• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Do people still think that this game is a port?

It seems like the majority of the internet believes it's a new game now.

(That or everyone is done with that debate)

Luminario

Smash Lord
Here's a topic:
What song do you want to be playing and remixed during your most wanted character's reveal trailer?
Here are a few songs I want played for a Reimu reveal even though she's never getting in.
Maiden's Capriccio feels like the most memorable Reimu theme for them to choose.
Honestly Touhou is filled with battle bops. I'd love to see how they would handle remixes of my faves.

Onto the topic at hand: Ashley would almost certainly get some remix of her theme playing,
Isabelle would probably get a version of the Island Tour theme
and Mimikyu's would probably go for the basic Wild Pokemon Battle theme, but I'd kinda like to see them go for a battle remix of the Abandoned Megamart song.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Crazy predictions list

5. A popular Zelda deep lore character that hasn't been in a non-warriors game in nearly well over 5 years makes the cut.

4. There is a non-story adventure mode which works differently from melee or brawl's. It's a series of 4-5 substantial, isolated challenges. One is literally just Spring Breeze from kirby super star.

3. There is a rep from a weirdly mature series like No More Heroes or Yakuza.

2. Ridley is in and he is much larger than any other character, is only able to make it through small spaces on some stages by crawling.

1. Sans is an assist trophy or stage.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Here's a topic:
What song do you want to be playing and remixed during your most wanted character's reveal trailer?
Waluigi's probs gonna have the Brawl Waluigi Pinball theme. But I would LOVE to hear a medley of remixes of the more energetic songs from the Mario Tennis series

For some of my other most wanted characters:
  • Ridley: his theme will do, but it needs to be a brand new remix
  • Skull Kid: I imagine a darker remix of Clock Town that transitioned to the Final Hours music could be awesome
  • Captain Toad: the main theme from his game
  • Elma: Don't Worry is like my favorite song ever so that could do a good song

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I see. The leak was these as hints, right?

https://imgur.com/a/H8bcips

If so, which one hinted at K. Rool?
the old piratey blunderbust gun.

also i dunno if this has been discussed but i didn't know about it:

there this old article from january that says sakurai bought a mech toy to use as a 3d model for designing something in a game hes working on, specifically the mechs gun is mentioned: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...ha-anime-vifam-for-next-project/#4979e9334915

and it could totally be used to design elmas verus mech, as the guns look similar. maybe this is a known thing amongst elma supporters but i was not aware of it and now i have to add another notch in the "could be true" belt to the imgr leak.

G_img_yanase09.jpg

Troykv

Smash Master
Here's a topic:
Here are a few songs I want played for a Reimu reveal even though she's never getting in.

I can't decide on one, lol.
I have sort of idea of how this would advance, but it's a bit vague; I have thought it just recently.

So first, we start in a calm moment, at peace.

With a character (I will Ike as an example), walking around here, and ended up finding a place to just sit around for a moment it looks like some kind of forgotten fortress with some broken parts letting the sun light being visible but not annoying. Things are nice for a moment, some birds are flying around, we in particular see a orange bird around the other birds (this doesn't initially too important outside of being a non common color compared with the rest of the more white-ish birds)

During a moment the music stops slowly and, the day becomes cloudier and darker, Ike notices something is weird and looks to his sides, nothing it's happening unti he sees he is now surronded for the *insert generic Cruel Arena Enemies, if they're Miis again make them look unnatural and a bit creepy, or at least feel soulless*,

and they're approaching him... Ike maintains and steady position, try to search and blink space, but there are so many

*I don't have idea which music use for the short battle scene, maybe Time Of Action*

A light ball drops from the sky and obliterate some of the enemies, letting Ike go outside his surronded position and now having the advantage (after all is Ike), and completing the fight with the help of this mysterious magician.

Ike looks up to the position of the, someone was also here in the fortress, but in a higher ground, he sees a female figure, the camera closes up, and we see Micaiah joining the battle... but isn't done yet, Micaiah decided to go down and approach Ike, they don't have a moment to actually interact because more of this being are appearing, Ike and Micaiah join forces again to battle them, and then we go to gameplay. I think for this part the music would actually be a remix using these songs:

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
My crazy predictions are:
  • No FE16 rep
  • No Gen 8 Pokémon rep
  • No Xenoblade 2 rep
  • No ARMS rep
Exclusions rather than inclusions, but predictions all the same.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
the old piratey blunderbust gun.

also i dunno if this has been discussed but i didn't know about it:

there this old article from january that says sakurai bought a mech toy to use as a 3d model for designing something in a game hes working on, specifically the mechs gun is mentioned: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...ha-anime-vifam-for-next-project/#4979e9334915

and it could totally be used to design elmas verus mech, as the guns look similar. maybe this is a known thing amongst elma supporters but i was not aware of it and now i have to add another notch in the "could be true" belt to the imgr leak.

View attachment 146635
It's been brought up before, it's just hard to tell if it actually means anything, and specifically if it relates to elma to begin with. He also said he bought it for the rifle but it seems weird a whole mech figure to buy it just for that imo.

Roberk

Smash Champion
So, my most wanted newcomer among those with reasonable chances is Celica. Given that Sakurai has reused remixes in the past for certain trailers (notably Robin's), Celica's reveal trailer would probably use the Brawl remix of With Mila's Divine Protection, considering it's basically her theme. That being said, I would take the Shadows of Valentia version over it in a heartbeat.

But what I would REALLY want is for her trailer to utilize Twilight of the Gods, Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's final map theme.
Haven't played SOV, but I'd be legitimately mad if Twilight of the Gods didn't make it in in some way. It would be criminal to not include a song of that epic caliber.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
countdown.PNG

You guys can't do this to me. This countdown to ****in' judgement day.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Haven't played SOV, but I'd be legitimately mad if Twilight of the Gods didn't make it in in some way. It would be criminal to not include a song of that epic caliber.
I’d enjoy seeing a non swordie from FE in

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Here's a topic:
One of my most wanted newcomer is King K. Rool and his theme needs to be this one. Pure nostalgia:
And for Pauline, other than the obvious Jump up super star, odyssey's ending theme would be neat:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
My crazy predictions are:
  • No FE16 rep
  • No Gen 8 Pokémon rep
  • No Xenoblade 2 rep
  • No ARMS rep
Exclusions rather than inclusions, but predictions all the same.
Strongly agree, Sakurai definitely COULD do it, but it doesn't mean he WOULD. We don't know if he'd want to add newcomers and create movesets for them when there's not much to go off and there's no guarantee things will stay the same or if the game will even come out. The only precedent we have for this is Greninja, doesn't mean he's gonna start adding other characters from then unreleased games and doing so specifically for a pokemon representative makes sense since it's important for the inclusions to always be relevant since the casts and the current lineup of pokemon are constantly changing and pokemon has a solid and predictable release schedule

Last edited:

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Strongly agree, Sakurai definitely COULD do it, but it doesn't mean he WOULD. We don't know if he'd want to add newcomers and create movesets for them when there's not much to go off and there's no guarantee things will stay the same or if the game will even come out. The only precedent we have for this is Greninja, doesn't mean he's gonna start adding other characters from then unreleased games and doing so specifically for a pokemon representative makes sense since it's important for the inclusions to always be relevant since the casts and the current popular pokemon change frequently
Sakurai is a bit of a wild card at times, He could do anything at this rate, from what I hear there is gonna be a new engine too

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It's been brought up before, it's just hard to tell if it actually means anything, and specifically if it relates to elma to begin with. He also said he bought it for the rifle but it seems weird a whole mech figure to buy it just for that imo.
i mean sakurai has the money to blow on anything even if its buying a whole figure for its toy rifle. Sakurai has said hes used figure models before when designing smash, from a creative programmer stand point when you're trying to think about how a character can move or what poses they can/should do having a 3d object you can look at it from all sides and move into different positions would be super helpful.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why would square enix make a deal to have Could in smash just to cut him a couple of years later?
...Oops, we've changed our minds, give him back, chop chop.

Snake's situation is utterly different of the thirdies we've got in Sm4sh.
Well if there were to be atleast one newcomer cut from Smash 4 to Smash Switch,:4cloud:wouldn’t be as big of a loss as any of the others (:4bayonetta::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4ryu::4shulk::4villager:. The likes of :4corrinf::4lucina::4darkpit::4wiifit::4miif:can be debatable, but the first two are being pushed as some of the top FE characters, the last two are representers of the Wii , and then there’s Sakurai’s edgy son.) and his series isn’t likely to be as supportive of Nintendo as the others (especially Sonic and Bayo). I’m not saying Cloud will be cut, but he’s the most likely out of the bunch (and Square could switch characters to someone different if they still want some sort of representation, like Geno or Black/White Mage).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's a topic:

I can't decide on one, lol.
For me, though this isn't official Nintendo music, I'd have this song play for King K. Rool.

Just to show my K. Rool fan pride.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For me, though this isn't official Nintendo music, I'd have this song play for King K. Rool.

Just to show my K. Rool fan pride.
Every single DKC show song ever played needs to be in Smash

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know... how do people feel about Spring-Man these days?

We've been talking about leaks, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem so much that we haven't mentioned ARMS much

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

We've been talking about leaks, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem so much that we haven't mentioned ARMS much
I don't see him being in the base roster but I think he could definitely make it as DLC, with Arms being such a success and Arms characters being such natural fits, it seems like a waste to not include them

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The biggest issue with a lot of Smash fans (not saying you, just in general) is that they have this sort of myopic view of leaks, that it's either 100% real or 100% fake, and that's an issue because of situations like this where it was a leak that IS true...but came from too early of a time to represent the final product.
Having been around when it was hotly debated, Amen to that.

No matter how many times someone threw around the term "special pleading" or any number of other fallacy names, it didn't make us wrong.

There was one user I remember who was dead set against Gematsu leak no matter how much it got right and who loved fallacy names. Can't remember his username but I'm curious if he ever came around.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I really like ARMS, and I want Spring Man in Smash.
I have no experience with Arms but compared to the rest springman is lame as hell, I at least want a ribbon girl clone if he gets in. And Dr. Coyle would be awesome, she could have a project m mewtwo esque hover and everything

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I remember talking about how Spring-Man should join, and have the other slim Arms fighters be alts for him alongside the customs bring different arm types

If not that, then atleast one of the Arms fighters should be an assist trophy

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
GUYS GUESS WHAT

I'M GOING TO E3!

GUESS WHAT ELSE?

...I ONLY REGISTERED TODAY AND YOU HAD TO REGISTER BY YESTERDAY IN ORDER TO PLAY SMASH!

..... :yoshi:

Oh well, this is still so incredibly exciting for me, not like Smash is the only game I'm insanely hyped up for!

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I have no experience with Arms but compared to the rest springman is lame as hell, I at least want a ribbon girl clone if he gets in. And Dr. Coyle would be awesome, she could have a project m mewtwo esque hover and everything
Spring Man isn't lame; he has the ability to stretch his arms!

...I know that sounds basic in context, but we already don't have a character like that in Smash Bros. yet, so it'd be unique to Smash Bros. as it is.

And, for me personally...I'm a sucker for the basic guys. Little Mac is one of my favorite video game characters of all time because I like how he's an underdog that beats up these really tall boxers with special, sometimes supernatural abilities just by being a good dodger and puncher.

I'm a Spring Man main in ARMS.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Unlikely to happen unless he's a late addition like Sonic was in Brawl. So I hope that happens. But, I don't know. Maybe save Spring Man's unique fight style for his unique fighting game for now. The game hasn't had as much time to catch on as most IPs do by the time they are included. Even if it is popular.

But, of course, characters break the rules all the time, so I hope Spring Man some how gets squeezed into the roster, and Ribbon Girl as a clone with popper arms. But, it's extremely unlikely he was included in the base roster if the roster was decided in 2016. It's one thing to have Roy and Greninja because the universes they are from have existed for a long time.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
GUYS GUESS WHAT

I'M GOING TO E3!

GUESS WHAT ELSE?

...I ONLY REGISTERED TODAY AND YOU HAD TO REGISTER BY YESTERDAY IN ORDER TO PLAY SMASH!

Oh well, this is still so incredibly exciting for me, not like Smash is the only game I'm insanely hyped up for!
Yoshi Butt Pound gets my approval

:yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

?????????????

Smash Master
Unlikely to happen unless he's a late addition like Sonic was in Brawl. So I hope that happens. But, I don't know. Maybe save Spring Man's unique fight style for his unique fighting game for now. The game hasn't had as much time to catch on as most IPs do by the time they are included. Even if it is popular.

But, of course, characters break the rules all the time, so I hope Spring Man some how gets squeezed into the roster, and Ribbon Girl as a clone with popper arms. But, it's extremely unlikely he was including in the base roster if the roster was decided in 2016. It's one thing to have Roy and Greninja because the universes they are from have existed for a long time.
The one saving grace I think Spring Man might have is that he's from a fighting game.

I know that sounds weird, but...I can see there being a mindset and special appeal of adding a character from what is now Nintendo's big, new, all-original fighting game INTO Nintendo's already existing crossover fighting game. Even if it's a new universe, I could see that being presented to Sakurai and convincing the Smash team to include Spring Man.

...I know it's wishful thinking, but...I want it.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I have yet to play ARMS at all but I really like Spring man’s design and I think he would be a perfect fit for smash! In all honesty if he gets in I’ve already told myself I’d go buy ARMS finally :laugh:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
GUYS GUESS WHAT

I'M GOING TO E3!

GUESS WHAT ELSE?

Even without being able to play Smash, that's still exciting as hell! Good for you, mate~

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like ARMS, I like Springman.

Maybe use him as an assist trophy since he'd be a late choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom