• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
Southernrailway reports that I should be there by 10:57, which I understand is rather close to the start time of the Swiss rounds, but the the venue is apparently right next to the train station according to the google map.

edit

---->
Yeah fair enough, I was just thinking it might be easier for you to come Friday night if possible, or something that's not ridiculous o'clock in the morning. As long as you make sure the TOs know....:cool:

KI7

Smash Rookie
This will probably be lost very fast but lets try it:

Ayo,
Ive been in England for 1 and a half months now and my time here is awesome. The only thing which is missing so far is Melee. It is horrible, if ure ****ing motivated and watch tons of matches but cant play.

So: Is there someone living near to (/easy/cheap to reach from) the Victoria Coach station who wants a Melee day next week?
I even would drive to the neardiest nerd...
Im an easy and chilled person. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308383

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
K17: I can convince Alpha Dash to host on your behalf, getting to Croydon from Victoria is not very difficult.

:king:

KI7

Smash Rookie
@Jolteon: Thx a lot, but Croydon makes it (the journey) 5pounds more expensive and probably 30-45min longer... for just one day it isnt really worth it.

@Unreal91: Now pls tell me that ure a cool guy and have time for/want one Melee day next week. ^^

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
i may host next week shall let you know bro wouldn't be hard to get to mine from victoria and shouldn't cost extra as only london underground :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This will probably be lost very fast but lets try it:

Ayo,
Ive been in England for 1 and a half months now and my time here is awesome. The only thing which is missing so far is Melee. It is horrible, if ure ****ing motivated and watch tons of matches but cant play.

So: Is there someone living near to (/easy/cheap to reach from) the Victoria Coach station who wants a Melee day next week?
I even would drive to the neardiest nerd...
Im an easy and chilled person. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308383
Surely the nerdier nerd is the nerd who calls another nerd the nerdiest

KI7

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to sound cool on the internet. =/

@jjlinyard: Mh I think its around the same to yours like it is with Croydon. Would be only worth it, if I could stay the night, but this leads to the next problem: The organisation Im staying here with is a ***** when it is about staying in London for a night -> Id need to know early to plan.

=
- spontaneous I only can go near to Victoria and stay from around 10-11am to 6-8pm (sth like this)
- to go further I need time to plan and housing over the night

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Looks like I won't be able to come to Southampton and im still trying to make it to Brighton

AC is saying something along the lines of that he doesn't know if he has to go to Church on that day and from the sounds of it he was making it seem like it was going to cost over £15 (and that's split between 5 people each, which doesn't make sense cos I still think it should be less) to go to Brighton, so if he was to include Southampton I know it would be more.

So from the looks of it I will prob just be going Brighton unless AC offers some cheap price to got to both, as he admitted himself that he would prob be charging more then it takes to actually get a Coach/Train down there.

^^^

Also this isn't me trolling lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Looks like I won't be able to come to Southampton and im still trying to make it to Brighton

AC is saying something along the lines of that he doesn't know if he has to go to Church on that day and from the sounds of it he was making it seem like it was going to cost over £15 (and split between 5 people which doesn't make sense) to go to Brighton, so if he was to include Southampton I know it would be more.

So from the looks of it I will prob just be going Brighton unless AC offers some cheap price to got to both, as he admitted himself that he would prob be charging more then it takes to actually get a Coach/Train down there.

^^^

This is basically really dissapointing. I don't know why it's taken until a few days away until you found out how much AC was asking for.

Are there any Londoners that are coming to this then?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace

AC is saying something along the lines of that he doesn't know if he has to go to Church on that day and from the sounds of it he was making it seem like it was going to cost over £15 (and that's split between 5 people each, which doesn't make sense cos I still think it should be less) to go to Brighton, so if he was to include Southampton I know it would be more.

^^^

Hmmmm but is brighton still a deff yes? cause if not I gotta start looking up prices etc might just do that anyways....

@Bullet Bill - i was hoping to get a lift but if it isn't possible I will prob have to give it a miss cause of funds really but I shall look to see what I can find.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'd like to remind all Londoners thinking of going- A lift with AC isn't the only way to go. A Return with railcard is still only £24 quid. You'd be missing out on a really ****ing awesome smashfest if you let this one go

jjlinyard

Smash Ace

^^^

cheapest tickets I found were £5 there and £5 back however the train there would mean arriving at around 8.30 in the morning. there is a £7.50 ticket there for 9.30 arrival but hmmmm so its your guys call once you've figured out what AC is doing probably better to do train if he isnt going Ben's but if he is going Ben's then to drive.....

now it terms of timing etc to get to Ben's, if you went after the tournament from brighton it would cost a cheapest of £14.90 I found to get there, but then a **** load to get back (on the sunday) by train to london however an alternative of taking a coach from southampton back to london at £10 is the cheapest option.

all that of course was done without reductions of travelcards and all the other **** i dont have.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Tbh 'Completely not trolling' I actually don't know if I can make this tournament anymore, I will have to see in the next day if I can but some stuff has happened and I don't think I will be able to make it anymore.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Tbh 'Completely not trolling' I actually don't know if I can make this tournament anymore, I will have to see in the next day if I can but some stuff has happened and I don't think I will be able to make it anymore.
You are such a wasteman, how can we enjoy the rest of our lives without the presence of the UK's finest fox Professor ****ing Pro

:( this sucks

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Also I used the power of Ddiz tag to guide me to victory in the grand finals :)

VA lost to Trif 2-1 in Peach Dittos
Fuzzy lost to me 3-0 in WB and in GF's 3-1 < Only game I lost
I beat Trif 3-0 in WB but he is still pretty good :)
X1-12 sent VA to the losers bracket 2-0
VA went fox and X1-12 Falco

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Nice job Tristan

Prof What happend to Alex?

and what was the turnout for this?? x

and I knew you would win <3

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I got mugged on the way home..meh..

ipod nano + headphones + red ds lite + green luigi pad + gamecube + passport + bank card + oyster card + railcard stolen -_-

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I got mugged on the way home..meh..

ipod nano + headphones + red ds lite + green luigi pad + gamecube + passport + bank card + oyster card + railcard stolen -_-
Being mugged sucks man I feel ya

I got mugged back in March by some wannabe g's, ******s knicked my blackberry and tried to take my ipod touch and wallet but dropped it lol. Knew one of the guys from college (dumb **** didn't even realise it was me and I'd chilled with him before) and got the police involved and now he's probs going pen for 2years once we go court in December. Serves him right loool

Where abouts was it? I know people around Barking and Dagenham I can help you loool

and wtf x1-f4gg0tg4yg4yg4y12 beat VA?
guess i have to admit he's good now...

Top Bottom