• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
The example of a foreign player doesn't really apply as they aren't part of our scene.

Anyway, I actually don't care too much who gets top seed. I just feel like if I'd done the same I wouldn't get it xD.

About coming to London, not often. I family there and a few friends so usually the trips I make to London are to do with seeing them and I'll try to tie in some smash. There is a chance I will be in London next weekend. I'm not sure though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if you think you should be the top seed VA, maybe a good course of action would be to have a BO5 set against prof before the tournament starts, winner gets top seed

VA

Smash Hero
I don't think I should be first seed :/

I never said that lol. And even if we did a Bo5 pre tournament it wouldn't mean anything cos it wouldn't be a tournament set.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I get what you're saying Adam, but the difference is that a professional foreign player coming here doesn't have the same consistent record that Prof has of getting 2nd~ place, so there's more room for doubt when talking about a foreign player.

/e This is sort of adopting Adam's suggestion in the other thread. Charles, are we implementing a proper DQ system this time? I think it's way past due, and this tournament will have time issues...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I suggest to everyone they start learning their characters edge cancels
Why lol :confused:

I already know how to do it with a variety of characters but I was just wondering why you specifically said that lol

THE MATCHES WITH ME VS FUZZ AND PLAYING EVERYONELSE ARE UP

www.youtube.com/user/OoCSmashBaby

Jely:
agreed, however a counter argument:

if chopz came to england would he not be worth the top seed? he has no wins, but logic tells us he should be the top seed because he is the best. in this way how many wins does prof need? he has proved himself over 1 national, 1 friendly tournament and 2 smashfests.

VA do you come to london often? we can hook u up with a bed and place to play smash if you want to cme down
I agree with this.....not only that, Charles admitted HIMSELF that i'm better then him, every time we play I always beat him the noticably majority of times.

I definitely deserve top seed at this tournament, it's not even like it's CLOSE to make it debatable.

Friendly tournament was 6-2
GT4 - 7-1
His smashfest - Didn't win one CF MM out of like 4 and I beat him in the vast majority of MM's when he went other characters
Recent smashfest at AD's - I won 4 sets, he won 2

FUCK YOU ALL!!!!

prof has 4 stocked charles and me when we was playing serious xD that prick
LOL That was **** when I did 4 stock both of you in a row.....I remember destroying Charles on FD and then you were laughing and then I 4 stocked you straight away on BF and he was laughing at you.

Prof for 1st Top Seed :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I do, I think I deserve it this time, since the person who was previously top seed I have been beating consistenly the last 4 encounters I have had with him and he admitted himself that I am better then him lol.....

And I honestly would have suggested you being 1st Top Seed if it wasn't the other way around since you said you feel it wouldn't happen with you.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah. Whoever I play if I get to Winner Semis I will be confident I can beat anyway, so it doesn't matter :p

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
If it helps your already miniscule ego, take the title of top seed. I think you should just be satisfied with the fact that you've made major step ups over the past year to date and make your performance at SNY2 your reward.

But i guess your not really the humble type its not your style and i hope your hype continues, wouldn't be the same without it. :bee:

Tourneys:
Smash GT1 (first tourney ever, witnessed chrisboi vs prof)
GGT 1
Smash GT2
Smash GT4

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
VA - lol That's good for you then, either way im still winning this tournament which leaves other peoples confidence irrelevant to me since I think whether I win or not depends on how good I play and im looking to play very good this tournament to start confirming some ****!

But yeah....I want First Top Seed this tournament.....

It would be different if I didn't play Charles at all before and after GT4 but I have and have consistently beaten him 4 times....and for the fact that he has admitted i'm better then him so if I was to then get 2nd Top Seed would be bull****.

WaagOne - It's not the TITLE of Top Seed as that would be a meaningless title, it means you get an easier bracket when you are put as Top Seed.....and proving that I have beaten the best person 4 times consistently I think I deserve it.

rustediron

Smash Lord
If it helps your already miniscule ego, take the title of top seed. I think you should just be satisfied with the fact that you've made major step ups over the past year to date and make your performance at SNY2 your reward.

But i guess your not really the humble type its not your style and i hope your hype continues, wouldn't be the same without it. :bee:

Tourneys:
Smash GT1 (first tourney ever, witnessed chrisboi vs prof)
GGT 1
Smash GT2
Smash GT4
Judging by the tournament record... Frosty?

EDIT: Oh wait, nvm, Frosty was definitely at one of the PHs.

Dammit, there were only like 6 or 7 Londoners at GGT1, who are you 0_o

Jolteon

Just to clarify I do think you deserve top seed, I'm just saying that argument with the foreign players doesn't really work, and it wouldn't be surprising if you didn't get top seed if it was based off of tournament results.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Tournaments when the doug was around for 1 year (forgot) around 2004-2005
Edster *Kone* Newcastle * Easter 2005 (First tournament I won)
Edmas *Kone* Newcastle * Winter 2005
Another Liverpool Tournament 2007?
London Mini Tournaments
London Monthlies

1. TNJ * Lord Rust * Yeovil * February 2006
2. SCT4 * Kone * Newcastle * April 2006
3. AR1 * Bloodbowler * Lancaster * October 2006
4. Edmas * Kone * Newcastle * December 2006
5. Edster * Kone * Newcastle * April 2007 --> First Tournament
6. TNJ2 * Lord Rust * Yeovil * June 2007

8. SmashGT1 * Fuzzyness * London * October 2007
9. CHJ * Aiko * Liverpool * January 200810. ALT * Aiko * Liverpool * April 2008
11. GGT1 * Aiko/Fuzzyness * Birmingham * November 2008
12. GGT2 * Aiko * Birmingham * January 2009
13. PH1 * Bullet Bill * Southampton * April 2009
14. SHS1 * Coey * Bolton * July 2009
15. PH2 * Bullet Bill * Southampton * December 2009
16. SmashGT2 * Fuzzyness * London * March 2010
17. SmashGT3 * Fuzzyness * London * July 2010
18. SNY1 * Kone * Birmingham * August 2010
19. SmashGT4 * Fuzzyness * London * November 2010 (First Tournament I Lost)

Europe:
ROS4
ESA3
Holland Randomly
S.M.A.C.K
Super Lion 3 and 4
Canada
B.E.A.S.T

Lol I guess I have been winning for too long >_> don't blame you guys now. IVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 6 YEARS HOLY ****

where's the money match video prof? I like how you've only uploaded everything else :p

lol why are you bare happy about friendlies sets, beat me in money matches dude! Or another national set then I'll give you top seed. Don't base things on friendlies

Tamoo

Smash Master
Am I to take it from that that Aaron isn't getting top seed then? hehe

Hugo: If you really want to work it out, just look at his posting history lol. Either that or think of a londoner who was at GT1 but didn't have an account back then :/

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
i think we all secretly knew that aaron wasnt getting it even though hes earned it (seeing as byes for this tourny and the seeds for all tournaments after this are determined by last placing, apparently)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Lol I guess I have been winning for too long >_> don't blame you guys now. IVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 6 YEARS HOLY ****

where's the money match video prof? I like how you've only uploaded everything else :p

lol why are you bare happy about friendlies sets, beat me in money matches dude! Or another national set then I'll give you top seed. Don't base things on friendlies
I like how you have a poor judgement of what everythingelse is.

My computer aborted 5 of the other sets with other people (since not everything recorded is just you) which still needs uploading, so I haven't uploaded everythingelse except our MM.

And im not judging it off the fact of the friendlies, for the fact that I have beaten you consistently the last 4 times we have met up (and the last time all of them were MM's where I beat you and you didn't win once with your main out of 4 sets if you want to base the importance of winning off MM's) and also the fact that you admitted yourself that I am better then you....Soooo your statement of winning MM's is bull**** cos i've already done that...but you wasn't willing to give it to me then, please make a statement with truth behind it.

I'll just win this tournament and then say that I should have been Top Seed and im def not gonna lose a set this tournament so no 2 sets in GF's.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i like how you have a poor judgement of what everythingelse is.

My computer aborted 5 of the other sets with other people (since not everything recorded is just you) which still needs uploading, so i haven't uploaded everythingelse except our mm.

And im not judging it off the fact of the friendlies, for the fact that i have beaten you consistently the last 4 times we have met up (and the last time all of them were mm's where i beat you and you didn't win once with your main out of 4 sets if you want to base the importance of winning off mm's) and also the fact that you admitted yourself that i am better then you....soooo your statement of winning mm's is bool****:awesome: Cos i've already done that...
But you wasn't willing to give it to me then, please make a statement with truth behind it.

I'll just win this tournament and then say that i should have been top seed and im def not gonna lose a set this tournament so no 2 sets in gf's.

ohhhh snap

Jolteon

Well Elliot is going abroad for 3 months in Feb, not sure how early on in Feb but if you want I can give you his mob #?

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Judging by the tournament record... Frosty?

EDIT: Oh wait, nvm, Frosty was definitely at one of the PHs.

Dammit, there were only like 6 or 7 Londoners at GGT1, who are you 0_o
Lol MM? Come on "be a man!!!" Russell Peters YEA YEA

WaagOne - It's not the TITLE of Top Seed as that would be a meaningless title, it means you get an easier bracket when you are put as Top Seed.....and proving that I have beaten the best person 4 times consistently I think I deserve it.
Cos you have SO much trouble in brackets....

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Be kl man.... thats right but who is sean?

Now was that so hard pro pro, appreciate the honesty and I concur!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Be kl man.... thats right but who is sean?

Now was that so hard pro pro, appreciate the honesty and I concur!!!
LOL Well the only point of the Top Seed is getting an easier bracket....the only slight addition is having the title of it but it's not really the reason why I want it as if it didn't affect brackets I really wouldnt care lol.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Sweet sounds good to me, sure you don't wanna do a fiver? Practice your skills man, then throw everything you've learned out the window cos those rules don't apply to me. ;)

Alright my studies of this forum so far have shown me that both you and prof actually have balls. Everyone else I'm still waiting.... WHO ELSE WANTS SOME!!!

Money match, Money match get em while there hot.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Thats what I'm talking about. :awesome:

Yea Ill take a £2 quid MM with your alts if you want. Our king of the sky matches will have to wait till another time I think the score is 2-1 to you so far. Bo5 of course which means I gotta step up my game for next time.

Prof: Hmmm well if you wanna MM a troll account you should know that it won't actually be at the tourney. So feel free to bet all you like =p.

If you wanna money match me I might be able to make an arrangement, but I dunno if I feel like doing any charity work this year. I donated enough money to the poor last year to last me a lifetime, or at least get me one of those pimp *** seats in heaven.

X1-12

Smash Champion
So far:
Willz £5
Prof's Falcon £1

Potential:
Jolteon MM?
Hugo MM?
Cheez MM?
Dave MM?
Brado MM?
SATiRe MMs? (No Jiggs)