• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
vaanrose vaanrose

I believe it was you who debunked stuff like this last time and how this makes no sense as a basis of finding out characters.

Let alone you know the sheer fact they can redesign the character interface.
Something something overscan safety

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know I feel like I feel like if Ridley was indeed playable I feel like the reveal trailer could be a troll one

Basicly Samus vs pikachu on the pyrosphere stage revealed as a returning stage

And hazard Ridley pops out and does as usually and just before a attack or whatever the playable Ridley pops out of no where and kos hazard Ridley then the banner "Ridley sizes up" like banner then gameplay.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I actually hope we get no "Card" when a character appears like his name and a usually cringy puns...let us enjoy the show

D

Deleted member

Ah, people are gauging their hype over the imgur "leak"? Guess I'll say mine too. -shrug-

Ridley: Hype: 45%
Simon: Hype: 5%
Wolf: Hype: 80%
King K. Rool: Hype: 15%
Dixie Kong: Hype: 5%
Sora: Hype: 0%
Geno/Mallow: Hype: 0%
Chorus Kids: Hype 10%
Porky: Hype 25%
Medusa: Hype: 15%
Mimikyu: Hype 15%
Elma: Hype 5%
Snake: Hype: 50%
Ice Climbers: Hype: 35%
Goroh: Hype: 75%
Takamaru: Hype 30%

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't know if the splash screens will return, we didn't see one for Inkling.
Maybe what we saw is the new thing. We'll see a character in a situation totally normal to them, then everything goes dark, they turn around, and the Smash symbol is reflected in their eyes.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
This is a weird question, but in the Inkling reveal trailer, was anyone else reminded of Don Hertzfeld's 'Rejected' when the Inkling was staring at the Smash logo?

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Fiiiiine I'll betray my name and do a hype thing too.

Ridley: 60%
Simon: 30%
Wolf: 70%
King K. Rool: 60%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Sora: 50%
Geno/Mallow: 60%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Porky: 60%
Medusa: 50%
Mimikyu: 60%
Elma: 40%
Snake: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Goroh: 20%
Takamaru: 20%

I'm not personally attached to any of these characters, I think all of them could be cool. Ridley, K Rool, and Geno would be exciting just for what it means in the smash community. I'd be more hyped for Sora for a couple of my friends who are diehard KH fans. Snake and Ice Climbers coming back would probably affect me the most because I loved playing both of them.
Although to be honest this game could've been a $60 port with just Inklings and I would've bought it, everything else is just icing on the cake to me.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope this game's tone is darker than the previous ones.
I'm not referring to something like Brawl's realistic art style, but I don't know, Smash 4 was way too colorful and the main theme was not epic at all IMO, was kinda too happy and just not good. Brawl's was epic.

Maybe what we saw is the new thing. We'll see a character in a situation totally normal to them, then everything goes dark, they turn around, and the Smash symbol is reflected in their eyes.
Would be cool.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
This is actually a dope idea, like I'm imagining Ridley and Samus fighting and then it fades out and zooms in on his eye, maybe he then chases her towards the smash symbol as well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>snake sneak in
>Takamaru Slice the foes
>Sora Lock the deal
>Geno and Mallow Team Up
>K.rool Krok In
>Ridley is still too big.

Pls no.
Now see. Smash 4 had good puns.

Yours sound like what a beluga having a stroke would write.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hype thingie:
Ridley: 20% I think Samus is enough representation for Metroid imo, but I am curious as to how they would make him work, and for everyone else who wants him
Simon: 40% like him, but I'd prefer Soma
Wolf: 100%
King K. Rool: -50%
Dixie Kong: -100%
Sora: 27% I'd rather Riku, Roxas or Axel/Lea tbh
Geno/Mallow: 10% don't like the idea of more Mario, might be higher if they're cool in Smash
Chorus Kids: 50% - 100% depends on their implementation
Porky: 100% sounds like an awesome and unique idea, plus he's a great character
Medusa: 80% her design is sick and she was great in KI:U
Mimikyu: 75% rather Lycanroc but I love Mimikyu
Elma: 10000% any Xenoblade gets this, even Juju
Snake: 90%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Goroh: 20% - 50% depends on implementation
Takamaru: 100% put him in already and revive his series, please

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
So I wanted to bring this up cause I'm curious on what people think of this. So Stealth, who has hinted on twitter that he knows about the smash switch roster, said on a stream today that he thinks smash switch will not have any western third parties. What do you guys think of this, and do you think his words have any merit?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I wanted to bring this up cause I'm curious on what people think of this. So Stealth, who has hinted on twitter that he knows about the smash switch roster, said on a stream today that he thinks smash switch will not have any western third parties. What do you guys think of this, and do you think his words have any merit?
That's a fairly safe assumption regardless.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I can literally see only Cloud getting cut
Why would square enix make a deal to have Could in smash just to cut him a couple of years later?
...Oops, we've changed our minds, give him back, chop chop.

Snake's situation is utterly different of the thirdies we've got in Sm4sh.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hype:

Wolf: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ridley: 90%
Ice Climbers: 75%
Snake: 75%
Dixie Kong: 65%
Samurai Goroh: 65%
Chorus Kids: 50%
Takamaru: 50%
Elma: 40%
Mimikyu: 40%
Simon Belmont: 40%
Porky: 30%
Medusa: 25%
Sora: 20%
Geno: 10%

I would not be opposed to it. Only missing Black Shadow (Goroh would be a fine replacement anyway), Pichu, and Phoenix Wright from my most wanted list missing. All three are longshots anyway.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Downloading Hype............

Ridley - 100% Space dragon and possible heavyweight
Simon - 90% Loved the SNES game
Wolf - 20% Fun to play to an extent; prefer Andross
King K. Rool - 100% Most wanted
Dixie Kong - 60% Loved the Kong Country games; preferred her over the other characters in the games to play
Sora - 2% Poop
Geno/Mallow - 70% together or apart; Mario RPG was and still is amazing
Chorus Kids - 65% Interested to see implementation
Porky - 15% Enjoy the Spidermech, but not excited for another Earthbound
Medusa - 25% Not for her KI character, but mythic character. Always wanted a Monster in My Pocket Smash
Mimikyu - 55% Love the design
Elma - 40% Not much excitement, but won't throw my Switch in rage
Snake - 55% Like his Smash-portrayed character
Ice Climbers - 60% Miss them
Goroh - 5% Put in Mach Rider

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Jumping on the bandwagon:

Wolf: 100%- My secondary from Brawl. SSB4 is the story of how I lost 3 of my mains lol.
King K. Rool: 100%- DKC is pure nostalgia to me and is probably my second favourite Nintendo franchise after Pokemon.
Ridley: 100%- He is badass.
Ice Climbers: 100%- Cutting them was heresy.
Snake: 100%- I am just really fond of the character.
Dixie Kong: 50%- Does not bring as much hype as K. Rool but I loved her anyway.
Samurai Goroh: 0%- I'd rather have Black Shadow.
Chorus Kids: 0%- They look weird.
Takamaru: 55%- He looks cool.
Elma: 70%- I prefer Rex and Pyra but I am hyped for her anyway.
Mimikyu: 70%- I'd rather have either Decidueye or Lycanrock, because I hate Mimikyu competitively. But it is just personal trauma. As a character I really like him.
Simon Belmont: 40%- I've never played Castelvania but he has potential.
Porky: 100%- A character with layers. And a link that conects both Ness and Lucas. Just amazing.
Medusa: 100%- Badass.
Sora: 40%- Never played Kingdom Hearts but the character looks really cool.
Geno: 0%- I get the cult following but it's not for me.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Does anybody think that the teaser trailer we saw in March will be continued at E3? We only saw obscured silhouettes of the veterans, so a "continued" trailer could show the shot of the veterans as before, but without obfuscation. Otherwise I don't know what the point of showing the veterans in the teaser would be.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The one thing with the imgur leak is that I don't see Sora making base roster. I could see him as DLC, but it doesn't seem as likely for him to be there in the beginning (though I'd probably cry if we end up seeing him at E3, not gonna lie).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
GIVE ME CRASH OR GIVE ME NOTHING!

I'm sorry, I just had to say it :)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
No rayman would make me sad but that's a fairly realistic assumption I guess

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
What you just wrote made too much sense... now I am almost convinced the leak is real. Better get started on the five stages of grief.

RIP Toad, Meowth, and Decidueye (the one non-Meowth Pokémon I really wanted).
Thanks! Makes me feel like writing all that out was worth doing!

I've just been thinking about it a LOT and putting the pieces together. Keep in mind I could just be writing a convincing view on all the characters (my dads a lawyer I know how to argue for evidence or i can never win an argument with him haha) so conversely someone could probably write a super convincing take on the same leak and make it seem "obvious" something like "no f-zero characters have a shot at all", and it would still have about as much evidence against the leak as i put in favor of its choices.

That said though, I dont fall into the camp where i think the evidence stacks against it. instead I'm on board with what i wrote; that in an odd way it all kind of fits when you scrutinize and analyze it instead of what you'd assume would happen, it would all fall apart hopelessly. The choices are just too odd and different than what most people pick YET they fit when you look at them and a few things like snake becoming part of the vergeben leak after the imgr leak guessed it, the stuff with sora and zeros involvement with KH out of no where making the very sketchy guess at sora seem actually likely now, nintendo tweeting about Geno and Mallow! either of which would be shocking for nintendo to bring up yet they brought up BOTH and this leak claims both where as if you were to "fake" a leak you'd never choose to tack on mallow, not having some obvious choices like no zelda rep captain toad or an arms or xenoblade 2 rep and yet the choices instead make sense for the time frame and how sakurai might be looking at repping zeld (with reworked botw link and possibly more reworked characters) and how saving choices like captain toad for DLC is more "profitable" than saving characters most people might not download like goroh/medusa...

theres a lot more to the leak than at first meets the eye, i would not be surprised if its just another fake leak and im just reading way too hard into it BUT I also wont be that surprised if its real tbh.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Did something change recently with the Imgur leak? Everybody's talking about it all of a sudden, did it get more evidence because something changed or are we just talking about it because we've got nothing else to talk about?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
This is actually a dope idea, like I'm imagining Ridley and Samus fighting and then it fades out and zooms in on his eye, maybe he then chases her towards the smash symbol as well.
My current idea is this, typical smash trailer maybe continues from where the last left off. Finally get to see gameplay, Inkling especially. Then back to cutscenes, Inkling killing the competition and is about to face off with Samus, when it goes dark again. Light in the distance, zoom in on Samus. In the reflection of her visor we see the smash ball. Then we see a shadow over the smash ball. Cue Pterodactyl screech and Vs. Ridley theme.

Yea that would be pretty hype XD

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Hype....because that's what everyone else is doing.
Ice Climbers: 100% - Please come home. :(
King K. Rool: 90% - LONG LIVE THE KING!!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!
Chorus Kids: 90% - They would give birth to so many memes.
Medusa: 90% - I love her design, and she'd likely have an amazing move pool.
Simon Belmont: 80% - At long last, the Captain N trio will be complete.
Dixie: 80% - She's a true All Star, I'd love to see her make it in.
Elma: 70% - Awesome, she'd be far better than Rex.
Mimikyu: 70% - I'd honestly prefer him over Decidueye.
Porky: 70% - That's mostly for the spider mech. :)
Wolf: 50% - I certainly wouldn't mind having him back, but I'm not that hyped for his return.
Sora: 50% - I can see myself having mixed feelings about this.
Ridley: 20% - I'd be happy for his fans but I've kind of lost all interest in him as of now.
Takamaru: 20% - Not my first choice as a retro.
Snake: 10% - Is it wrong that I'd be more hyped for "Calling to the Night" to return as stage music.
Geno Mallow team: 10% - This is easily the most questionable thing on the "leak". Having them as a team just feels weird.
Samurai Goroh: 0% - I would prefer Black Shadow by a mile.

After thinking about it for a bit, I would actually love for this leak to be real.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Might sound weird, but I actually hope they don't reveal newcomers the same way they did with the Inklings. Having a little cinematic that focuses on Ridley fighting Samus would totally spoil who was playable.

I'd rather have them do something similar to Smash 4, where we don't immediately know who the newcomer could be. Just feels more exciting and gives you a feeling of suspense.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I just wanna say that the little “leak” saying something about Mother3 makes me giddy as a school girl. I choose to hype irresponsibly. **** being “safe” I live on my emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom