• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I don’t like that Sonic and Falco both do the splits to be honest with you.
I mean it's been that way since Smash 4. So... yeah.

But between the the unique newcomers, they do share a couple Smash attacks.
K. Rool and Incineroar have the same Down Smash (I guess Ridley too, but that's somewhat different).
Inkling and Isabelle also have a similar Down Smash.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Because cutting stages isn't an active practice. it just means they could have added limited amount of stages and Wooly World wasn't one of them.
The only instance where I think a stage could’ve been intentionally cut was Jungle Hijinks from Wii U because the whole fighting in the background thing might’ve not worked out with the Stage Morph mechanic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nuh uh Ridley's isn't with his belly he slams with his wings TOTALLY different
You sound like people trying to argue Ike isn't a Marth clone.

The only instance where I think a stage could’ve been intentionally cut was Jungle Hijinks from Wii U because the whole fighting in the background thing might’ve not worked out with the Stage Morph mechanic.
Yeah, maybe PAC-MAZE also didn't make it in because of that.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also Flat Zone 1 & 2 because those were incorporated into Flat Zone X
And Pictochat 1 for the same reason
And Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls due to the constant upward movement
And Miiverse because Miiverse...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also Flat Zone 1 & 2 because those were incorporated into Flat Zone X
And Pictochat 1 for the same reason
And Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls due to the constant upward movement
And Miiverse because Miiverse...
Miiverse was a gift.
Rip in peace, Miiverse stage. You will be missed.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Because cutting stages isn't an active practice. it just means they could have added limited amount of stages and Wooly World wasn't one of them.
I suppose, but if that were the case I think they'd probably cut some of the ones that are already similar to other stages (Like that 3DS Pokemon stage that I always forget exists that's basically Spear Pillar). A lot of the stages that did get cut seemed to be due to technical reasons, and Woolly World wasn't complex or anything so it just seems like an odd one to get rid of, plus it was pretty unique.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You sound like people trying to argue Ike isn't a Marth clone.
Did you mean Roy cause Ike really isn’t that much of a Marth clone.

(Like that 3DS Pokemon stage that I always forget exists that's basically Spear Pillar).
The only similarities between Unova Pokémon League and Spear Pillar are that Legendary Pokémon appear in the background occasionally and they’re dark.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought you just mixed up the names for a second. Also sorry, it’s hard to tell sarcasm in text sometimes.
You're right, my bad.

Look you have a good track record with your posts but you know damn well dumber things have been posted in this thread so sometimes it's hard to know what to take seriously
I can't argue with that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I suppose, but if that were the case I think they'd probably cut some of the ones that are already similar to other stages (Like that 3DS Pokemon stage that I always forget exists that's basically Spear Pillar). A lot of the stages that did get cut seemed to be due to technical reasons, and Woolly World wasn't complex or anything so it just seems like an odd one to get rid of, plus it was pretty unique.
Outside of the aforementioned Legendary Pokémon popping up (which don't even do the same thing as each other), the two Pokémon stages are very different from each other. Even the general layout is different as Spear Pillar has a cave in its bottom half while Unova Pokémon League just has the two platforms (which also makes it a good candidate for competitive stagelists when hazardless).

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Online players: is it worth the $20 yet? I was boycotting online because of the disastrous matchmaking and Nintendo Online overall but if the 1.2 patch made the experience bearable then I’m willing to subscribe.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Online players: is it worth the $20 yet? I was boycotting online because of the disastrous matchmaking and Nintendo Online overall but if the 1.2 patch made the experience bearable then I’m willing to subscribe.
It's hella better. Still recommend LAN cable connection unless you want to develop a stomach ulcer

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
They can just patch them out of being Assist Trophies, right?
You don't even have to patch them out. There's already conditionals on certain assists. Moon can't be summoned on Great bay. Palkia can't appear on Spear Pillar and Klaptrap can't come out on Kongo Jungle. Same thing can happen if a promoted assist is chosen in any given match.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah, it's FAR better.
Like you'll still get that one idiot from time to time who goes hazardless so you end up fighting 1v1 no items on temple, but for the most part, it's pretty consistent.

GSP still doesn't make any sense, but at least you can play the games you want now.
If you've got no one to play offline then yeah, you could slam down $20 for a pretty bare-minimum online that works.

Watch out though, you're going to fight people that have terrible online and absolutely REFUSE TO GET A ****ING LAN ADAPTER DESPITE IT VASTLY IMPROVING ONLINE FOR EVERYONE AND BEING RELATIVELY CHEAP WHILE ALSO BEING USEFUL FOR A ONE-TIME PURCHASE.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You don't even have to patch them out. There's already conditionals on certain assists. Moon can't be summoned on Great bay. Palkia can't appear on Spear Pillar and Klaptrap can't come out on Kongo Jungle. Same thing can happen if a promoted assist is chosen in any given match.
Alucard can't be summoned on the Wii Fit Studio either. Either it's a clever reference to vampire lore or Sakurai thinks Alucard is such a snack he doesn't need to hit the gym

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Alucard can't be summoned on the Wii Fit Studio either. Either it's a clever reference to vampire lore or Sakurai thinks Alucard is such a snack he doesn't need to hit the gym
I actually think they disable certain AT/stage combinations for performance reasons as well.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Outside of the aforementioned Legendary Pokémon popping up (which don't even do the same thing as each other), the two Pokémon stages are very different from each other. Even the general layout is different as Spear Pillar has a cave in its bottom half while Unova Pokémon League just has the two platforms (which also makes it a good candidate for competitive stagelists when hazardless).
I know they're different in terms of layout, but I was more or less just commenting on how "same-y" the newer Pokemon stages have gotten. Some of them just feel unnecessary, but that's only my opinion.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
And? There's other assists that can't show up on certain stages. Skull Kid can't show up on Spear Pillar. My point is that conditionals on assists exist.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good news: I'm no longer being put in anything that isn't a 1v1
Bad news: I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up to fight a 1v1 in the Great Cave Offensive

KMDP

Smash Legend
After... several hours of trying.

I've finally beaten World of Light.

I beat it 100% on Hard Mode.

My final team was Sonic, Cloud and Young Link in Round 1; which turned into Young Link, Cloud and Dr. Mario for Round 2; and then Young Link, Cloud and Yoshi for Round 3.

Yoshi got the final hits in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Watch out though, you're going to fight people that have terrible online and absolutely REFUSE TO GET A ****ING LAN ADAPTER DESPITE IT VASTLY IMPROVING ONLINE FOR EVERYONE AND BEING RELATIVELY CHEAP WHILE ALSO BEING USEFUL FOR A ONE-TIME PURCHASE.
EXCUSE ME FOR NOT WANTING TO MOVE MY WHOLE ENTIRE TV DOWN A STORY TO PLUG IT UP TO MY MODEM

D

Deleted member

Yeah, not everyone can use a LAN adapter. I quite literally can't with my setup.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
These exist.
That's not convincing, that's just cabling for my family to trip on and yell at me.

I'll play on ****ing Wi-Fi and you can't stop me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom