• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
If RelaxAlax, Emily Rogers and ResetEra Mods, Vergeben, and Gamefaqs smash switch board mods seem to agree on the fact that parts of the roster has been leaked, I think it's extremely likely that where there's smoke, there's fire (similar to last time with the gematsu leak).

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Once more, you're putting every Melee fan into a single stereotype. Consider the fact that a good chunk of Melee fans don't play highly competitive at all. The viewership numbers don't lie, as it consistently exceeds Smash 4's viewership by a large margin. I will again bring back the point I made earlier - do you really think current Nintendo, the new Nintendo that is going all-in for e-sports and competitive multiplayer games, will want their premier game to be from THREE (3) generations ago and almost two decades old?
Sorry, not intentionally trying to start any kind of Melee war. I’m admittedly super jet-lagged at the moment.

All I’m trying to get across is that I’m not sure going backwards mechanically is the answer. Hopefully the team has some amazing new stuff up their sleeves that will appeal to everyone and create the “ultimate” Smash game. Something competitive and casual alike will flock to. That’s the dream anyways.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
If RelaxAlax, Emily Rogers and ResetEra Mods, Vergeben, and Gamefaqs smash switch board mods seem to agree on the fact that parts of the roster has been leaked, I think it's extremely that where there's smoke, there's fire (similar to last time with the gematsu leak).
What did the restera mods do?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If RelaxAlax, Emily Rogers and ResetEra Mods, Vergeben, and Gamefaqs smash switch board mods seem to agree on the fact that parts of the roster has been leaked, I think it's extremely that where there's smoke, there's fire (similar to last time with the gematsu leak).
Now the question remains whether we can make it two more weeks before anyone else snitches. ;P

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's gonna be a lot longer than that. They won't reveal the entire roster at E3
Much that percolates under the surface only comes to light near an event. After E3 the credible murmuring will die down some.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Now the question remains whether we can make it two more weeks before anyone else snitches. ;P
I find it interesting you imply that someone has already come to public with this information, implying information about the roster has already reached public hands but will not be verified until further leaks or confirmation at E3. I wouldn't be shocked if this information is spreading like wildfire behind the scenes for the management of many smash websites. Regardless, I've only heard good things so far in most cases. Can't wait to see what rises up and above the competition. It's going to be a fun time.

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman

Wait

What

Surely Pokemon or something right?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I've always kinda wondered how people know that they've been given a legit leak or not, like with RelaxAlex. Like, what would tip him off more than some random fan DMing him a fake leak?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There was a problem fetching the tweet

RelaxAlax has apparently received info on who the new characters are as well. Looks like it's starting to go around to reputable sources. I can already guess other people who probably know now as well.
*See the Emily Roger Leak about the Ultimate Roster*

*See the Ice climber/ Simon Leak*

*See this tweet saying that even he couldn't have guessed the wildest Character and fan favourite will appear in this games*

*Look at how we joked about the imgur "leak" basically being everyone's wishlist and "not disappointing" enought*

*Sweatings intensifies*

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Too bad many of these leakers haven't actually given us character names, so we're still basically in the dark, and without names we'll never know whether they're true or false leaks. Vergeben could be real, but the others just say "Cool roster incoming!" I'm not getting terribly hype about these leaks just because these nameless leaks essentially amount to nothing.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Wait

What

Most likely Pokemon related, the information on that game is likely going to spill out before E3. In addition this dude is a Pokemon youtuber and smash info is unlikely until E3

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I've always kinda wondered how people know that they've been given a legit leak or not, like with RelaxAlex. Like, what would tip him off more than some random fan DMing him a fake leak?
I would assume it's probably a well connected source that they know personally.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I find it interesting you imply that someone has already come to public with this information, implying information about the roster has already reached public hands but will not be verified until further leaks or confirmation at E3. I wouldn't be shocked if this information is spreading like wildfire behind the scenes for the management of many smash websites. Regardless, I've only heard good things so far in most cases. Can't wait to see what rises up and above the competition. It's going to be a fun time.
Too bad many of these leakers haven't actually given us character names, so we're still basically in the dark, and without names we'll never know whether they're true or false leaks. Vergeben could be real, but the others just say "Cool roster incoming!" I'm not getting terribly hype about these leaks just because these nameless leaks essentially amount to nothing.
People might be thirsty for info, but there's also something to be said for the surprise of an unspoiled reveal. Look at Ryu's vs. Cloud's. If something else came to light at this point, the reveal may not be as special for some.

Wait

What

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything Smash.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
STOP THIS!

These tweets are giving me so much hype right now, I really can’t take it anymore. E3 is just 2 weeks away, but it feels like forever.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
How can you be so sure?
Well, there's every Smash game after 64 not really being built from scratch as baseline evidence.
But, also there's the fact that the Switch is not as strong as the Wii U. It has slightly better colors or something like that, and I know of nothing else that makes it better graphically. Remaking character models would be a tremendous waste except for the ones that were basically ported from Brawl. For someone like WFT or Dedede there's literally no point at all in remodeling and animating them except to burn money.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

Wait

What

It seems very likely to be Pokemon-related, but I'm not exactly sure if it'll be the Switch games we're all expecting.

1527557736366.png

1527558655517.png

Apparently, it seems like a group of hackers may have found long sought after Pokemon Gold beta cartridges. If they're legit, then this would be a discovery two decades in the making. The Pokemon Gold and Silver prototypes are some of the most sought out prototypes in all of gaming history, aside from maybe the Super Mario 64 Spaceworld 1995 prototype.

Not sure if this is something that would "break the gaming internet in half," but if legit, it would be an absolutely monumental find in terms of lost media.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Just gonna say rn

Ashley and Syrup would be excellent.

You got 2 new Wario reps
Witches and Pirates both serve important ecological niches

Wario will get nothing and sakurai will continue the Wario Land erasure

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Sorry, not intentionally trying to start any kind of Melee war. I’m admittedly super jet-lagged at the moment.

All I’m trying to get across is that I’m not sure going backwards mechanically is the answer. Hopefully the team has some amazing new stuff up their sleeves that will appeal to everyone and create the “ultimate” Smash game. Something competitive and casual alike will flock to. That’s the dream anyways.
I agree, they shouldn't have removed tripping going from Brawl -> 4 because that's going backwards towards the Melee/64 design.

More seriously, I think acting like there's a teleology in the design of the series and that going back to something old is somehow a regression in the growth of quality the franchise has had is silly. Some things were bad and fixed, some things got changed for other reasons, like time, technical limitations, or Sakurai being fallible. L-Canceling can go to hell, but if they just made it so characters in general had combos and didn't have absurdly overpowered recoveries, that would be an improvement even if the series was there and left already.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
*random guy on twitter says they know something big

*random guy on twitter won't give a clue

Everyone: :|

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m just going to wait for the E3 stuff before o get all giddy with hype.

Not because I am not but because I want to wait and see before I set up for something too early.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Damn, im late with this one DX.

Continuning with the each day to e3, a new castlevania tune from a completeley different game, for your ears only.

Today is the turn of Castlevania II, a game that was in an era were sequels wanted to experiment new things... altought not in the best way posible!

But hey, if zelda have taught us something, is that making your second game an open world 2d adventure filled with awkward dungeons and villages with npcs barely making sense of syntaxis... or words... is the key to success!

So get ready your graveyard ducks for Castlevania II Simon's Quest "Town theme"

Its late now, but lets just pretend that due to timezones, is still before midnight here so is still may 28th... after all... such a terrible night to have a curse!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So everyone knows but everyone's being a tease about it.

It's gonna be a long two weeks...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
People might be thirsty for info, but there's also something to be said for the surprise of an unspoiled reveal. Look at Ryu's vs. Cloud's. If something else came to light at this point, the reveal may not be as special for some.
I'm not upset that they don't have names attached, I'm just not gaining any extra excitement/interest in these leaks because they contain no specific details.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Wait

What

Definitely about Pokémon if true, so many things point to it being revealed before E3, and there's no way they'll blow both of their E3 juggernauts before the event even starts. If we are to believe Vergeben then Ridley is scheduled to be revealed at E3 anyways, and I imagine that'd be with the game's actual reveal.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Definitely about Pokémon if true, so many things point to it being revealed before E3, and there's no way they'll blow both of their E3 juggernauts before the event even starts. If we are to believe Vergeben then Ridley is scheduled to be revealed at E3 anyways, and I imagine that'd be with the game's actual reveal.
Considering serebii's latest tweet, it's gotta be Pokemon

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Why are people putting stock into anything Emily Rogers says? She has a terrible track record and deletes her wrong predictions constantly (she's deleted her twitter over false rumors). "Ultimate roster (no examples given)" is less than nothing, it's "fill in the blank space with what YOU want so you'll believe it".

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, something that "breaks the internet" within these days is most likely Pokémon, there's been a lot of babbling about new games being revealed at the end of this month. I guess we'll know (or not?) soon enough.

Anyway, I finally had a Smash-related dream last night. Nothing too special, it had Mario and Link heading towards some dark place (as in to fight some baddie) and for some reason Shantae was riding a dragon with them as well lol. Best part though, Mimikyu joined them right before I woke up. I hardly ever have dream nowadays so that was refreshing haha! Guess the hype is growing in me.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It seems very likely to be Pokemon-related, but I'm not exactly sure if it'll be the Switch games we're all expecting.

View attachment 146097
View attachment 146098

Apparently, it seems like a group of hackers may have found long sought after Pokemon Gold beta cartridges. If they're legit, then this would be a discovery two decades in the making. The Pokemon Gold and Silver prototypes are some of the most sought out prototypes in all of gaming history, aside from maybe the Super Mario 64 Spaceworld 1995 prototype.

Not sure if this is something that would "break the gaming internet in half," but if legit, it would be an absolutely monumental find in terms of lost media.
Oh my God, if we see more of the scrapped G/S era Pokemon, I hope some are as cute as these:

The art style they had going was so good, and I'm kinda hoping they have stuff in there that hasn't been seen before.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What am I? Chopped liver?
No, you're Pac-Man... And what an unrelated response if I do say so my self.
What does chopped liver even have to do with my post? Lol

If you prefer Elma due to higher possibility, I actually agree.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I remember when RelaxAlax just nothing more than just another member of smashboards who made his first YouTube video....*old man ramblings*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom