• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh my God, you just reminded me that she's coming to Soul Calibur VI soon.

Gonna be honest. Her reveal trailer was about 50% of the reason I bought that game.
Oh absolutely. Like I like Soulcalibur and I had fun with V's creation and was happy they were adding tons of single player like in 3 but I wasn't sold. Then they added 2B and I went out that same day and bought it.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh absolutely. Like I like Soulcalibur and I had fun with V's creation and was happy they we're adding tons of single player like in 3 but I wasn't sold. Then they added 2B and I went out that same day and bought it.
You know when she comes out every single online match for a week is gonna be 2B dittos.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
My hype 4:

1. Sackboy
2. Tails
3. Rayman
4. Tracer

I think all of these have a chance (maybe not Tails and Rayman due to Spirits) for DLC. Reggie said all the DLC will be unexpected and all of these are big Third parties and all would be relatively unexpected except Rayman.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh I guess I'll do the hype four thing too.

1. Lloyd Irving/Tales Character
2. Death(Darksiders)
3. Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)
4. Banjo & Kazooie.

Death is pretty funny, since Platinum Games was interested in getting the Darksiders IP.
Alright then I have a sure prediction lock here, until the 2nd DLC reveal.

1. Joker
2. Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
3. Sephiroth/DQ character
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Banjo/Steve

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's a fun idea. If Square had Spirits what effects would they have?

Let's be real. Sakurai is savage and would make Aerith have an effect on sword damage.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Let's be real. Sakurai is savage and would make Aerith have an effect on sword damage.
"Impalable: Recieve increased damage from swords and spears." (BTW, Corrin's lance-hands (forward smash, Dragon Lunge, up smash, etc.) and Ridley's tail (forward tilt, forward air, Skewer, etc.) count as spears for this.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, um, I just thought I'd let you all know, that I may not be here for awhile, though, I don't know if I feel comfortable saying why...

*hugs*
Aw.... Well, see you later! I hope that whatever makes you unable to visit here goes in your favor! *return hugs*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There should be a 3rd option in the Joker poll for a more neutral response.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Sephiroth. Starts you off with killing edge.
When you're on your last stock, you get the moon assist trophy.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

I'd say Aerith as a Spirit would have the Great Fairy spirit effect where she heals you after you take significant damage, or you gain temporary invincibility after significant damage. A reference to Great Gospel. She'd probably be repped by either red or OoT!Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Cecil(FFIV): reduces physical damage taken
Terra(FFVI): magic attacks will have their power significantly increased when using transformation items
Celes(FFVI): negates all energy-based projectiles
Crono(Chrono Trigger): grants immunity to time-altering effects(Witch Time, Vision, Chaos Control, Stopwatch, Slow/Fast Smash)
Ophilia(Octopath Traveler): fighter will gradually heal damage
Cyrus(OT): moves with sweetspots have their power increased
Tressa(OT): increases rewards at the end of a battle
Olberic(OT): significantly increases damage during 1v1 battles
Primrose(OT): damage dealt gradually imcreases as the fighter is damaged
Alfyn(OT): increases the effects of all throwable items(not just damage, but Healing Field's heal, Pitfalls bury duration and so on)
Therion(OT): hitting an opponent with an item equipped will steal their item
H'aanit(OT): deals extra damage to animal or monster fighters

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman

Ifrit: increases the power of fire moves
Shiva: increases the power of ice moves
Ramuh: increases the power of electric moves
Leviathan: increases the power of water moves
Odin: smash attacks have a chance of being a one-hit KO

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You can't make a Reynbow without Reyn.
Would you consider yourself the """""""""Reyn""""""""" of your group?

That one Joker in the back looks menacing as all hell
Nah, it's just chairoscuro.

My hype 4:

1. Sackboy
2. Tails
3. Rayman
4. Tracer

I think all of these have a chance (maybe not Tails and Rayman due to Spirits) for DLC. Reggie said all the DLC will be unexpected and all of these are big Third parties and all would be relatively unexpected except Rayman.
Oooo, so we're playing one of these again, eh?

My personal Hype 4, with minimalist reasoning:
1. KOS-MOS: Recognizable Namco Crossover Queen with a massive move-pool to draw from, making her a robo-Dante of sorts in terms of tool-kits
2. Dante: Recognizable Capcom demon slayer who also has a giant library of moves, and you can do it with just Rebellion, Ebony & Ivory alone
3. Saber (Arturia): Recognizable Type-Moon heroine with VN origins, something yet to be represented in Smash
4. Reimu: Recognizable Indie rep from the SHMUP genre, yet another type of game not represented in Smash

If 3 and 4 actually make it as playable characters somehow, Smash Ultimate will be immortalized in danbooru.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
2B/Erdrick
Terry Bogard/Marco Rossi
Dante/Pheonix Wright
Agumon/Lloyd

any choice would own
Terry or Marco would be fantastic and I think they're really being slept on with Nintendo's relationship with SNK as of late. Heck, they've been tight ever since the Metal Slug Collection was a big thing on Wii.

Iridium

Smash Hero

After what he did with Paz, I don't know what's on his mind when it comes to spirits, overall.

Wylfred (probably obscure, but whatever): Boosts damage dealt while weakening damage taken, increases speed and jump.

Cooking Mama (she came to my head): Uh, food produced with every move that hits or something?

Black Mage: Increases power of specials moves, and especially magic-based moves.

I wish I could think of more.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Barret: projectile attacks do more damage

Sephiroth: Killing Edge equipped

Sora: slightly harder for enemies to break out of combos

That’s all I got. I don’t play a lot of Square games.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Why is Donkey Kong Mr. Sandman's Spirit Battle
Were they just not thinking
Yikes. Unfortunate implications much?
To be fair, Donkey Kong is a bonus boss in Punch-Out!! for the Wii, and Mr. Sandman is the final boss of the game. Take two of the toughest challengers and put them together to give Mac Boxing PTSD. It's nothing more than a coincidence. An unfortunate if unintentional one, but a coincidence nonetheless.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why is Donkey Kong Mr. Sandman's Spirit Battle
Were they just not thinking
Because Mr Sandman was the final boss of Punch-Out Wii, and Donkey Kong was the true final boss of title defense.

Also Donkey Kong is a heavyweight with a lot of punching moves.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My hype 4:

1. Sackboy
2. Tails
3. Rayman
4. Tracer

Hmm....I would go with:

1. Someone from Tekken
2. Someone from Tales of series
3. An SNK character
4. Someone from the Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden series

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Man you guys take these Spirits things so seriously lol. I thought it was a throwaway thing, I guess I'm the only person on here who doesn't get into fan fiction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom