• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ken is 100 percent confirmed, no chance that leak is fake even the mistakes in the stage such as the lighting bugs are present.

I guess that means no skull kid or Geno. Fair enough
Don't count them out just yet

We got DLC to consider and they're popular picks. Meanwhile I'm trying to get rid of all of my anxiety for the AT characters

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wait what? I thought it was great, much more dynamic than just 5 scales of Easy to Insane. Was I in the minority?
I was not a fan of that at all. I guess 9 difficulties is better than five, but the forced downgrade if you missed? Not ok. I know I had no problem getting through Intense difficulty Classic or All-star in Brawl with 5 lives using Link or Zelda, but I couldn't go more than level 7 or so in Sm4sh since Master Whatever took more than two lives from me. So I never got the "Complete classic on 9.0" with anyone since it wouldn't let me do it with continues.

Also, I'm not a fan of Kid Icarus in general, so I didn't really need Smash Brothers: Uprising.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
You know of something, I could see Bowser have another alt costume like....
bowserripped!.jpg

THIS **** RIGHT HERE!!!

If it were to happen, I'll be pumped with the sickest alternate looking Bowser mankind has ever known. finally making into Smash.
we have Meta Ridley & Yarn Yoshi. So why not Strikers Charged Bowser.

A little sad that the really good Mario Sports' titles such as Mario Strikers or even Golf don't get enough attention in Smash.
At least we have Mario Kart though. :/

D

Deleted member

I’d take any kind of difficulty select option, long as it actually increases the difficulty.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I was not a fan of that at all. I guess 9 difficulties is better than five, but the forced downgrade if you missed? Not ok. I know I had no problem getting through Intense difficulty Classic or All-star in Brawl with 5 lives using Link or Zelda, but I couldn't go more than level 7 or so in Sm4sh since Master Whatever took more than two lives from me. So I never got the "Complete classic on 9.0" with anyone since it wouldn't let me do it with continues.

Also, I'm not a fan of Kid Icarus in general, so I didn't really need Smash Brothers: Uprising.
Well, I think the difficulty downgrades adds more challenge to the game, and I personally find that OK.

And I have no idea how not being a fan of Kid Icarus translates into this. I mean, it's only the difficulty selection mechanic. It's not like the whole gameplay was ported over, and it's completely different genres.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure if it's been brought up yet but the Moon Assist Trophy is today's topic and Skull Kid is still absent.

If he is part of the start up animation, this is getting Smash 4 Ridley tease levels of toying.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don’t worry, not liking Kid Icarus has no relation to the topic at hand...besides...we can make you into a Kid Icarus fan...
DF909EDE-760F-4A0B-A616-775DC99D877F.jpeg

You know of something, I could see Bowser have another alt costume like....View attachment 166449
THIS **** RIGHT HERE!!!

If it were to happen, I'll be pumped with the sickest alternate looking Bowser mankind has ever known. finally making into Smash.
we have Meta Ridley & Yarn Yoshi. So why not Strikers Charged Bowser.

A little sad that the really good Mario Sports' titles such as Mario Strikers or even Golf don't get enough attention in Smash.
At least we have Mario Kart though. :/
This and his Odyssey wedding Gear need to be in Smash

SonicMario

Smash Master
Honestly, I think Smash 4's classic mode would of been better if you could have up to 5 lives like they had it before.

I know only 2 lives per stage is kind of the challenge they wanted to enforce. But Master Core especially at 9.0 is a pretty hard challenge to begin without the use custom power-ups (I have only beaten 9.0 Master Core once. On the 3DS version and with a souped up Donkey Kong of all things. I have never beaten 9.0 difficulty on Smash 4 Wii U). Even if it would mean Master Core isn't as much a challenge getting there with the full 5 lives you still kind of earn the victory because Master Core really is the hardest Smash boss in the series.

Potato_

Smash Lord
JC of Treehouse had some interesting things to say about echo fighters.

Around the 12:30 mark in this video.

This exact reasoning is why I think there are more echo fighters than most of you are expecting.

They're very simple for Nintendo to develop and can often get people just as excited as a newcomer (see Chrom or Dark Samus). Pick a character like Shadow, change his up B or neutral B and people would LOVE IT.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The game needs to have some semblance of balance, her being 'good' isn't a problem but its needs to be put into perspective.

I think where is applicable series should have what makes up their identity in Smash. For Bayo its Bayo and Jeanne reall at the moment y, and Rodin but he's fine as a assist since he's the shop guy. For Sonic honestly its Sonic Tails and Eggman. Shadow has become a part as well but I don't he's as important as Tails or Eggman. For SF really it should be Ryu Ken and Chun-Li with anyone else being a AT.
Sounds like a reason to have Jeanne in her Final Smash, not as an echo.
I agree with the fullness approach- it is why I smiled seeing the Metroid content.
Still, my brain works by considering the franchise as a whole.
I really would love to have a one player mode that gives us these themed worlds, wherein I can fight Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Samus, ZSS, Ridley, the Metroid, and Kraid all in one fight. As Pikachu. Or anyone else.

Liking her aswell is gonna be worse when she kills you (also I think she’ll either be an echo or alt, either works for her)

1. I’d say Cloud and the rest of the Final Fantasy series would be the one series to feel lucky, especially with the series being only focused on 7 (add that with Bayonetta already being close to Nintendo to the point where she’s practically one of their exclusives and how she was expected to join Smash any day and badaboom)
2. Can’t blame Kid Icarus for getting that Sakurai love (Uprising had a lot of content that can go to Smash and there is no problem with that) nor Mother/Earthbound for also getting that Sakurai love (the series has been in Smash since the beginning, it only makes sense to give them lots of content...same with F-Zero...one day)
Final Fantasy is one of the top grossing media franchises of all time. I think Smash is lucky to have FF in the game, not so much the other way around. Final Fantasy would do fine without getting into Smash. Unlike Bayonetta, who will likely see a dramatic monetary gain from being featured. Just like other tiny, unknown franchises.

As for Can't blame Sakurai... sure I can. I would not use the word "blame," as that implies a mishappening, but I can fully hold the director of a series responsible for his decisions, particularly when the producers of said franchise give the director as much power as he has.
Yoshi was also in game one, and actually still makes games. Why not more Yoshi love? Earthbound is over. The creator so much as said it *should not* get a new game.
I love Earthbound. That doesn't change this fact.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Random Question, Do you think Nintendo Or Sakurai will do something on the 21st of January to Celebrate Smash's 20th Anniversary?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Final Fantasy is one of the top grossing media franchises of all time. I think Smash is lucky to have FF in the game, not so much the other way around. Final Fantasy would do fine without getting into Smash. Unlike Bayonetta, who will likely see a dramatic monetary gain from being featured. Just like other tiny, unknown franchises.

As for Can't blame Sakurai... sure I can. I would not use the word "blame," as that implies a mishappening, but I can fully hold the director of a series responsible for his decisions, particularly when the producers of said franchise give the director as much power as he has.
Yoshi was also in game one, and actually still makes games. Why not more Yoshi love? Earthbound is over. The creator so much as said it *should not* get a new game. I love Earthbound. That doesn't change this fact.
All the 3rd party series would’ve been fine without Smash, but Cloud of all people was chosen to represent Smash instead of the others (most people did not seriously expect Cloud to join Smash compared to other SE characters like Geno or Mage...maybe Lara Croft out of hopes and dreams), which is why I said FF is lucky to be represented in Smash and not Smash being lucky (especially since the game is a literal free advertisement for all games)

As for Yoshi...doesn't help that his series shares things with Mario more than Donkey Kong does

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about things in terms of Tecmo, does Ninja Gaiden mean more than DOA?

I've never seen DOA as a BIG franchise, because everyone who matters from there is also a part of NG
Really just Rachel and Ryu are from NG

the rest just have cameos and what not. Kasumi is basically the face of DOA

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now that I think about it, Banjo & Kazooie is kinda like about a bear 'mauling' an obese woman...

I've never played Banjo and Kazooie...
A *magical* obese woman who kidnapped his sister.
Context is important!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We need someone to help Yoshi with his legal troubles
Also

One is good, the other,honestly no thank you.
Yeah, I'm a bit soured on Y-L these days, and would prefer other indies to get in over them (even Esmyrelda, despite her game being nowhere close to done yet).

Not sure if it's been brought up yet but the Moon Assist Trophy is today's topic and Skull Kid is still absent.

If he is part of the start up animation, this is getting Smash 4 Ridley tease levels of toying.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case. The levels of salt would be enough to bring down another moon.

Really just Rachel and Ryu are from NG

the rest just have cameos and what not. Kasumi is basically the face of DOA
For what it's worth, Ayane is playable in NG Sigma II. She's the next person you think of in regards to DOA characters, after Kasumi/Ryu.

Last edited:

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Best Zelda game is easily BotW. OoT was great, but I feel like the fanbase doesn't want it to lose its title of being "the ultimate Zelda game" because it never had any true competition until BotW.

As for best 3D Mario, that's a tough one. I can't choose between Galaxy and Odyssey. Galaxy has the superior soundtrack and the deeper story, but the levels had little to no exploration. Odyssey wasn't very difficult and felt a lot shorter, but I feel like I had more fun playing it than I did with Galaxy.
I don’t think most Zelda fans agree OOT is the best. You’ll get plenty of different answers if you ask people. OOT is just the most influential and iconic one

Personally my favorite is a tie between Majora and Wind Waker

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All the 3rd party series would’ve been fine without Smash, but Cloud of all people was chosen to represent Smash instead of the others (most people did not seriously expect Cloud to join Smash compared to other SE characters like Geno or Mage...maybe Lara Croft out of hopes and dreams), which is why I said FF is lucky to be represented in Smash and not Smash being lucky (especially since the game is a literal free advertisement for all games)

As for Yoshi...doesn't help that his series shares things with Mario more than Donkey Kong does
1) We don't actually know if Smash is free advertising. For all we know, the game is at such a big scale now, that it costs developers money to put their third party characters in the game. Or maybe they get locked into deals like having all the final fantasy games ported over. Who knows. Either way, unfounded claim.

2) I don't think Bayonetta would be getting a third game if she were not also planned to be in Smash. I don't know what constitutes as 'fine,' to you, but Bayonetta clearly needed water wings to jump into the deep end.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sounds like a reason to have Jeanne in her Final Smash, not as an echo.
I agree with the fullness approach- it is why I smiled seeing the Metroid content.
Still, my brain works by considering the franchise as a whole.
I really would love to have a one player mode that gives us these themed worlds, wherein I can fight Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Samus, ZSS, Ridley, the Metroid, and Kraid all in one fight. As Pikachu. Or anyone else.
I'm glad we can come to terms on the concept fullness.

Now where Bayo and Jeanne have come together to make a summon, I kinda don't think that's the ideal final smash.

The reason being is that Gamorah (The dog demon that sounds like an elephant) is the most used demon of both Jeanne and Bayo, its the iconic one. So that's more fitting to be the final Smash for both.

I purposed Jeanne as a echo because she's literally Bayo's Luigi, you play as her in a similar way to Bayo.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with more Bayo content, but it'd be hard for Sakurai to add new stages or new characters without it looking like blatant favoritism or forced promotion.

The Bayo franchise has its fans, but it's easily overshadowed by the others. Then when you look at the very little new content third-parties have been getting so far in Ultimate, Bayo getting something special feels suspicious. Why should her franchise get a new character when people have been asking for a new Sonic character for years? Why give her franchise a new stage, but not the more popular series like Mega Man or FF?
Because Smash has always been about what Sakurai wants. If he wants a new Bayonetta stage he’ll do it regardless of the backlash. Why else did he include so many FE characters? Because he likes the series and wanted them in.

Also Bayonetta is basically a Nintendo franchise at this point. I mean they published and funded Bayonetta 2 and 3. It would be way easier to include something from them than call up Square and hope their stingy ass let’s them use some of their precious IP

Calling Bayonetta third party is like saying Banjo Kazooie was a third party N64 game. It was published by Nintendo themselves. It’s second party and so is Bayonetta

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I purposed Jeanne as a echo because she's literally Bayo's Luigi, you play as her in a similar way to Bayo.
I undestand this... but my point in response is that, "anymore time put to playable Bayonetta characters has as much chance at pissing off potential new fans as it does creating new fans."
Bayonetta has not earned her spot to many people, and its a well founded argument.
Has she earned her Luigi to be playable? Particularly before we get Echoes in every other third party?
If each third party gets an echo, I can see it. Otherwise, I cannot.

Because Smash has always been about what Sakurai wants. If he wants a new Bayonetta stage he’ll do it regardless of the backlash. Why else did he include so many FE characters? Because he likes the series and wanted them in.
Well, mostly yes. Still, Sakurai wants a lot, and there is a ton that ends up on the cutting room floor. Such as melee 8 player smash. Or a playable Balloon Fighter, Dixie, Banjo and Kazooie...
Plenty of things Sakurai wants are not in the final product.

Calling Bayonetta third party is like saying Banjo Kazooie was a third party N64 game. It was published by Nintendo themselves. It’s second party and so is Bayonetta
It's exactly the same. Except by definition of third and second party. Not to mention how off-brand Bayonetta is for Nintendo (which is actually in her favor). Oh, they also vary in fan reception.
So I guess it is pretty different.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why else did he include so many FE characters? Because he likes the series and wanted them in.
Kinda?

Roy was mostly him getting desperate for more clones and IS being smart helpful. Chrom was definitely due to fan demand/being easy to make. And Corrin was selected by development team.

andres22

Smash Cadet

>square is telling everyone different characters so that means my source was just misinformed, i'm not lying, i swear

lmao

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Between Vergebem and Hitagi's corroboration of each other, I'm feeling confident in breaking free from box theory. I feel like this is what we can still expect to see at this point:

Ken (100%)
Incineroar (100%)
Shadow (95%)
Dixie (70%)
Black Shadow OR Medusa (60%)
Square Enix Rep - Geno (80%)
Steve (60%)

Ken and Incineroar are a lock, Steve feels inevitable with both of the leakers claiming Minecraft and one of them being certain on Steve, Geno feels like the most likely for a SE character given Sakurai's previous statements and apparent desire to make the fanbase happy this time around, Shadow is legit the ONE character I feel is unavoidably going to show up, Dixie is just about one of the last few old school Nintendo characters whose omission feels weird, and getting one more Echo in pairing with her sounds about right.

This is my absolute hard limit for speculation for base game and it feels about right. For DLC I can see:

Rex (90%)
Spring Man (85%)
Isaac (80%)
Bandana Dee (85%)
Sora (60%)
Banjo-Kazooie (50%)

Xenoblade has grown too large for it to not get a second rep, the outcry of support for ARMS getting in likely will not go unnoticed, Isaac and Bandana Dee are easily the two first-party characters remaining with the most support, Sora feels like the kind of big-time push character Sakurai would go for, and BK is tough to reach but is plausible given Minecraft and would be a very effective final gift for the Smash fanbase itself.

As I've said before, the game is already perfect to me, but if I'm really right on my base roster prediction, and SOMEHOW right on my DLC picks, christ, this may actually become my favorite game of all time.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Guess I'm the only one who found Classic 9.0 to be pretty easy.

It's really not that difficult once you work out the correct strategies to use for each phase.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Square has a lot of viable characters:

- Sora (Kindgom Hearts)
- Dragon Quest (Erdrick?)
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
- Geno (Mario RPG)
... and that is taking out characters like Crono, who have a strong fanbase that just isnt as vocal as Geno.

So... I would be down for much more from Square.
And then Bomberman and Frogger from Konami...

Oh no it double posted!

Dixie is just about one of the last few old school Nintendo characters whose omission feels weird, and getting one more Echo in pairing with her sounds about right...Xenoblade has grown too large for it to not get a second rep, the outcry of support for ARMS getting in likely will not go unnoticed, Isaac and Bandana Dee are easily the two first-party characters remaining with the most support, Sora feels like the kind of big-time push character Sakurai would go for, and BK is tough to reach but is plausible given Minecraft and would be a very effective final gift for the Smash fanbase itself.
I've got a few questions.
1- Xenoblade has grown too large, after three games? Three games dictates a second character is needed?
2- ARMS has a strong outcry for support? Where is it? I only saw Nintendo push it.
3- Dixie is one of the last Nintendo All Stars, sure. But what about Toad?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I undestand this... but my point in response is that, "anymore time put to playable Bayonetta characters has as much chance at pissing off potential new fans as it does creating new fans."
Bayonetta has not earned her spot to many people, and its a well founded argument.
Has she earned her Luigi to be playable? Particularly before we get Echoes in every other third party?
If each third party gets an echo, I can see it. Otherwise, I cannot.
Pissing off potential new fans is a problem of balance. Now in terms of say what happened during the ballot, that time as passed. We all know she didn't win but we got two heavy hitters that potentially did so at least to me all is forgiven.

Now if Jeanne gets revealed before say Shadow does that ruin his chance? No.

In terms of who has earned what, its subjective, like say has Geno really earned anything? No.

Has Steve? Yes, but Minecraft is given flack regardless.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What about Toad?
What about, what about... what about us?
(Insert Monica and Brandi meme).

Seriously though. Toad is an undeniable Nintendo All Star. There is just not an argument against this.
You can argue this game is not for Nintendo all-stars.
But Toad is a Nintendo All-Star.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
1- Xenoblade has grown too large, after three games? Three games dictates a second character is needed?
2- ARMS has a strong outcry for support? Where is it? I only saw Nintendo push it.
1) For Xenoblade 2 to be as mega-popular as it is, Rex to frequently place very high on Japanese character polls, and Sakurai himself to have stated he enjoys the game, yes, I'd say the series is at a point where another character feels inevitable.
2) Literally everyone pre-E3 believed ARMS would be a lock to show up in a new Smash. Compounded with the fake leak boosting hype for Spring Man, and the question of Smash even being brought up to ARMS' developer, yes, there's a definite outcry.
3) Toad is in Peach's moveset, he's irrelevant to this conversation. Keep in mind I said 'one of the last', not THE last. There's always more but she's among the most important and has little competition.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
This exact reasoning is why I think there are more echo fighters than most of you are expecting.

They're very simple for Nintendo to develop and can often get people just as excited as a newcomer (see Chrom or Dark Samus). Pick a character like Shadow, change his up B or neutral B and people would LOVE IT.
I think the whole existence of echo fighters this time might be to pad out the newcomer count. Sakurai did say not to expect too many newcomers and Treehouse stated that balancing was the major reason why we won’t be getting much newcomers.

I am a little bit salty that they don’t just give th echo fighters full balancing though. Maybe they are tested against edge cases? We saw Daisy combo Inkling in a Training stage.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Oh no it double posted!

1. I think three characters (Three for Xenoblade 2 I guess kinda?) representing each game is a good idea.

2. Well it has its fanbase and tournaments in the same way how Capcom pushes its games with tours and the like.

3. Both deserve a spot notably her along with Captain Toad and Toadette( Toadette new powerup is interesting to say the least because it could open a path for her to be the power-up ambassador for Mario in Smash, but that's wishful thinking )

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
1) For Xenoblade 2 to be as mega-popular as it is, Rex to frequently place very high on Japanese character polls, and Sakurai himself to have stated he enjoys the game, yes, I'd say the series is at a point where another character feels inevitable.
2) Literally everyone pre-E3 believed ARMS would be a lock to show up in a new Smash. Compounded with the fake leak boosting hype for Spring Man, and the question of Smash even being brought up to ARMS' developer, yes, there's a definite outcry.
3) Toad is in Peach's moveset, he's irrelevant to this conversation. Keep in mind I said 'one of the last', not THE last. There's always more but she's among the most important and has little competition.
I dont even know where to start. I'm glad we are numbered.

1- Sure, one is likely. But again, the online base is just an echochamber. I'm glad Xenoblade 2 sold well, but I don't expect anything for the franchise.
2- Literally everyone. Well, I did not. But then again, I'm one of the weird ones that doesnt think Springman is the mascot, because mascot is not equivalent to boxart character. I guess I have a high standard and believe individuals should think for themselves. I still don't think you have defended your argument for an outcry. I don't see a long page on this forum for any ARMS character, they aren't mentioned frequently in my perusing of the interweb. It just seems to be your opinion. And perhasp the opinion of Nintendo, who *should want* to push it. That is still not an outcry.
3- Toad is in her moveset. Sure. I guess you decided that was irrelevant because it is against what you see happening? So again we are arguing, in full, over all of these topics, that the forums are just a microcosm... sure, they may mirror the macrocosm, but they still are just a small sample, not even a surveyable sample, of the overall fanbase of the game.

1. I think three characters (Three for Xenoblade 2 I guess kinda?) representing each game is a good idea.

2. Well it has its fanbase and tournaments in the same way how Capcom pushes its games with tours and the like.

3. Both deserve a spot notably her along with Captain Toad and Toadette( Toadette new powerup is interesting to say the least because it could open a path for her to be the power-up ambassador for Mario in Smash, but that's wishful thinking )
1- I dont see how each game should get a playable character. I understand that Awakening has four characters from it, which is a travesty that is often discussed, but how can each game of Nintendo possibly get a character?
2- Does having tournaments and a fanbase mean there is outcry? I'm an avid fan of ARMS. I don't see an outcry. I don't even see a whimper, honestly.
3- If Peachette gets into this game, I will die happily. Forget Pink Gold Peach, we have a new heroine.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I dont even know where to start. I'm glad we are numbered.

1- Sure, one is likely. But again, the online base is just an echochamber. I'm glad Xenoblade 2 sold well, but I don't expect anything for the franchise.
2- Literally everyone. Well, I did not. But then again, I'm one of the weird ones that doesnt think Springman is the mascot, because mascot is not equivalent to boxart character. I guess I have a high standard and believe individuals should think for themselves. I still don't think you have defended your argument for an outcry. I don't see a long page on this forum for any ARMS character, they aren't mentioned frequently in my perusing of the interweb. It just seems to be your opinion. And perhasp the opinion of Nintendo, who *should want* to push it. That is still not an outcry.
3- Toad is in her moveset. Sure. I guess you decided that was irrelevant because it is against what you see happening? So again we are arguing, in full, over all of these topics, that the forums are just a microcosm... sure, they may mirror the macrocosm, but they still are just a small sample, not even a surveyable sample, of the overall fanbase of the game.
1) I suppose this point is settled and can be set aside.
2) This board is an echochamber. What is heavily supported on this board, or has a lack of support on this board, does not define what is or is not popular. Having spoken with a great deal of people who don't frequent message boards or partake in Smash speculation, many of them are still asking 'why isn't ARMS in Smash now? It's their big new game on the Switch', and the only legitimate reason is 'it came out to late into Smash's development.' It's absolutely very popular.
3) What point are you even trying to make here? Yes, it'd be insane to claim Toad ISN'T a Nintendo all-star. But he's already taken. He's not in this game. I'm sorry for your loss but he's irrelevant to further roster discussion this game, whereas Dixie is still up for grabs as a notable omission and an easy Echo / Semi-Clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom