• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah why not? though I doubt we'll have time to do it at this event in particular.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Oh me me, pick me. How bout 100 million dollars? Or like £3?

X-12 what do you say?

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Oh but its more fun this way. Unless you recently underwent a sex change which means you no longer have any balls, I don't see any reason why this should be your answer.

But I guess good things come to those who wait, so i'll wait to see if you got a nice pair of *****s for christmas. My guess is C cups. :woman:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Oh but its more fun this way. Unless you recently underwent a sex change which means you no longer have any balls, I don't see any reason why this should be your answer.

But I guess good things come to those who wait, so i'll wait to see if you got a nice pair of *****s for christmas. My guess is C cups. :woman:
So basically you wont ask me face to face?

Jolteon

he's saying you're too afraid to accept his MM without knowing who he is/how good he is.

Tamoo

Smash Master
That sounds fairly reasonable to me tbh lol

I'll probs mm you if you come round mine, not jiggs ofc. Just realised what Alex said is true, not gonna be a huge amount of time for mms if we're looking to get dubs and singles done

X1-12

Smash Champion
he's saying you're too afraid to accept his MM without knowing who he is/how good he is.
Oh I get it but yeah not gonna lie this definitely is the case. MMs are for making money or getting good practise in, if I don't know who you are I'm not gonna MM you.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Lol chill just a bit of troll in the dungeon, If you wanna know who I am, you can find out at the tourney.

If you wanna make some currency, then i'll tell you a fact to try and change your mind. You out placed me at the last tourney. Make you feel any better?

Jolteon

Oh I get it but yeah not gonna lie this definitely is the case. MMs are for making money or getting good practise in, if I don't know who you are I'm not gonna MM you.
it's the most rational decision financially.

but tbh unless you're poor I would still do it, the best way to improve is to put yourself out there, take on new challenges and just gain as much experience/knowledge/consistency as possible.

too many people in this community are like too complacent/modest/used to losing to certain players and just kind of expect to randomly improve overnight... it kinda bugs me, almost no one in the smash community has the fire or sense of determination necessary to reach the top anymore, everyone just talks about top players and who'll get what place it's sooo boring, we're meant to be COMPETITIVE players.

not saying this post is necessarily about you, btw.

imma **** everyone at this tourney *****es.

Jolteon

sure xD

lets try and do it before this event cause this effect=crappy time constraints

Tamoo

Smash Master
Tbh, I'm fine with either jiggs, fox or falco. I'll just warn you though that I genuinely haven't picked up jiggs in about a month and a half, or whenever the last event was, I literally only played jiggs once against george over a whole weekend. We can mess around pretournament to see what's up, I think my falco's getting a lot better and my fox more technical. I really couldn't touch george last time i used jiggs, but maybe it might me more fluid and less stale having not used her in a while.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo prof I'll just put va on my side of the bracket this time if you're gonna whine about this much, but then you have to have edwin

already it's fixing things lol

shouldnt we just let the software decide? rather than just saying its gonna be you vs va

Tamoo

Smash Master
The software's gonna decide based on what you decide is the seedings lol, that's the whole point. He's asking to be top seed so that the software decides that he faces edwin rather than getting VA every tournament because he feels he has proved himself to be no.1 seed, which would be hard to argue against tbh.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
how is winning one main tournament enough to say you're top seed when I've been winning for like 4 years? lol

if he consistently wins then otherwise will be said

there's not enough proof at all lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
how is winning one main tournament enough to say you're top seed when I've been winning for like 4 years? lol

if he consistently wins then otherwise will be said
seeding is based off the most current results in most instances, if he won a big one recently, then chances are hes currently the best in the country

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm only saying it's hard to argue against cos he's so sexy obv, I really couldn't care less who gets top seed lol.

It's only a monthly after all, if you think you deserve 1st seed aaron, just show everyone why (again) and maybe you'll get your way ... some day

smakis

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed that anyone has yet to point out that fuzzy listed canada under europe.

I am disappoint, uk community.

Also I think the 1st seed should be changed at every event, for it to be fair, rajt guise?

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
tbh does it matter what the rankings show? i thought we'd decided that the results of the previous tournament would provide the seeding list for the next one? so if the top 8 have to fight to keep their spots in the bracket for free, surely the same should apply to the seeds as well, you have to win the tournament to get top seed in the next one? or is that too easy?

top seed faces 4th seed in winners semis (assuming the top 4 seeds get through to the winners semis spots) so its supposedly an easier run to winners finals...i think

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Anaky/Andy Says:

Brawl Entry Fees Are Gonna Be:
Singles: £5
Doubles: £3 Per Person

Friendlies only before the tourney starts, doubles will be first, if ur playing a MM or friendlies when the tourney has started, ul be asked to come off cuz this needs tog et done on time.

If there isnt for some reason at least 8 teams for Brawl, itl be low or mid tiers instead, also costing £3 entry fee.

Jolteon

Changes with this tournament

5 tvs per game -.-
Top six go through (top 4+j3ly/smakis)
We will be implementing a proper DQ system.

It works like this:

If you do not turn up to your match within 2 mins: You are given a warning.
If you do not turn up after 4 mins: You lose the first game.
If you do not turn up after 6 mins: You lose the set.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Changes with this tournament
If you do not turn up to your match within 2 mins: You are given a warning.
If you do not turn up after 4 mins: You lose the first game.
If you do not turn up after 6 mins: You lose the set.
Ouch them be some harsh *** rules.....
I mean what if you are in the toilet or gone shops and you miss the call?
Surely it should be a little longer?
I'm guessing there gonna be a speaker for calling matches right?

Jolteon

Ouch them be some harsh *** rules.....
I mean what if you are in the toilet or gone shops and you miss the call?
Surely it should be a little longer?
I'm guessing there gonna be a speaker for calling matches right?
Then tell us beforehand.

It's really annoying when people like go off and disappear for 10-20 mins and we have NO idea where they are/how long they'll take, if it happens this time we probably won't finish on time. -.-

Top Bottom