• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION ABOUT DATE!!!!

I just rang him and it can't be from Fri-Sun anymore because he has Church on saturday :glare:

I told him that there's no point in doing it on such a big scale for one day so basically he said he is going to figure out if we can do it from Saturday 6pmish all the way till Sunday late and people would prob leave Early Monday or late Sunday.

How is this for people?

rustediron

Smash Lord
May come if I'm awesome and get all my reading done early + there's nothing going on at the same time.

i.e. Probably not coming

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Yeah they are, do you think you could make it since I thought you were still in FL?
Nah, been here since September, then christmas break, and now I'm back till June.
I'm sure I'll make it for the 5th of feb. Who will be my point of contact when I get near tip tree communal hall or just smash in general? I have a cell, aim, windows live, or skype.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION ABOUT DATE!!!!

I just rang him and it can't be from Fri-Sun anymore because he has Church on saturday :glare:

I told him that there's no point in doing it on such a big scale for one day so basically he said he is going to figure out if we can do it from Saturday 6pmish all the way till Sunday late and people would prob leave Early Monday or late Sunday.

How is this for people?
when is this exactly? It's Sunday now so I don't kow if you mean next week?

I would love to come to this by the way. Someone tell AC he's awesome for hosting

Tamoo

Smash Master
Trying to get on his good side ben after all the hate? :p

Anyway, I'm not going but there's so much ambiguity over the date that you should really just actually state the dates aaron cos so many people use next Sunday for different things (like literally the next sunday or the sunday of the next week).

I'm presuming it's the 30th

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who has LittleBigPlanet 2?
LOL Why come on here and post rubbish, haven't you died of something yet? :mad:

Nah, been here since September, then christmas break, and now I'm back till June.
I'm sure I'll make it for the 5th of feb. Who will be my point of contact when I get near tip tree communal hall or just smash in general? I have a cell, aim, windows live, or skype.
Ohhh...why haven't you tried to play anyone in the community then since you live so close to Jolteon and also kind of close to me (BTW i'm the best person in the UK atm :reverse:) so you should have definitely attempted to play some of us lol.

BTW you can add me on msn, mine is aaron.h.thomas@hotmail.co.uk

Trying to get on his good side ben after all the hate? :p

Anyway, I'm not going but there's so much ambiguity over the date that you should really just actually state the dates aaron cos so many people use next Sunday for different things (like literally the next sunday or the sunday of the next week).

I'm presuming it's the 30th
LOL To be fair it was actually the wrong Adrian he was referring to before, so he doesn't have anything against AC....he just thought it was another Marth player who he didn't get along with...The marth he was talking about is white, and obviously AC isn't lol.

I'm going to ring him now, it's not my fault about the unclearness on the date of course, I can't say anything until im told.....but yeah im gonna ring him now and get back to you lot.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
JUST LETTING PEOPLE KNOW the date will be confirm later today and presented for what time you can get there to what time you can stay and directions from Lewisham station.

There's a chance it might end up being a one day meaning that only London people would prob be able to come but hopefully with his confirmation this won't be the case.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh...why haven't you tried to play anyone in the community then since you live so close to Jolteon and also kind of close to me (BTW i'm the best person in the UK atm :reverse:) so you should have definitely attempted to play some of us lol.

QUOTE]

Good to know;). I'll keep an eye out and guage that lvl.
Thanks for the contact, I'll add you.

smakis

Smash Ace

"Hi, I'm the best in the uk, please add me on msn and become my friend, if the fact that I'm the best in the uk isn't dazzling enough please be aware of my monstrous, pullable hair and my humorous resemblance to a hobbit."

I may or may not have misinterpreted that.

=D

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Someone also tell AC that if he could, then housing for just one night will mean a lot to players like me who are from outside of London.

whoah I might actually be playing melee with other people soon :o

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I was only joking about ben and adrian

His post seemed to be overcompensating for something lol, it was overly amorous ;)
lol Yeah it did seem like he was overcompensating for something lol

:awesome:um professor smash is there a reason why you havent upped the fuzz vs you set
lol I've edited and compressed all the matches with Me vs Fuzzy....now im just doing the other matches so then I can put it on a big Queue....but I have a feeling the Big Queue will abort all of my videos cos youtube is gay like that since it's done it before so im trying to compress the videos a bit more (since every video is an avg of like 600mb) so it uploads quicker, but im assesing the compression to quality rate as we speak.

Just letting you know Fuzz wins the first set, but you know after that the Prof reign beings :)

Someone also tell AC that if he could, then housing for just one night will mean a lot to players like me who are from outside of London.

whoah I might actually be playing melee with other people soon :o
Yeah he is willing to house....he said he could house about 20 people lol.

The only problem now is that he has to figure out when his parents are coming back home which I will find out later today, but once everything is confirmed I will make a TEMPORARY thread giving information for the fest and also to let more people know about it :oneeye:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
That would be good. Why doesn't AC post on here? That way he'd be able to organise hosting and attending events plus he'd be able to talk with us.

Really looking forward to this though and I should be able to bring a setup as well as my fox which is too good

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
BAD NEWS + GOOD NEWS

Bad News
He can't do a smashfest this Fri-Sun....because he can't do it on Fri (don't know the reason) and on Saturday he is going to Church and for some reason isn't willing to not go this time for his fest (:glare:) and he ends Church at 7pm and has to pick his mother up on Sunday up at the airport 7am....so it's not like anyone could stay over.

Good News
He is willing to do another smashfest a week after this Monthly from Sat-Mon and house people as well....this isn't 100% confirmed yet though but this is what he is looking to do, how does this sound to people and are they willing to go to this???
This is for people outside of London and inside of London of course.

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
fairly certain a week after the monthly =/= straight after the monthly

if that were possible im sure prof would have mentioned it, unless he was being an idiot and didnt ask

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't know if he has a free house after the tournament and I can ask him.

And it doesn't make me an idiot for not asking him if he has a free house after the monthly lol, no-one really has said anything about housing problems so it just didn't cross my mind, but I will ask him when I get back from my girlfriends house today/2moro.

BUT I did mean the smashfest being a week after the Monthly and not a day after the monthly.

ALSO im going to be uploading the videos from the smashfest later tonight, all of them are edited and compressed they just need to be put on a queue and I would do it now but I don't want to leave my computer on any longer as it's been on for awhile, but they will be up soon.

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
lol i only said it coz i had a feeling you wouldnt have done and wanted to see your reaction :p apparently you get very defensive when people question your intelligence :p would be good to know though as i may consider not going to uni on monday if it happens, early enough in term that not a lot goes on, hopefully

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
he hasnt uploaded them yet cause I beat him in a money match before leaving :D

jk jk

I've had an awesome weekend =)

ggs at the smashfest prof was fun after coming back from europe and trying out new things

Cant wait to play you again prof, its good practise and I noticed some bad habits this time. Next time we play I'll give you my thoughts and you should do the same :D its how people improve

I was kinda abusing those in the money match

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol i only said it coz i had a feeling you wouldnt have done and wanted to see your reaction :p apparently you get very defensive when people question your intelligence :p would be good to know though as i may consider not going to uni on monday if it happens, early enough in term that not a lot goes on, hopefully
lol I didn't really get that defensive, just gave a reason for what I thought you thought was a stupid move lol....but nice mindgame I guess :awesome:

And nice on looking to skip uni for that one day as we all know
Smash > Education lol :)

But yeah, I will definitely be finding out, AC thought it would be easy to setup people coming from outside of London, like he would just be like come down roundabout this date and time and everything will be ok, but for something a bit bigger it needs planning like who's gonna bring setups, and where are we gonna get the sexy people like Cheez :bee:

:awesome:cant wait to see those sets man

so i can analyse the hell out of you guys

also anyone wanna team for brawl ?
lol At analysing, even though I won the majority of the sets I wasn't playing too good lol.....I probably take the longest to warm up in this entire community, like atleast 2 hours of playing (literally)

You've seen me warmed up and playing properly when I was at Charles that time lol.

he hasnt uploaded them yet cause I beat him in a money match before leaving :D

jk jk

I've had an awesome weekend =)

ggs at the smashfest prof was fun after coming back from europe and trying out new things

Cant wait to play you again prof, its good practise and I noticed some bad habits this time. Next time we play I'll give you my thoughts and you should do the same :D its how people improve

I was kinda abusing those in the money match
LOL Fuck you, I don't care about that MM, only the fact that I beat you the majority of the day :awesome:

But nah seriously they were good matches and definitely good practice and once again refreshing to play better people, I think advising each other about our bad habits would definitely help us improve and obviously not to think about it as potentially hindering our UK performance as

European Performance > UK Performance.

Even though i've edited the matches I haven't really got the chance to watch them, but im doing a few my compressing of like 2 more videos and then every video is done and I will put everything on a queue today

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
prof- don't worry, you're doing a stellar job uploading matches :cool:

by the way I've thought of something interesting to do for all the melee peoples-

1. TNJ * Lord Rust * Yeovil * February 2006
2. SCT4 * Kone * Newcastle * April 2006
3. AR1 * Bloodbowler * Lancaster * October 2006
4. Edmas * Kone * Newcastle * December 2006
5. Edster * Kone * Newcastle * April 2007 --> First Tournament
6. TNJ2 * Lord Rust * Yeovil * June 2007
7. AR2 * Bloodbowler * Lancaster * August 2007
8. SmashGT1 * Fuzzyness * London * October 2007
9. CHJ * Aiko * Liverpool * January 2008
10. ALT * Aiko * Liverpool * April 2008
11. GGT1 * Aiko/Fuzzyness * Birmingham * November 2008
12. GGT2 * Aiko * Birmingham * January 2009
13. PH1 * Bullet Bill * Southampton * April 2009
14. SHS1 * Coey * Bolton * July 2009
15. PH2 * Bullet Bill * Southampton * December 2009
16. SmashGT2 * Fuzzyness * London * March 2010
17. SmashGT3 * Fuzzyness * London * July 2010
18. SNY1 * Kone * Birmingham * August 2010

These are all the nationals (I think) that there have been going back to very very early on in the UK smash scene. I thought it would be interesting for people to put their name next to ones they attended including the first tournament.

Reminds me of how I'm quite an old school player lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
3. AR1 * Bloodbowler * Lancaster * October 2006
11. GGT1 * Aiko/Fuzzyness * Birmingham * November 2008
12. GGT2 * Aiko * Birmingham * January 2009
14. SHS1 * Coey * Bolton * July 2009
15. PH2 * Bullet Bill * Southampton * December 2009
16. SmashGT2 * Fuzzyness * London * March 2010
17. SmashGT3 * Fuzzyness * London * July 2010
18. SNY1 * Kone * Birmingham * August 2010

VA

Smash Hero
snorefest, everything since TNJ2 but SHS, GT3 and SNY

Also, regarding prof getting top seed for this. No fair. One win is not enough.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Jely:
agreed, however a counter argument:

if chopz came to england would he not be worth the top seed? he has no wins, but logic tells us he should be the top seed because he is the best. in this way how many wins does prof need? he has proved himself over 1 national, 1 friendly tournament and 2 smashfests.

VA do you come to london often? we can hook u up with a bed and place to play smash if you want to cme down

tournaments - PH2, Gt2 , Gt3, SNY, Gt4
got good to the UK between Ph2 and Gt2.
got good to average standards between Gt3 and SNY
getting better and understanding the game between SNY and Gt4
Gt4 - now, biggest stepup to date

Top Bottom