• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
So uh... Worth nothing but apparently, the 26 may, some Anon on 4chan who claim to have seen the game did a dumb AMA and is claiming the same things as the Imgur leak AND the Emily Roger/Ice climber leaks before any of us made that link

That is, the same newcomers as the IMGUR leaks, and that barely/no cuts would happens.

Probably someone who piggybacked the first reddit leaks, though worth to say that it looks like it was posted on 4chan before being posted on Reddit?

Probably fakes. But it's weird to see this one getting traction
Good leaks are always fakes god Dammit.
Wait what, where did you saw that? can you show me the 4chan anon message?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm fine with Ridley as a boss/stage hazard but... I used be fine with Little Mac as an Assist Trophy but I still love him as a playable character. So maybe Ridley will be fun as well, figuratively speaking.

Though Little Mac is hotter
*Implies a short human male is more attractive than a practically immortal purple space pterodactyl with claws and sharp teeth. Who is also an intelligent, confident general with a full time career.*
Normie.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
*Implies a short human male is more attractive than a practically immortal purple space pterodactyl with claws and sharp teeth. Who is also an intelligent, confident general with a full time career.*
Normie.
Ridley is taller, I'll give him that.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Have fun going through this.
He goes saying no FE newcomers or that the artstyle is similar to Wii U with darker colors and more details

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/417573090/#417582313
No please, no darker colours, Smash 4 was beyond beautiful.

Also, regarding what you said before about this anon essentially saying the same list as that img, I still think it's fake, BUT:

Some of us, including myself, say it's fake because of several long shots, like Sora, Porky or Snake returning; or because of obvious long time wishes like Ridley, K.Rool or Chorus Kids.

But there is something that picks my attention.. if this was a full fake wish-list, wouldn't it have people like Rayman, Waluigi, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee or Crash? Which are also characters everyone wants and were featured in past rumours/leaks.

This thought may be completely meaningless, but I just wanted to point it out.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Also, regarding what you said before about this anon essentially saying the same list as that img, I still think it's fake, BUT:

Some of us, including myself, say it's fake because of several long shots, like Sora, Porky or Snake returning; or because of obvious long time wishes like Ridley, K.Rool or Chorus Kids.

But there is something that picks my attention.. if this was a full fake wish-list, wouldn't it have people like Rayman, Waluigi, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee or Crash? Which are also characters everyone wants and were featured in past rumours/leaks.

True, that's something I realized.
There a lot of Wishful Characters. But none of them are the "obvious shoe-in" people usually see when they makes fakes leak
Also it's one of the only leaks saying that Elma from Xenoblade X is the new Characters. When most of the traditional fakes leaks usually use Rex/Pyra.
This could also link to the Robot Figure Picture Sakurai tweeted in december, even though people argued he could have needed it for Splatoon weapons.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
True, that's something I realized.
There a lot of Wishful Characters. But none of them are the "obvious shoe-in" people usually see when they makes fakes leak
Also it's one of the only leaks saying that Elma from Xenoblade X is the new Characters. When most of the traditional fakes leaks usually use Rex/Pyra.
This could also link to the Robot Figure Picture Sakurai tweeted in december, even though people argued he could have needed it for Splatoon weapons.
Exactly, I even forgot about Rex and Pyra, or someone from Arms, or a FE newcomer. Characters you guys have been discussing about nonstop, characters a lot of us thought as obvious shoe-ins, yet they are not there. Maybe as dlc though.
Also, Mimikyu instead of Decidueye. Mimikyu was honestly the second possible option after the owl, but still almost everyone voted for Decidueye, yet this guy has the fake pikachu.

The leak could still be fake, or at least partially fake, but I think it's worth noting these things. Maybe it's just some random guy that's been around enough to think of a different list, considering time, chances and stuff.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The leak could still be fake, or at least partially fake, but I think it's worth noting these things. Maybe it's just some random guy that's been around enough to think of a different list, considering time, chances and stuff.
The fact that this leaks is balsy enought to say that Snake comes back AND we get Simon Belmont after the Konami ****storm.
And that SORA from KH is in when people use their face-down trap card "He's Disney" when he get Mentioned.
Without Banking on a Kirby Newcomers like everyone is doing or Rex/Pyra, ARMS...

Just this allow me to get respect for this fake leaks.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
People don't write fake leaks because they hope that their fake leak magically becomes true. Trolls who go to these lengths are also usually pretty self aware. It's possible for people to write a fanservice-y leak and cut it back to make it more believeable. Trusting a leak because 'it doesn't list absolutely everything people would actually want' is basically just trusting anyone who has a shred of knowledge of how to troll people.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yuuppppppppp

Here we go

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
What's the point of saying "wohoo i know Smash info" and not saying what kind of info it is?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Inb4 the 4chan/imgur leaks is from one of those Youtubers Who don't want to get Ninja'd by Nintendo.

On another note...
This is getting harder knowing that someone have infos AAAAARGHh

What's the point of saying "wohoo i know Smash info" and not saying what kind of info it is?
Why men do pissing contest to see who piss further?
There, you got your answers.
Also because if they Somehow get caught, they get blacklisted from the "industry insiders"

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The fact that this leaks is balsy enought to say that Snake comes back AND we get Simon Belmont after the Konami ****storm.
And that SORA from KH is in when people use their face-down trap card "He's Disney" when he get Mentioned.
Without Banking on a Kirby Newcomers like everyone is doing or Rex/Pyra, ARMS...

Just this allow me to get respect for this fake leaks.
Personally though I don't see Snake a stretch if we are to believe Simon Belmont is in. That means Sakurai is working with Konami again, and Kojima has stated that he wanted Snake in Smash 4, so it would really all be up to Sakurai because I doubt Konami would hold back. I really think it's more unbelievable to get Simon without the return of Snake, but I could be wrong of course.

EDIT: Also did the leaker confirm it was Geno & Mallow? That's the most unbelievable part for me. Don't see why Sakurai would do that.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hey guys, I got some Smash 5 info early! Let me just say, it is insane info. You guys will know it for sure come E3, but it's hard to not just dump all of this info right now. I'll just give you a small taste - there are returning veterans. And stages.

There we go, it's that easy. Time to believe everyone else online who says anything similar.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also, Something to keep in mind for this iteration of Smash.

The game announcement is extremely near the game's release. We're in a weird spot for the speculation, it looks like Nintendo are back to their N-64/GameCube days announcing games near their release.

Which mean that the roster being fully leaked is and could be technically possible, since we don't have to wait years for infos.

After all, the game got/is probably being rated for ERSB/Pegi. And there probably a translation team/Marketing team already at the ready-

I'm not saying itsi likely, but it could be how some "influencers" got some news.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

What about the Geno/mallow team? usually leaks add geno because smash ballot... but a team of geno and mallow? how that even works? sounds weird...
But most important, the fact that is a thematic of heroes vs villains would explain the abstence of a title yet, for it will spoil it, and that thematic would be extremely cool, just imagine the game cover with the heroes at one side and the villains at the other, and a story mode where at the start both teams are fighting but **** happens at the end and they have to fight together against this super evil entity.
Sounds so good that is gonna hurt me when is confirmed fake... like the smash tower.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I prefer Elma because I like her more than Rex and/or Pyra.

My point is that, frankly, you can't make such broad statements about what character is preferred. Some people will prefer Elma and some will prefer Rex and some will prefer Pyra. It's a matter of personal taste, even if you have played both games.
I'm curious to know why... I already admit Elma has way more possibility... however, with the case of Robin, I think Cross (Your own avatar in XCX btw) may have chance as if not more, then equal as Elma.

So it's no surprise that I prefer Rex and Pyra because they are more vivid and well portrayed in their own game.

But don't get me wrong, Elma is an awesome character, but due to the story being linear in XCX, we never get to see her true potential... and nuff said about XCX's character facial designs...

And I even though I know XC2 and XCX story couldn't be compared, but I still have to say XC2 casts are all better than XCX casts in my opinion. If you really have played both games, I think it is more wise for them to put both Elma/Cross and Rex in Smash, with Elma/Cross being already in he game, and Rex being the day one patch included.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
What about the Geno/mallow team? usually leaks add geno because smash ballot... but a team of geno and mallow? how that even works? sounds weird...
But most important, the fact that is a thematic of heroes vs villains would explain the abstence of a title yet, for it will spoil it, and that thematic would be extremely cool, just imagine the game cover with the heroes at one side and the villains at the other, and a story mode where at the start both teams are fighting but **** happens at the end and they have to fight together against this super evil entity.
Sounds so good that is gonna hurt me when is confirmed fake... like the smash tower.
We have way too little villains for it to work, even if we get a lot of villains. Also don't forget about all the "east vs west" rumors from the last game. And what you described... isn't it Subspace Emissary?

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

They liked a reply saying "Ridley", which likely means nothing, but just interesting to speculate.

I'm surprised Nintendo gave out Smash info like this, to possibly the worst group at keeping secrets they could have... lol.

Edit: They're liking every response on further inspection

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also, Something to keep in mind for this iteration of Smash.

The game announcement is extremely near the game's release. We're in a weird spot for the speculation, it looks like Nintendo are back to their N-64/GameCube days announcing games near their release.

Which mean that the roster being fully leaked is and could be technically possible, since we don't have to wait years for infos.

After all, the game got/is probably being rated for ERSB/Pegi. And there probably a translation team/Marketing team already at the ready-

I'm not saying itsi likely, but it could be how some "influencers" got some news.
Didn't the gematsu leak have the majority of characters right like months before E3 2014? Like it was after Rosalina's reveal but before Greninja (Rosalina was missing from the list because she was revealed and I remember the XY Pokemon). That would have made it around Early 2014 and thus way further from the games release than we are now.

Basically, while predicting the whole roster this early is a little fishy, and I'm more likely to believe someone knowing the E3 reveals, the past shows it's not impossible.

I'm surprised Nintendo gave out Smash info like this, to possibly the worst group at keeping secrets they could have... lol.
Do we have confirmation that they are getting this info from Nintendo??? If we do I missed that. That is surprising.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord

They liked a reply saying "Ridley", which likely means nothing, but just interesting to speculate.

Watch it all be wrong.

Kirby clones for days

Zeox

Smash Champion
We have way too little villains for it to work, even if we get a lot of villains. Also don't forget about all the "east vs west" rumors from the last game. And what you described... isn't it Subspace Emissary?
in subspace emissary the 2 villains were working at master hand orders, then they realized that master hand was a puppet, then they got angry at being used and decided to go against taboo. what I was saying is, villains do their own ****, then a new dude force comes and try to destroy them.
I dunno, I don't work for nintendo, they don't pay me to write them a story (and thank god because it would be awful)
And of course right now there is not enough villains, that's why a new game with +6 villains or so would be cool, then we put the other 3 we already have, add dedede because why not and dark pit because edgy and there we go.
There are still more heroes but villains usually have lots of minions on their side.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman

I seriously doubt Nintendo is this the one that gave this out. We're less than two weeks away from E3. Lips are starting to loseen, like always.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

He can't fit it in his pocket...
You put key in your pocket...
Huge key...
Sora Confirmed!!!1!!1!!1!1!

I know hes probably talking about Ridley- Just that the pocket thing made me think of that... Or everyone's pocket cloud in tourney

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With how certain insiders sound, and now various Youtubers aswell, I can't help but feel that there's either an image or video out there that's so far been kept in the insiders' inner circles. If that's the case I really hope they keep it under wraps, I'm okay with text leaks, hints and such, but having not just the newcomers' designs be spoiled, but the game's general artstyle aswell, would make E3 incredibly anticlimactic compared to what it should be.

osby

Smash Obsessed
in subspace emissary the 2 villains were working at master hand orders, then they realized that master hand was a puppet, then they got angry at being used and decided to go against taboo. what I was saying is, villains do their own ****, then a new dude force comes and try to destroy them.
I dunno, I don't work for nintendo, they don't pay me to write them a story (and thank god because it would be awful)
And of course right now there is not enough villains, that's why a new game whe with +6 villains or so would be cool, then we put the other 3 we already have, add dedede because why not and dark pit because edgy and there we go.
There are still more heroes but villains usually have lots of minions on their side.
I'm just saying "good guys vs bad guys" is pretty much half of the cross-overs' plot and it doesn't make sense to create a project plan based on this.

It's a good take on a story mode but it can't be so important to give the game it's name (and none had one before) and newcomers (consider most people prefer heroes, individually, even if Smash has very little).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Smash fan: "Hey, is Ridley in Smash?"

Person with info: "Maaaaaybe." *giggles uncontrollably

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i dont think is too unsafe sending info to youtubers with big massive channels, as long as they have 2 and a half ounzes of common sense, since youtube channels are probably one of the easier targets of nintendo ninjas, and noone wants to loose a huge channel.

Plus they certainly are hyping stuff, and is like a win win situation for everyone.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Something I just wanted to briefly mention because I've been thinking about it.

First of all, yes I'm about to talk about Rex and Pyra. I haven't said it before, but I will say it now: I think Elma and a Rex & Pyra team would be great for Smash. Do I want Rex in over Elma? Yes. I'm also quite comfortable saying I think Rex & Pyra will make it as DLC if not on the base roster.

Just wanted to make sure I said that.

ANYWAY, I was thinking about Xenoblade 2 content aside from a playable character. Music, stages, etc...

I think a great stage for XC2 would be Argentum Trade Guild. It's a central location to the game and would provide for some potentially fun hazards.

Here's a pic of the inside and outside:
View attachment 146079 View attachment 146080

Basically, in XC2, there are side quests, shops, and all sorts of fun stuff in this location of the game. The stage could be either set up inside or outside (or both quite frankly). A hazard could be unsecured sliding crates that could strike players as they are fighting. Or you could always have enemies jump up from the Cloud Sea to attack players.

Music...my favorite part of XC2 discussion. I absolutely LOVE the music from this game and if you haven't played it, I think you will too.

Here are a few tracks that are, to me, among the best. I think these would be great for Smash!

Let me know what you guys and girls think. I think there's a lot of potential for cool stuff coming from Xenoblade 2.

My personal favorite track is Monster Surprised You. It's just a great Boss Fight track, and I think it would be freaking hype for Smash!
Hopefully all the songs changes to the night soundtrack when the stage turns to night (you know it will).
What?! You didn't add in the merry, market melody of mirth that is Torigoth?!
Or the dynamic, daring, do or die drums of Mor Ardain Wastelands
Or the soft, serene, soul soothing, spirit solacing soundtrack of Fonsett Village ?! (day and night)
I feel like you just committed a serious crime XD. But you did put in Gormott (day) another favorite of mine, so I'll be nice and half your sentence to 500 years XD. Needless to say I love the music in XB2 and having it in smash would be a treat.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Unless these new leaks predict something extraordinary like Wii Fit Trainer being in, I won't believe them in the slightest. :4wiifit:

Don't need no fake news to keep me hyped for this game either.

Stay woke. :denzel:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
It's a bad idea believing in people who supposedly know about the Smash Bros for Switch.
You need to wait until E3 2018.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Watch as we get the Savvy Stylist in Smash Switch!:troll:

MegaMan was dead before he joined Smash
This argument doesn't work. Mega Man's last game was merely two years before the roster for Smash 4 was finalised. Or was Punch Out a dead franchise before Smash 4?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom