreme Evoboost.

It may seem like a lot to make models for all of Eevee's forms, but if you keep the animations the same, I don't think it'd be that much more difficult than what they did for Bowser Jr. Probably just a bit.
Making Eevee evolve would likely make coding it a nightmare, even if they just change elemental properties. They'd have to code 8 unique properties for at least the specials. It'd require a ton of model work, needing 72 colors (8 for each Eeveeloution, assuming 8 player Smash is coming back). And then 9 final Smashes? Yikes.

Also, Eevee's inclusion would definitely be related to Let's Go Eevee, where you can't even evolve your starter partner Eevee.

EDIT: I see that you said it would only change one special move of Eevee's when it evolved. I misread that the first time. Still, thats 9 special moves coded for one move. That is still a lot.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Making Eevee evolve would likely make coding it a nightmare, even if they just change elemental properties. They'd have to code 8 unique properties for at least the specials. It'd require a ton of model work, needing 72 colors (8 for each Eeveeloution, assuming 8 player Smash is coming back). And then 9 final Smashes? Yikes.

Also, Eevee's inclusion would definitely be related to Let's Go Eevee, where you can't even evolve your starter partner Eevee.
Yeah, I know it's a stretch. Like...a REALLY big stretch. I'm not counting on it.

Has the "no evolution" thing been confirmed?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Cool moveset. I find it interesting that one could take two completely different approaches to Eevee and still have it work. I personally would prefer Eevee didn't call on the Eeveeloutions beyond the Extreme Evoboost final smash. I'm playing Eevee to play Eevee, after all. Also making 9 Eeveeloution models would be an awful lot for one character.

I personally think Eevee has plenty of moves in its standard level-up moveset as well as some great selections from the TM/HM moveset. Also, considering most (all?) Pokemon characters in Smash don't use any actual named moves as their normals, Eevee would really only need 4 named attacks to make up the special moveset. I would envision them this way:

Neutral B: Swift. Shoots a quick wave of stars forward, shoots at a 45 degree angle downward if used in the air. Multihit move.

Side B: Bite. Eevee lunges forward and bites onto the first opponent hit with a command grab. Eevee takes multiple bites and can throw the opponent forward or backward by pressing the joystick in either direction.

Up B: Quick Attack. After a split second of startup, Eevee quickly darts in a linear path. The angle depends on the angle of the joystick.

Down B: Work Up. Eevee pumps itself up after a short charge, giving a temporary boost to speed/jump height/knockback. Much like Deep Breathing on WFT, this ability cannot be used frequently.
The reason that previous Pokemon haven't used named moves is that they all have something to work with. Eevee does not have that. As an unevolved normal type, it basically just has its own anatomy for its moveset plus named moves, without the benefit of an element or general power or stand-out physical feature:
:4charizard:Fire, wings
:4greninja:Water, tongue
:4jigglypuff:is a balloon, can copy Kirby as needed
:4lucario:Aura
:4mewtwo:Psychic/Dark, long tail
:4pikachu:Electricity
:squirtle:Water, shell
:ivysaur:Vines from vine whip, plant miscellany

Eevee is just a catdogfox thing and, without named moves or evolving, would just be kicking, biting, scratching, headbutting/tackling and tail whipping for its entire standard moveset + throws + most of its specials (even in your moveset). It's like a strictly worse Pikachu because it doesn't even have the benefit of electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom