• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I've heard about Simon Belmont before, but I've never played Castlevania before any of them so Simon's rumored inclusion into Smash wouldn't really hype me up as much as it would other people.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we only get two newcomers at E3 (three if you count Inkling), then I think we should seriously reconsider just how many newcomers we're even getting at all. With E3 being by far the biggest event before release, and there being at most half a year between it and release, and possibly less, I find it very doubtful they'd only reveal two if we were to get the same amount as in Brawl or Smash 4.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we only get two newcomers at E3 (three if you count Inkling), then I think we should seriously reconsider just how many newcomers we're even getting at all. With E3 being by far the biggest event before release, and there being at most half a year between it and release, and possibly less, I find it very doubtful they'd only reveal two if we were to get the same amount as in Brawl or Smash 4.
Unless this is an updated port, then this would make sense. Also, many newcomers could be smaller fries than ones like Ridley(who is actually a far bigger deal due to the controversy) and a 3rd party. DLC also might be something thought about early on, so they're trying not to rush new characters out the door.

We also don't know when this entirely started development. We are just aware that Namco-Bandai might be involved(it wasn't outright confirmed by the twitter person, moreso that it seems like they were telling the truth), and that Sakurai has been working on it for a long time.

Plus, the leak just knows of a few characters, not all.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah I doubt they'll just open the floodgates for the majority of newcomers on day one of the game's reveal. They gotta fill the gaps until the game releases with something, after all. Two or three at E3 sounds about right.
That does mean we'll probably get newcomers at a pretty fast rate, though. Which is exciting.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
inb4 a good portion of the newcomers are unlockable characters, hence why we won't see so many pre release
I don't think they would go in that direction. Last game only two of the planned newcomers were unlockable: Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt.

I think developers got that unlockables aren't much big of a deal for most people but still keeping it around for fans who still like them.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Don’t know if you guys saw this yet so I thought I would just post. It’s an e3 leak

Intro trailer showing Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA 19, NBA 2K19, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, OctopathTraveller and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Super Smash Bros – Developed by Bandai Namco

Punch Out!! Become the Champion – Developed by Next Level Games

Metroid Prime: Renegade – Developed by Bandai Namco

Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion

Fire Emblem Memories – Developed by Intelligent Systems

Fallout 3 Anniversary – Developed by Bethesda

Yoshi’s Flipping Island – Developed by Good-Feel

Pokemon Lets GO! Pikachu and Eevee Editions – Developed by Game Freak

F-Zero SX – Developed by Platinum Games

Fortnite – Developed by Epic Games

Star Fox Lylat System – Developed by Retro Studios

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Don’t know if you guys saw this yet so I thought I would just post. It’s an e3 leak

Intro trailer showing Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA 19, NBA 2K19, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, OctopathTraveller and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

That leak isn't worth talking about, it's so obviously fake.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm loving all the different Yoshi game names. It's my favorite part of any leak, seeing what people try and come up with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think they would go in that direction. Last game only two of the planned newcomers were unlockable: Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt.

I think developers got that unlockables aren't much big of a deal for most people but still keeping it around for fans who still like them.
Smash 4 had quite a few characters to unlock regardless of which version. This doesn't much suggest anything, or even if the leak is right an we don't get reveals outside of e3 since that was all that was meant to be shown then, it won't tell us who is unlockable or not.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
That leak was from the supposed Prsenttion schedule wasn't it? There was also a Treehouse timetable that went along with it which was a load of nonsense. The schedule said they would do a trailer and go through and hour of Links Awakening 3D in less than 40 minutes, which makes no sense.

There also no way they'll use a title with Flipping in it.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
That leak was from the supposed Prsenttion schedule wasn't it? There was also a Treehouse timetable that went along with it which was a load of nonsense. The schedule said they would do a trailer and go through and hour of Links Awakening 3D in less than 40 minutes, which makes no sense.

There also no way they'll use a title with Flipping in it.
My cousin sent me this in a text while I was sleeping. I’m assuming he put the flipping in. He’s a Yoshi fan.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Didn't the other installments have good music, too?

Also, Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears must appear if true.

And also Simon's theme, because Simon.

But what is a soundtrack? A miserable pile of songs. But enough of this speculation. Have at you!
Hey buddy, you forgot these tunes

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
As much as I like this rumor, Veregeben is a load of BS. His leak on MVCI DLC are completely wack.

I don't see Capcom doing anymore DLC for MVCI
I don't know that much about his track record, but based on the Smash post alone, he has multiple sources, so he could have some that are correct and some that aren't.

D

Deleted member

So this Ridley talk is interesting..
I feel like you all have quite high hopes for Ridley, but I could see Sakurai just pulling the "Ridley is too big card".
If Ridley does make it in, we should all celebrate. I am not against Ridley, but I just do not see him that likely.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice

I've already seen the name Fire Emblem Memories in a satirical E3 "leak" with Mother 4, Xenoblade XX, Xenoblade 3, Undertale 2, Yoshi's Island Taxes Story (for the 4DS) and 1,2,3,Switch

As if it wasn't obviously fake already it's recycling a name from a joke. It was absolutely worth reading for the chuckle I got out of Yoshi's Flipping Island, though.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So this Ridley talk is interesting..
I feel like you all have quite high hopes for Ridley, but I could see Sakurai just pulling the "Ridley is too big card".
If Ridley does make it in, we should all celebrate. I am not against Ridley, but I just do not see him that likely.
I don't have high hopes for anything to be honest.

I half-expected Ridley after the whole "Ultimate Smash game" leak.

And now another guy comes in who apparently has leaked stuff in the past correctly and he says Ridley is playable.

If Sakurai wanted to get Smash fans hyped who would be a character even more exciting than Wolf? Ridley.

I could really see him doing it this time around.

Last edited:

Triangles

Smash Rookie
If Simon does end up in the game, then I can't wait to see the Captain N reunion with Simon, Pit, and Mega Man!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I find it really lame about the idea of not very many unlockables. The roster is getting bigger and what's not as fun as unlocking more characters? Should maybe have a mode where it should ask us if we prefer to have unlockable characters unlocked form the start or not to give players who wants them unlocked a chance to really play the game.

KingBroly

Smash Lord

They're not doing 2 racing games at E3. It's one or the other. And Fallout 3? Really?

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, Liam Robertson said on his podcast that his sources are telling him that Smash is planned for release in October.

Makes sense, Pokemon Let's Go will for sure be the November title.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Apparently, Liam Robertson said on his podcast that his sources are telling him that Smash is planned for release in October.
They're going to release it when Switch's Paid Online goes up. Right now, that's September. They're not missing that date.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yoshi's Flipping Island should be the name of an M Rated Yoshi game where Yoshi finally gets tired of Baby Mario's crying and just starts cursing up a storm and not giving a crap. It'd be his Conker's Bad Fur Day.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Sad thing is, names for Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem is actually pretty cool.

and maybe Star Fox

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I was JUST thinking to myself yesterday how sweet Simon Belmont would be in Smash Bros and listening to badass remixes of Vampire Killer and Simons Theme. Completley forgot about him on my ideal roster. And now rumors start popping up about him actually being in the game over night?

...Man, I gotta start daydreaming about my Smash Bros wishlist a lot more!

Also if Simon is in the game please bring Snake with him Daddy Sakurai

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This sounds like a nice roster surprise and God I hope this "no cut" leak is true just so the people who think Cloud is dead gone shut up tbvh.

Also on another subject, about the reveal in general. Would you like if we get a big reveal at E3 for the initial information, and another big bomb (like another guest or heavy requested Characters) right next to the release?

Smash4 was kinda disapointing for the last two reveal for me- Bowser.JR and Duck Hunt being meehhish as a last bullet- reveal

osby

Smash Obsessed
This sounds like a nice roster surprise and God I hope this "no cut" leak is true just so the people who think Cloud is dead gone shut up tbvh.

Also on another subject, about the reveal in general. Would you like if we get a big reveal at E3 for the initial information, and another big bomb (like another guest or heavy requested Characters) right next to the release?

Smash4 was kinda disapointing for the last two reveal for me- Bowser.JR and Duck Hunt being meehhish as a last bullet- reveal
I don't think "best for the last" is really practical for character reveals. If there are characters that can make people buy the game, it's better to reveal them earlier so people can save money or preorder.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I thought Bowser Jr. was a pretty big deal. At the very least, he was a bigger deal than the last few Nintendo newcomers formally announced for Smash (Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Shulk). Duck Hunt wasn't all that exciting, but they definitely surprised us with that character.

Anyway, I think it's better if most of the bigger reveals are shown off in the very beginning. Even though I like the idea of "saving the best for last", I don't think a tactic like that would work very well for Smash. At the most, I'd save one big reveal right before the game officially launches.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Id like a nice bombshell near launch, but Im not sure it will happen. I think Sakurai will feel inclined to drop big new 3rd parties and megaton Nintendo characters at E3 so they get the most spotlight, and save the more obscure characters for the directs or trailers near launch (Your Takumaru kind of characters)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Interesting. I guess it's all relative.

Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr ended up being the only Nintendo Newcomers I cared about so they saved the roster for me.

Plus Jr. came with 8 player Smash, and as someone who has more than three local friends this pretty much saved the entire hype of the game for me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I thought Bowser Jr. was a pretty big deal. At the very least, he was a bigger deal than the last few Nintendo newcomers formally announced for Smash (Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Shulk). Duck Hunt wasn't all that exciting, but they definitely surprised us with that character.

Anyway, I think it's better if most of the bigger reveals are shown off in the very beginning. Even though I like the idea of "saving the best for last", I don't think a tactic like that would work very well for Smash. At the most, I'd save one big reveal right before the game officially launches.
I distinctly remember back in the day when the August 2014 leak was called into question for various reasons, but Duck Hunt dog was a big one. He was a meme at the time, so everyone thought it was a big joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom