• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Time to sweep away that Spiderman conversation.....
You know... to those who say more veterans need a move-set change, I disagree!
They work very finely and I like them the way they are. I am used to them and I am sure Sakurai understands this for most fans.
I think only Link needs a move-set change, as he is BOTW Link now.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>New Smash is out within 6 months
>expecting minimal reveals

Bruh, we’re getting a complete info dump of Smash Bros. Switch. You have to hype this up, and you’re gonna show 2 new characters at the biggest event of the year? No way. There’s honestly no way I can see this happening.

With Wii U, it made sense. There was a huge amount of time before that game released, so having 3 at the beginning made sense.

SIX. MONTHS. PEOPLE. SIX.

I expect a Melee reveal type of trailer. We’ll get a small handful. If Smash is the main focus, I have a feeling we’re getting quite a bit and the release month. I have a feeling it’ll be October which then would be FIVE. MONTHS. PEOPLE. FIVE.

I still think there’s a chance of no cuts.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Opinion on length of direct- If Nintendo wants to 100% win E3, they should do a full blowout and reveal a ton about the game.

30 minutes on Nintendo Switch Games outside of Smash.

15 or so minutes on Smash (Look at the primary gameplay, Inklings, and the major new Third Party Representative)

After the show, drop some more trailers (3-4 in my opinion) during Nintendo Treehouse Live at unnanounced times. (This gives Smash people a reason to watch Nintendo Treehouse, thus allowing them to potentially get interested in game covered in that showcase)

Drop a trailer on the Invitational.

That gives us a grand total of 7 newcomers showcased. If Smash Switch really is going to launch in 2018, that is more than enough to hold us over until release, and they can even then later on have a Smash direct, and drop even more newcomers. Nintendo will need to build a lot of hype in a fast amount of time. This is the way to do it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think if there aren't any cuts, it'd be due to extensive reuse/repurposing of Smash 4's assets. Which I've before raised as, imo, entirely possible.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
>New Smash is out within 6 months
>expecting minimal reveals

Bruh, we’re getting a complete info dump of Smash Bros. Switch. You have to hype this up, and you’re gonna show 2 new characters at the biggest event of the year? No way. There’s honestly no way I can see this happening.

With Wii U, it made sense. There was a huge amount of time before that game released, so having 3 at the beginning made sense.

SIX. MONTHS. PEOPLE. SIX.

I expect a Melee reveal type of trailer. We’ll get a small handful. If Smash is the main focus, I have a feeling we’re getting quite a bit and the release month. I have a feeling it’ll be October which then would be FIVE. MONTHS. PEOPLE. FIVE.

I still think there’s a chance of no cuts.
Basically this. They wouldn't have already pointed at Smash being the focus if it was just going to get a longer-than-normal trailer. There's minimal time between E3 and release, and they aren't doing daily updates. They basically have to dump a ton, and even an extended portion of the digital event, say, 20 minutes won't do the game justice. I get wanting to have low expectations going in to avoid disappointment, but Nintendo would be crazy to not go hard reveals during the digital event.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
At this point I feel like I’ll just be that dude who keeps trying to bring up Dragon Quest for smash (because no one else will lol) how many of you have played any of the games, and how many of you would love/hate this franchise being in smash??
DQV is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played

D

Deleted member

At this point I feel like I’ll just be that dude who keeps trying to bring up Dragon Quest for smash (because no one else will lol) how many of you have played any of the games, and how many of you would love/hate this franchise being in smash??
I've only played Dragon Quest IX. I really enjoyed it though, so I'd love it if we got Slime in Smash somehow, even if it was only as an AT.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've played little bits of 8 and 9, but it's a franchise that I've had a tough time with getting into. On the other hand, I felt the same way about Earthbound (mainly due to the game being insanely difficult in the beginning), and once I got additional party members in that game, I found it a lot more engaging.

I feel like I'll enjoy 8 more than 9 (8 seems to have a story to it, while 9 seems much more open-ended and reliant on the now-defunct DS online), so I'll try playing that some time.

When it comes to Smash, I'd have no problem with a character from it, though I'm not sure who I'd like to see. (the main heroes seem rather bland, and Slime has no limbs, though that could be worked around) Given that the franchise is so popular in Japan that it spawned an urban myth about its games releasing on weekends due to the sheer amount of people taking time off of work/school to play them, I could see it getting in on that alone.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just hope that the art style is different enough so that it looks like a new game. That's my main concern, is that it's going to just look the same as Wii U.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
There's a lot of games likely to show up at this year's E3
  • Mario Kart
  • Mario Party
  • Paper Mario
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem
  • Pikmin 4
  • Star Fox
Unfortunately, it seems we won't be getting a glimpse of Metroid, Pokemon, or Bayonetta on the 12th, as Nintendo stated that games being released beyond 2018 will be revealed at a later date..
Pokemon may very well release this year though. The leaker stated they were coming out this year.

Source:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35546212#p35546310

D

Deleted member

Real talk. People keep arguing that some characters "make no sense/wouldn't work as clones" (Funky and now DS for example), but some of the clones we've had made no sense.
I've said all I'm going to say about the idea of Funky Kong being a clone already, but seriously? Dark Samus? After how Dark Samus was portrayed in Smash itself, you REALLY think it'd make sense for it/her to be turned into a clone?

Ganondorf doesn't even punch you in Ocarina.
He does if you go on the platform he's above without stunning him first. That, and.....

We see him go to deck Link in the face in official artwork. :p

Lucina makes no sense as a Marth clone. Her sword is too big, and she fights similar to Ike, to put it simply.
A big portion of her role in Awakening is pretending to be Marth and the downloadable Marth actually plays like Lucina in a reverse to Smash.
Only point that will be conceded is the part about her Parallel Falchion itself being altered to fit Marth's Smash style. But otherwise, Lucina as a clone actually fits due to the first sentence.

Dark Pit talks about not being like Pit in Uprising and uses different weapons, plus had infinite flying for the majority of the game.
This is post-game Dark Pit, where he doesn't have Pandora's unlimited flight.
Not only that, but Pit and Dark Pit literally can use the same exact weapon options. And in the case of Smash, the only weapon that he and Pit share are the Guardian Orbitars. Everything else (Silver Bow, Electroshock Arm, Dark Pit Staff) is not what Pit uses.

Young Link had no access to adult Link items. (Although Link can't use the boomerang in OoT)
All of Young Link's tools aside from the Boomerang (which is only in Ocarina of Time) are from Majora's Mask.

Thinking that a character "doesn't make sense as a clone," as logical as your arguments are, is only setting yourself up for disappointment. I know, I firmly believed Lucina would not be a clone.
That's on you, then.
Because I believed it was possible. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Real talk. People keep arguing that some characters "make no sense/wouldn't work as clones" (Funky and now DS for example), but some of the clones we've had made no sense.
Lucina makes no sense as a Marth clone. Her sword is too big, and she fights similar to Ike, to put it simply.
Dark Pit talks about not being like Pit in Uprising and uses different weapons, plus had infinite flying for the majority of the game.
Young Link had no access to adult Link items. (Although Link can't use the boomerang in OoT)
There's some flaws here;
Ganondorf is all about "Power" and actually has artwork of him about to punch Link in OOT's settings. This is literally his Forward Air.
Lucina is a fair point, but she was going to be an alt anyway due to the same body shape, which is why the clone thing happens. The body shapes needs to be the same. Any clone could work as an alternate costume due to this, but aren't for many reasons(one being records only apply to different characters in their own slots, due to some programming quirk, the other is he believes different movesets justifies their own slots).
Dark Pit literally is a carbon copy of Pit physically. He can use different weapons. And he does, especially in his Final Smash. It's why he doesn't work as an alternate costume. He wouldn't be caught dead using the Three Sacred Treasures. He also uses an actual different arm and a different actual bow. Only the Orbitars are the same item, and his Up B... is just different colors. He does have differences in what he uses. Obviously this is really different in gameplay much, or sometimes at all. But what you said isn't that accurate.
Young Link does in Majora's Mask. His basic stage added is Great Bay as well. From Majora's Mask. He's still OOT-based, but it's not unfounded. However, the trophies treat him as the Link from the original Zelda game, which explains why he uses the Bow. Regular Link had the Boomerang in Smash 64 as well, as he was more a combination of multiple Links and was designed to represent their most iconic arsenal(Bow, Bomb, Arrows, Spin Attack). OOT was just his model. He's still based upon OOT, but not entirely.

Lucina is one I can agree felt like she was done wrong. But that's the only one truly it. Ganondorf wasn't going to even get in without the clone thing.

"
Ganondorf was a very lucky character [to get in].

To be honest, I had no plans to bring Ganondorf to Smash, but because of various convenient circumstances, he was able to join the fight.

(I received the model, the traits were clearly defined, the body proportions matched Captain Falcon, and above else his popularity was high.)"

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/11/melee-ganondorf/ Basically? He may not have gotten into Brawl either. While it's possible, if the tech demo never happened, there wouldn't be nearly as much of an outcry for him(mostly due to him being a clone). Maybe we would've gotten Toon Ganondorf instead. Maybe something else could've happened. We don't know. We just know he was lucky to get in due to being able to be a clone in the first place. His chances were pretty low beyond that.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is post-game Dark Pit, where he doesn't have Pandora's unlimited flight.
Not only that, but Pit and Dark Pit literally can use the same exact weapon options. And in the case of Smash, the only weapon that he and Pit share are the Guardian Orbitars. Everything else (Silver Bow, Electroshock Arm, Dark Pit Staff) is not what Pit uses.
It makes sense for Dark Pit to be a Pit clone, since even in KI:U that's literally what he is, but I can't stress enough how much of a disservice that is to the character. Hell, in the chapter named after him, he uses a whole bunch of weapons throughout the entire fight.

Pit's the OG Kid Icarus boy, so he can do whatever, and Palutena represents the powers from the game, so why not have Dark Pit rep all the different weapons? It'd make infinitely more sense.

D

Deleted member

It makes sense for Dark Pit to be a Pit clone, since even in KI:U that's literally what he is, but I can't stress enough how much of a disservice that is to the character. Hell, in the chapter named after him, he uses a whole bunch of weapons throughout the entire fight.

Pit's the OG Kid Icarus boy, so he can do whatever, and Palutena represents the powers from the game, so why not have Dark Pit rep all the different weapons? It'd make infinitely more sense.
Because Dark Pit wasn't originally supposed to be a separate character to begin with in Smash.

Take what you can get.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

All of Young Link's tools aside from the Boomerang (which is only in Ocarina of Time) are from Majora's Mask.
Actually, the Hookshot Young Link used in Smash is the OoT Hookshot

The MM Hookshot looks noticeably different.

D

Deleted member

Still doesn't change the fact that he has access to a Hookshot at some point. :p

Just means development team got lazy and didn't want to model a different Hookshot for a last minute clone. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Indeed. That said, the Young Link from OOT and MM are the same person. So it still makes sense for him to use all the items anyway, even if it's not the same model. Plus, it's easier to reuse the same exact model for the clone. It's clear he wasn't done to be a representation of Majora's Mask itself, but it was taken into account(Great Bay, the Fire Arrows, his ability to use the same items as Adult Link, not unlike in MM).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Time to sweep away that Spiderman conversation.....
You know... to those who say more veterans need a move-set change, I disagree!
They work very finely and I like them the way they are. I am used to them and I am sure Sakurai understands this for most fans.
I think only Link needs a move-set change, as he is BOTW Link now.
BOTW Link still uses bow, boomerang, bombs, and spin attack.

It would be nice to see Ancient Arrow with the ability to suck people into it's gravitational pull or maybe Rune Magnet as a grab, but other than that, there's no need for a move set change. If anything, the rune abilities would not work well as special attacks.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
How many of you are expecting to be utterly overwhelmed with Smash info at E3? Like I don’t think I’ll be able to mentally sort it out :chuckle:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Thinking that a character "doesn't make sense as a clone," as logical as your arguments are, is only setting yourself up for disappointment. I know, I firmly believed Lucina would not be a clone.
I've never cringed so hard at such a poor argument. Luckily someone else explained in great detail how poor it is.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How many of you are expecting to be utterly overwhelmed with Smash info at E3? Like I don’t think I’ll be able to mentally sort it out :chuckle:
Like I said earlier, we've had 700+ pages of discussion based on a trailer that shows us next to nothing. I'm 99% sure that once we get all the info at E3, our minds will be incapable of processing it all at once.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It makes a lot of sense for BOTW Link to have updated bombs via the rune design. Same with using one of the actual Boomerangs from BOTW. It's easy to update without outright changing his moveset.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm looking to be blown away by a Final Smash with how much information we're going to get. Won't expect no more than 5 newcomers plus Inklings.

The only thing I'm trying to figure out right now is between June to Oct-Dec, how much information are we going to get with Smash and if we are gonna get a daily update Mon-Fri like they did with Brawl and Wii U/3DS

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I do think Doom Slayer has a chance in smash Doom sells allot more than Skyrim and Doom getting a sequel. Doom did appear in NES. Doom Slayer will be the Master Chief. And Sakurai will figure a way to tune down Doom Slayer characteristic it happen with Snake and Bayonetta. Doom is one of my favorite Top Switch game.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It makes a lot of sense for BOTW Link to have updated bombs via the rune design. Same with using one of the actual Boomerangs from BOTW. It's easy to update without outright changing his moveset.
If that means we get rid of the dumb Gale Boomerang already, I'm into that idea.

On that note, if some veterans are to receive a revamp, or at least a revision, I hope they do a better job than what Brawl did with Mario and Link.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If that means we get rid of the dumb Gale Boomerang already, I'm into that idea.

On that note, if some veterans are to receive a revamp, or at least a revision, I hope they do a better job than what Brawl did with Mario and Link.
I think it's time for Kirby to get new specials.There are so many Kirby abilities. I'd love to see Cleaning Kirby as a down tilt and Mike Kirby needs to be the Final Smash.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So, in today's episode of "4chan leak of the day"
Multiple thread are saying that....Spider-man....Of all people...Would be the surprise reveal in smash.

Okay- let's play a game. What would be your reaction if it was indeed real?

Regardless, I think I would be indifferent to the idea, but I would be disgruntled by the ensuing Shrek/Goku fans believing that it adds credence to their own cause.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Using a math estimate of series sales, critical acclaim, amount of appearances, doability, recognizability, etc. who are the 15 MOST DESERVING ALL STAR characters to add to Smash 5? Some ideas I have are Dixie Kong, Ridley, Tom Nook, Isabelle, Ice Climbers, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, King K. Rool, Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade, and Isaac from Golden Sun. I don't like flavor of the week characters like Decidueye because they will be obscure and underserving in a few years. Who else? In particular, I want to look at unrepped Nintendo series in the same vein as Splatoon and Golden Sun, but nobody seems to rank them in deservingness. Check the sales for unrepped Nintendo franchises, and rank them!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Do you guys think the Monster Hunter could be a playable character?
A Monster Hunter strikes me as someone who'd likely be a DLC character just like they were in MVCI - however I think it's a pretty plausible idea if you ask me, especially when we've seen them work in a fighting game before. Monster Hunter's had a pretty solid growth since it's inception, and there have been plenty of MonHun games on Nintendo platforms to make it feel close to Nintendo. Even though World's unlikely coming to the Switch and it's got Generations XX instead, given how successful and well-received World's been, I think Capcom would probably sau "Hey Sakurai! Let's add Monster Hunter to Smash Bros!"

Not to mention the Mii Costumes as well.

There's one downside to the Monster Hunter.

They're not Phoenix Wright. :p

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As someone who actually prefers Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy, I would love nothing more than to see a Dragon Quest rep. Getting into Smash would help give the series the exposure it deserves in the west, plus its time to see Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy crossover (without property buying elements)

The 3 Dragon Quest reps that realistically stand a chance are:
Erdrick (Loto in Japan): The hero of Dragon Quest III and a major character in the lore of Dragon Quest I and II. He's considered the face of NES Dragon Quest, and would thusly make sense in a Nintendo game. Dragon Quest III is also when the series really came into its own and solidified a lot of gameplay elements that would make the series iconic. Additionally, Dragon Quest III is tied with VII for the best selling game in the series and is the most well-loved in Japan, coming in at 3rd on Famitsu's top 100 games list.

Eight: The hero of Dragon Quest VIII and my preferred choice for a DQ rep. Dragon Quest VIII is the best selling DQ game in the west and its tied with III for the second best selling game in the series. It is also critically acclaimed, being 4th on Famitsu's top 100 games list. Additionally, Dragon Quest VIII's 3DS remake was DQ's most recent mainline release between Smash 4's release and the project plan Without showing my bias too much, he also has the most moveset potential of the realistic candidates: Using swords, spears, boomerangs, spells, and fisticuffs.

Slime: The face of Dragon Quest and the series' popular character. Name a product and there's a good chance its been released with a slime design. Slimes appear in every Dragon Quest game, often as the first enemy the player fights with many variants appearing throughout the game. Slime's biggest hurdle is a lack of moveset potential, as he's effectively the Goomba of Dragon Quest. If he were to get in, his moveset would mostly be based around summoning other Dragon Quest monsters or things he does in Rocket Slime (a popular spinoff).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
After playing as Slime in Mario Sports Mix, I'm also convinced he would be able to stretch his body into a few different shapes.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Using a math estimate of series sales, critical acclaim, amount of appearances, doability, recognizability, etc. who are the 15 MOST DESERVING ALL STAR characters to add to Smash 5? Some ideas I have are Dixie Kong, Ridley, Tom Nook, Isabelle, Ice Climbers, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, King K. Rool, Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade, and Isaac from Golden Sun. I don't like flavor of the week characters like Decidueye because they will be obscure and underserving in a few years. Who else? In particular, I want to look at unrepped Nintendo series in the same vein as Splatoon and Golden Sun, but nobody seems to rank them in deservingness. Check the sales for unrepped Nintendo franchises, and rank them!
I think Baby Mario is one. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was a popular game and Baby Mario appears in countless spin off titles. A Baby fighter would bring a lot of personality. We need him and the return of Pichu.
baby.PNG

I'd like to see some more deviations of preexisting veterans in addition to some totally unique newcomers. A mixture of both this time around would be nice.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I think Baby Mario is one. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was a popular game and Baby Mario appears in countless spin off titles. A Baby fighter would bring a lot of personality. We need him and the return of Pichu.

I'd like to see some more deviations of preexisting veterans in addition to some totally unique newcomers. A mixture of both this time around would be nice.
Pair him up with Baby Luigi for an Ice Climber-type duo and consider me on board. Imagine exactly what they could accomplish. Maybe pull a few moves from Partners in Time, perhaps?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
There's some flaws here;
Ganondorf is all about "Power" and actually has artwork of him about to punch Link in OOT's settings. This is literally his Forward Air.
Lucina is a fair point, but she was going to be an alt anyway due to the same body shape, which is why the clone thing happens. The body shapes needs to be the same. Any clone could work as an alternate costume due to this, but aren't for many reasons(one being records only apply to different characters in their own slots, due to some programming quirk, the other is he believes different movesets justifies their own slots).
Dark Pit literally is a carbon copy of Pit physically. He can use different weapons. And he does, especially in his Final Smash. It's why he doesn't work as an alternate costume. He wouldn't be caught dead using the Three Sacred Treasures. He also uses an actual different arm and a different actual bow. Only the Orbitars are the same item, and his Up B... is just different colors. He does have differences in what he uses. Obviously this is really different in gameplay much, or sometimes at all. But what you said isn't that accurate.
Young Link does in Majora's Mask. His basic stage added is Great Bay as well. From Majora's Mask. He's still OOT-based, but it's not unfounded. However, the trophies treat him as the Link from the original Zelda game, which explains why he uses the Bow. Regular Link had the Boomerang in Smash 64 as well, as he was more a combination of multiple Links and was designed to represent their most iconic arsenal(Bow, Bomb, Arrows, Spin Attack). OOT was just his model. He's still based upon OOT, but not entirely.

Lucina is one I can agree felt like she was done wrong. But that's the only one truly it. Ganondorf wasn't going to even get in without the clone thing.

"
Ganondorf was a very lucky character [to get in].

To be honest, I had no plans to bring Ganondorf to Smash, but because of various convenient circumstances, he was able to join the fight.

(I received the model, the traits were clearly defined, the body proportions matched Captain Falcon, and above else his popularity was high.)"

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/11/melee-ganondorf/ Basically? He may not have gotten into Brawl either. While it's possible, if the tech demo never happened, there wouldn't be nearly as much of an outcry for him(mostly due to him being a clone). Maybe we would've gotten Toon Ganondorf instead. Maybe something else could've happened. We don't know. We just know he was lucky to get in due to being able to be a clone in the first place. His chances were pretty low beyond that.
Young Link is a strange mix-match from OoT and MM when all they had to do was give him a full Majora's design. Change his items to their Majora's versions and it makes perfect sense for him to use them.
Ganondorf being all about "power" means little. Imagine if Ganondorf never got in, and people argued that he could be a Falcon clone because of proportions? That wouldn't fly anywhere. People would argue that he obviously uses magic, floats and has a sword or a trident to represent past Ganons. (I don't want to get more into Zelda because I could write an essay on why Smash treats Zelda like ****.) It's the same thing with many visually similar characters like Funky and Dark Samus. Yes, obviously they have stuff that sets them apart as unique, but that means nothing if they're getting as clones for X or Y reasons. It's totally possible for Dark Samus to get in as a clone with Phazon-colored Screw Attack/Missiles/Charge Shot/etc.

The problem with Dark Pit it's that him being a total clone is a disservice to his character in Uprising. It might seem like it fits, with him being a literal clone, but a good part of his character is trying to set himself apart. Should've explained that better.

All I wanted to say is that whatever "logic" we come up with, the Smash team might have an entirely different view of the character, specially if they're going to be clones. Thinking that it doesn't make sense for them to be a certain way is a recipe for disaster. I guess this can apply to all speculation in general. Who would've seen a puppeteer Rosalina, stat changing Shulk and cart Jr. coming? I actually dismissed the original text leak because of stat changing Shulk. It made no sense, but here we are.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure the main villain of Zelda would have gotten into brawl with a magic based moveset, playing tennis in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom