• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"You're a clone, you're a clone, you're a clone! Are there anymore clones I should know about?!"
:ultmewtwo: - [meow]

“I’m outta here.”

:troll:

IS THIS REAL
Yeeeeaaaaah I’m calling fake. If it’s a trailer you’d think they’d come up with a creative tag line instead of just “HEY LOOK WERE NAMING THIS CHARACTER’S TRAILER AFTER THE CHARACTER SHOWCASED IN IT”

Last edited:
You say that but you seem to come in every time I bring it up.

I also don't get this "credibility in a vacuum" thing. If he's made mistakes and gotten things wrong with other games, why do we just forget that now? He's gotten some things right here. That doesn't change his track record. Heck, maybe you could say he's improved if he hadn't gotten things wrong in other instances only a few months prior (still waiting on my two Castlevania games)

See, the problem with the Smash community is that, after Brawl, people lost all sense of skepticism. It's even to the point where people don't like when you doubt something. For every one thing that has been right, 50 have been wrong. It's gotten so bad that people are using the word "leak" instead of "rumor." The thing is you should be skeptical. Here you have a guy who, sure, has gotten a lot of stuff right but historically has gotten things wrong, He's gotten things wrong about other games so obviously he hasn't improved. Who's to say he's not doing what he's done before? Heck, why should I believe him on his word alone.

What I've told others is you should doubt what he says and if it come true, cool. He's so shoddy that it could go either way. But people drink it up without doubt. Heck, GameFAQs at least questions it. Here, it's listen and believe. There, I gave your comments more that it deserved.
Sorry but if you're still questioning Verg at this point I think it's best you take a break from speculation because most of everyone else has already accepted it

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
[
So here's why I think Dixie Kong is more likely to be an Echo than a Semi-Clone or Unique:

It all has to do with one single thing: the Skeletons. Not the October spooky kind, but the actual model of the characters to base off of. All of the Echoes are easily able to be implemented into another character's skeleton given some slight adjustments for things like height. However, I find that something that causes disjoints can just kinda **** everything over, which is how I think Isabelle ended up differently. Her limbs are shorter than Villager, and that would make for some wonky animations and hitboxes, which even if a move is different, those similar moves should have the same hitbox. If it doesn't look right because of the character model itself, it's more worthwhile to make her her own character rather to spend extra time tackling this extra problem when the former solution is just as time consuming.

Dixie Kong is pretty much a girl Diddy Kong. Put on a ponytail instead of a tail, put on a beret, lipstick and gum that up, and there isn't much needed left. It's easy, it's simple, and it saves production time.

Isabelle is an odd one out. If anything, that decreases Dixie's likelihood than increases it. And don't even say "it's not in her character!!!" or "b-b-but she doesn't do that in the dk games sakurai would never!!!", because I'm gonna take you hostage and make you play Metroid Prime 2 and 3 :ultdarksamus:.
Nope the ponytail is the key element to her character, it's not something that can be ignored. You're not changing my views on this and many others agree on this poll.

https://smashboards.com/threads/pol...-unique-fighter-instead.458042/#post-22502119
I'm not even sure if she'll make the base at this point.

If she's dlc then that might give her more of a chance to be a semi clone.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
IS THIS REAL
I wish the site's stability is real.

[
Nope the ponytail is the key element to her character, it's not something that can be ignored. You're not changing my views on this, I'm not even sure if she'll make the base at this point.
:4darkpit: I wish you happy bliss if you think Sakurai cares for heavy elements of character and just won't ignore it. :ganondorfmelee:

Last edited:
It should be noted that I believe someone said it was around 2 weeks since the NEW banner was removed before getting the (originally planned) Nintendo Direct. Likewise, the person claiming to be following the Youtube playlist said it was roughly 10 days since it was updated before reveals, I believe. So by "soon" I'm thinking in 10-14 days.
It's already been two days so that leaves 8 days left

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
"You're a clone, you're a clone, you're a clone! Are there anymore clones I should know about?!"
I mean, with all the Double Cherry shenanigans that goes on in Mario 3D World, I dont think we can definitely prove Mario, Luigi, Peach and Rosalina are not clones too...

And dont even get me started on the other Pokemon reps...

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
Best timeline: direct announcement tomorrow, news thursday

Other timeline: Nintendo announces a direct before finals at Big House

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I legit can't even see what's supposed to be 'real'. It's a broken image on my end.
When I was replying to the message saying it was broken, it popped up for me.
A very cropped photo of a Youtube video for Incineroar being the 69th character. EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sakurai said he would slow down with the reveals, but we will get one very soon.

He lied, and he probably lied with the "there are just a few characters left".

I'm now expecting 100 more newcomers.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The term semi-clone is pretty silly at this point considering the only characters who "own" that term are pretty much unique aside from their specials being sorta similar in some cases.

But Isabelle being considered one kinda baffles me, yeah she gets Pocket and her Balloon recovery is rather similar but... She's completely unique otherwise.
Isabelle also has Villager's Final Smash, dash attack (just with a vase instead of a plant pot), his grab, and at least his back throw, while we still also haven't seen much of her standard moves (including all her aerials besides nair), with the chances being she has more of Villager's moves. Plus she still has the Loid Rocket (just used in a different capacity). We also have no idea what her movement specs and physics will be like, which could very well be similar to Villager's values. With the current information she looks to be at least a Lucas-level semi-clone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The "female villain" theory is LITERALLY just someone wanting a character in the game and coming up with a "theory" because they for some reason think that'll make the character in the game.
I know, right?

That being said, let me tell you about the "Fire Emblem Lord Who Shares Her Name With a Type of Toyota" Theory...

D

Deleted member

I just found out that Intern-kun ****ed up the name of who arranged the Tomodachi Life remix and it's actually Masafumi Takada, not Masashi.
Whoever is running that site needs to get fired man lmao

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I checked the Smash website and came across the usual music update. ...Look. Tomodachi Life was actual fire, and I'm pretty sure every single copy that was sold was because of Vinny from Vinesauce playing the game, which practically became an actual soap opera.

But... C-Can a brother get a EarthBound or Xenoblade remix? WARIOWORLD REMIX??

thank god we have 350+ more tracks to go at least
Don't worry, the Xenoblade music will come next Wednesday when they reveal Elma.

;)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Am I the only one that gets constantly sent to ****ing Amazon on this site?
Adblockers are your friend. Seriously I got those iPhone X redirect ads on mobile so much it wasn’t funny

Install an adblocker app and my problems just vanish

I know, right?

That being said, let me tell you about the "Fire Emblem Lord Who Shares Her Name With a Type of Toyota" Theory...
I’ll do you one better - the “Xenoblade Character Who Shares Her Name With A Character From Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid” theory

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mario is one of the most popular Nintendo characters.
This is a crossover primarily between Nintendo characters.
I dare you to disprove the Mario theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom