• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
The graphics honestly just look like HD 3DS graphics, I kinda wish they mixed up the artstyle for the non-Pokemon characters and environment. I get that it's a remake but it just feels too "safe" tbh.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ooo, that's pretty cute... there are some things I'm wondering (Do you actually run out of regular combat after you beat all of the trainers as you don't seem to be able to fight Wild Pokemon? Will it let you transfer in post Gen 1 Pokemon from Pokemon Go?) (Edit: They said on the Pokemon twitter that it really is 1st gen only) and there are some disappointing things like the graphics (They aren't much better than on 3DS aside from being HD, are they?) but some of the ideas, like local co-op and customizing the lead Pokemon are pretty nice.

But anyway, the actual new main series Pokemon game is still on the way, so yeah, no real reason to complain in that case.
(It doesn't actually say if the 2019 Pokemon game is on 3DS or Switch, though...)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Daily reminder that this ****ing Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Leaks was Leaked a first April on /vp/ on 4chan of all places.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm not necessarily sold on all the new things this new Pokemon game has, but I like the idea of just doing something new and different with Pokemon, ESPECIALLY since it's Kanto again. The new things look very interesting as well.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Serious question: Can this be considered a "Core RPG" if its a remake with gimmicky controls, especially in regards to catching Pokemon? It seems that it is going to borrow an identical plot from Yellow, and you can even transfer your mons from PoGo. Can this be considered a Core RPG?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Suddenly, the chances of Eevee in smash brothers has skyrocketed.
No it didn't. The roster was decided in 2016. Maybe as DLC? Or Sakurai already knew about it and determined Eevee should be in around the time he decided the characters. No matter what though Eevee's chances did not "just" skyrocket.

Anyway, I really would have just loved a Pokemon XD sequel or a whole new region or Sinnoh remakes or literally anything but a Kanto remake attached to Go. They took all my least favorite aspects of Pokemon and said "lets stawt mixin' em all togetha!" I'll probably get it just because Eevee is adorable and it might be fun to fight Mewtwo again. (unless thats just another Go catch thing, oof)

edit: doesn't help I just deleted Go! off my phone a few weeks before the leak because it couldn't handle the game anymore and I'm a cheapskate.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm not necessarily sold on all the new things this new Pokemon game has, but I like the idea of just doing something new and different with Pokemon, ESPECIALLY since it's Kanto again. The new things look very interesting as well.
Oh wow, I watch your Youtube stuff :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
People jab at Decidueye supporters because they think they only want a grass type.
People jab at Lycanroc supporters because they think they're only following the anime.
People jab at Mimikyu supporters because they think they're only supporting it because it's popular in the games.

It's the holy trinity of jabs.
And this Meowth supporter is supporting Meowth because I'm a crazy cat man. :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind that Nintendo said they are not showing off games at E3 that are set to release beyond 2018. So we're not going to see Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, or Pokemon. At least not during the direct.

I think it's pretty safe to say there is not going to be a Gen 8 Pokemon in Super Smash Bros, but DLC is always a possibility.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Do you really think every pokemon is programmed into this title?
Yeah, the assets exist already.

Walk and run animations have already been made for every pokemon to at least Sun/Moon to my knowledge

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
And the Pokemon they emphasize to hype up the game is.....

....Mewtwo

Gee, I can't f***ing wait. *grumble grumble*
That was so underwhelming to me I can't even believe it. I've seen that fight three times now...
First time a mainline Pokemon game seems like a hard pass :(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unrelated, but I’m really hoping Smash Switch has a bass roster lineup of 64 characters, than goes up to 70 with dlc

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Walk and run animations have already been made for everyone Pokemon to at least Sun/Moon to my knowledge
There's a bit of back and fourth information.

But from what I can tell the core RPG was announced to calm the concerns of no actual core rpg.

It's not being described as a core rpg any where (yet) but the 2019 game is.

Also the leak that leaked said only the first 151.
Leak was 100% correct with everything else.
I doubt a core game would only have 151.
They didn't show a battle system either.

Okay they did show the battle system, appears only gen 1 moves? idk.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Walk and run animations have already been made for everyone Pokemon to at least Sun/Moon to my knowledge

Except Pokemon Go is only up to gen 3 (and is about to add Alola forms specifically). I seriously doubt they are gonna put in the other regions mons. If they were I feel like they would have shown some already just to say "hey, nongenwunners! We gotchu!" Aaaaand they didn't.

edit: also this is not a mainline game. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness was not a core game. Go was not a core game. Colosseum was not a core game. Battle Colosseum was not a core game. Why would anyone consider this a core game. It's another spin-off just like the rest. Inb4 I'm wrong and all the remakes are reset and will be exclusively working with Pokemon Go from here on out. Rest in peace Gen 4....

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually really like the looks of Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.

The Pokeball controller is ****ing cute and an incredible idea.

And this gives me a reason to give a crap about Pokemon Go again.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
The new Pikachu and Eevee games will only feature the original 151 Pokemon:

You can't transfer Gen 2 or 3 Pokemon to it.

Also, in my opinion (not like it matters much), these games look absolutely terrible. Like, I thought they were going to be bad, but Game Freak really outdid themselves. No more wild battles? Every wild battle now replaced with Pokemon Go minigames? Every Pokemon battle can just be a 2v1 now, so all challenge is removed from the original games? More Kanto **** sucking? Oh man. How the mighty fall.

Glad we'll be getting an actual core game in 2019 though. But they'll probably screw that one up as well.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that Nintendo said they are not showing off games at E3 that are set to release beyond 2018. So we're not going to see Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, or Pokemon. At least not during the direct.

I think it's pretty safe to say there is not going to be a Gen 8 Pokemon in Super Smash Bros, but DLC is always a possibility.
Wouldn't that mean the way-mart Canada leak is fake then?

It show games shown at E3 and Metroid prime 4 was one of those games.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon...looks a lot dang better than I thought it would.

Huh. I mean, I'm still not thrilled it's more Gen 1 stuff (Seriously, they REALLY need to move on IMO) but what matters most is the gameplay, and...it looks like it plays like a core Pokemon. Which is what I wanted.

I'm looking forward to these. Gonna get Eevee, as Eevee is best Pokemon. :)

I do kind of hope the games next year look a little better. I'm not a graphics snob, but these games look...good, but not great. IDK, it just looks really flat and dull to me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so question.

I KNOW some of the rumors we've had going around hinted at this and was apparently correct.

Which ones were that?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Unrelated, but I’m really hoping Smash Switch has a bass roster lineup of 64 characters, than goes up to 70 with dlc
I've noticed that every Smash game has "even" rosters. 12 for the first one, 25 (not including Shiek) in Melee, 36 (when excluding transformations and including the Random icon) for Brawl and 50 base (includes Miis as one and the Random icon) for Sm4sh

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I suppose now that the Pokemon announcements are over, I can make accurate predictions for the roster:

I think we'll get at least one newcomer for the base roster (Gen VII or Eevee), and then come post-release we'll get a Gen VIII Pokemon when that drops.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've noticed that every Smash game has "even" rosters. 12 for the first one, 25 (not including Shiek) in Melee, 36 (when excluding transformations and including the Random icon) for Brawl and 50 base (includes Miis as one and the Random icon) for Sm4sh
When you have to make so many inclusions and exclusions that aren't consistent, it's not really a pattern.

Also isn't 25 an odd number haha?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can ya'll not just have fun with something different for once? You only have to wait a year for a normal Pokemon experience on the Switch anyways.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So what dead hard confirms that other pokemon can't travel with you?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, so question.

I KNOW some of the rumors we've had going around hinted at this and was apparently correct.

Which ones were that?
A 4chan leak that was made the ****ing 1st April is the original sources.
It leaked kinda everything we saw in the trailer, the go connection etc...

Troykv

Smash Master
The graphics honestly just look like HD 3DS graphics, I kinda wish they mixed up the artstyle for the non-Pokemon characters and environment. I get that it's a remake but it just feels too "safe" tbh.
Well, this is Pokémon nowadays, always playing safe with the big projects.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I knew the next core Pokémon games wouldn't come out until 2019, but no one would listen.

I'm down for these Let's Go games, because it is something different and they are realeasing a proper Pokémon sequel next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom