• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Holy *** this thread ***** my namesearch.

I have no idea how good smakis is and I hate ever claiming I'm better than anyone.

However, linking to my match vs CunningKitsune isn't exactly fair as he beat Kels, Tink and several other top players that tournament. He is like a living legend (wrote the ORIGINAL Fox guide) and simply was too smart for me.

I am working directly to improve and I promise to entertain and compete as best I can. I think I am constantly underrated by some and overrated by others. I am just a solid player that is working hard, nothing more nothing less as far as performance. The difference is my playstyle. We will see what I can do once I am here next spring. I have only been playing ICs for just under a year so I have alot to learn.

Hopefully I don't disappoint, and I hope to live up to expectations.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTszfjGMVU
Just watched this match Smakis v. Professor Pro and...Smakis won, that might not be common but his play seemed pretty solid. Grabs were pretty good and stuff. He doesn't play at all like I do but I thought he wasn't bad at all. The big issue is that I am used to NTSC foxes which are MUCH better against ICs because of Usmash. PAL fox will make me much happier =]
Peef, lol yeah that definitely isn't what usually happens, it was just some little smashfests at someones house and that's actually the only time he's ever beat me in a set out of like 5/6 times we've played...Last Monthly (1 week ago) I 3-0'd him with like 2/3 stock each match which gives a realistically result.

But yeah either way we all are looking forward to seeing you, but mostly just because it's a fresh face and you're from America which doesn't happen that often so don't feel any pressure or anything lol.
And yeah I know about Cunning and how old he is and how he was like one of the original technical foxes and him writing that guide since I think I read it at some point when I was started off with foxes a few years ago.

Even though NTSC Fox U-Smash is a lot better, the same things happen to IC's in the NTSC MU and PAL MU....it's just you can kill earlier in NTSC...

Either way hurry up and come down lol, when are you coming down again?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL I hate seeing foxes play terrible....all Cosmo does is stay in his sheild and stupid dumb foxes keep on attacking it hoping to get a sheild poke and then he just stays in his sheild or does some U-Smash out of it....just grab him.

smakis

Smash Ace
one of the matches I got 1 stocked =D, trololololol

anyhow, drama, blabla, the dude is coming in a year, does it really matter how good we are NOW? =P

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
True

Actually yeah I think the set went 3 stock, 2 stock, 1 stock.....but the last one was like me coming back and then killing you kind of quick I think....

Either way yeah it's a year til it happens blah blah blah.

What's the pattern of your placing again Smakis, since according to you at GT5 you will have to get something like 1st/2nd to continue your pattern since you've been in the UK otherwise it will be ceased and you will have FAILED

smakis

Smash Ace
2nd at least =)

it would be damn funny if I did pull it off lol.

anyhow, putting ICs on ice for now (pun intended lololol), they just aren't as fun anymore, I keep wanting to switch to other characters whenever I play. Chaingrabs are pretty dull, right now I'm having the most fun when nana dies and i get to play spopo x).

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I just love listening to your guys' commentary because your accent makes it feel like youre kidding or something, but youre actually serious which is super funny, can't wait to have you guys hear my fake English accent hahaha.

I will be there Spring semester next year.

Smakis I feel that too. Sometimes they just need a break. Thats how I found the ICs in the first place is taking a break from Falco. However at this point I have some fans so I've got to try harder.

About Zelda, everyone has their one-sentence solution but that isn't the case. You can grab zelda, sure, but you can't do anything at all out of a grab. She gets out of hitstun faster than every character. You cant uthrow Uair her. Getting a grab against zelda doesn't help, and if you miss you catch a kick/Fsmash and its frownzie townzie. When played patiently enough like Cosmo, the only character that Zelda can't handle is Sheik (then Cosmo just does dittoes). Grabbing Zelda doesn't lead to anything good, and trust me, Kels plays with Cosmo like twice a week and if there was a gay solution then he would find it.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
does anyone other than prof want to come on this train + coach im booking them in 40 mins..

£14.50 return

Train:

National Express East Anglia
Saturday 16th April
07:30 - london liverpool street
10:12 - thetford

£8

Coach:

National Express

Norwich -> London
Sun 17 Apr 2011 10:30 - 13:50

£6.50

Heartstring

Smash Legend
for the record fuzzy, the tournament venue doesnt open untill midday. but youre welcome to come to the venue because i will probably be setting up by then/transporting tv's to the venue

also, seeing as i plan on letting melee have one of my two giant tv's, it will need a hdtv cable for it to work properly, so you guys will need to have a hdtv cable for a wii (there is a wii at the venue which is locked to the wall, so ill plug in my GC memory card into it and let you use it for finals/livestream)
so yeah, someone bring a hdtv cable for it, brawl has one for it already

and another thing, does anyone know if kone can transport his tv's down here? and if so for how much? im not sure how many i will want yet

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it'll lag on a hd t.v, even 1-2 frames is unbearable

you ask kone about the t.vs

whos bringing recording equipment (THAT WORKS)
fine then, brawl gets two giant tv's, but i dont really have any other big tv's for grand finals and such...is it really that bad?

as for recording quipment, ive got brawl sorted (i think) and theres a livestream link up in BZ1 tournament thread

also, there is a bz social thread in this board, if you want to talk about this crap in that it would make everyone a lot easier to follow for other people

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
cool, hopefully there's more interest for it this time and I'll ask if I can do it tomorrow xD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
not me alex :/ its ok for you guys to come here

btw there's a pokemon / portable gaming event in the same venue tomorrow (£5 venue fee tho) im not running it tho lol

Top Bottom