• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
LOL you get email updated from this thread! That is so extra lol. I'm subscribed in the user cp but not more than that, don't think I could take all the spam that would come through the mail.

We should have some kind of mass posting session to troll Prof's Inbox.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im subscribed to about 40 different threads spread over the entire site, so if i was to get email notifications every time someone made a post i would get about 200 emails a day on top the the spam i already get from fakebook
i just press F5 on my user CP every 5 minutes when im on the computer while doin other crap, hence why i have a fairly large amount of posts XD

oh yeah, when is SNY2? cause i want to host my tournament in april as its the only real time thats available, but i want melee there too and i dont want to clash

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL you get email updated from this thread! That is so extra lol. I'm subscribed in the user cp but not more than that, don't think I could take all the spam that would come through the mail.

We should have some kind of mass posting session to troll Prof's Inbox.
lol I have like 4000 unread messages in my e-mail (prob even more, I actually don't check)....I never read anything in there because no-one contacts via e-mail, so if you do do it, it would make no difference except for when im on msn I would just get a notification telling me you posted lol.

I have the same thing with facebook.

im subscribed to about 40 different threads spread over the entire site, so if i was to get email notifications every time someone made a post i would get about 200 emails a day on top the the spam i already get from fakebook
i just press F5 on my user CP every 5 minutes when im on the computer while doin other crap, hence why i have a fairly large amount of posts XD

oh yeah, when is SNY2? cause i want to host my tournament in april as its the only real time thats available, but i want melee there too and i dont want to clash

Being subscribed is better so you don't have to refresh, you just know when the person has posted with an e-mail lol.

And SNY2 is around August, so April should be perfectly fine....what kind of event are you looking to host, melee or melee + brawl?

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
How do you go about subscribing to a thread? My emails accounts full of spam which keeps telling me my penis is to small or I need marry a girl from china so useful spam would be appreciated.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Even though I know you're someone in this community WaagOne and not some new person since Charles told me you subscribe to it at the top of the page by clicking on the top of the page where it says 'Thread Tools' and you'll see it there.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Top of the page, there should be a drop down called Thread tools.

Subscribe to thread should be there. When you go onto your user cp, it'll show all the threads that you've subscribed to that have been posted in since you last read the thread.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Can I just say prof- are you on for a potential smashfest probably in the easter hollidays at mine? I'm also inviting Wiggum and Alex (I can't have too many people round)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Can I just say prof- are you on for a potential smashfest probably in the easter hollidays at mine? I'm also inviting Wiggum and Alex (I can't have too many people round)
Yeah I would be up for it :)

Though I dont think Wiggum will be able to come as apparently he is going on some 2/3 month holiday or something lol....

BUT I would also like 'The Lust' to come as he is in your area already and would like to play some smash and also it would be good to see him.

So you should try to bring like 1/2 other people to replace Wiggum

Ask VA lol :reverse:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL just saw Brads post about 'destroying' me in a MM :p You beat me in a Random character MM. In Fox vs Puff MM I like 3/2 stocked you every game.

(I'm trying to get some beef going for the 29th) :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Anyone got a driver download they can send me for a vista DVC 100. I lost the serial number and cant find one to save my life. If I can get one I will gladly do the recording for the monthly but without it I gotta get a new capture device....****ty windows ****ing 7.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
We shall see :p haha, don't worry I was just doing the same :).

Looking forward to see you guys, should be traveling with you and Wheelz from LC :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Anyone got a driver download they can send me for a vista DVC 100. I lost the serial number and cant find one to save my life. If I can get one I will gladly do the recording for the monthly but without it I gotta get a new capture device....****ty windows ****ing 7.
What's a driver download :confused:

And what's it essential for....whatever it is can't you download it illegally or something lol???

ALSO SETS GOT RECORDED WITH ME VS FUZZ

I won the majority of them of course, we had like 6 sets I think and he won 2 and I won 4.
And other sets with Bishkin, Jolteon and Alpha Dash got recorded and are all good so look forward to uploading them, might take awhile if my computer starts acting up and being gay in terms of aborting my upload.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
What's a driver download :confused:

And what's it essential for....whatever it is can't you download it illegally or something lol???
It's the thing that lets it work lol

And i've been trying but its impossible to find the vista version which according to forums is the only one which seems to work on a windows 7 system.

The other alternative is if someone has a laptop with Windows Vista or less brings it to the monthly and I can bring my external hard drive and everything I need to just capture the video and save it to my hard drive then edit and upload at home

Anyone willing to do this let me know.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Bishkin I was thoroughly impressed with how much you have improved. Your movement looks much smoother and you're just playing smarter in general. You still have bad jumping habits and I think you should read up on Falco's laser game options, but in any case, keep it up. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
HUGE SMASHFEST BEFORE THIS MONTHLY!!!

Adrian known as the Marth player AC is willing to house 20 people for a smashfest at his and he wants people from in London and people outside of London meaning L-J, Crabman, Bullet Bill, Swizzy, VA, JJlinyard (HSAM)....EVERYONE!!!

He said he has NO LIMIT to how much people are allowed over which means ANYONE can come.
I told him it would be best to do a smashfest from next Friday to Sunday and people can sleep over, do people agree???

This will have about 5/6 Setups and he lives in an aera called Lewisham which is 2/3 Stops on the train from London Bridge.

WHO WANTS TO COME!!!!???!!!!!????

j3ly

Smash Champion
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ill bring our laptop and dazzle!

people who want to come from tesco :
j3ly
unreal
pms
deathgazer
hype??

this sounds sooo sik
everybody come!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
PLEASE bring everybody, it would be really good and definitely the Laptop + Dazzle as we all know no recording equipment kills events.

Do you have a mic cos im gonna buy one for the OoC stuff so should I bring that one?

j3ly

Smash Champion
my mic is my baby, my future career on the side, my portal to the dream i'm going to chase for as long as i can

no ****ing wayyyyy is that leaving ends. if it breaks, goodbye kaosillator

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
a 5er says i'll still 4 stock him

swizzy are you comming to this event?
Point is he's actually improved a lot and next time you play him you should be able to realise that lol.

HUGE SMASHFEST BEFORE THIS MONTHLY!!!

Adrian known as the Marth player AC is willing to house 20 people for a smashfest at his and he wants people from in London and people outside of London meaning L-J, Crabman, Bullet Bill, Swizzy, VA, JJlinyard (HSAM)....EVERYONE!!!

He said he has NO LIMIT to how much people are allowed over which means ANYONE can come.
I told him it would be best to do a smashfest from next Friday to Sunday and people can sleep over, do people agree???

This will have about 5/6 Setups and he lives in an aera called Lewisham which is 2/3 Stops on the train from London Bridge.

WHO WANTS TO COME!!!!???!!!!!????
Yeeeees, this sounds so good.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
my mic is my baby, my future career on the side, my portal to the dream i'm going to chase for as long as i can

no ****ing wayyyyy is that leaving ends. if it breaks, goodbye kaosillator
LOL Fair enough, my Mic is only some little cheap £7 Mic from Argos lol....so as long as no-one breaks it then everything should be ok.

HUGE SMASHFEST LIST
Jolteon
Professor Pro
J3ly
Unreal
Pms
Deathgazer
Hype??

Look forward to seeing this list a lot longer.....people from outside of London should definitely try and get to this for fun and experience

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Defaintley should be able to make it for the saturday and into sunday and exams end that week so ima bring some HSAM. Cant wait to see how far i may have fallen behind...and going back to PAL will be odd NTSC is way more fun & gay lol.

Also i have a ****ty mic we've used before if that will work??

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i have been to ACs house its very big / even has guest beds lol
its good that he decided to host a smashfest like we talked since he i cant travel far

also prof up the fuzzy vs you vids lol epic watch O_O for me

j3ly

Smash Champion
ME:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gbe2QnOmC08/SayIFf4bntI/AAAAAAAAAAY/LcGSQIFwRVc/S220/****-ScaryBlackDude.jpg

BISHKIN:

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
swizzy are you comming to this event?
Yeah, I'll be there. Haven't picked up a controller since last tournament though so could will be rusty as hell.

I'm definitely up for coming to AC's. I'm out friday night so will probably show up saturday afternoon.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
NAH are actually meant it to be THIS FRIDAY-SUN!!!!

Unless people want it the day before the monthly, but I thought for hype reasons it would just be better before the Monthly so a lot of people don't go to the monthly already playing each other lol :confused:

So yeah, are people ok with this Friday-Sun?

Top Bottom