• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Also I used the power of Ddiz tag to guide me to victory in the grand finals :)

VA lost to Trif 2-1 in Peach Dittos
Fuzzy lost to me 3-0 in WB and in GF's 3-1 < Only game I lost
I beat Trif 3-0 in WB but he is still pretty good :)
X1-12 sent VA to the losers bracket 2-0
VA went fox and X1-12 Falco
(It's Alan)
X1-12 beat VA in Swiss and AmcD put VA into loser bracket.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
guess whos back on the boards! Prof has probably been drumming it into you guys heads but my tournament will be in January.

Last Thursdays brawl tournament had 26 people in the bracket starting at 7pm and finishing by 9pm. So my london monthly style tournament is going to be RAM packed! thus increasing the pot.

Thoughts about making it a UK national but seems to be heading that way anyway.

If you want more details just holler at me! (still working on the thread)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Last Thursdays brawl tournament had 26 people in the bracket starting at 7pm and finishing by 9pm. So my london monthly style tournament is going to be RAM packed! thus increasing the pot.

THIS...

Imagine how big the tourn will be guys when 26 people who aren't involved in our smash scene come to the event, IN COMBINATION WITH OUR OWN SCENE :bee:

We will be borrowing Fuzzy's 16 TV's so there will be loads of setups, 8 for Melee and Brawl which is VERY legit!!!

We will ALSO be releasing video footage of the venue so people know what it looks like :awesome:

Nice job Tristan

Prof What happend to Alex?

and what was the turnout for this?? x

and I knew you would win <3
Thanks baby :)

And I think there were 20ish people, it was a decent turnout, don't know what happened

X1 muther****in 12 what a beast ;)

Prof too dominant now, happy i'm not in london anymore... :)
5th Tournament in a row i've won now, so im pretty happy with my performance so far and hope to continue dominating :)

And where are you since you aren't in London :(
You better be making OoC tournament and booking them days off.

I got mugged on the way home..meh..

ipod nano + headphones + red ds lite + green luigi pad + gamecube + passport + bank card + oyster card + railcard stolen -_-
REALLY!!!!

Whereabouts did it happen and did they/he physically mug you?

That's really gay man, people are just dicks for no reasons

Being mugged sucks man I feel ya

I got mugged back in March by some wannabe g's, ******s knicked my blackberry and tried to take my ipod touch and wallet but dropped it lol. Knew one of the guys from college (dumb **** didn't even realise it was me and I'd chilled with him before) and got the police involved and now he's probs going pen for 2years once we go court in December. Serves him right loool

Where abouts was it? I know people around Barking and Dagenham I can help you loool

and wtf x1-f4gg0tg4yg4yg4y12 beat VA?
guess i have to admit he's good now...

LOL Tell me if that person successfully goes to Jail so I can lul to myself.

(It's Alan)
X1-12 beat VA in Swiss and AmcD put VA into loser bracket.
My apologies, THIS IS RIGHT!!!

Gonna do a shoutout anyway soon.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
He should be going prison, even his lawyer told him he's got no chance. Fact is he's **** scared and tried to get me to drop charges by coming up to me at college with his bredrens saying he'll get me a new bb lool
If anyone thinks they're a gangsta put em in the pen and that'll show them how much of a ***** they really are

:phone:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
THIS...

REALLY!!!!

Whereabouts did it happen and did they/he physically mug you?

That's really gay man, people are just dicks for no reasons

LOL Tell me if that person successfully goes to Jail so I can lul to myself.

it was on my street but the other end, guy was round the corner and got me from behind..someone else came from nowhere and started hitting me threatening me they had a knife and taking my stuff. Hitting me in the head asking me for my pin code but I said no till they eventually just left, if they took out a knife it wouldve been a diff story

Man..im just pissed off

Heartstring

Smash Legend
guess whos back on the boards! Prof has probably been drumming it into you guys heads but my tournament will be in January.

once again, imad. i want to come but ill be busy in america :D
i would say to not get your hopes too high, because people flake at last minute. but i cant help but feel that my events demise was down to location, which obviously isnt an issue for you

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
it was on my street but the other end, guy was round the corner and got me from behind..someone else came from nowhere and started hitting me threatening me they had a knife and taking my stuff. Hitting me in the head asking me for my pin code but I said no till they eventually just left, if they took out a knife it wouldve been a diff story

Man..im just pissed off
should of said you got smash mans, no one would **** with professor pro or alpha dash

I got jumped from behind by 3 people while I was holding shopping bags and my gfs hand, and then kicked and punched on the ground. Fun times :awesome:

and Alpha Dash: you should post your tournament in the european tournament listings forum or w/e it's called. your tournament should get more interest than that dumb expo one and it would be cool to get some europeans down :)

VA

Smash Hero
and wtf x1-f4gg0tg4yg4yg4y12 beat VA?
guess i have to admit he's good now...
This fails to mention that I won 2-0 in the satly runback, 3 stock with falcon.

There are actually too many johns for me at the this tournament that I won't mention them..

I hope people had fun.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Nice job Tristan

Prof What happend to Alex?

and what was the turnout for this?? x

and I knew you would win <3
I got 7th, along with Crystalnite. I lost 3 sets overall, 1 in swiss to Trif, sent to losers by Trif and I was knocked out by Swizzyness.

I got mugged on the way home..meh..

ipod nano + headphones + red ds lite + green luigi pad + gamecube + passport + bank card + oyster card + railcard stolen -_-
Dude that really sucks, what time was this at? East London is full of pricks and hopefully something is done about it. :(

26 people at M&M is very impressive and I'm genuinely surprised that it has grown so much, looks like they bring out all of Croydon's bedroom warriors lool. I would suggest not hosting a national as your first event, stick with a monthly to gain some experience first.

:king:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Alpha Dash & Prof- I'm hearing a lot of good things about these tournaments that you're running. Since they're in Croydon, they'll be much easier for me to get to from Southampton so you can definitely count me as interested

VA- I have to say, this tournament was really good. It was well-run and finished in plenty of time making it better for everyone. Thanks to you, Sam and Mike for running it cos you really did do a good job.

Charles- really gutted to hear about that mate :(. Hopefully something can be done about it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO

Next time I host a smashfest I expect a better attendance!! All the people that attended mine this weekend said it was good but it could have been better cos there should have been more smashers. Londoners- have a look at the coach/train prices as soon as you're interested because then you have a good chance of being able to book for cheap.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
The turnout is going to be epic. Even if I am getting my hopes up by then I'm expecting more than 70 people. And because I have spoken to a few gaming shops they will also be promoting it for us. I'm going to have to work on getting a security guard for the day too.

Is anyone artistic enough to design posters and flyers for my event? please let me know ASAP!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im no arty person, but i know blastzone will be a few months after your event. if someone is willing to hand out BZ2 fliers-as ill be away-at this then i will love them ^^

70 people...jesus christ
ill post a link to the tournament thread in the brawl facebook group for you

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
The turnout is going to be epic. Even if I am getting my hopes up by then I'm expecting more than 70 people. And because I have spoken to a few gaming shops they will also be promoting it for us. I'm going to have to work on getting a security guard for the day too.

Is anyone artistic enough to design posters and flyers for my event? please let me know ASAP!
2 things:
- get someone to post this on AiB (hell ill do it if ya want) as well might up even more attendees seeing as its brawl also.
- i reckon i know someone who would design posters flyers etc if you give em a concept to work with....

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I'll advertise this on AiB, I know tons of wifi smashers in London (I know like 5 that live inn Croydon and they haven't gone to any of tourneys yet -_- ) and elsewhere in the UK.

This tournament is gonna be biiiiig!
Is it gonna be a day or 2 day tourney?

- Willz

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
im no arty person, but i know blastzone will be a few months after your event. if someone is willing to hand out BZ2 fliers-as ill be away-at this then i will love them ^^

70 people...jesus christ
ill post a link to the tournament thread in the brawl facebook group for you
I'll def go to blastzone 2. I should have gone to the first one I know, but I won't flake again

Jolteon

We really need to be more active in getting bedroom smashers to come to tournaments. Croydon alone has found nearly 30 so far and even Brighton had quite a few.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if someone wants to make a flier FAST for this, ill put a few around the brawl stand at expo next weekend for you...along with some of my own :B

neutralshadow

Smash Apprentice
Charles man, believe the kids in our area won't do anything if you know people.

Come meet some people I know and notice how nobody talks **** or starts after seeing you with them LOL

VA

Smash Hero
VA- I have to say, this tournament was really good. It was well-run and finished in plenty of time making it better for everyone. Thanks to you, Sam and Mike for running it cos you really did do a good job.
Thanks for this shout out, it makes it worthwhile to hear that people enjoyed the experience. I really put a lot of time into organising it, Sam too.

It was good to see you again Bill, I think any bad air from the past has cleared.

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
i havnt let the house yet, becos of my tooth pains, but im going dentist on friday so i will see

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Thanks for this shout out, it makes it worthwhile to hear that people enjoyed the experience. I really put a lot of time into organising it, Sam too.

It was good to see you again Bill, I think any bad air from the past has cleared.
Def good to hear that from you VA. I was kinda worried what my reception would be like at one point lol

I'll be looking forward to attending these tournaments in the future though especially considering it ran really well for time, and cost me £15 in total which is seriously good for a tournament

Jolteon

Also Robby I'd like to say the bar/music/videos were awesome ideas, it helped the atmosphere a lot, made it seem like a chill tournament rather than just a regular video game tournament in a hot and smelly venue.

VA

Smash Hero
Also Robby I'd like to say the bar/music/videos were awesome ideas, it helped the atmosphere a lot, made it seem like a chill tournament rather than just a regular video game tournament in a hot and smelly venue.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Shame people didn't seem to playing the other games so much, but I can understand that. I just wish we'd had as good attendance as we had for smash in the other games.

I was very happy with the way everything looked and the overall vibe. I can't believe how much we managed to fit into the day, everyone got at least 3 matches (same as 4 man pools) and most people had at least 5.

Had half the people who said they were going to come show up, we might have opened more people's eyes to competitive games.

***sigh***
Haaa. Man it was fun meeting you, thanks for coming down. I hope you got home safely and get all your work done.

Top Bottom