• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
This tournament was great, made me realise a lot of things I've been doing wrong. I'm really happy I managed to get out of pools this time with my 2 day old Sheik and that I stuck with her all throughout the tournament, now I just have to read up on her.

To anyone who got annoyed about me changing mains, I think I've finally stuck with one. I improve too slowly with Falco, and while I do like Marth, I just find Sheik fits me a lot better and the results clearly show it. I think it's safe to say I'm sticking, though I'm still terrible vs Falcon. >_>

Thanks Charles for hosting this, some **** went wrong but overall your job was decent (though some things could have been run better, like not turning up so late lol). Thanks to everyone I played, I had some really cool matches like my bracket set with Kman and my friendlies with George after at my house.
Cgz on getting out of pools with the main change. I'm proud xD

j3ly

Smash Champion
awesome tournament, had a really good time and lost less than 10 games throughout the entire day. Normally don't get stoned until after brackets are over but i tried being lean the whole time today and i am happy to say I wont be doing it again, made my combing mind somewhat hazy this time.

Didnt get to play TC, Kira or Kman but we should definatly get in some games next time.

VA i hope you were sandbagging for our tourney set cos if u wern't you are no where near as good as people make u out to be, but as i said to king ndj i suspected a sandbagging.

fail to tamoo
gratz to ben
fail to PROF LOL
ggs gantz, cape had you paranoid from second 1 match 1 - firefoxing horizontally every time way way above the edge of the stage lol. Even in tourney im not that much of a tw@ with the cape, but last stock last match ur gnna eat a cape.

made £7 in MM's, not bad but i really needed to get my 10er back so i could afford to go to college for the rest of the upcoming week. Thanks to Ben for turning the cube off when i was 4 stocks from taking Dave's £2 -_-

who else..? Lol Ben we had a tourney set under my information of being up against each other. Still, awesome 'friendlies,' never had a tourney match that was 1-1 , last game, last stock, each of us on one smash kill %. Been a big fear of mine for a while, DI let me down on 1 or 2 occasions but overall very fun set.

Sorry VA for not challenging you to a return Mario MM but we shall do it next time yeah?

Lol to that ganon guy, Orange something. Your strategy threw me the **** off the first game but was easy enough to adapt to after a bit, GGs though man, GGs.

Bishkin u got ALOT better since last time we played, more technical, more mindgames and harder to read in the recovery department. Keep it up, always nice when people from the community get better.

Fuzz there were at least 3 other setups that were stuck in bags, no TV's to apply them to. Pools could have gone dandy with more TVs. Thanks to VA for showing me how a pool should be run by the seed, all i wanted to do at the start was play my games and fvck off but you led by example and now i know for next time how to help a pool run smoothly

One final thing.. my DI was fvcking ON ITTTTTT yesterday, the amount of times mario was surviving hits above 150% and soaring to the top corner and comming back without even needing upB. Plus i dont really remeber being successfully edgeugarded more than 2wice yesterday, OBVIOUSLY it happend but not enough times for me to remeber so **** to all you guys who failed, BB included who didn't get one edgeguard kill on me. A couple sneaky edgehog gimps though from people who predicted when i was going to go low, that's pretty sexy.

Peace until next time. Kira u look like an awesome older bro, you brother must thing your the collest person in the world

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
Gantz..........WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

Do I need to start playing waste characters against so you can get some form of training....

And what isit with you losing to the Marios, you lost to J3ly and then you lost to Bullet Bill.
Congratz on placing 5th though but the crew is no happy where you placed and we are currently under discussion whether or not you DESERVE TO BE IN THE CREW lol!!!

You lost to Bullet Bill once, WHY ARE YOU LETTING IT HAPPY AGAIN AND EVEN WORSE THIS TIME!!!!
And I can't believe you lost against J3ly, you're past his level, you should think that's an instant win as soon as you see him as your opponent.....

Last Dragon I DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT YOU!!!!
You're a DUMB ***** for forefeighting singles even though Gantz entered you in for it lol.....WHYYYYYY??????
the crew is nothing with out me!! but your right though. i should have beat jelly but i underestimated him as well as tamoo bullet bill yeniths(i think thats how you spell it) and a few others. alot of people got better but i think im gonna have to go ultra hard in smash and practice alot fot G2 in march. so im gonna come down most weekends now. unless i get a job. im also gonna say that tamoo nearly beat me on dream land and could have easily have placed 3rd if he practices more with jiggz and drops that stupid peach. and lose the nerves to. your better than you think. warning is good but i actually love playing captain falcon. its like having sex with jessica alba and alica keys at the same time. as for the gay mario brothers beat me..enjoy this while you can because the next time we i play you its gonna be like playing prof. thanks fuzz for the torny. i was gonna quit but looks like im hooked again.

ps. va did well and you can beat fuzzy. you just need to practice more and try and get around fuzzy's DI. your peach is very nice i have to say.

j3ly

Smash Champion
hahaha gantz, for i play 100% mindgames and i had u read like a book from that friendly we had at the beginning of the day. How do you think next time will be any different, my adaption skills are l33t, maybe i should switch to jiggs..

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
GANTZ why do you have to be my bane lol, you play that matchup soooooo **** well, some nice close matches, I though I may have been able to nick a 3 stock comeback on the last match but crouch cancelling is gay
What the Eff do you expect....he has been playing my peach, a peach which simply out classes yours so he has had practice on that matchup and he knows what to do so your peach must of seen like nothing.

He has had practice so other peaches who don't stand up will get ***** lol.
Congratz on the 9th placement.....nice and low like I predicted.
Maybe you can get 7th next time.

CHARLES......GANTZ IS A HIGH SEED NOW AS HE BEAT THE HIGH SEED IN POOLS PLUS HE PLACED 5TH....DON'T FORGET THAT

Clockmire you still suck against fox+falco tho :( just watch my vids!
No, watch videos of the best CF's lol :)

the crew is nothing with out me!! but your right though. i should have beat jelly but i underestimated him as well as tamoo bullet bill yeniths(i think thats how you spell it) and a few others. alot of people got better but i think im gonna have to go ultra hard in smash and practice alot fot G2 in march. so im gonna come down most weekends now. unless i get a job. im also gonna say that tamoo nearly beat me on dream land and could have easily have placed 3rd if he practices more with jiggz and drops that stupid peach. and lose the nerves to. your better than you think. warning is good but i actually love playing captain falcon. its like having sex with jessica alba and alica keys at the same time. as for the gay mario brothers beat me..enjoy this while you can because the next time we i play you its gonna be like playing prof. thanks fuzz for the torny. i was gonna quit but looks like im hooked again.

ps. va did well and you can beat fuzzy. you just need to practice more and try and get around fuzzy's DI. your peach is very nice i have to say.
Rafiu SHUT UP YOU WASTE!!!!
How the hell could Tamoo place 3rd at this event.

With Tamoo always losing to You, Bullet Bill, Va, Fuzzyness and Frostbyte.
There's no way he could have placed 3rd, Jiggs or not.

Don't be a waste and quit....there's still WAYYYY more you gotta improve on and you no I have the time to help you improve on that DAWGGGG.

I WILL BE AT GT2, GUARANTEED!!!!.....I'M KINDA HAPPY I DIDN'T MAKE THIS IN A WAY COS I KNOW WHEN I COMEBACK I WILL SHOCK EVERYONE EVEN MORE AT IT!!!!
I'M ALSO GONNA BE PLAYING ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TRAIN THEM UP DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.
PRIMARILY THE OOC CREW BUT ALSO PEOPLE LIKE BISHKIN AND FANDEMZ COS THEY LIVE NEAR ME.
SO EXPECT VARIOUS PEOPLES IMPROVEMENTS.
GANTZ IS SORTA AN EXAMPLE OF IMPROVEMENT EVEN THOUGH HE LOST TO BEN BUT HE STILL PLACED 5TH!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hahaha gantz, for i play 100% mindgames and i had u read like a book from that friendly we had at the beginning of the day. How do you think next time will be any different, my adaption skills are l33t, maybe i should switch to jiggs..
LOL I know Rafiu is better then you, when he comes back you will see a complete different Rafiu, no joke.
I'm not gonna say much on this subject, just gonna play Rafiu alot and then his improvement will speak for itself at the National tournament.
He will be placing 5th at that as well.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION NEEDED!!!

Where's the list of Entrants and full placing and also people who did not get out of pools.
I just want to see who has improved and who hasn't.
I want

VA

Smash Hero
Ok well if we're embarking on a training up mission I guess the south is my area of care. So I will be planning a trip to southampton on the condition that the soton people come here to play me.

@ J3ly

LOL. Judge me however you want, I'M NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS PEOPLE SAY I AM.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well you did place 2nd and from what I heard each set you had was 3-2 with Charles.
Tbh that pretty much speaks for itself in terms of your ability :confused:

IMO bring back the counterpick stages, I don't know why they were taken away.

J03

Smash Master
good results.

VA- great to see youre taking charles to the wire time and time again!

Ben: did you beat chrisboi? if so gz

tamoo: whered you finish lol?

j3ly

Smash Champion
it would have been 3-0 in fuzz favour but he SD'd 3 times in 2 games, johns maybe, but the SD-less games spoke for themselves. All that being said u can keep up with fuzzy so that puts u above every1 apart from prof

j03 - shame u missed the train, Tamoo came joint 9th with me and dacacia

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
good results.

VA- great to see youre taking charles to the wire time and time again!

Ben: did you beat chrisboi? if so gz

tamoo: whered you finish lol?
He came 9th Jo3 lol.
Seems like things are going back to reality and starting to reveal his real potential in smash without relying on his character lol.

Things won't get better for him sticking to that character.....for a fact.

it would have been 3-0 in fuzz favour but he SD'd 3 times in 2 games, johns maybe, but the SD-less games spoke for themselves. All that being said u can keep up with fuzzy so that puts u above every1 apart from prof

j03 - shame u missed the train, Tamoo came joint 9th with me and dacacia
I haven't seen the set so I can't say much about the thing SD wise.

I'm looking to win GT2 anyway, im just gonna be training up and fixing my personal errors and training up other till then.

VA

Smash Hero
I felt really limited with stages at this tournament.

And yeah I don't know why J3ly would judge me over the matches I had with him seeing as I obviously don't care about them. I haven't lost to any active player in the last year and a half other than prof and charles.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The stages IMO really benefit all the top characters like Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik and CF and don't benefit charcters which are lower down on the tier list or peach or jiggs lol.

Anyway I think that counterpicks should because counterpicks are there to COUNTER SOMEONE!!!!!
And it's kinda gay when you limit peoples counterpicks cos it favours the top people in the community as they usually use the characters which easily benefit from the stages list.

Alex - You're another person who lives near me and who I should be playing and trainnig reguarly lol.
I can play you 2moro if you want.

L-J

Smash Ace
Maybe stages-wise adding Corneria and Brinstar might be a good idea. Or Rainbow ride instead of Corneria to make it identical to Pound 4 legal stages. Also Tamoo after this tourney I've gotta go back on what I said about peach before - you should really stick with jiggs man. Who cares if she's gay, just stick with her. Spreading yourself over multiple mains will only slow your improvement most likely. Will edit this post with shoutouts later.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I personally think Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City and Rainbow ride should be legal.

And I agree on multiple characters slowing your improvement.

I stuck to fox for soooo long which is why my improvement accelerated so fast and I became one of the top people in the UK cos I LITERALLY just played fox.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm yeah i dunno, I really still wanna train this peach up, it's still new and has a long way to go but it was sooo fun playing against fuzzy as peach, i just can't resist. Also, i don't know if chrisboi said it so that he has a better chance of beating me next time if I go peach :laugh: but we're of the same opinion that I can learn and pick up stuff for both chars by playing them both. My biggest improvement to date came when I first switched to peach so long ago, I guess it could happen again hopefully!

Umm main upsets poolwise were I guess Deathgazer, synapse, dave, beast, crabman, monty, def a lot more but i can't remember them all right now.

I think the stages were alright actually, and this is coming from a jiggs/peach. I didn't feel particularly restricted, but I, unlike VA, didn't have the problem of a Bo5 situation, in which case I can definitely imagine the restriction in stage choice for him.

Gantz: Thanks for the kind words man but at the moment, I'm at the stage where I can beat some players that usually place higher than me, but there are some that I just can't overcome atm. Until I get over that, there's still a long way to go and I can only place favourably by getting the people I tend to do better against :/

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I wish I stayed man!!!!!!!!! argh!!! I had the confidence on lock down! ah well next time as long as I know I've got better.

Smashfest during the week, I need to play people who I didnt get a chance to play. OPEN INVITE!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I finish college late on Mondays-Tuesdays; early on Wed-Thurs and norm time on Fridays so I can't do tomorrow. If you could do Wed that'd be cool, thanks btw.

/e Dujuan what day?

/e2 Tamao I have to agree, after seeing your Peach I don't think it has that much potential (unless you really really improve), stick with Jiggs.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah sound and everything is fine.

Alex: it has enough potential for me to stick it through I think. At the very least I'm always using peach on falcons. ATM for me, the biggest barrier is my need 2warm up tonnes with peach to get going (which wasn't a problem with jiggs lol!)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
First of all I think I've figured out what went wrong in my bit of the bracket. I should have played warning and that would have been for 5th and then (I think) I would have played gantz for 4th. For me it's kind of ruined any satisfaction I've had of my placing :(. People need to be more ****ing carefull cos without the bracket the tournament suffers A LOT.

To be honest I think a lot of you and I'm talking to almost all the players that attended need to contribute a little more to the monethly running swiftly. Your friendlies are NEVER more important than a tournament match. When people need to play a tournament match you need to stop playing and reset if you don't your holding it up for everyone.

people need to make sure to bring setups as well. there were a ridiculous number of brawl setups esp when considering the amount of people entering. Bringing setups is hardly a huge burden anyway and should be the standard for events like this. Just get your wii + cables and bundle it in a bag!!! It's not even that heavy to carry. Don't ever think that other people will be bringing setups so you don't have to bring yours.

Joe- whats up with missing your train? Esp considering all this talk about being an ace tournament organiser :laugh: you were missed!!

btw-
The Saints > Daves Gays > Tescos

VA

Smash Hero
not so sure about that crew ranking order?

Don't feel too downtrodden about not beating warning or whatever, it's the victories that count not where you placed. So feel good about all the players you managed to defeat.

Also I wasn't aware that friendlies got in the way that much, bracket was actually fairly smooth imo, things just went wrong when tamoo accidentally pulled the socket out for the multi plug thing and everything turned off. Including my friendly vs fuzzy which I was about to win with marth xD

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Plus i dont really remeber being successfully edgeugarded more than 2wice yesterday, OBVIOUSLY it happend but not enough times for me to remeber so **** to all you guys who failed, BB included who didn't get one edgeguard kill on me.
I remember edgeguarding you so I don't know why you said that.

VA

Smash Hero
lol I definitely edgeguarded J3ly just by keeping frames with fox and letting him jump on, also I'm pretty sure mario can't get hit by fox's uthrow uair, especially seeing as I'm incredibly slow at doing it.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i developed a habit of trying to nair/dair out of it, and yeah it does work. Props on the mario waveshine though - can only be done max 3 times in a row cos it hits mario a little bit further away from the middle of the shine, and needs to be started in the exact centre of the hitbox

edit - uthrow uair does work, not the nairing dairing out of it - that is pointless almost always, especiially with dair

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My biggest improvement to date came when I first switched to peach so long ago, I guess it could happen again hopefully!
Your biggest improvement lol.......:confused:

And this biggest improvement was prove while you were playing who exactly lol?

Or did you play someone, win a few times and be like....OHHH I AM BEST WITH PEACH NOW!

I wish I stayed man!!!!!!!!! argh!!! I had the confidence on lock down! ah well next time as long as I know I've got better.

Smashfest during the week, I need to play people who I didnt get a chance to play. OPEN INVITE!
I should be coming to this.
Who thinks they can make it, so far TC said he can make it and I am gonna ask Bishkin and Fandemz.

To be honest I think a lot of you and I'm talking to almost all the players that attended need to contribute a little more to the monethly running swiftly. Your friendlies are NEVER more important than a tournament match. When people need to play a tournament match you need to stop playing and reset if you don't your holding it up for everyone.
Seriously are people still doing this bull****.
You see this is why we need to number TV's, we would clearly be able to see who is fuking about and just walk up to their cube and reset it and give them a warning and it would help things run smoother, it's starting to get ridiculous and if I was there I would just be turning of their cube and not letting this happen, this is why people don't deserve doubles.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
There is no results Blaze. The computer turned off and Charles didn't save the bracket lol.

Would be cool if Brado got a shout-out off of Charles because he practicaly ran Brawl and Charles didn't give a **** after he was out.

I think this is the top 8 for Brawl though;

1st Kira
1st Calzorz (split as no time left)
3rd Willz
4th Doplghost
5th Trio3
5th Ex!le
7th Jmiller
7th Fuzzyness

I think that's right =]

For maylay it was like;
1st Fuzzy
2nd VA
3rd Frostbyte
4th Bullet Bill (?)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I finish college late on Mondays-Tuesdays; early on Wed-Thurs and norm time on Fridays so I can't do tomorrow. If you could do Wed that'd be cool, thanks btw.

/e Dujuan what day?

/e2 Tamao I have to agree, after seeing your Peach I don't think it has that much potential (unless you really really improve), stick with Jiggs.
I was thinking wednesday anyway

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah sound and everything is fine.

Alex: it has enough potential for me to stick it through I think. At the very least I'm always using peach on falcons. ATM for me, the biggest barrier is my need 2warm up tonnes with peach to get going (which wasn't a problem with jiggs lol!)
fair enough if that's how you feel, take what I say with a pinch of salt obviously. though it is how I feel. :p

awesome, just let me know more before then ^^

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Imma do some shoutouts in a bit although they'll be mostly Brawlers cuz I didn't play Melee with anyone besides the people in my pool, TC and L-J. I must say that Calzorz is ****ing good at Melee with Peach and he hardly plays the game lol. Oh well time to step it up I guess. =P

I wish I played as well as I did this morning at TCs then I did yesterday. I don't know wtf was up I couldn't L cancel or anything... **** being nervous >_>

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
um, I had the t.vs numbered but the software I was using didnt have that for t.vs -_-
Yeah I kinda knew you might not have the software for that, but you can easily just appoint people to TV's, just go down the brackets and the first person is TV 1, second TV 2 etc.

And do the same with brawl, and if anyone is on the TV which people are then they get kicked off.

Wendesday sounds good for me, I shall be there.

Top Bottom