• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm so not buying any of these

Who is this relax Alex?

I mean they can all just be saying this stuff without actual proof

The imugar leak

You mean the secret images leak with hints on who gets in? (The furby = Ridley leak and the others)

If it's not that what's the link

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
This argument doesn't work. Mega Man's last game was merely two years before the roster for Smash 4 was finalised. Or was Punch Out a dead franchise before Smash 4?
Are you talking about the mobile game called Megaman Xover?
And Punch Out game was revived as a Wii game.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Who is this relax Alex?
:denzel:....
Really?

Ahem. He's a pretty nice and kind Smash YouTuber, dude have no reason to lose his reputation like that. He's behind the famous "Know your move" series. And yeah...he wouldn't ruin his reputation like that. If he says he can confirm at least 5 Newcomers I think we can believe him

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Say, guys, when E3 comes around, and if the characters revealed are not anyone from the leaks, like Ridley and Simon Belmont, how would you react to those leaks being proven false? Being upset that your wanted characters did not get announced, or possibly the more likely scenario of not being surprised?
What whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep moving forward, and enjoy the good things that come into my life. Even if other players characters make it in but mine doesn't.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
*heavy breathing* oh man guys i'm having a damn hype attack :laugh:
haven't felt this giddy since the teaser trailer....

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am on vacation and people are teasing me with leaks.

Does anyone have a link to that imgur leak? Connery wishes to be hype under the sun and disappointed at home on June 12th.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:denzel:....
Really?

Ahem. He's a pretty nice and kind Smash YouTuber, dude have no reason to lose his reputation like that. He's behind the famous "Know your move" series. And yeah...he wouldn't ruin his reputation like that. If he says he can confirm at least 5 Newcomers I think we can believe him
Then that makes the leak more rediculious then if he claims he got info on the game he said just saying that for views

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
This is the hype boost I needed! I've been saying to my friends that I feel like they're gonna go ALL out with this game so fingers crossed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Then that makes the leak more rediculious then if he claims he got info on the game he said just saying that for views
>He claim to have info
>He's not sharing them
>He's vague saying he can confirm 5 Newcomers
>This will somehow give him view when he's not doing a video on this matter.

:denzel:

Zeox

Smash Champion
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
i see ridley, geno, simon belmont , a WAVE dasher character <,< , i cant figure out the boxes or the woman with the gum.
boxes is snake, gum is dixie kong.
This is the full list:
  1. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
  2. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  3. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  4. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
  5. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  7. Wolf (Star Fox)
  8. Ridley (Metroid)
  9. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  10. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
  11. Porky Minch (Mother / Earthbound)
  12. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
  13. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  14. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  15. Geno & Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
  16. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So onto a slightly more serious topic, if RelaxAlax is correct and we end up with five newcomers at E3, which characters would you expect?

Inklings would be the first, so that's a freebie. If the rumors are correct, Ridley would definitely be an E3 reveal due to his massive support. I'm not sure about Pokemon, Mario, or Zelda reps being shown off, but I definitely think they're a top contender. Last would probably be a third-party reveal.

So my prediction looks something like this.

Inklings
Ridley
Lycanroc and/or Captain Toad and/or Mipha
Simon Belmont

Zeox

Smash Champion
So onto a slightly more serious topic, if RelaxAlax is correct and we end up with five newcomers at E3, which characters would you expect?

Inklings would be the first, so that's a freebie. If the rumors are correct, Ridley would definitely be an E3 reveal due to his massive support. I'm not sure about Pokemon, Mario, or Zelda reps being shown off, but I definitely think they're a top contender. Last would probably be a third-party reveal.

Inklings
Ridley
Simon Belmont
I would say:
Inklings, Ridley, Simon, Mimikyu and Dixie Kong.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
https://imgur.com/a/H8bcips
As you can see, is not much, just a bunch of pics, each one represents a character
Okay so. I guess I'll try to explain this leak more clearly.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/417573090/#q417579164
It all first happened on 4chan the 26th may A user claimed to have seen the game and did a little AMA.
People asked different question-
While fake 4chan leaks are a daily things here. This one in peculiar doesn't play safe compared to the dozen of Bandana Dee/Rex/Decidueye leak. So the "leaker" answered some questions and we could get this out of it.
>No/barely any cuts...which seems to be coherent with Emily Roger/Simon leaks.
>No FE Newcomers or Zelda Newcomers.
>K.rool/Ridley/Sora/Geno/Snake/Some sort of Pikachu (Mimikyu)/wolf/Takamaru are in
>The artstyle is akin of Wii U, slightly darker colors and more details.
>Ice Climber/Simon which is like that previous Leak.
>Waluigi is still an AT. New Protoman AT.

Later that day, on Reddit a user posted a bunch of picture in an imgur link hinting at some newcomers.
The thread soon got deleted (by him or administrator?) He then posted the answers on a Google docs to all of them
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-s2Ckpz0P45gBt7epFoShzXOUaFZhx2ZiteY6XaCNMk/edit
We don't know if the two "sources" are the same guy or not, or someone piggybacking the first source.

And that's basically the leaks... And two day later we have people coming out saying they have infos.
There a high chance it's fake, after all, it's a 4chan leaks... But that one got attention from Sourcegaming in their video- which is why it got popular

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Inklings
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Inklings
Ridley
K Rool or Dixie
A pokemon or a Zelda character
Simon

Zeox

Smash Champion
Being honest, the smash 4 newcomers were, for me, the least interesting.
the only ones I got a little hype was megaman and the koopalings, the rest were ok, either I didn't knew them or I didn't care.
opinions are opinions and I know a lot of you loved the newcomers from that game, but they really weren't for me.
The reason why I hope this super fake leak is real is because it's been a long time since I got really hyped for a smash... or a game in general.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I unironically expect all third party being announced there.
Third Party (Simon)
Second Third Party
Ridley
K.Rool
Xenoblade rep

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I really like the hero vs. villians/rivals leak idea, despite it being unlikely. I don't know of this has been done before, but for fun I've listed all the potential villians from Smash Wii U + the leak.

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Ridley
Medusa
Dark Pit
Kingdedede (I know that's debatable but I think they'd market him that way. More likely than Metaknight imo)
Wolf
Mimikyu
Mewtwo
Porky
Samurai Goroh

That's only 14... And while half of them would be added for this game, it still doesn't feel like enough to warrant the game's subtitle, which is why I find it unlikely. Cool idea though.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I really like the hero vs. villians/rivals leak idea, despite it being unlikely. I don't know of this has been done before, but for fun I've listed all the potential villians from Smash Wii U + the leak.

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Ridley
Medusa
Dark Pit
Kingdedede (I know that's debatable but I think they'd market him that way. More likely than Metaknight imo)
Wolf
Mimikyu
Mewtwo
Porky
Samurai Goroh

That's only 14... And while half of them would be added for this game, it still doesn't feel like enough to warrant the game's subtitle, which is why I find it unlikely. Cool idea though.
mimikyu isn't exactly a villain tho

domriver

Smash Lord

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Ridley
Medusa
Dark Pit
Wolf
Mimikyu
Mewtwo
Porky
Samurai Goroh

more bad guys:
game n watch
Villager
Lucina
R.O.B
Charizard
Metaknight.
Little Mac
Hmm this hero v. villians just maybe. jejej

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

It all first happened on 4chan the 26th may A user claimed to have seen the game and did a little AMA.
While fake 4chan leaks are a daily things here. This one in peculiar doesn't play safe compared to the dozen of Bandana Dee/Rex/Decidueye leak. So the "leaker" answered some questions and we could get this out of it.
>K.rool/Ridley/Sora/Geno/Snake/Some sort of Pikachu (Mimikyu)/wolf/Takamaru are in

Later that day, on Reddit a user posted a bunch of picture in an imgur link hinting at some newcomers.
The thread soon got deleted (by him or administrator?) He then posted the answers on a Google docs to all of them
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-s2Ckpz0P45gBt7epFoShzXOUaFZhx2ZiteY6XaCNMk/edit
We don't know if the two "sources" are the same guy or not, or someone piggybacking the first source.

And that's basically the leaks... And two day later we have people coming out saying they have infos.
There a high chance it's fake, after all, it's a 4chan leaks... But that one got attention from Sourcegaming in their video- which is why it got popular
So we have a 4chan leak that is piggybacking off the imgur leak, which was piggybacking off Dasvergeben's leak?

We need E3, stat.

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I unironically expect all third party being announced there.
Third Party (Simon)
Second Third Party
Ridley
K.Rool
Xenoblade rep
I don't think they'd want to blow their load completely right now. A Simon announcement alone will send shockwaves in the gaming community. I'm thinking:
  • Popular third party (I think if Sora's in, he'll likely be announced at E3, considering KH3's presence at the event)
  • Fan requested to show off at the end of the invitational (either K. Rool, Ridley or Waluigi works)
  • Unexpected character (rhythm heaven or retro character)

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman

You'd have to consider how frequently we get these fake Smash "leaks". All it takes is for one bored person with a lot of time in their hands. Most Universities are done with their semesters for this year, so we have a lot of bored millenials waiting for E3 with nothing better to do.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think they'd want to blow their load completely right now. A Simon announcement alone will send shockwaves in the gaming community. I'm thinking:
  • Popular third party (I think if Sora's in, he'll likely be announced at E3, considering KH3's presence at the event)
  • Fan requested to show off at the end of the invitational (either K. Rool, Ridley or Waluigi works)
  • Unexpected character (rhythm heaven or retro character)
If there's any big characters, E3 is where almost all of them would be revealed. I doubt they're gonna wait until a random day in September to say, "Oh, by the way, Crash and K. Rool are on the roster."

If they save any characters for later, it's likely gonna be less exciting reveals, like new FE characters or a retro rep.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If there's any big characters, E3 is where almost all of them would be revealed. I doubt they're gonna wait until a random day in September to say, "Oh, by the way, Crash and K. Rool are on the roster."
I mean, they could always save a hype character as unlockable. I mean, Mewtwo was unlockable in Melee.

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
You'd have to consider how frequently we get these fake Smash "leaks". All it takes is for one bored person with a lot of time in their hands. Most Universities are done with their semesters for this year, so we have a lot of bored millenials waiting for E3 with nothing better to do.
NEW LEAK!!!!!!!!
My man inside nintendo, leaky steve confirmed the following for smash

moveset as described by esam in his drunk ama

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Inklings
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Reminder he didn't say 5 will be revealed at E3

He said atleast 5 characters are newcomers there's nothing on it that it's how many are being revealed at E3

But anyway playing the game

Inklings (gameplay)
Ridley (if legit leak and sakurai pulled a villager scenario)
Simon
King k rool or Dixie
Pokémon (lycanroc or decidueye) or Mario rep

And for a bonus bet I willing to wager they show the ice climbers are back as well

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That list of newcomers seems to be a lot of wishful thinking. Kept out some characters in demand to stay more grounded. Bandana Dee, Decidueye*, Spring Man, and Rex are omissions that will get people's attention.

*Although i still think he won't be the Pokemon we get after some thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom