• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well let's figure out how much Brighton cost first...

And then I will ask him about Southampton, he already knows about Southampton so I told him the whole money situation so let's just wait for some confirmation.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ok cool, btw with the tournament fee: it's £5 online and £10 in person. If you pay an extra £5 toward my petrol then I can book online for you.

edit: nvm it seems that the £5 thing is for people not entering any brackets, it's £10 to enter smash as well as pay for venue fee.

:king:

Jolteon

If you want to see who the tournament organisers are just look at the page. :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Jolteon & JJlinyard - I just rang AC and he is ok with it :)
He is going to get back to us with prices.

RECORDING EQUIPMENT is sorta a must for this event....espesh with Me, VA, Fuzz and this Trif person going to be there.
VA do you think you could bring your stuff???
awesome I just signed up so holla when you get the prices and like always I have my equipment if someone has a laptop with windows xp to use it with as I haven't been bothered to learn how to run it off an external yet.

Who is going to Southampton?

I've booked, please tell me other people will be there :urg:
depends if ac is driving there ;)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think someones playing a very elaborate joke on me here. the prof and VA are agreeing on things and the melee community seems to have its **** together as a whole
the hell is going on

Jolteon

i think someones playing a very elaborate joke on me here. the prof and VA are agreeing on things and the melee community seems to have its **** together as a whole
the hell is going on
They actually get on well, they just have a lot of arguments on the boards.

@JJ: I have a laptop with Windows 7, apparently it works you just need different software. I'm not 100% sure the hardware is good enough but it should be. If Charles could bring his capture card that would work best, though.

FL Behemoth

Smash Rookie
edit: nvm it seems that the £5 thing is for people not entering any brackets, it's £10 to enter smash as well as pay for venue fee.
£10 for smash and venue fee is the online offer, on the day it will be £10 venue and £5 tournament.

For those that can't book online we will have a new offer up shortly.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Everyone at Bullet Bills is going to the Brighton thing too though so if you're gonna bother coming down for one of them you may as well go to both. You can get housed at Bullet Bill's too

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's not that we don't want to go to Bullet Bill's because we do....the problem is we don't know how much AC will charge us for it as we don't even know how much we are paying him to take us to Brighton.

It should be a lot less because it's getting split 5 ways but we still need some confirmation.

Also I think we're only going to the 'day before' smashfest and not the 'day after' smashfest if we do end up.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
It's not that we don't want to go to Bullet Bill's because we do....the problem is we don't know how much AC will charge us for it as we don't even know how much we are paying him to take us to Brighton.

It should be a lot less because it's getting split 5 ways but we still need some confirmation.

Also I think we're only going to the 'day before' smashfest and not the 'day after' smashfest if we do end up.
This is a little last minute though prof. You have had quite a lot of time to try and get cheap travel by coach or train and you didn't because you never bother to book things for yourself :glare:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im not the only one lol...neither did the people who are getting the journey with me.

And I can't do anything cos I literally just spoke to AC and he said that he is going to confirm the prices by Monday, anyone who drives has an idea of how much that might be split between 5 people?

A journey from London to Southampton. then to Brighton, then back to London.

Edit - If we do come there will be 5 of us, so make sure you have enough setups and stuff.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Okay thanks jolteon

So, I would like very much to attend the Brighton event. From what I've gathered, it would be most efficient for me to catch the 04:26(!) from Glasgow Central to Brighton on Saturday, attend the tournament, and then...I'm not so sure. Do you all in the UK tend to have "afterparty" events? In the US, regional tournaments are pretty much always followed by a smashfest by local(s) who are housing people who have come from afar. However, I wouldnt necessarily expect that in this case because this event seems to be a bit more public. Regardless, is anyone in Brighton housing people? If not, I think my next best option would be to go to Bill's (for ~£15) Saturday night and leave Sunday morning for a trip [7 hours lol] back to Glasgow from Southampton Airport via Euston.

Does anyone think I might be able to make that trip more efficient? Thanks for reading btw.

VA

Smash Hero
Okay thanks jolteon

So, I would like very much to attend the Brighton event. From what I've gathered, it would be most efficient for me to catch the 04:26(!) from Glasgow Central to Brighton on Saturday, attend the tournament, and then...I'm not so sure. Do you all in the UK tend to have "afterparty" events? In the US, regional tournaments are pretty much always followed by a smashfest by local(s) who are housing people who have come from afar. However, I wouldnt necessarily expect that in this case because this event seems to be a bit more public. Regardless, is anyone in Brighton housing people? If not, I think my next best option would be to go to Bill's (for ~£15) Saturday night and leave Sunday morning for a trip [7 hours lol] back to Glasgow from Southampton Airport via Euston.

Does anyone think I might be able to make that trip more efficient? Thanks for reading btw.
You might be able to stay at mine on Saturday. I'm really not sure who is at the moment...but there will probably be room on the couch or something.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Yo peeps it's Fuzzy's brother here!

If anyone here would like to go to the Zelda concert on Tuesday 25th October and would like a ticket at discounted price I'm currently selling 5 tickets. They are currently being listed on eBay for £55 but I'm willing to sell them to London Smashers for £40/each.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220875754238

Note: These are the circle tickets priced up at £62.50

Contact me or Fuzzy if you're interested x

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Okay thanks jolteon

you can go back to mine if you want to

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Well, my issue is one more of logistical ease. Because I'm having to catch a train wherever I go and I eventually have to make my way to Euston (and time spent not travelling is time spent sleeping/playing friendlies with talented players) I wanted to find the best way to minimize time/money spent on trains. I certainly dont mind sleeping on the floor, if that's the problem.

VA

Smash Hero
Well, my issue is one more of logistical ease. Because I'm having to catch a train wherever I go and I eventually have to make my way to Euston (and time spent not travelling is time spent sleeping/playing friendlies with talented players) I wanted to find the best way to minimize time/money spent on trains. I certainly dont mind sleeping on the floor, if that's the problem.
You can stay at mine, it's ok I think. But there are a lot of people staying and my flat is small. Just a warning.

VA

Smash Hero
Okay thanks jolteon

Just to be certian, your 4:26 train gets you to brighton for what time exactly?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Just to be certian, your 4:26 train gets you to brighton for what time exactly?
Southernrailway reports that I should be there by 10:57, which I understand is rather close to the start time of the Swiss rounds, but the the venue is apparently right next to the train station according to the google map.

edit

lol ur the woman
---->

Top Bottom