• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
on AIB what's the turnout looking like?

I think the turnout will be larger on the 29th and it's good to know that the Southampton people are coming to this frequently lol, isit expensive for you lot?

Deathgazer - Have you been working on your consistency and being smarter lol?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
ermm i havnt really played against human players, since the last monthly, so probably not that much smarter lol
Ic3 should be coming back from Canada soon so il probably give him some games.
been working on my movement between platforms and trying out some platform combos.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
AIB turnout is lame atm, but im working on it, most of the people who have said they are coming i swear are on smashboards anyways lol

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Hey, why can't IC chaingrabing infinites be banned? in my lost tournament, i got ***** by an 12 year old kid hu did dat, nd without it, i beat him rather easily, so plz lol, ban it?

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Yea shld b bringin my capture card figured out y pms laptop goes boom lol coolin fans gone so it needs 2 b rested upside down bit weird might bring other laptop. Shld work fine though. Shld hve 2 setups n a bunch of extentions so no worries about plug sockets lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hey, why can't IC chaingrabing infinites be banned? in my lost tournament, i got ***** by an 12 year old kid hu did dat, nd without it, i beat him rather easily, so plz lol, ban it?
Ugh, what willz says.

Basically, what IC player will do well without it? Its necessary for their metagame. Flat out that kid was MUCH better than you, he was insane, dont put down his skill level just cos he's 12.

Pickled Noob: Yeah we'll meet there as usual, Ben's told me you guys have improved loads so i gotta get some games in with you (Actually, have I ever played you??? Dont think i have, def get some games in this time)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
on AIB what's the turnout looking like?

I think the turnout will be larger on the 29th and it's good to know that the Southampton people are coming to this frequently lol, isit expensive for you lot?

Deathgazer - Have you been working on your consistency and being smarter lol?
it's around 20 for train with a railcard and thats on top of anything else (food, venue) so it's not great tbh. It's the reason I can't come this time round- I might have had enough money left from Bolton but extras like taxis ***** my wallet :(

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I actually think a 12 year old that knows how to infinite AND doing it succesully is pretty **** lol.

Who was this player anyway?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
IC infinites = meta game = no bans

That's what happens when you play brawl, things hapen which you can't stop.
Get use to it or play melee.
explain wobbling :p

I actually think a 12 year old that knows how to infinite AND doing it succesully is pretty **** lol.

Who was this player anyway?
minh, cong's lil brother, he is actually really good

cong

Smash Journeyman
Willz said it plain and simple learn to space

LOL @ ban IC's Chain Grab

and you can beat him easily without the grabs? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BlazeBlaze

Smash Rookie
could someone maybe host a seprate doubles tournament? melee doubles and brawl doubles?

or could you do that fuzzy? if so it would just create even more activity so basically two ranbats a month

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Whatever happens I just hope we dont do that dumb 8 pools thing with 4 people in each one and do something like 4-6 pools, preferably 4.
Things can then run more smoothly and people wont get kicked out cos they got to high level players in one pool when only two people could get through and it was obvious who would.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Thing is, it makes much more sense to have lots of small pools rather than a few large pools because it takes MUCH less time. Remember i think it was two monthlies ago when the time was rediculously short and we had to do BO1 the whole tournament as oppose to last tournament where we had small pools, had BO3 in brackets and still had time at the end.
Large just take too long unfortunately :(

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah thats true, but last tournament saw enough upsets in pools to keep it interesting,

king, deathgazer, l-j, there's a whole list of people that maybe should be up there that didn't quite cut it in pools.

Also, seeding needs to be done more accurately, my pool was rediculous lol, we didn't have anyone that placed in the top 8 there at all, and I dunno who was seeded or anything cos I dont think either me or Blinky deserved to be seeded lol

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
yer we should be waiting around the tube area or some peope at the bus stop, just make sure to get there at around 12.45- 1.30ish

it might be helpful to get to know the people before so you know what they look like lol.
well i have met most of you before, i met you at the may ranbat, i played shiek, remember? :p also went to PH and GGT2

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
At the end of the day no matter how good u r it comes dwn 2 luck n a whole load of it if u get a nice pool n a nice route in double elim then ur fairly set. The more skilled players stand a better chance of gettin through but even 1 sd in a match cld cost them so no matter how skilled u r luck is always gonna b a key factor.

Hopefully I get a nice pool this time =] lol

n if any1 wnts 2 meet up at gants hill I'm up 4 that same time as last which I think was 1

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmmm I'd say that if you beat someone thats better than you, which you need to do to get out of pools, thats when you start to earn your place in the bracket. There is some luck though

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ugggh i wanna come down to this but Manchester tourney is the day after, dont think i can get back up in time.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
blaze doesnt care if trio comes up or not , well thats what he said b4

Edit: regarding the attendents its looking bad siri, auro, calzorz, ixis and myself (KIRA! THE BEST IN THE FRICKEN WORLD AT BOTH GAMES) cant make this one.

Top Bottom