• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hoo boy, thread's gettin' real special tonight.

For the record, I play on Wi-Fi just fine. I'm not going through the headache to fix a problem that doesn't need fixing, and I don't see why Arigarmy should either.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Hoo boy, thread's gettin' real special tonight.

For the record, I play on Wi-Fi just fine. I'm not going through the headache to fix a problem that doesn't need fixing, and I don't see why Arigarmy should either.
I mean if you're too lazy to move your tv u should probs rethinks.

D

Deleted member

I mean if you're too lazy to move your tv u should probs rethinks.
Here's the thing:

Not everyone has a choice.

Real nice of everyone to instantly judge without knowing anything about the individual.

Yeesh, I'm going to bed. Perhaps you guys will be a little more chill in the morning.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Here's the thing:

Not everyone has a choice.

Real nice of everyone to instantly judge without knowing anything about the individual.

Yeesh, I'm going to bed. Perhaps you guys will be a little more chill in the morning.
I mean maybe I read wrong but he didn't want to move his tv. It didn't seem like he had no choice lol.
>EXCUSE ME FOR NOT WANTING TO MOVE MY WHOLE ENTIRE TV DOWN A STORY TO PLUG IT UP TO MY MODEM
EDIT: Oh he posted. Don't judge maybe Im playing smash in my closet too.
:troll:

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Rare Spirits basically confirm a Microsoft rep for DLC and home run contest is guaranteed to be added in a post-launch update because Nintendo loves doing post-launch updates now.
I wouldn't say anything is confirmed, it could have been mistakenly added.
I thought I remembered seeing that the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps spirits were added by mistake and then removed because they didn't get permission to use them or something like that. I could very well be wrong about that though.
Yeah, that was part of what I was thinking too, since Devil's Third is there too. Its possible someone adding Spirits or Music or something mistakenly thought those three series were still owned by Nintendo. I do think its cool that someone finally recognized Jet Force Gemini as noteworthy though..I loved that game.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, let's just get a long-*** cable to send up a flight of stairs so people can trip over it every two minutes, and make my complicated setup even more complicated.
I mean if you put down the sloppy ways. There are ways to put ethernet cords up stairs and through rooms effectively, its a lot of work though and I don't blame anyone who wouldnt want to do it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Get these wi-fi nerds outta my face

Do you even LAN, bro

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wi-Fi
LAN

lmao

I connect directly to an alien power source, giving me perfect internet service and psychic power.

Get on my level.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, let's just get a long-*** cable to send up a flight of stairs so people can trip over it every two minutes, and make my complicated setup even more complicated.
Demon's Avocado, but you can run the cable up the side of the stairs (where it won't be tripped over), and then tape the cable to the floor with Gaffer Tape (which is what professionals do).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Never thought i'd get to witness WiFi vs LAN wars in my life.

Humans really will find any reason to act superior, huh?

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
You don't even have to patch them out. There's already conditionals on certain assists. Moon can't be summoned on Great bay. Palkia can't appear on Spear Pillar and Klaptrap can't come out on Kongo Jungle. Same thing can happen if a promoted assist is chosen in any given match.
I think there’s a vast difference between graphical stage elements and potential playable status of a character.

D

Deleted member

Wi-Fi
LAN

lmao

I connect directly to an alien power source, giving me perfect internet service and psychic power.

Get on my level.
C'mon, that's child's play.

With the power of **** VITALE'S "AWESOME BABY!" COLLEGE HOOPS, I can pretty much have zero latency issues.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Never thought i'd get to witness WiFi vs LAN wars in my life.

Humans really will find any reason to act superior, huh?
LAN is superior when possible. Acting like people can always use it but don't is dumb.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just spotted this video on Reddit.

I'd try it out myself but I'm a little scared of crashing my game or something. Heck I'm surprised the game never crashed while they were collecting footage for this video.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Demon's Avocado, but you can run the cable up the side of the stairs (where it won't be tripped over), and then tape the cable to the floor with Gaffer Tape (which is what professionals do).
I'm pretty sure that method definitely works, but in my current situation, I couldn't make it work regardless.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So apparently there is a difference between :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:, which is that :ultrichter:'s Holy Water does not make certain explosives like Link's bombs or combustible items go off as :ultsimon:'s does. In other words, Simon has an advantage over any of the Links compared to Richter.

However, Snake and Samus's explsoives still work for both for whatever reason. I may be late, but as a main this makes me flex on Richter suckers.

Why are you all so touchy about this subject lol
I was saying my ego was bigger than yours, chill out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd try it out myself but I'm a little scared of crashing my game or something. Heck I'm surprised the game never crashed while they were collecting footage for this video.
Oh look at that.
The ***** is responsible for another major bug.

D

Deleted member

That video was actually amazing holy ****
Now see, I know that in this thread, we can all have our agreements and disagreements.

Some people would actually like Steve? from Minecraft to join Smash Ultimate, while others may not. Some people may think Star Wars is not as complex as Star Trek. Some may think that house arrest is just another form of weird fetishes people have.

But I think we can all can come together on one common agreement.

Scott's 100th video was a much more better video than Jon's Flex Tape II.

Thank you for joining my TEDtalk, and remember:

Screenshot (1159).png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now see, I know that in this thread, we can all have our agreements and disagreements.

Some people would actually like Steve? from Minecraft to join Smash Ultimate, while others may not. Some people may think Star Wars is not as complex as Star Trek. Some may think that house arrest is just another form of weird fetishes people have.

But I think we can all can come together on one common agreement.

Scott's 100th video was a much more better video than Jon's Flex Tape II.

Thank you for joining my TEDtalk, and remember:

View attachment 183271
Listen homie Scott may have gotten a bunch of YT cameos but having RelaxAlax be a main antagonist compared to Phil "the Chad" Swift show up for half of your video is just cobblestone to diamonds

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure that method definitely works, but in my current situation, I couldn't make it work regardless.
Take a drill to the downstairs ceiling and then run the cable through the hole.
(It's totally a thing you can do, btw; though I wouldn't recommend it)

Hilarious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Listen homie Scott may have gotten a bunch of YT cameos but having RelaxAlax be a main antagonist compared to Phil "the Chad" Swift show up for half of your video is just cobblestone to diamonds
The difference with Scott's video with Jon's is that I didn't have to slog through 7 ****ing minutes to get to the point like it's a JRPG.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The difference with Scott's video with Jon's is that I didn't have to slog through 7 ****ing minutes to get to the point like it's a JRPG.
The beginning of flex tape 2 was the best part of it. Honestly thought the comedy kind of teetered out towards the middle and end.

Awesome baby was still fantastic though.

D

Deleted member

flex tape 2 sure as hell wasn't worth the wait
This right here is kind of the problem.

The last video he put out after Flex Tape II was 11 months. Yeah, that last Flex Tape video was amazing, but to have a sequel 11 months after the fact? Not even a small video or two in between?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This right here is kind of the problem.

The last video he put out after Flex Tape II was 11 months. Yeah, that last Flex Tape video was amazing, but to have a sequel 11 months after the fact? Not even a small video or two in between?
Actually there were other videos, but the first Flex Tape video was 14 MONTHS ago, not 11. His last video before going on hiatus was the VR Trooper one I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom