• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
Wow this is boring. So I'm about to book my train tickets for this monthly, can anyone say HYPE!?!?!?!?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Your saying money makes **** competitive?
Your saying money makes people quit games?

Look, what makes you guys fools, is that you guys dont see the real reason these tourneys and monthlies where set up.

It was set up SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE FUN AND HAVE LOTS OF COMPETITION. NOT so people could lose money. Why do you think people attend these monthlies? Its because people just want to FUCKING PLAY SMASH and HAVE FUN.
agreed and well said [2]

I think if people are going to complain about monthlies/ tournaments, they should host their own and see how itl turnout like.

Also, If anyones going to seeLast Dragon anytime soon, as if hes up for a MM. thanks

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
SLIK = **** (WHERE THE HELL IS HE ANYWAY?)

BTW can anyone do something on the 23rd (Friday) In case I can't come to the ranbat?
Hes living with me lol. we play like 4 -5 times a week and he said hes probably not going to attend the monthly

and yer if anyones doing anything on 23rd please let me know. and sorry for double posting lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
:confused:LISTEN TO MY OPINION COS IT'S GOING TO BE FINAL

We all know that I am very likely to win some money when I come to this event.
But i'm not a selfish ***** and gonna ask the money to be raised so I can have an opportunity to win some more money for myself, people don't realize that £5 for an event you aren't likely to win is an extreme put off for people and we will see our attendance slowly drop and our events have been going very good so far for the FUN FACTOR not the money payout factor.

So everyone *** off and realize that the price will not be change for you selfish people and
our events will carry on successfully like they have been so far.....

Wanna win more money you say??? - Challenge people in MM's and do the stock advantage thing I do if people won't accept a normal MM

Won't win enough money yu say??? Your problem, leave the community, we will remember you for a week and our lives will carry on.

this is why we fail compared to everyone else because we dont make it competetive enough. pot should atleast be like 100 pounds each time, not something stupid like 30 for a god **** monthly.
We fail due to lack of TOURNAMENTS (London Monthlies does not equal turnaments) and ALOT of other factors....nothing to do with the entry pot because only 3 people win more from the pot.
So how can them 3 people winning alot of money change the community and make the entire community better from them 3 people winning alot of money???:confused:

Your saying money makes **** competitive?
Your saying money makes people quit games?

Look, what makes you guys fools, is that you guys dont see the real reason these tourneys and monthlies where set up.

It was set up SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE FUN AND HAVE LOTS OF COMPETITION. NOT so people could lose money. Why do you think people attend these monthlies? Its because people just want to FUCKING PLAY SMASH and HAVE FUN.

Again someone fails to realise you go to these monthlies just to play rather than to try and earn yourself a living

oh and guess what

I RECKON MAKO QUIT BRAWL CAUSE THE GAME IS SHIT
Lovin dat sexy Frozenwave reply.

Its kinda ironic how only the BEST players are asking for increase in pot, fucking greedy little *******s think about someone else for a change. This whole topic is fucking trash
Yeah people are selfish, I would like to win more money but not at the expense of the community dying.

blaz3 y do u always feel the need 2 cause trouble on the boards? if u played a real game (melee) then mayb i wld hve abit more respect 4 u but i really dnt coz ur all tlk n when u play u dnt even play well so calm dwn stop causin trouble n just let things b
loooool FUNNY REPLY

Wow this is boring. So I'm about to book my train tickets for this monthly, can anyone say HYPE!?!?!?!?
Bad news.....I can't come to this event anymore which has really pissed me off.

I got called in for some really urgent thing AGAIN and they always do it on these gay dates which annoys me and I can't avoid it but I hope you still attend this cos it will be really good for the people attending this and the experience.

Make sure you get all your matches recorded and stuff so I can see them and by the time you finish reading this post you will know I was lying and I will still be there to **** you lol :) Mindgames ftw!!!

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
um frostbyte used to play against the best in the world at mario kart ds :p he's good trust me
Lol, i've never heard of him:dizzy:

I've met the best in the world 4 times in person.

Who did he say was the best in the world? lol

Becuase he could be talking about some nub -__-

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
About the raising money thing:

Personally i think £5 is way too much and a big put off to people who are not gonna win the tourney.

Keep it as what it is IMO.

Blaze: Remember you don't come to every tourney you only come like every 5 months, so you're not the one who has to dish out 5 pounds to lose every month like alot of us do.

VA

Smash Hero
lool that post made me feel all upset for a second, it was clever. I only read the first sentence and then begun replying, lucky I read the rest before I pressed post. I was going to attend anyway, I can't wait for our match, I feel serious hype about it. HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool that post made me feel all upset for a second, it was clever. I only read the first sentence and then begun replying, lucky I read the rest before I pressed post. I was going to attend anyway, I can't wait for our match, I feel serious hype about it. HYPE HYPE HYPE.
lol Glad the mindgame worked, even though I do have dance on the day it's just training in the studio so it's not essential to attend

Yeah it will defintely be good, I was just trashtalking before when I was saying the **** stuff like I was with Tamoo lol.

Who you ikely to go when we play anyway, I know it's gonna be fox but whoelse?

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol i can't wait for this one, i got a feeling its gonna be the best one so far.

Prof remember our MM £1 2 stock advantage i reckon i can take your money lool

VA

Smash Hero
I know everyone thinks it's stupid but I'm likely to use Marth quite a lot. I have the best marth in the UK probably (jk) just never get it out in tournament. Peach is on the cards, sheik is unlikely but possible. Falcon is very unlikely but the one I'd most like to try out. Luigi is a potential and Falco is almost certainly not going to be played.

People don't understand my practice regimes, my commitment to tech skill and learning all the high tier. But, usually I just get nervous and go all Fox xD

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol people what i posted earlier had no point cuz blaze told me to post something XD

I don't give a **** about the money tbh although I do feel £2 is a lil low for entry still.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Lol i can't wait for this one, i got a feeling its gonna be the best one so far.

Prof remember our MM £1 2 stock advantage i reckon i can take your money lool
Yeah I can defintely feel this one is gonna be good, with all the people attend, the rivalries which HAVE to be settles at this event, everyone is feeling good about this event and the amount of Tv's we have for the event, for melee it's gonna be a really good one and I am looking forward to it BIG TIME

It's good to know you're feeling a bit more confident in our MM lol.
I'm guessing you have improved then since you said that?

My MM List

VA - £5
Edwin - £3
Deathgazer - £1
Tamoo - £2
Unreal - £1 2 stock advantage
Me & Deathgazer vs VA - £2
J3ly - £1 CF 2 stock advantage
Fuzzyness - £2
Dave Gay's vs Out Of Control - £2
KingNDJ - £2 2 stock advanatge

I know everyone thinks it's stupid but I'm likely to use Marth quite a lot. I have the best marth in the UK probably (jk) just never get it out in tournament. Peach is on the cards, sheik is unlikely but possible. Falcon is very unlikely but the one I'd most like to try out. Luigi is a potential and Falco is almost certainly not going to be played.

People don't understand my practice regimes, my commitment to tech skill and learning all the high tier. But, usually I just get nervous and go all Fox xD
Well it's good to know that you play other characters since i've only really seen you play Fox and Peach, no idea how your other characters will do against my fox though lol.

Ive been playing alot of other characters lately and increased my ability alot which is why I ***** Charles with fox vs his falcon the last time I played him lol but im gonna start playing more fox in preparation for the event.

Talking of Tamoo and ****, here is the full set of the EM finals

Match 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo68Y2boxz4
Match 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahIOsQVOag -> bad quality
Match 3&4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DEvRCpPGxo

Couldnt format the last vid cos im at work so i just uploaded the raw file, enjoy
Good stuff, will watch all the matches in a bit when I get the chance.

lol people what i posted earlier had no point cuz blaze told me to post something XD

I don't give a **** about the money tbh although I do feel £2 is a lil low for entry still.
The most it could go up to is £3 which sounds pretty good imo and I think we should defintely consider doing cos this would increase people to actually try and get the pot.

But £5 is visually very putting off and we defintely shouldn't do that. That is tournament entry not monthlies.

loool Why did blaze tell you to say something?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm not even gonna watch my matches cuz I was sandbagging and playing **** so that I could pwn Fuzzy in the finals but then my controller started playing up (cstick not working etc) so I lost.

I say £3/£4 is reasonable for any monthly/fest. Manchester and East Midlands use £3 and I think thats pretty fine. Prof, Blaze told me to post something cuz he wanted a good arguement going loool.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
£4 is still a bit too much a will put people off.

£3 is the maximum it should be at it should only be for big events like this one when alot of people are going to attend.
I personally think that this event could (should :confused:) be £3 but not sure what the community would think, so what does everyone think about £3.

£2 should be for the smaller events when alot of people can't make it.
Do people think that sounds good?

£3 for big London Monthlies, £2 for smaller London Monthlies or just remain the same at £2 or remain £3 from now on?

Blazin is being dumb lol, he needs to come to an event instead of always telling me on facebook he has improved to another level and no1 in the UK can touch him and he needs to show it at the events instead of talking it.

GET THERE 12:30PM OR BEFORE 1PM AS WE ARE GOING TO START EARLY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT DUE TO THE LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ATTENDING THIS AND WE NEED TIME TO SORT STUFF OUT.
IF YOU GET THERE LATE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE VENUE BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT
(WHICH WASTES YOUR TIME)SO GET THERE ON TIME!

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
it was a joke prof.

how you gonna try cop me out like this on smashboards

and people who think im being selfish need to stfu, i didnt even place top 3 so thats bull****. calzorz trio3 kira are all better than me?

and kingndj you chat **** lol, about man doesnt do well, i got 4th

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
also it doesnt matter wether you have respect for me, you dont even know me and i dont know you so that really isnt relevant

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
or a compramise: increase it to £5 BUT split it between more than just the top 3 players..maybe like top 5-8

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it was a joke prof.

how you gonna try cop me out like this on smashboards
How the hell did I cop out lol, I believe what I believe and stand by it and we didn't have an agreement of standing by what each other say or me agreeing with you or you agreeing with me.

And if you're talking about me laughing at what KingNDJ it was funny and i've known him for nearly 2 years now (back in the Spkz days) and we're mad kool and no offence but i've known you for wayyyy shorter so im not gonna say anyfin bad about him or stop him from saying what he wants.

Unless you're talking about somethingelse I can't see :confused:

or a compramise: increase it to £5 BUT split it between more than just the top 3 players..maybe like top 5-8
What's the point, the input for the money would be larger and and the payout would be small.

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
so? if you people are so concerned about having fun and not taking money then that seems ideal

and i meant you talking about our fb convos, but since you bring the ndj thing up yeh uve known him for long but no need to take sides

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The FB convo we had of you saying you've improved alot and you're gonna **** people at the event isn't a conversation which is usually kept on a secret level lol.

So me saying that in this thread isn't coping out lol

I even told you in the FB convo to come to the event and prove it lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
consdering Uv Just Gone On In Many Posts About The Love Of The Game , If U Loved It Why Dont U Get A 6 Hour Coach To East Midlands Or Somewhere For A Fest? Money Too Much? **** Aint We Just Going Bak To Wot U Was Saying Money Doesnt Even Come Into It U Play For Fun , Then Get Of Ur Fat *** And Travel For Fun , And Who The Hell Would Complain About 2 Pound Being Too Much Are You Seriouse? I Think U.k Would Be Getting Of Lucky With 5 Pound Entry Fees Considering American Fests Have 10 Dollar Entry Fees With Sometimes Turnouts As Low As 30 In Canada Especially , But Yes If People Thought If I Win This Il Get Some Money To Travel To A Event Outside Of London And Improve My Game More+ Get Well Known It Would Help The Communitys Level Of Gameplay Improve If Every Body Actually Trained Really Hard As They Know Its Worth Winning

Edit: Personally I Love To Travel And Meet My Freinds At London But I Think The Entry Fee At 5 Pounds Would Make It More Rewarding For The Winner Even 2nd And 3rd Place Would Get A Nice Reward And If 1st And 2nd Actually Split It Would Add Up To Alot And Be Worth Splitting Ah Well Its Up To Fuzzy And Other People In The Community I Cant Say Im That Botherd It Be Nice If It Was 5 Pounds Tho, The Only People Who Travel Outside Of London On A Regular Basis Is Ixis , Auroreon And Mybe Fuzzy , Tamoo Has Started Traveling Outside Of London Quite Regulary These Are People Who Spend Money For "fun" As You Say , U Cannot Talk About Spending Money For Fun If U Aint Been Outside Of London
?... @ bolded

The Lust

Smash Cadet
Where is the Cool banter this is lame !!!! someone say they are going to **** someone!!!!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
agreed and well said [2]

I think if people are going to complain about monthlies/ tournaments, they should host their own and see how itl turnout like
so who else hosts events with 20 t.vs, a good venue and always good? + people coming from all around the UK and new players every month or two?

Blaze do you do that? other people (not gonna name)? Stop telling people what you want because you're a big name and think of hte other people.. I'm not convinced to change the pot until there are a fair amount of high level players in the community or I host a proper UK/National tournament. You also have to consider this is monthly

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Bad news.....I can't come to this event anymore which has really pissed me off.

I got called in for some really urgent thing AGAIN and they always do it on these gay dates which annoys me and I can't avoid it but I hope you still attend this cos it will be really good for the people attending this and the experience.

Make sure you get all your matches recorded and stuff so I can see them and by the time you finish reading this post you will know I was lying and I will still be there to **** you lol :) Mindgames ftw!!!
LOL you *******, you fooled me too

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Someone Do Something On Friday!!!!
Lust Go **** Someone!!!
Prof Go Practice Some Kick Shine Kick Shine!!!
Fuzzyness...shut Up!!!

Team Ooc Baby!!!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
so who else hosts events with 20 t.vs, a good venue and always good? + people coming from all around the UK and new players every month or two?

Blaze do you do that? other people (not gonna name)? Stop telling people what you want because you're a big name and think of hte other people.. I'm not convinced to change the pot until there are a fair amount of high level players in the community or I host a proper UK/National tournament. You also have to consider this is monthly
yeah get to know people.
YOU DA MAN Fuzz.
also do you want any help with the tio fing as in using it to assign matches to tv's in the bracket stage?? might make the tournament run smoother and quicker??

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Someone Do Something On Friday!!!!
Lust Go **** Someone!!!
Prof Go Practice Some Kick Shine Kick Shine!!!
Fuzzyness...shut Up!!!

Team Ooc Baby!!!
I'm free on friday, whats up?

I duno, might print out t.v numbers but I dont think it'll help it run faster. The monitor at the front last time seemed to work really well

Top Bottom