• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What the ****. Why would I not? Would I believe that you've been trashtalking me behind my back?

Let me think...

And no it's not Prof.

1) I haven't played since the last tournament, where I beat Charles 3-0 and got nervous switched sheik and lost later in the tournament.

2) I have had countless situations where I am in the position to win against both you and him in the past, prior to actually beating either of you.

3) I beat you consistently for about 6 months to a year. I actually beat you at the monthly after the Brighton fest where you broke my win streak. Then you beat me the same tournament, and again at GT 4.

This leaves the tournament results recently at

me vs you 2-1 to yuo

me vs charles 1-1

hmm, no competition, how exactly is that again?
Beating someone consistently for 6 months to a year ago isn't as important (even though you didn't bcos I did win during that time) and does not add to the 'current' factor meaning i've been beating you more recently then you have been beating me.

Fuzzy has been beating you more consistenly then you have beaten him recently?

You've only beaten Fuzz once, Me and Fuzz are going evenish. I have been beating you.....anyway me and Fuzz are the two top contenders

VA

Smash Hero
Not the way it was put to me by Fuzzy. Anyway look, none of this matters, I'm totally finished with the UK smash. I thought it might be decent to elaborate some of the reasons as to why I'm going to stay away from it in the future.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
robby you did well at beast o_O I was rooting on you ffs..and you say no respect? I am giving you god damn respect lol what are you on about

there's nothing else behind your back, I apologized for what I did at beast and rooted for you

the "wasnt even close" **** that happened a while ago doesnt happen anymore

VA

Smash Hero
haha woooooow
lool get some popcorn this isn't over just yet.

yes prof, it does imply you're beating me more and I accept that. what I don't accept is that you and charles just randomly say I haven't been in any grand finals and it's only close between you two.

what's the tally in tournament matches between you two at the moment? I'd wager it's fairly similar to mine with either of you two, perhaps more in your favour. which would mean that you're the best and me and fuzzy are equal in terms of our sets.

I don't care, the fact is you both come out as saying something **** about me with nothing to back it up IN RESPONSE to me claiming that Charles isn't the unanimous best in the UK. I wasn't asserting I was, I was just saying I haven't proved myself, WHICH IS QUITE CLEARLY TRUE.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the only thing I've said is you havent made a grand finals >_> what the flip are you going on about!? im not talking about who beats who LOL

and I havent said im the best in the UK between the community in a long time because im having troubles winning now, but how I feel about this matter is that it's between me and prof because prof gives me more trouble

there's that weird circle between us where certain people can beat certain people but recently prof has been doing better against both of us and im not gonna lie

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL RAGE QUIT!!!!

Anyway yeah, it is Me and Fuzz for top contenders, you say you don't care about being the Best in the UK and then get offended when you're not being one of the people debated for being top.....nice contrryy wontryyy

Either way I don't care if Fuzz has insulted me in the past, I have my crew mates who I still want to play smash with plus other people in the community who I want to play smash with....I don't allow Charles to choose my fate....MAN UP!!!

VA

Smash Hero
I don't care about being the best in the UK. I care about being respected by you and Charles because I consider you both to be skilled players and don't feel that you give the same respect to me. I'd be happy if you considered me 3rd but still a challenge but you've said about a million times that I'm not that.

It's not just about Charles and you either, there are a lot of things about the wider smash community I dislike. Saying that, the stuff with Charles has such a long history going back to the days where I played Samus and stuff xD

And yeah you have crew mates who you still want to play with. I have exhausted every single thing that can happen vs sheik with the high tier characters through playing more than you can possibly imagine against beast (I live with him remember).

P.S Audience get involved I can see you all viewing this thread.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So what if we are considering you to not be the best....when I was losing to You and Fuzzy I was being told I was the 3rd best in the UK....I didn't cry or feel like I was being disrespected, becuase I lost which was why it was being stated and it juast annoyed me because I knew I could prob them wrong....and guess what....I DID!!!!

Me and Charels have been back and forth of late wiht me pulling through a bit more, Charles has been beating you the majority of the time....I have been beating you lately....so of course it's gonna be between me and Fuzz...just step it up

X1-12

Smash Champion
VA surely having a poor mental game is just a factor in your overall skill? What does it matter what you can 'potentially do' if you can't pull it out when you need it?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Of course it is a factor....that's exactly the same as that whole ColBol ****.
Everyone keeps on saying that he is the best Fox in the world when he is playing on point, but he chokes in tournament and CONSISTENTLY....so obviously he is not.

A 1 off choking can be excused cos there is such a thing a playing bad @ 1 tournament/game but you can't ride that train forever, and EVERY TOURNAMENT WITHOUT FAIL (literally without fail) when he has lost VA has claimed he choked.

VA

Smash Hero
So what if we are considering you to not be the best....when I was losing to You and Fuzzy I was being told I was the 3rd best in the UK....I didn't cry or feel like I was being disrespected, becuase I lost which was why it was being stated and it juast annoyed me because I knew I could prob them wrong....and guess what....I DID!!!!

Me and Charels have been back and forth of late wiht me pulling through a bit more, Charles has been beating you the majority of the time....I have been beating you lately....so of course it's gonna be between me and Fuzz...just step it up
Can you read? I agree with not telling me I'm the best when quite obviously I'm not. As I've tried to show respect extends beyond respect purely for smash skill. Anyway I'm tired of being told I'm not a challenge after losing a set, I never did that to anyone, and I never would. It's like why do I have to keep on proving myself. We've all been around for years and I'm getting bored of having to prove to you that I'm good.

VA surely having a poor mental game is just a factor in your overall skill? What does it matter what you can 'potentially do' if you can't pull it out when you need it?
Pretty much. I thought I'd already said that. I thought m2k could beat Mango then Armada and now PP if he was stronger mentally, now look at him, quitting the game.

VA

Smash Hero
Of course it is a factor....that's exactly the same as that whole ColBol ****.
Everyone keeps on saying that he is the best Fox in the world when he is playing on point, but he chokes in tournament and CONSISTENTLY....so obviously he is not.

A 1 off choking can be excused cos there is such a thing a playing bad @ 1 tournament/game but you can't ride that train forever, and EVERY TOURNAMENT WITHOUT FAIL (literally without fail) when he has lost VA has claimed he choked.
If you were able to read (you're making a concerted effort to prove that you cannot), you'd know that I have said I choke even when I win. I just choke. I was working it into my game to beat people even when I choke, it happened against porc and fuzzy at the last tournament.

I actually think prof chokes a lot too, fuzzy less often.

**** double post, I'll get banned now :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Can you read? I agree with not telling me I'm the best when quite obviously I'm not. As I've tried to show respect extends beyond respect purely for smash skill. Anyway I'm tired of being told I'm not a challenge after losing a set, I never did that to anyone, and I never would. It's like why do I have to keep on proving myself. We've all been around for years and I'm getting bored of having to prove to you that I'm good.

Pretty much. I thought I'd already said that. I thought m2k could beat Mango then Armada and now PP if he was stronger mentally, now look at him, quitting the game.
I can read, and if you're admitting your not the best then why the hell were you getting upset when you are not being considered and coming up with statistics to show that you should be considered and then saying 'I agree with not telling me I'm the best when quite obviously I'm not'

No-one yet has used the words 'You're not a challenged' here.....thats just what you took from this situation, I said you should not be considered which you shouldn't be and you just agreed you shouldn't....that's not the same as 'VA is not a challenge to us'

Stop getting emotional, people know you're Top 3 in the UK and you have to prove yourself by ACTUALLY PROVING YOURSELF....which means putting in a great performance at one event leaving things unquestionable on your behalf, this hasn't been done yet.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I actually think prof chokes a lot too, fuzzy less often.

**** double post, I'll get banned now :(
Fuzzy chokes the least out of everyone ironically because of his delluded attitude and appraoch to things.

And yeah I do choke a lot....even sometimes in minor matches against lower people lol, just depending on my environment, how I feel and support depends on how I pull through

VA

Smash Hero
What the ****? this is just too much. You actually cannot read.

Anyway, getting the feeling this isn't as fun for everyone else as it is for me.

so bye UK, enjoy a slowly stagnating until it dies community with a "hella close fight for the top spot" while the rest of you suffer from chronic mediocrity. Glad I was never one of those averages, ew.

VA

Smash Hero
lol at proff pro saying " its ok to choke at one tournament " LOL. SNY much?
UK as a whole were deluded at that tournament.

Everyone told me that Fuzzy NEARLY BEAT Zgetto, I watched it back and he did good, but got ***** game 5 lol.

leffen

Smash Champion
yeah UK sucks when they do bad and when they do good they still choked and could've done better. Go figure.

oh and :
" money match your shiek? ;) only amsah has beaten me with shiek " - Fuzzyness
+
" HOW COULD YOU LOSE TO ANIOLAS!?!?!"

=
.... yeeeeeeee

VA

Smash Hero
yeah UK sucks when they do bad and when they do good they still choked and could've done better. Go figure.

oh and :
" money match your shiek? ;) only amsah has beaten me with shiek " - Fuzzyness
+
" HOW COULD YOU LOSE TO ANIOLAS!?!?!"

=
.... yeeeeeeee
hey that's just me, leave UK out of it *******. I'm still going to make you eat my *** in Sweden.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol at proff pro saying " its ok to choke at one tournament " LOL. SNY much?
:) You know it babe lol.

But yeah, it is true, you can't ride the choke train (sounds sexual :)) forever.
Which VA has been doing, because then it becomes a reflection of your skill rather then the joke john

All this chat was a nice post count boost.

VA

Smash Hero
I like how it was just the 3 of us talking with the odd leffen/dumb X1-12 observation in the middle.

Face it UK, you're all **** (except prof and charles, who are a bit **** internationally).

leffen

Smash Champion
Uk top 3 is ok.

rest is REAAAAAAAAALLLYYY BADdddddadadada.

just like MW lol ( Wobbles, Darkrain. Rest suck *** and they have 100+ tournaments )

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Cant come your fest jolteon bro soz, and sucks but I may have to dial it down on the smash for a while I mean cos like i need to get into a good uni cos like its kinda important I hear?

So hopefully if the london coach up to norfolk gets sorted I should come to that but like will be the last tournament for a while prob.

Also UK will rise up cos we **** snm.

What's a Leffen?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
depends what uni you want to get in to lol. The hard part starts when your there (Well first year is just a doss but 2nd and 3rd are the real deal lol)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Aiming for surrey or essex to do law atm and im kinda behind my targets far so gotta get focused proper now.

may skip Norfolk if it doesn't get sorted and just go GT5?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
oh wow i cant believe what i was just reading

so much talk that could have been avoided

and just to address on the whole prof and edwin laughing at my expense thing

i was not laughing entirely at your loss i dont think i have ever laughed at someones misfortune or expense

just mostly the comment you made to fuzz was pretty funny

im going to have to agree with what leffen or prof said

if you dont preform at tourneys you basically just aint very good

which is very true

Top Bottom