• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
May I ask why?
Wouldn't late October be even more realistic than earlier?
"October Direct! Playlist updated and NEW is gone! Ten days!"

"Okay, not this week, but NEXT week for sure!"

"....maybe late October?"

I've given up on October completely. November makes sense at this point and I'll expect it then.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Smash Snake can't be Solid Snake! He has Naked Snake's face and Solid Snake's body! It's weird!
i will die on a hill for Snake/Otacon don't worry
Yeah, true, but...he talks with all of Solid's buddies. It's a nice little way of representing up to 3.
Though yeah he is an abomination...but that's our Snake!

Also, good!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Trust me, you don't wanna see. You think you wanna see, but you don't. Mellowy, you shouldn't have shown me, but you did, so now I'm tellin you, you don't wanna see
Too late. They saw from the screenshot a few posts up

rip their sanity

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, true, but...he talks with all of Solid's buddies. It's a nice little way of representing up to 3.
Though yeah he is an abomination...but that's our Snake!

Also, good!
I love Smash Snake so much. He's so inaccurate in every way and yet he references the first four MGS games in turn. I wish we at least got an Old Snake skin since that's my favorite but c'est la vie. I love him anyway.

Heck you could argue his new suit in Ultimate resembles Iroquois Plisken and even has Metal Gear 1 and 2 vibes. It's neat.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I love Smash Snake so much. He's so inaccurate in every way and yet he references the first four MGS games in turn. I wish we at least got an Old Snake skin since that's my favorite but c'est la vie. I love him anyway.

Heck you could argue his new suit in Ultimate resembles Iroquois Plisken and even has Metal Gear 1 and 2 vibes. It's neat.
Old Snake skin can still come. We didn't see Yoshi's alt costume for a good while.

link2702

Smash Champion
Because the pros who make money don't want to move on to a new game there's a chance they'll flop at. Because the pool of characters they need to get good and practice against is so much smaller. Because there's no epic wavedashing in Ultimate or glitches that give advantage in general. Because they've invested 10 years in the game for whatever reason and don't want to let go.

I said "I HOPE it will end Melee" not that it will.
I hope when you’re saying “glitches” you’re not referring to l-cancelling, because if so just an FYI l-cancelling was intentional. It was in smash 64, it was in Melee.

I don’t get this huge Melee hate some folks have, it’s also almost always followed by major amounts of misinformation about the game or huge exaggerations on certain things. I could understand if someone doesn’t like it, but it often feels like some folks have this massive vendetta against it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I hope when you’re saying “glitches” you’re not referring to l-cancelling, because if so just an FYI l-cancelling was intentional. It was in smash 64, it was in Melee.

I don’t get this huge Melee hate some folks have, it’s also almost always followed by major amounts of misinformation about the game or huge exaggerations on certain things. I could understand if someone doesn’t like it, but it often feels like some folks have this massive vendetta against it.
Said on the page before I was being overtly bitter, I'm just tired of competitive Melee is all. It's very much a good game and I've got great memories of it, it just really bores me. If you enjoy Melee most of all, I'm glad for you, as it's a wonderful game, just not my cup of tea in a competitive sense.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
For a while I've expected early November. Just makes sense to have an info packed smash focused direct a month before to center the final stretch of promotion around about a month before the release

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think that he was always supposed to be slower in any form.
Yeah, I know, but I'm pretty sure it was still the same speed as Mario's in Smash 4.

In Smash 4, Mario's forward throw is so fast that it's kinda hard to notice the motions of it, but in Doc's character traler, the motion of the throw look not only slower, but also less stiff. It definitely looks better. Though I'm not sure how much it's actually changed.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
*notices panel on the right* Lovin how many people include Geno in their fake leaks these days xD
Close enough to Vergeben leak to be credible, big enough name to produce hype, but also uncertain enough to make people think perhaps this is a real leak.

And then you remember the fact all fake leaks have Geno in them and all that goes out the window.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I didn't say that. Doesn't change the fact that killing is still present, and something religious people would be against in the first place. Now, just drop the topic, okay? It has gone on for long enough.

So, if I may ask you guys, who do you think will be your least favorite newcomer?
Inklings because they aren't cute to me, they just look weird. Their series appeal is totally lost on me and while they absolutely earned their place in Smash I'm sick of every Direct having like five minutes dedicated to Splatoon. And also Chrom because Chrom is boring and just hammers in how messed up FE representation in Smash is. I really wish Sakurai had stood his ground on not including him.
Man, if only Ridley swapped places with one of the mii fighters. Then I'd have no issues with that.
This is completely unrelated, but who is that character in your signature?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Page 5666?
It's my time.

I HAVE ARISIN FROM THE SINS OF THE POSTERS
YOU MAY CALL ME A N D R A X I S EATER OF PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE TO STOP DOING SOMETHING BUT IN DOING SO PERPETUATE THE CYCLE

OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "VERGEBEN #667"
I HAVE NEWS FROM THE NETHER REALMS

*cough* sorry, I mean NetherRealm. As in NetherRealm Studios. Something about Scorpion I guess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder if Verg will in fact say something new soon...doesn’t he get info like every two months or so?

D

Deleted member

I do believe late October is still possible, but then again, who knows, lol. I never get Direct predictions right. :p

The only thing I feel confident in is that they're not gonna go past the first full week of November. If they do, I'm gonna honestly be floored, especially when preload will probably go live by then.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Inklings because they aren't cute to me, they just look weird. Their series appeal is totally lost on me and while they absolutely earned their place in Smash I'm sick of every Direct having like five minutes dedicated to Splatoon. And also Chrom because Chrom is boring and just hammers in how messed up FE representation in Smash is. I really wish Sakurai had stood his ground on not including him.

This is completely unrelated, but who is that character in your signature?
Next Direct: Looking for news on Metroid Prime 4? Pikmin 4 perhaps? Here's Yet Another Splatoon Update.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Close enough to Vergeben leak to be credible, big enough name to produce hype, but also uncertain enough to make people think perhaps this is a real leak.

And then you remember the fact all fake leaks have Geno in them and all that goes out the window.
And that fake leakers are idiots ignorant, narcissistic fools who want to look smart and worthy of attention, but shoot themselves in the foot by not realizing that leakers are idiots. Seriously, what sort of warped, malfunctional risk-reward thought matrix does a person need to not realize that losing one's job isn't worth being an E-list celebrity online? Anyone who actually deserves the notoriety they could gain by releasing a genuine leak (read: has the necessary inside knowledge to actually be a genuine leaker instead of a rumormonger pretending to be a leaker) is in a position where they don't want that notoriety if they have even the tiniest shred of common sense, because that notoriety will inevitably lead to their employers learning of what they did and firing them (and possibly even suing them, like what happened to the ESRB leak guy). Losing one's job cuts off one's income and reduces one's quality of life. Being involved in a lawsuit costs money, reducing one's ability to procure basic life necessities, pursue hobbies, and acquire luxuries, thus being a further reduction to quality of life. Online notoriety does not improve one's quality of life. Releasing a genuine leak is therefore an action that is not worthwhile to take, as it carries great risk and cost, but no gain. This is not difficult math for anyone who has graduated from middle school, but it is apparently ridiculously difficult math for attention whores blindly pursuing online "glory".

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And that fake leakers are idiots who want to look smart but shoot themselves in the foot by realizing that leakers are idiots. Seriously, what sort of warped, malfunctional risk-reward thought matrix does a person need to not realize that losing one's job isn't worth being an E-list celebrity online?
Not to mention that even if you were willing to take the risk of losing your job, your fame would really be short lived, and not so big in the end. Plus, since you lost your job over leaking it, you'd probably get some negative reception from people too in the sense that they think you did something stupid over something not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom