• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Lool whats with Fuzzy beating every1, he doesnt even play Brawl and still he's beating u all at ur own game. Yeah his ROB is good and all (cant beat my Falco), but us Brawl players should be showing him that Melee players cant just pick Brawl straight up from playing melee, u guys a gonna have to beat him at Melee now, u disgust me looool, jks, well done Charles though, i thought Bking and Siri would have been able to beat you. Seems like im gonna have to come down London next event with Calz, we will deliver buisness, lolcocky.
LOOOOOL!!!!!! hell yea hell yea altho it wud be nice to see londoners come down to east midlands once in a while since weve been to london to deliver the buisness to many times:laugh:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The Anime expo is on the Saturday + Sunday. I'm going both days because I'm awesome.

Also I should be in London on the Thursday or Friday. So maybe I could meet some of you guys for some games... =]

Well on thursday I end college real early so I'd be up for it.

I may go on sunday if I can be asked <.<

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm just hoping travel to the expo isn't **** on a sunday otherwise I might have to go on sat x_x

Tamoo

Smash Master
Couple of shoutouts now that im back

Charles: daamn man, ur falcon just shuts everything I do down, gotta watch sum mango, and did you really expect to win going marth gainst me lool?

Chrisboi: Aah man, I had proper fun playing with you, I guess you won the matches that mattered tho, still, I believe you said Id struggle to get top 5 at the start of the day, did I surprise you lol?

Unreal: Still improving which is good to see, need to use shine more. Also, u gotta use fsmash muuuch less. If i was feeling particularly gay, im pretty sure I coulda just sat in my shield and grabbed to rest the whole match, but wheres the fun in that eh?

Dacacia: That match on yoshi's was probs one of the hardest matches for me in the tournament, **** you and your stage control hehe, good games though.

Warning: Fun times playing doubles with ya man, also, ur match vs el nino was a highlight of the day, seriously sick stuff right there.

Killerjawz: good to see someone new to the scene whos up for a bit of smash, see you at em i guess, and hopefully, we can convert you to melee one day like i was lol. It will happen. Also, to find out how to mod ur wii, go onto the brawl boards, smash workshop or sumthing like that, or just ask ppl in the UK brawl community how they did it.

Ixis: holy **** man, ur match vs jmiller was like the only brawl match i really paid any attention to, how does someone so big deal with that barrage of projectiles man!

Guys I was playing friendlies with at the beginning of the tournament: Sorry cant remember names lol, but for your first tournament, u guys were surprisingly good, infinitely better than when i went to my first tournament lol so keep it up guys.

Tio file?

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Thx for nice words and advice Tamoo.

Yeah there were two melee players and it was their first tournament (MetroidFan09) i don't know the other guys name but his Fox was suprisingly good.

Killerjawz: good to see someone new to the scene whos up for a bit of smash, see you at em i guess, and hopefully, we can convert you to melee one day like i was lol. It will happen. Also, to find out how to mod ur wii, go onto the brawl boards, smash workshop or sumthing like that, or just ask ppl in the UK brawl community how they did it.

If I wanted to play melee I'd have to get a new GC since mine keeps making my chars walk to the right >.>...... Besides, even if I did get into melee, I'd still play brawl xD. Thanks for the mod info btw.

Tio file?
^This

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Thx for nice words and advice Tamoo.

Yeah there were two melee players and it was their first tournament (MetroidFan09) i don't know the other guys name but his Fox was suprisingly good.
Oh, imma take a guess at that other guy being me ^_^ I was there with MF09.

And on a side note, I don't think I will be able to come to these tourneys any time soon :'( My parents dont want to keep driving me there, coz they have to find things to do while I'm there. But I could take the train, but I'm not to good with trains and neither is MF09. But we'll see. Pity to, coz it was such a great tourney with alot of great people.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Oh, imma take a guess at that other guy being me ^_^ I was there with MF09.

And on a side note, I don't think I will be able to come to these tourneys any time soon :'( My parents dont want to keep driving me there, coz they have to find things to do while I'm there. But I could take the train, but I'm not to good with trains and neither is MF09. But we'll see. Pity to, coz it was such a great tourney with alot of great people.
Hey, whereabouts in Befordshire are you from, my home is in Milton Keynes but Im currently in Hatfield for uni so maybe during holidays we could play some melee or something.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
dammit fuzzy, stop ignoring people and post the ****ing tio file instead of making short meaningless posts

Wow I googled the GC thing and basically learnt that reset gets rid of it, so yeah, both my GC controllers work fine now, just practising some Jiggs atm <3

Btw I did see a memory card lying around near a Wii near the end so I think somebody must have taken it out but forgot about it.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Right, shoutout time!

Fuzz: Thanks for hosting another great fest dude, well done on winning both games man, slick ROB as always and good going owning chrisboi in melee finals, i wanted it to be you vs Tamoo but oh well. Hopefully next time we can record my commentating :p, and thanks for letting me pay you the rest of the cash back another time.

Tamoo: Next time you won't lose to chrisboi and that **** marth with his cheat tips. Well done on third place anyway, awesome jiggums.

Dave: I didn't speak to you much but always good to see you. You and Tamoo are still my favorite melee players.

KillerJawz: Great friendlies at the start, i gotta 1v1 your epic Samus. Will be good to get Samus experience.

Cong: Sick diddy as always, didn't get to play you but oh well next time. Tell your brother he's going down next time :p

JMiller: Unlucky with the SD's in our match, next time man next time. And yea we gotta do more friendlies so you can get your bowser matchup experience.

BoxingKing: I can't believe i messed up in our matches, but oh well. Your Pikachu is still the best i know, too good man too good.

Tails Chao: Was good to see you again TC! Cool as always.

Cloudrain: Didn't get to have friendlies with you but next time for sure, unlucky against Siri but keep it up, sweet Fox.

Siri: Oh my god! Our matches were so epic and that **** beam sword you pulled out just ruined it all for me, and if that wasn't enough, in the final match i got hit by an evil turnip wtf!?!? Oh well, those were some great matches anyway, you're still the top Peach.

Warning: Repping my man Warning for melee! Epic Falcon, almost made top 4. Those Falcon ditto's with El nino (i think) were so horrible. And **** that's MY GC controller that's getting you all those knee's XD

Hoe4u: HOE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The UK's Olimar representer. Hopefully next time you aren't pitted against Warning so early like this time since you hate Snake's lolol. We both moved up in the rankings and made top 10, good stuff.

auroreon: Unlucky on the placement, don't let one fest get you down, your name was above jimmy's at least :3

Jihad: We gotta get more friendlies, keep up the epic Lucario man, good stuff.

MakoMako: MAKO!!! WHERE WERE YOU!?!? I wanted to play your sick G&W but you didn't show up!!! :(!!!! Also auro was hoping to have another go on Project Diva for your PSP :3. Please come next time you're one of my favorite smashers.

Kira!: Lolz Kira, Calz says you're in deep training, shame you didn't show up, it's been a while since we've played. Next time i guess, love your Falco and MK.

Calzorz: **** you couldn't make it, oh well. Next time hopefully, and bring Trio3 and Yeniths with you! Look what happens when both you and Kira don't show, Fuzzy wins brawl! lol, but srs your Snake is still too good man, too good.

Tis all i can remember for now. For everyone I've forgotten, thanks for coming and don't miss the next one. Oh and can more people bring setups next time? kthxbai. Also, **** my entire October is being wasted on smash fests and eurogamer and anime expo's and all this other nonsense, looks like Halo ODST and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are gonna have to wait till November :(, i probably won't even have enough money for it all. Seriously though Fuzz, October seems a little to packed together i really think you should consider skipping next month and just host again in November.

auroreon

Smash Ace
auroreon: Unlucky on the placement, don't let one fest get you down, your name was above jimmy's at least :3

I don't even deserve to be above Jimmy man, I sucked. 17th!!! That was disgracefull, I played so horribly... I have brought shame to my Yoshi tribe. ='(

Guess I will just have to make up for it on the 10th.

Well anyway, was a fun tourney as always. Good to see some new faces and get some good games. Congratz to everyone on their placing, and to anyone dissapointed with how they did... at least you didn't do as bad as me. =P
Me and Ixis will bring 2 setups again next time, there seems to be a lack of people bring them so I just wanna stress to all those who have Wiis to make the effort to bring them. There is deffinitly enough TVs now so more people bringing setups is what we need. The more setups we have, the faster and more smoothly the tourney runs and the more friendlys everyone gets... also more people can play friendlys PROPERLY with TWO characters on the screen at once, NOT FOUR. >=(
Oh also, if your Wii isn't hacked don't worry about it, contact me if you want and I will guide you through the process as I am expert in the matter. =P
Even if its not hacked and you don't wanna hack it, just bring it anyway... saving replays doesn't matter that much.

Oh and Fuzzy, I think I would be inclined to agree with Ixis about skipping october... theres so much going on this month, I can't see the turnout being high with so many clashes. October is just an awkward month. =/

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
nessy, id be happy to meet up with you at a train station if your really that bad lol

thanks fuzzy, ill be sure to pick my scart up one the 24th :p

thanks to everyone i played, sorry for any suicides i may have made, i have the most F***** up controller atm <_<
anyway me and siri will try our best to make the next one, maybe even an apperance from untouched...i dunno :p

o yeah ixis ill try get your matches up on youtube asap :)

Retroking2000

Smash Master
haha i loved the match chris vs tamoo
:D

good job on placings everyone
im surprised mako didnt go he is hardly ever a no show

did VA even go ? i didnt see him on tamoos list

and i take it pro didnt either

lol what , 17-20 TVs i go to last two monthlies and you pull this fuzzy not cool man

hope everyone had a good time

man these events just get better and better .

Top Bottom