• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You shut your mouth, Team Hmmm has plenty of fun. Does other teams have staples, hmmm?
I know fun when I see it, and team hmmm seems too cautious to be fun.
You can still be cautious and have fun though, sure. Just wear one of the Team Tea hats and you'll be the life of your indecisive party.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
If the leak is fake I will donate $5 to whoever made it so they can go on to have an exciting career as a super mega genius.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do you guys think we're gonna reach a boiling point where more info is gonna come out either in favor of or against this leak? Or do you think we'll be stuck in limbo until the next direct?
I hope everyone here's good at playing limbo, because I'm 99% sure that's what will be happening for the next couple of weeks.

Someone please do a photoshop pic like with the tug of war one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys think we're gonna reach a boiling point where more info is gonna come out either in favor of or against this leak? Or do you think we'll be stuck in limbo until the next direct?
Limbo for 2 weeks until the final direct, unless a 3rd leak comes out with the same roster, or an equally credible and similarly difficult to debunk leak comes out with a contradicting roster comes up, sparking new debate over which is real.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fun fact.

There is legitimately a tub of popcorn within proximity to me.
Right.
And this isn't some attempt to elevate me with a soap box or make myself seam like I'm above anyone else by saying it either. Far from.
We're all equals here.

But we all also have reasons to be in this thread, and mine is because I treat it like a good visual novel kind of. Fun. Dramatic, yet still intractable. Like Danganronpa. By the way, it's almost time for the Class Trial.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m on Team “I’m Not Sure” myself... there’s just too much conflicting info at this point

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone compared backgrounds yet to see if there are any slight changes in the areas we can see? And is it a possibility that the background of the character banner is different than on the empty banner?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The latter unfortunately. If real, I don't think we'll be getting anything definitive in the mean time, just more supportive evidence. If fake, the faker's probably going to keep this train going until the direct debunks it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My actual stance on it depends on who is asking.
Though, for the sake of conversation, you can treat me as if I am leaning heavily towards the leak being real.
Even if I don't necessarily feel that way, I feel discourse can be a bit more interesting on this end.

But as far as I care, we're all on the same team that's trying to figure the truth out anyway.
Shame we won't actually know for weeks :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone was picking teams yesterday when I was drinking one.
It's the team you pick when you're not heavily leaning either way (for any reason), but you're more fun than team "hmmmm". Or, you lean one of the ways, and you're more fun than team real or team fake.
In that case, you've convinced me. Team Arizona Green Team it is. I come from the land of rattlesnakes and the burning sun, and thus Arizona Tea is the drink of me and my brethren. Besides joking around beats just being confused all the time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Right.
And this isn't some attempt to elevate me with a soap box or make myself seam like I'm above anyone else by saying it either. Far from.
We're all equals here.
Unfortunately, the popcorn isn't mine.
But we all also have reasons to be in this thread, and mine is because I treat it like a good visual novel kind of. Fun. Dramatic, yet still intractable. Like Danganronpa. By the way, it's almost time for the Class Trial.
*starts waxing poetic for no good reason while riding an elevator*

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
It is possible that any background differences are just because its made for something small so the background details aren't that, well, detailed.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Has anyone compared backgrounds yet to see if there are any slight changes in the areas we can see? And is it a possibility that the background of the character banner is different than on the empty banner?
Yes there has been. There are a decent number of changes in the background, but Team Real argue it is possible for Nintendo to change the art so we are still unsure.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Soo...I think the better question for all of us is, who is on Team Fake? Because it seems most are either cautiously optimistic, 100% real, or completely brain-frozen over this. I'm not seeing many detractors at all.

Are you guys sleeping in after your hard fought battle yesterday?:p

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Before I get into a longer post, can I request a change in the poll? I know we just changed it like this week, but clearly we are all distracted with something else :p need to know who is team what!

Now a longer post about papagenos papagenos newest video from last night
So I finally got around to watching his "credible source" video (I wanted to get some good sleep first lol). First off I want to appreciate the kind of "insider" he is. Maybe it's just because he posts here so often or maybe because I remember watching one of his first videos, but he doesn't feel like this weird higher power like some other "insiders" try to appear to be. Not only that but his videos have tried to actual add to the conversation instead of just "it's probably fake because things that others have already said". So thanks papagenos papagenos !

But after watching his video I wouldn't be surprised if our final roster was a frakenstein monster of this leak, Vergeben's leak and insider information. I thought this because of what he said about his source being confident about Incineroar and Banjo, but only knowing about the other characters, but not being able to confirm them. I think it's totally a possibility we get Ken & Incineroar and only some of the banner leak but not all (Banjo&Kazooie and maybe Geno??)

Honestly this is a realistic viewpoint I can stand behind. I'm really interested in the end how much leak bait Nintendo actually put out there...oh and yea I'm almost positive the first dlc character will be announced at VGA (proabbbbly Sora).

Also side note, I want to add to the pile of appreciation of vaanrose vaanrose analysis. I think too many are just throwing it away. I think it's very possible this banner could be fake, but still have characters in the game on it. And that's kind of the stance I'm taking.

Tldr - Adding to the list of all the teams - Team Frankenstein's Leak where the final roster will take pieces from the Grinch leak, Vergeben and "insider" info.

Sorry if this has all be discussed already :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm sure this is going according to Sakurai's plan.
As long as the cutscenes aren't leaked, he will be mostly fine.

1540468220712.png

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Soo...I think the better question for all of us is, who is on Team Fake? Because it seems most are either cautiously optimistic, 100% real, or completely brain-frozen over this. I'm not seeing many detractors at all.

Are you guys sleeping in after your hard fought battle yesterday?:p
thats because its hard to be on 'team fake', the whole thing is convincing. I'm trying really hard to find why it could be fake but all my reasons are outweighed by the positives for it being real.

I'm team real only because of Occam's razor - simplest option is the correct option.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If it wasn't so silly-dramatic it'd be harder to treat it like a soap opera. You've seen how absolutely mad some people have gotten in here. Mad as in crazy.
And I wouldn't stop that from happening, because I can't.

In fact, sometimes I use the desperation arguments here as part of my basis for one of my "guesses" haha
You want entertainment, you just need to see the Shantae thread on a regular basis, since that gets emotional regardless of what happens.

Yes there has been. There are a decent number of changes in the background, but Team Real argue it is possible for Nintendo to change the art so we are still unsure.
Before we had people see characters in the clouds, now there's assumption that the clouds have moved...

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if we'll get a new trailer similar to the Everyone is Here! trailer, but for these newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom