• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I do my job in a way that amuses me.

Haven't had any major complaints, feels good man.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
a few pages back when we was talking about this monthly

i kept hearing doubles coming up

so is there doubles for both events ?

also whens the next fest alphas dashes was really good xD

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yeah the community aint electing ****, that's not how the modding process works.

But honestly if there is such a large level of unrest, then there's obviously something going on, so seriously just everyone who honestly cares about this and isn't trolling drop Marc a PM with whatever you can think of/find that you have a problem with, and he'll take it to forum support.

Cause complaining nonstop in threads does **** all. Yeah yeah mods be gay but you wanna do something about it you go to the room designed for you to complain.
It's a one part bog standard scene drama, 2 parts troll + a whole load of pointless **** =]

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I know I'll do a good job if I was a mod... but I also have a social life unfortunately so I cant be policing this place every 5 seconds.

I would like to appeal for the unbanning of Willz and Anaky, perhaps on the condition that if they get 2 infractions within a month they get banned... they claim to have changed their ways, why not give them a second chance? everyone misses them.

L-J

Smash Ace
Please do doubles at this Monthly - it's not worth it for me if it's only singles.

I kinda like the ideas being batted around for reforming singles, though somehow I feel like people getting 3rd in a pool of 5/6 should be getting the reward of reaching bracket rather than being put in a random seeding, single elim bracket to try and reach the main bracket.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
a few pages back when we was talking about this monthly

i kept hearing doubles coming up

so is there doubles for both events ?

also whens the next fest alphas dashes was really good xD
I dunno when the next Alpha Dash smashfest is, and it's good to know you enjoyed it, would you definitely be up for travelling to something like that again???

Also you have to admit....OoC Smashfest > Tesco Crew Smashfest.....am I right lol :)???

And I want to know if there is doubles for this event and whats going on.

I duno

I never said I'd take out doubles
But you never said you wouldn't either.....these are the kind of things you need to focus on Fuzzy, often you are really organized with certain aspects of running events...like changing the stage list on the day of the event (which you have done more then once) and just thinking whether you should do this or that on the day.

People want to know whats going on so hear everyone's opinion and see what mostly everyone wants and then fully decide and fully declare it.

ALSO IN A COMPLETE NON TROLLING WAY I WOULD GLADLY ASSIST IN DE-THRONING KJ FROM HIS POSITION SINCE I FEEL HE'S NOT THE RIGHT PERSON FOR IT

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
honestly in this position I see no harm, it wasn't charles that brought up not having doubles (it was vgay) so it's kind of a basic assumption imo since it's been like that the last several monthlies.

/e prof, where are those uploads baby?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know it wasn't Charles who brought up 'No doubles'

What im saying is that Charles should clarify what's going on WAY before the event happens or atleast be in the process of clarifying it so the community knows what's going to happen.....instead of doing it on the day or loads of different people going to the event with different ideas of what's going to happen....which is what he doesn't strongly do.

And the uploads will come partially today and 2moro lol...I just got back from dance not tooo long ago and also I have dance 2moro and the day after 2moro so I will try to do it in between that time.

We could have actually recorded more sets as I have Gantz hardrive which is 250gb.

Jolteon

I know it wasn't Charles who brought up 'No doubles'

What im saying is that Charles should clarify what's going on WAY before the event happens or atleast be in the process of clarifying it so the community knows what's going to happen.....instead of doing it on the day or loads of different people going to the event with different ideas of what's going to happen....which is what he doesn't strongly do.

And the uploads will come partially today and 2moro lol...I just got back from dance not tooo long ago and also I have dance 2moro and the day after 2moro so I will try to do it in between that time.

We could have actually recorded more sets as I have Gantz hardrive which is 250gb.
yeah I guess, it's just... I dunno, I felt like it was obvious lol, but I see your point that charles should really post up the official rule set before the event.

and alright that sounds good, I wanna work on stuff lol @_@

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well i'll upload our set first so you can see what you want to work on and stuff.

I don't know why your set went so close stock wise with AC....you should be destroying him lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh fair enough lol....I didn't see that.

Anyway just letting you know im super tired from dance and I will upload the videos when I get up 2moro since I will have the time then and my class doesn't start till 7:30pm

Sorry about that, it's just I wanna go bed now and I would be forcing myself to stay up.

Jolteon

yeah but the problem with that is you will face inaccuracies after the top 5 or so!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im awake now anyway from my sleep, something work me up and since i've been sleeping for like 6/7 Hours I can't go back to sleep lol....so I will start to do some of the videos now starting with mine and Jolteon's set.

Also whats going on with the singles thing.

Why don't we do singles first since that's priority and then it means that we can test out how much time it takes and then see if we have enough time for doubles afterwards.

I thought we were just doing it as all the top people of the people (whatever number it will be) go into a normal double elimination bracket and then all the people who didn't progress go into the amatuer single elimination bracket.......wouldn't that work and just be simple lol :confused:

Jolteon

Uhmm well yet again this is something that VA suggested that Charles hasn't commented on.

Soooo.... I dunno @_@

But I suggested top pool placers simply because it's meant to make everyone who places 1st/2nd in pools consistently go through asap to give new players a better experience... so in the end it's basically like speeding it up for the people who get 1st/2nd usually, I dunno, it makes sense to me?

I thought you were one of the ones who liked doubles first o_o?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ALSOOOO Project M Demo is being released like Late January/Early Feb before Pound 5

http://smashmods.com/

I'm not sure how to obtain it but who thinks they could get it, there's only 14 playable characters but I would definitely want to try it out to see what it's like

14 playable characters
•Captain Falcon
•Falco
•Fox
•Ganondorf
•Mr. Game & Watch
•Jigglypuff
•Link
•Lucas
•Mario
•Marth
•Sheik
•Snake
•Sonic
•Zelda

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Uhmm well yet again this is something that VA suggested that Charles hasn't commented on.

Soooo.... I dunno @_@

But I suggested top pool placers simply because it's meant to make everyone who places 1st/2nd in pools consistently go through asap to give new players a better experience... so in the end it's basically like speeding it up for the people who get 1st/2nd usually, I dunno, it makes sense to me?

I thought you were one of the ones who liked doubles first o_o?
I did like doing doubles first lol....but I was just saying with the new system we could do if we don't know if there would be enough time we could do Singles first just in case....but yeah we COULD just put the top people who pretty much will get through pools into brackets straight away since that would definitely speed up things....so I agree with that.

Jolteon

I did like doing doubles first lol....but I was just saying with the new system we could do if we don't know if there would be enough time we could do Singles first just in case....but yeah we COULD just put the top people who pretty much will get through pools into brackets straight away since that would definitely speed up things....so I agree with that.
Oh, fair enough lol.

Yeah let's bug Charles about it later and see what he thinks, cause there's so many ways to do this (and we've never really tried any of them so a few of them are bound to be terrible ideas).

VA

Smash Hero
I really dislike pools for the top 4 at least, it is a wasted process. Having not lost a set to anyone except prof and charles in the UK in over 2 years now (I've probably lost in total about 5 games to other people), I don't think it's unreasonable to start putting the better players through pools automatically.

Yes it is a little bit unfair in the first instance as we don't have a solid top 8, but whatever get top 8 at this monthly and you'll have free entry to bracket next time. There is nothing wrong with using that as an incentive.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ALSOOOO Project M Demo is being released like Late January/Early Feb before Pound 5

http://smashmods.com/

I'm not sure how to obtain it but who thinks they could get it, there's only 14 playable characters but I would definitely want to try it out to see what it's like

14 playable characters
•Captain Falcon
•Falco
•Fox
•Ganondorf
•Mr. Game & Watch
•Jigglypuff
•Link
•Lucas
•Mario
•Marth
•Sheik
•Snake
•Sonic
•Zelda
really? well jcaeser must still be working on r.o.b then, as thats his own personal favourite i was expecting that to be in the demo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
**** ROB, I want P:Melee MK.
dude he has almost guarantte'd combo's inbrawl, what is the world gonna do with him in melee? i mean i know that jcaeser changed the SDI scaling on the u-air to x3 (a.k.a its easy as hell to sdi) but everything is still going to combo like a *****

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I really dislike pools for the top 4 at least, it is a wasted process. Having not lost a set to anyone except prof and charles in the UK in over 2 years now (I've probably lost in total about 5 games to other people), I don't think it's unreasonable to start putting the better players through pools automatically.

Yes it is a little bit unfair in the first instance as we don't have a solid top 8, but whatever get top 8 at this monthly and you'll have free entry to bracket next time. There is nothing wrong with using that as an incentive.
Yeah this make sense.
Also I haven't lost a set to ANYONE in the UK for two years except Fuzzy and VA
The last person I lost to was Chrisboi at GGT1 which was like 2 years and a half ago.
I think the top 4 people should go straight through.

Also in Project M fox has his beautiful NTSC U-Smash.....just likes he deserves to :)

ALSOOOO im editing the videos now, and then while at my dance class im gonna leave all the videos on a queue.

VA

Smash Hero
What about smakis!?

:p

Fuzzy has only lost to you. Edwin has lost a set to Tamoo, me and you.

Anyway, the top 8 idea I think is good. It just saves time and makes pools more competitive.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Smakis doesn't really count as someone I have lost to lol....if thats the case then I have lost to loads of people in the past.

Edwin - ....you say that like you don't get the concept of PM lol....you can't put new characters in Melee.

Top Bottom