• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I just think it's funny how so many people during this Smash season claimed such and such characters are literally impossible because of their own biases when nobody really knows what the hell the devs and Sakurai are gonna do.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the online function for this game, Is it really that bad? I just got the game a few days ago, and was planning to buy Nintendo Switch Online just for it. Can someone tell me what makes the online in Ultimate terrible? I might wait until its fixed to buy the NSO.
It isn't completely terrible, but it's pretty bad.

You pick your ruleset and queue in for a match, but you're not guaranteed to get into a match with someone that has the same ruleset. On top of this you have to back out of the queue completely if you want to switch characters. Some people have reported input delay as well, but it seems to be worse for some over others.

If you still have the 7 day free trial, use that and test out online for yourself. The first two points I mentioned are really my only problems with the online, but other than that I've still been having fun with it. There's also a new patch coming next week that might fix some of people's grievances, you could wait for that to see.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the online function for this game, Is it really that bad? I just got the game a few days ago, and was planning to buy Nintendo Switch Online just for it. Can someone tell me what makes the online in Ultimate terrible? I might wait until its fixed to buy the NSO.
imo, It aint that bad but thats just me

D

Deleted member

Quickplay just doesn't work. Your preferred rules are more like suggestions that it rarely follows, the netcode is less than stellar, GSP is a pretty bad ranking system, you can't change characters at will without completely exiting matchmaking, and Elite Battles don't do much to fix any of these issues.
On the other hand, lobbies are overall pretty good and fix a majority of these issues, and even though you don't gain GSP from them people are starting to settle on them as the way to play online for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Never stated he was purposefully wrong. Just that he was wrong.
Being so definite about the Squenix characters announcement-way beyond "well it MAY be the first one"-tips me off something is up regarding DLC.
It's very exciting actually. The DLC in Smash 4 didn't exactly end on a lame note either. Sure, Bayonetta's still drinking salty tears to this day, but I thought she was an awesome finish to the DLC line-up. I'm fairly confident that our fifth character will be someone who's at least within the same scope as her, like Raiden (if he wasn't already a Spirit), or Dante, or Travis, or 2B, etc.

I hope so...
The reactions to Joker were pure and genuine, and it was nice to see that in a time where leaks are common, that a reveal like this, was just a surprise for us...
Same. If we got a Square character announced instead, there would have been a divide between fanbases that feel slighted that their Most-Wanted was excluded. We're not seeing this sort of thing with Joker because the NiGHTS fans and Jet Set Radio fans are nowhere to be seen whining about this.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember anyone leaking Duck Hunt Dog.
You say that to one of the persons who did leak Duck Hunt.
Vaan could actually have leaked even Robin if he believed the info sooner so that would have ended up with Rosalina as the sole unleaked character.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I forget how many people didn't know about what went on in the leaks group. You guys had it easy with your silly boxes and grinch murals, we were analyzing Brawl mods.

D

Deleted member

Y'all how in the actual absolute **** am I supposed to approach good Link mains in this game

That bomb is gonna give me nightmares

D

Deleted member

That's the plan. That's the plan...
y'all with ur ****in boomerangs and arrows and bombs frikin peppering me getting me to 50 and when I approach that goddamn Usmash hurts

I wanted Link to be buffed when I still mained him and now the ONE GAME where I finally have a different main Link gets buffed in the best/worst way possible

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm hearing players outside of here say the game has given a notice of a 1.2.0 patch already. It will probably be one of those "improvement" patches, but okay. Can anyone here confirm that, or am I late?

D

Deleted member

I'm hearing players outside of here say the game has given a notice of a 1.2.0 patch already. It will probably be one of those "improvement" patches, but okay. Can anyone here confirm that, or am I late?
I can confirm, I got that notice on bootup a couple minutes ago

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't mean "brawl mod passed as a leak" I mean "this person knew of this then-unrevealed Bowser recolor and had it modded into Brawl as proof"
Remember when we fought about the data of Roy/Ryu being legit or not?

Or that Roy was probably leftovers?

T'was fun

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Reminder that the only matchup that Joker could have a persona battle with (Without dittos) is Zelda.

Also Zelda feels uncomfortable compared to Smash 4 due to the lag input.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when we fought about the data of Roy/Ryu being legit or not?

Or that Roy was probably leftovers?

T'was fun
"Ryu's data is a misdirection" was the original "Incineroar is leakerbait"
Reminder that the only matchup that Joker could have a persona battle with (Without dittos) is Zelda.

Also Zelda feels uncomfortable compared to Smash 4 due to the lag input.
It's called a Stand and Duck Hunt and Rosalina have those.
How could anyone deny it, the classic mode ending pictures were in the files.
Those weren't added until the day before E3, before that update, all we had were empty folders with their names.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How could anyone deny it, the classic mode ending pictures were in the files.
T'was 3ds, and it was files from the in-game shop who play the Characters music.
The empty victories files were here.

Ironically enough, when we managed to play those files, Ryu's files was his Victory STRAIGHT UP from SFII so people called it fake or a "misdirection"

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Y'all how in the actual absolute **** am I supposed to approach good Link mains in this game

That bomb is gonna give me nightmares
I kind of felt that way after I went up against a couple of Simons and Richters on Shulk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom