• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i sorta try to maintain a neutral position on that whole episode, but truthfully he was doing his job 'correctly' (i use that loosely) but yes, he was far too strict on everything in general

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he was a mod for one of the character boards originally, and then-for whatever reason-he was made a mod of europe boards too.
but thats long gone, im waiting to receive mass hate for having a few hiccups at my tournament, so im bracing for impact!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You've manned up and hosted thats more then most people have done, you'll be fine, keep hosting, things will just get bigger and better.

How KJ became a mod of the EU boards, I won't go there lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i would go for moderatorship. because the appeal of the aura being a mod seems to give you in character boards sounds lovely, and it gives me a lot more pulling power when trying to stop an arguement in whatever topic it may be
but the idea of people turning against you for a single infraction isnt so appealing, i like my smash friends thank you ^.^

Tamoo

Smash Master
Modship isn't all it's cracked up to be lol, I'm really happy i didn't get modship for the Europe boards looking back on it, seems like a lot of hard work. My current modding duties on another site is hard work but I get lots of perks that make it worth it.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If you become a mod you get a lot of ****. Just the way it is, people complain over everything, especially when infractions etc are given out.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I heard KJ got his position by begging for it continously....and this was from a reliable source....his name begins with 'Y' and that's going to be really hard to decipher as nearly everyone's name in this community begins with 'Y' :awesome:

^^^^^^

Tamoo

Smash Master
So, having a small thing at my place tomorrow. So far, only Hugo's confirmed but I'm trying to drag Dave over. Ppl like Charles, Alex or Aaron interested in coming? Unfortunately have to kick ppl out around 6 which is lame but I'm busy every night this week so can't really help it :/ But yeah, arrive anytime as early as you want (as long as you call me to wake me up before lol)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
from the melee side, there's me, pretty sure some of the hsam lot, Cheez, Brad, probably others, drawing blanks now
you are correct, we (HSAM) do enjoy our football.

Also people hit me up about any smashfests in the foreseeable future in London, cos like playing my crew is getting a lil dull (their progress is begging to plateau a bit due to lack of better players to play) - so contact me if anything comes up - 07508767029.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'll rather play it then watch it.

And yeah Jonathan i'll tell you when something is up....or you could also try to host something but yeah i';; def tell you if Dujuan is doing a smashfest or something.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
So, having a small thing at my place tomorrow. So far, only Hugo's confirmed but I'm trying to drag Dave over. Ppl like Charles, Alex or Aaron interested in coming? Unfortunately have to kick ppl out around 6 which is lame but I'm busy every night this week so can't really help it :/ But yeah, arrive anytime as early as you want (as long as you call me to wake me up before lol)
I guess I can make it wednesday? I don't really know Hugo's plans but if he's free on wednesday instead, I can do that
wed please lol, I can't make tuesday because I'm doing school work like all day and then I have a party to attend at 7. but I can make wed :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
I'll rather play it then watch it.

And yeah Jonathan i'll tell you when something is up....or you could also try to host something but yeah i';; def tell you if Dujuan is doing a smashfest or something.
Standard, playing>watching specially as arsenal just make me angry!

may if I have the time.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that sounds good to me, I thought we were going down on Sunday (I don't pay attention to these things) so thanks for setting it right...what day are we coming back again since that's quite important for me to know atm.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
errr...fuzzy? youre not going by train are you?
please say youve booked to thetford and not to norwich, because trains from london dont stop in thetford

Top Bottom