• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So.. that Gorochu thing is real interessting. Apperantly it has been cut because of game balance? Meaning it was probably way too powerful. Keeping in mind how broken RBY Mewtwo was, that sounds like a serious deal.

How many days / weeks / months / years till E3 again?

osby

Smash Obsessed
So.. that Gorochu thing is real interessting. Apperantly it has been cut because of game balance? Meaning it was probably way too powerful. Keeping in mind how broken RBY Mewtwo was, that sounds like a serious deal.

How many days / weeks / months / years till E3 again?
22 days.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
First of all, that's not relevant to their chances at all because they are the main avatar of Nintendo Switch, but from 2014-2017:
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Mario & Sonic at The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
  • Pokemon Rumble World
  • Miitopia
  • Miitomo
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Streetpass Mii Plaza (still being supported)
Should have clarified, since the launch of the Switch.

But regardless, the choice to hide the Mii creator behind so many menus is an odd choice.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Currently polishing up my Smash Bros. roster newcomer analysis, and wow, look at how much I have written over the course of two months.

Nearly 13,200 words total. I must have written more than the average university papers, haha! I am so eager to share it soon. :)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Currently polishing up my Smash Bros. roster newcomer analysis, and wow, look at how much I have written over the course of two months.

Nearly 13,200 words total. I must have written more than the average university papers, haha! I am so eager to share it soon. :)
What are you doing, basing your college thesis on Smash Bros speculation?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If it takes 48 minutes to actually read everything, we shall thus need a tl;dr version

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I'd make a statement about hoping that Dr. Kawashima isn't in your roster before realising how futile it would be.:p

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I never see anyone complain about Wario being shorter than Mario in Smash.
I have here and there but it's only a minor irk and I really don't care in the grand scheme of things. A lot of characters have minor inaccuracies that could be easily fixed... But they are only minor inaccuracies.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

There are a little more than three weeks to know if this going to be mostly true or false. But anyway, it's really impressive how much time you've put into this.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice

I'm impressed at how much work you've put into thinking this through. I try to think my way through roster predictions but it's nowhere near this (and comes with a likely inflated sense of Xenoblade's importance to modern Nintendo). I kinda hope for your sake a good portion of these predictions turn out to be correct.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1
How do you make those gifs? They are so darn impressive, and I really encourage you sharing them. Do you just put clear words over the gifs?
Also I am reminded E3 is in ALMOST THREE WEEKS!

Edit: If you are curious, Roger Smith has common sense.
I used Photoshop to make those countdown gifs and short gifs. You need to use a feature called clipping mask upon on words then that's it. (select all lawyers that you want to masked your gif on the word then select clipping mask)

Only negative thing with Photoshop is their weird limitation on 500 frames (for save as web) which caused a problem for smash 64 intro as a countdown gif.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Here's my most wanted tier list. Tiers are separated by rows. I wanted to make an actual graphic for it, but I haven't had enough time at my laptop to put together a graphic that I like. So for now, this is what I have. Keep in mind this is what I want, not what I expect.
Most wanted Roster.png

D

Deleted member

I used Photoshop to make those countdown gifs and short gifs. You need to use a feature called clipping mask upon on words then that's it. (select all lawyers that you want to masked your gif on the word then select clipping mask)

Only negative thing with Photoshop is their weird limitation on 500 frames (for save as web) which caused a problem for smash 64 intro as a countdown gif.
Thanks!
Because those gifs are so good.
Like you help build up the hype for E3.
What are you doing, basing your college thesis on Smash Bros speculation?
The Blue guy is trying to learn so he can overthrow Olimar and the other human things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
my uncle told me Battle Kid was gonna be in Smash but i didn't wanna say anything
Yes but my grandpa's nephew's wife's sister's boyfriend's mother has told me that wasn't true. So what do you say about that now? Bet you feel silly.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What is going on?
Shiny talks lol

Okay, let's rerail it back a bit, please.

As for All-Star, I just want it to be more like Melee's, randomized. I thought it was pretty eh in Brawl and 4, as it had way too many enemies at once, making it feel overwhelming.
I want to agree with that. Even better to be unprepared on who your next opponents are instead of knowing who you're going to fight in advance.

My only issue with Melee's is that Mr. Game and Watch is always last. Brawl and W/3 he's first so I'd like to see more characters randomized but the final person is a multi-person melee. Since we got enough fighters, make them go like this for example:

first 3 fights - one on one (3)
next 4 - two CPU (11)
next 3 - three CPU (20)
next 4 - four CPU (36)
next 2 - five CPU (46)
next 3 - six CPU (64)
second to last round - 7 CPU
final round - 7CPU of Melee's Mr. Game and Watch function

Numbers are off, but hey it could work if done correctly

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I really hope that Belmont and Ridley leak is fake.
Don't get me wrong, I would like those characters in-game, but I don't consider worth it dropping Bayonetta, Megaman and Ryu for them.

At the end of the day is just another leak from a seemingly "reliable" user, so maybe I'm just worrying too much about it.
But man, come on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't get me wrong, I would like those characters in-game, but I don't consider worth it dropping Bayonetta, Megaman and Ryu for them.

At the end of the day is just another leak from a seemingly "reliable" user, so maybe I'm just worrying too much about it.
But man, come on.
There is nothing to suggest the others aren't coming back. All it means is the leaker knows of these guys. Keep in mind leakers only know bits of information.

@vaanrose can explain a bit more for you.

SonicMario

Smash Master

But man, come on.
Didn't the same leak say No Cuts from Smash 4 though? There wasn't anything saying Bayonetta, Megaman, and Ryu were being cut from what I remember.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
There is nothing to suggest the others aren't coming back. All it means is the leaker knows of these guys. Keep in mind leakers only know bits of information.

@vaanrose can explain a bit more for you.
Didn't the same leak say No Cuts from Smash 4 though? There wasn't anything saying Bayonetta, Megaman, and Ryu were being cut from what I remember.
Yeah, just read the "official" leak.
I read it first from this italian game journalism site. Apparently, they can't translate english that well, who could've thought.

I feel relieved now, but I still embarassed myself lmao. Sorry. </3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, just read the "official" leak.
I read it first from this italian game journalism site. Apparently, they can't translate english that well, who could've thought.

I feel relieved now, but I still embarassed myself lmao. Sorry. </3
No biggie man. Now you know~

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It would appear that the previous leak with Ridley, Simon Belmont, and Ice Climbers shouldn't be taken too seriously. The guy who leaked it apparently has gotten in trouble before and completely bamboozled. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it at this point.
---

I feel like one thing we never talk about here is items! Considering I've been playing Smash 3DS pretty frequently, I have say...the items in Wii U/3DS seem kinda trash compared to other versions. I find the Gust Bellows is one of the most annoying items in the game, the beetle and Boss Galaga get pretty annoying too...I guess I'd like to see fewer weapons like that.

Granted, I actually appreciated the Fan. It was just loads of fun when you could trap people for...like 3 years in a mess of...paper cuts and laughter :troll:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It would appear that the previous leak with Ridley, Simon Belmont, and Ice Climbers shouldn't be taken too seriously. The guy who leaked it apparently has gotten in trouble before and completely bamboozled. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it at this point.
---

I feel like one thing we never talk about here is items! Considering I've been playing Smash 3DS pretty frequently, I have say...the items in Wii U/3DS seem kinda trash compared to other versions. I find the Gust Bellows is one of the most annoying items in the game, the beetle and Boss Galaga get pretty annoying too...I guess I'd like to see fewer weapons like that.

Granted, I actually appreciated the Fan. It was just loads of fun when you could trap people for...like 3 years in a mess of...paper cuts and laughter :troll:
I'd like to see the return of the Cracker Launcher, personally.

D

Deleted member

To make something every more substantial to talk about? Is anyone else surprised by the amount of leaks for not?

They've been so few this time around.
Not really surprising to me considering the Smash speculation cycle is far different than previous years.
We didn't even know anything ABOUT Smash until earlier this year, and we still don't know much about it and won't until E3 comes. And it's supposed to release later in the year.

Like, what even is this speculation cycle?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want the Parasol and Barrel Canon back. Mostly the Barrel Canon. Because there aren't any other proper DKC items.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm not much of an items guy but I do want them to merge the pokeball and masterball again. It was alot cooler getting a legendary when you didn't completely expect it.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Only 151 ey? Ha nope this is fake news.
This reads as fake to me. Game Freak has made stupid decisions in the past, but this is a whole new thing. Punishing those who have been following the series by retconning anything past gen 1 just doesn't make any sense. At least with Pokemon Go you could argue its a spin-off and thusly doesn't have to have the complete set of Pokemon.

The thing with Dasvergeben is he (allegedly) has multiple sources who feed him leaks. This is why sometimes he is completely right on otherwise insane predictions (TMNT in Injustice 2, the DLC list including base Goku and Vegeta in DBFZ, and Namco developing Metroid Prime 4) and why he gets almost nothing right in some of his other leaks (Soul Calibur VI coming to Switch with Link and a Fire Emblem character in the roster).

According to Dasvergeben, the same source that linked Metroid Prime 4 to him was the one who leaked Ridley to him in March. Another guy (who vergeben says is credible) is the one who leaked him the E3 lineup of ICs, Ridley, and Simon a few days ago. His word isn't gospel, but he's proven himself credible enough to where his leaks warrant some discussion (if only to ease the drought until E3).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I made a quick prediction/dream roster. It's a little sloppy, but I thought I'd let you guys give me your criticism input.

upload_2018-5-21_17-40-35.png

Real quick, just wanted to explain how I organized things.

Any franchise with two or more reps has been ordered chronologically starting from the top (minus Yoshi and Wario). Franchises with a single character are also ordered chronologically, placed at the ends of rows where there was leftover space and at the bottom of the roster. Third-parties are at the very bottom in chronological order (which is probably something you figured out for yourself, but I clarified anyway).

An unrealistic prediction, but a total of 16 newcomers (including returning characters).
  • Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Mipha
  • Ridley
  • Bandana Dee
  • Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Decidueye
  • Lycanroc
  • Isabelle
  • Rex/Pyra
  • Takamaru
  • Inklings
  • Spring Man
  • Simon Belmont
  • Crash Bandicoot
You may not agree with all the additions (Dixie over K. Rool, adding a Champion, two Pokémon reps, etc.), but you have to admit, this would cater to a lot of different people.

And just to prepare myself for possible cuts, I continued the tradition and cut five characters from the roster.
  • Dr. Mario
  • Dark Pit
  • Lucina
  • Roy
  • Cloud
I know people probably aren't happy with me cutting two FE characters, but I narrowed it down to Lucas and Roy. Between the two, I felt like Lucas needed to stay more, as FE always has room to grow. And Cloud? Ehh... Just felt like he was the third-party in the most imminent danger of getting cut.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I made a quick prediction/dream roster. It's a little sloppy, but I thought I'd let you guys give me your criticism input.

View attachment 145428

Real quick, just wanted to explain how I organized things.

Any franchise with two or more reps has been ordered chronologically starting from the top (minus Yoshi and Wario). Franchises with a single character are also ordered chronologically, placed at the ends of rows where there was leftover space and at the bottom of the roster. Third-parties are at the very bottom in chronological order (which is probably something you figured out for yourself, but I clarified anyway).

An unrealistic prediction, but a total of 16 newcomers (including returning characters).
  • Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Mipha
  • Ridley
  • Bandana Dee
  • Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Decidueye
  • Lycanroc
  • Isabelle
  • Rex/Pyra
  • Takamaru
  • Inklings
  • Spring Man
  • Simon Belmont
  • Crash Bandicoot
You may not agree with all the additions (Dixie over K. Rool, adding a Champion, two Pokémon reps, etc.), but you have to admit, this would cater to a lot of different people.

And just to prepare myself for possible cuts, I continued the tradition and cut five characters from the roster.
  • Dr. Mario
  • Dark Pit
  • Lucina
  • Roy
  • Cloud
I know people probably aren't happy with me cutting two FE characters, but I narrowed it down to Lucas and Roy. Between the two, I felt like Lucas needed to stay more, as FE always has room to grow. And Cloud? Ehh... Just felt like he was the third-party in the most imminent danger of getting cut.
Strongly disagree with the cuts, Lucina, Dark Pit and Doc are extremely easy to make and it'd be such a shame if they were cut. Roy and Lucas were basically brought back due to fan demand, cutting them again would be a **** move. And I don't really get the reasoning that Cloud is in danger of getting cut when Square and Nintendo are on good terms, they're supporting the switch and they allowed him to be in a mere 2 years ago, I see no reason why that would change. I still can't see cuts happening tbh.

Everything else checks out apart from having 2 alola pokemon newcomers, I don't really see why they would feel the need to add 2.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Strongly disagree with the cuts, Lucina, Dark Pit and Doc are extremely easy to make and it'd be such a shame if they were cut. Roy and Lucas were basically brought back due to fan demand, cutting them again would be a **** move. And I don't really get the reasoning that Cloud is in danger of getting cut when Square and Nintendo are on good terms, they're supporting the switch and they allowed him to be in a mere 2 years ago, I see no reason why that would change. I still can't see cuts happening tbh.

Everything else checks out apart from having 2 alola pokemon newcomers, I don't really see why they would feel the need to add 2.
In order to prepare myself for a scenario where we get cuts, I told myself that I was going to cut five characters when I made my roster.

Honestly, cutting anyone besides these five and Lucas would've been far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom