• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
yea i dont like the classic barbarian look on Simon

hopefully the other Belmonts and Kojima's gothic Simon are alts

I really would love to play as Richter Belmont

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
yea i dont like the classic barbarian look on Simon

hopefully the other Belmonts and Kojima's gothic Simon are alts

I really would love to play as Richter Belmont

I would kill to get Richter in, he's everything Simon is only with martial arts mixed in. Best Belmont.
But it has to be Simon, for obvious reasons. Though having other Belmont's as alts would be neat...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I heard the Ivey Ridley and Simon and no cuts leak popped out again.

On Reddit and that page is gone

Disappearing pages is a good sign but could have ben himself deleting it to make it look like t was Nintendo themselves deleting it.

So still not hold my breath

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Okay- Time for a new subject...

How about Pyra's clothes?

Anyone?
I don't get why all these people want to object to it. She's a strong woman empowering herself with her sexuality rather than allowing a prudish patriarchal norm to oppress her self-expression.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
All this Belmont buzz got me thinking of other Konami games...

Bill Rizer from Contra would be bad ass.

Or what about Pyramid Head from Silent Hill?

Smash needs a Frogger Assist Trophy.

Konami has some decent serious toned games.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Forget Pyra's clothes and Fire Emblem, let me go off on a 10 page rant about how and why Goku will make it into Smash.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I do recall during Sm4sh speculation, one particularly aggressive anti Toad Smash fan and vocal K. Rool supporter would swing by the Toad support thread semi regularly to rub it in our face when he was deconfirmed.

You better believe K. Rool's mii outfit made me gleeful at his reaction. Toad getting one was even better, as we thought we wouldn't even get that.

Karma is a funny old thing.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I don't get why all these people want to object to it. She's a strong woman empowering herself with her sexuality rather than allowing a prudish patriarchal norm to oppress her self-expression.
I mean...she's not a strong empowered woman, she's an animated character who the creators have complete control over. The whole games female character designs especially are a damn mess tho but let's not get into this discussion fr.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Forget Pyra's clothes and Fire Emblem, let me go off on a 10 page rant about how and why Goku will make it into Smash.
Xeno Goku is a video game rendition of Goku with a different design and varying abilities from Anime/ Manga Goku.

He debuted in the video game Dragon Ball Heroes.

This version is cool because he still uses the power pole and has a sack of senzu's on his sash.

He's the Red to Pokemon's Ash.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why not Spiderman? That leak from earlier gave him some credence, remember? :p

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hello memoryman3! Looks like you decided to give Smashboards another go and mix it up a bit between here and Resetera. Hopefully if Daisy doesn't happen again you take it a bit better than last time. A few of us remember how THAT particular situation went down.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That feeling when you suggested Simon but no one talked about him until a text-based leak.

raw.gif

If Simon were to make it, I hope we get Simon's Castlevania Chronicles look.

I know it's not everyone's favorite look for him, but I kinda dig the gothic asthetic he has going. Better than his horrendous Judgement design.
I prefer the Lords of Shadow look.

SimonBelmont_Castlevania_MirrorofFate_3DS.jpg

Barbarian monster hunter, hell yeah.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I spread out my Smash ballot votes across a number of devices.
Black Mage is basically deconfirmed.
Inklings are in.
Shantae's probably a never.
Ganon can't even get proper treatment in his own series let alone Smash.
K.Rool, Waa and Dee are basically my only ballot-era hopes left.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The fact that there more and more Uniel Characters per page in people's Signature just show who have patrician taste in this Thread.

Also- Imagine if we get both Snake back AND Belmond....Ah...What a dream....SNAAAAKE EAAAATEEEEER.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We could always debate who the next most-likely Zelda rep could be.

Those conversations almost always go smoothly since we have a unanimous opinion who that character would be.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

As much as I love Xenoblade 2 and Pyra and will always defend her and the game... Yeah I don't think that's their intent with her character design.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Those conversations almost always go smoothly since we have a unanimous opinion who that character would be.
Yup. We all want Young Link Back. :denzel:

ErenJager

Smash Champion

If Link is reworked into BotW Link, I could see Young Link returning to reclaim that abandoned Link move set.
Fierce Deity Final Smash. Yes Pleaase.

I hope Koei Tecmo gets a foot in Smash 5 too... I'd love to see Hyrule Warriors designs and abilities, on top of that Linkle.

KT supported the Wii U heavily with Fatal Frame exclusivity and the Warriors series being successful... on 3DS, Wii U and then a definitive port to Switch... Plus a Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch... Also KT's poster boy has a long history with Nintendo (Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive).

I really hope KT gets involved just so Smash 5 gets a lot of Zelda love.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That feeling when you suggested Simon but no one talked about him until a text-based leak.

View attachment 145095

I prefer the Lords of Shadow look.

View attachment 145093
Barbarian monster hunter, hell yeah.
Ehhhhhhhh. I do like his look in Lords of Shadow, but I'd also rather keep any and all Castlevania representation as far away from Lords of Shadow as possible. Not because they were bad games, but more because they don't quite capture the series' essence.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If Link is reworked into BotW Link, I could see Young Link returning to reclaim that abandoned Link move set.

I hope Koei Tecmo gets a foot in Smash 5 too... I'd love to see Hyrule Warriors designs and abilities, on top of that Linkle.

KT supported the Wii U heavily with Fatal Frame exclusivity and the Warriors series being successful... on 3DS, Wii U and then a definitive port to Switch... Plus a Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch... Also KT's poster boy has a long history with Nintendo (Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive).

It's probably gonna happen but I'm gonna be sad if we get no hyrule warriors content whatsoever, there's so much potential for stages, assists, even just trophies would be nice tbh. Also friendly reminder that Hyrule Warriors impa is THAT ***** and I want her in desperately.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I hope Koei Tecmo gets a foot in Smash 5 too... I'd love to Hyrule Warriors designs and abilities, on top of that Linkle.

Even if Link gets reworked, I'd just stick with Toon Link. There's not much of a reason to bring back Young Link as a replacement when TL is already so similar.

And as for Warriors content, I'm not so sure. Definitely not against it, but if memory serves me right, no Zelda spin-off has ever been represented in Smash. I think the closest thing we got was some Tingle stickers in Brawl from the Tingle Rupeeland game.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
We could discuss about how iconic, deserving, relevant, unique, important and round Bandana Dee is.
What's there to talk about? I think we're all in unanimous agreement that he should be in and would be the greatest character ever made, people who don't want bandana dee have no love in their hearts sorry I don't make the rules.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yeah if we do end up getting Simon, my bet is on the classic "barbarian" look.

It's been pushed a lot lately, most recently in the mobile Castlevania app, and would definitely make him stand out quite a bit from the rest of the cast. No one else has that aesthetic to them.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

It's been pushed a lot lately, most recently in the mobile Castlevania app, and would definitely make him stand out quite a bit from the rest of the cast.
That's definitely his most iconic look so I can't see them going with anything else

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No doubt that if we get Simon it'll be his classic look, it's the one that's most associated with his Nintendo years. I imagine he'd get the Mega Man/Pac-Man treatment.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

It's been pushed a lot lately, most recently in the mobile Castlevania app, and would definitely make him stand out quite a bit from the rest of the cast. No one else has that aesthetic to them.
Yeaaaah, that's really the most likely choice. That look is fine, I just prefer his Chronicles look, and Konami used it for quite awhile. It has plenty that makes it stand out as well.

Maybe as an alt costume, who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom