• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No, you're Pac-Man... And what an unrelated response if I do say so my self.
What does chopped liver even have to do with my post? Lol

If you prefer Elma due to higher possibility, I actually agree.
I prefer Elma because I like her more than Rex and/or Pyra.

My point is that, frankly, you can't make such broad statements about what character is preferred. Some people will prefer Elma and some will prefer Rex and some will prefer Pyra. It's a matter of personal taste, even if you have played both games.

I remember when RelaxAlax just nothing more than just another member of smashboards who made his first YouTube video....*old man ramblings*
Same. I knew him from here before anything else. I think I was subscribed to him before he got his first thousand.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hype?
EDIT: ITS HAPPENING
Bruh.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Everyone is speculating if the leaks are real and I am just hoping they aren't due to the lack of a certain Bandana wearing spear wielder.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've talked to Alax numerous times on his Patreon Discord for nearly a year now (he even made me a mod on his Twitch if that means anything), and I trust him. The dude likes to keep it real, and he really cares about his fans, the dude is a sweetheart, and I don't see any reason as to why he would lie about this, especially to his fans.

He hasn't said anything regarding his information on Discord in case anyone asks.

Edit: I'm a big fan of Alax, so this is probably just my bias showing. There is a very good chance this is just him messing with the Smash community.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Next few days are gonna be good, hopefully. So this news is dropping on the 31st in NA or the 31st in Japan?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There was a problem fetching the tweet

RelaxAlax has apparently received info on who the new characters are as well. Looks like it's starting to go around to reputable sources. I can already guess other people who probably know now as well.
Just gonna bring this up from back in March, just because I'm a hopeless dreamer that will clutch at any straws I can get:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Looks like tomorrow's Pokemon thing is big boy news, not just Gen II prototypes:

The hype cycle begins.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Looks like tomorrow's Pokemon thing is big boy news, not just Gen II prototypes:

The hype cycle begins.
"A new history"

Does this point at the idea that Let's go Pikachu/Eevee are gen 1 remakes, is this just a weird translation, or is this going to be gen 8? Can't wait to find out.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

The hype cycle begins.
I am 100% ready for this to end up like the Cranky Kong reveal for Tropical Freeze.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Jesus, at the rate they’re hyping this I can only assume they’ve finally genetically engineered a real Pokemon :laugh:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Everyone's rambling about the new Pokemon potentially being revealed tomorrow or these claims that the roster may please everybody, and I'm just here thinking about how I'm gonna play this song should Ridley be playable (or at least when I play as the biggest fighter in the game regardless).

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Seems like Emily Rogers is straight on again. She hinted that the roster for Smash Switch is very good.

''Smash Bros Switch is most definitely not a straight port. Calling it a straight port implies that only the Wii U content is coming to Smash Bros Switch. Don't forget that a 3DS version existed too.

Smash Bros Switch will also have brand new content.

and:

Unfortunately, I don't have enough information to speculate whether Smash Bros will be branded/marketed as a "deluxe definitive edition port", a "half-sequel" or a "full sequel".

I can only confirm two things:

1. A Smash Bros title will be announced and released for Switch later this year.
  2. They added brand new content and re-worked some of the existing Wii U/3DS content.''
Having no cuts don't seem so far off.

Zeox

Smash Champion
*See the Emily Roger Leak about the Ultimate Roster*

*See the Ice climber/ Simon Leak*

*See this tweet saying that even he could have guessed the wildest Character and fan favourite will begins*

*Look at how we joked about the imgur "leak" basically being everyone's wishlist and "not disappointing enought*

*Sweatings intensifies*

NONONO SSSHHH DON'T SAY THAT! Don't make me even for a second believe that imgur leak! I am not prepared for the dissapointment when is not real, so don't talk about it!

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Given how the roster info has apparently start to be spread around, do you guys think the Smashboards admins kno....
nah.

Maybe?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Don't worry. If anyone publicly talk and leak the Smash roster, Nintendo will send their Ninja and we will never hear about that person ever again...

They'll make us Understand.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
So it has content from previous games (which all Smash games have had), it releases on the Switch and "the roster is good". That's not a leak, that's commonsense. It's the kind of safe guess Rogers put on for the Switch reveal, like "Xenoblade X and Splatoon ports (not sequels), new Mario Kart (not a port)" that ended up being false.

Khao

Smash Lord
It's pretty telling that there's so many known leakers claim that they know the roster but I mean...

I've gone through three separate pre-Smash hypetrains and they all contained their fair share of Ridley leaks. At this point I'm basically completely numb to them. Even if they're real I'm too used to Ridley leaks to believe them.

I'm sure I'll be calling fake even once I have the game in my hands and I see Ridley in the character selection screen.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
So any leaks with any credibility since the vergeben stuff? Haven't been to keep up with this thread lol

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
At this point I'm so used to Ridley, Toad and Dixie/K. Rool not getting on the roster I won't believe they're in the game until six months into playing as them.

And even then I'll be cynical.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
May 31st in Japan isn't tomorrow, it's the day after. They're in the same timezone as me in Australia. It's currently 29th of May, 7.26pm.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
So any leaks with any credibility since the vergeben stuff? Haven't been to keep up with this thread lol
There was an imgur leak about the full roster of newcomers, no one has debunked it yet, but there's no proof or evidence that it's real yet either.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

RelaxAlax has apparently received info on who the new characters are as well. Looks like it's starting to go around to reputable sources. I can already guess other people who probably know now as well.
Well ****, this is looking really promising now. Can't wait.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think the most interesting comment from RelaxAlex is "To think even I couldn't predict some of the wilder characters."

This implies that we're going to get several wild cards, presuming what he says is true. Considering the circumstances regarding to development, I could easily see the team being more experimental with new ideas to compensate for the weak "name power". But then the question becomes what exactly constitutes as a "wild card" in this scenario, considering the subjective nature.

For me something that is a wild card would be along the lines of 2B or Kazama Kiryu, but for the next person is might be more tame options like Pauline or Lyn.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I think the most interesting comment from RelaxAlex is "To think even I couldn't predict some of the wilder characters."

This implies that we're going to get several wild cards, presuming what he says is true. Considering the circumstances regarding to development, I could easily see the team being more experimental with new ideas to compensate for the weak "name power". But then the question becomes what exactly constitutes as a "wild card" in this scenario, considering the subjective nature.

For me something that is a wild card would be along the lines of 2B or Kazama Kiryu, but for the next person is might be more tame options like Pauline or Lyn.
He also says there will be "longtime fan favourites debuting"
Pretty much there will be characters that people want but couldn't predict because they thought it wouldn't be possible.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He also says there will be "longtime fan favourites debuting"
Pretty much there will be characters that people want but couldn't predict because they thought it wouldn't be possible.
Which is the likes of Ridley, Geno, Waluigi, Sora, etc.

People like that that people tell other people ''Pony up you're never getting them."

osby

Smash Obsessed
That was put out there by various people in March before the Smash reveal hit. 2 characters were supposed to be revealed, according to leakers, Inklings and Ridley.
I'm fine with Ridley as a boss/stage hazard but... I used be fine with Little Mac as an Assist Trophy but I still love him as a playable character. So maybe Ridley will be fun as well, figuratively speaking.

Though Little Mac is hotter

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So uh... Worth nothing but apparently, the 26 may, some Anon on 4chan who claim to have seen the game did a dumb AMA and is claiming the same things as the Imgur leak AND the Emily Roger/Ice climber leaks before any of us made that link

That is, the same newcomers as the IMGUR leaks, and that barely/no cuts would happens.

Probably someone who piggybacked the first reddit leaks, though worth to say that it looks like it was posted on 4chan before being posted on Reddit?

Probably fakes. But it's weird to see this one getting traction
Good leaks are always fakes god Dammit.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just gonna bring this up from back in March, just because I'm a hopeless dreamer that will clutch at any straws I can get:

Well, that's that. Just gonna pencil down Ridley as 100% confirmed. Have your torches and pitchforks on standby just in case RelaxAlax is wrong.

But seriously, his choice of words is interesting. He hasn't shown restraint with his support of Ridley, so if he's saying "longtime fan favorites", Ridley is someone who definitely fits that criteria. It could still be a number of different characters besides Ridley, but it's something that can make you hopeful regardless.

I think the Champions and Pauline are good examples, especially the latter. Both are good promotional characters that would "make sense", but at the same are usually swept under the rug for the more obvious choices.

This might sound ridiculous, but maybe we should intentionally change our prediction rosters to be as different as possible from RelaxAlax's roster. I mean, he technically did admit that most of it was wrong. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom