• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
loooooooooool

honestly just dont care.

but i think its wrong to super ban , thats one of the reasons mango wants to quit cause he dont like the community that much

kJ probably did it cause they offended him personally ,

cause tbh i dont know how someone could get super banned anyways

people are not naturally douches in this community lool

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The hating stems not so much from general mod hate, but because pre-KJ, the moderators here have had quite a laissez-faire policy, and it's worked. Then KJ (<3 you really) has come along and has started abusing his power in a rather authoritarian manner, naturally resulting in quite a bit of resentment from some areas of the community.

</pointless Hugo post no771>
I like how a lot of your posts always have these kind of words in to describe different situations....I always find myself knowing what the word is because of the situation you used to describe it but then still google it lol....

Educating people while representing to cool people.....get a poster get any better :confused:

Also where do you actually find out most of the words and stuff lol....Uni or self educated or both lol.

/community is ****
lol You know you love it baby...

And I lol'd at you trying to ban me before the monthly.....was I trashtalking or something and I guess that's the main reason why Marc was refusing to give the Mod thingy to me since the reason it was initiated was to stop me lol.

VA

Smash Hero
loool yeah you were. I never told him why or that I wanted it. Funny though to think I probably would have gone through with it.

community is not ****. but some of us are soooo dumb and annoying (golden-psycho). loool.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I've heard some complaints about KJ before, but this is honestly not the right way to go about it. If you feel he abuses his power or anything else, it's best to take it to Forum Support and/or send me a PM with examples of mod behaviour you feel isn't right on especially this part of the boards. The UK threads are hard to mod and obviously some mods will be more lenient than others, but if mistakes on the moderation side are reported, they will be considered. I'd prefer it if you guys would stop the public bashing and drama and take the correct route to solve this, that'll get you more sympathy too.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool You would have def gone through with it, you definitely didn't like me on the boards before and would have been very happy for me not to be on here and banned lol.

I think I remember you being pretty happy when I got banned once for like 2 weeks.

But now stuff has changed and I don't think we could ever go back to what it was like before even if we tried lol.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Anaky told me to say:

There's no point going to forum support unless u have an army of like 10 appealing against a mod. So dont waste your time guys, just wanted to get that out there.

Thanks for posting Dopl.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Trolling him won't solve this and will get this place in a worse spot.

If you don't trust Forum Support, trust me at least. I know everything in there to be taken very seriously though, it's just that you have to be able to come up with something better than "I got infracted for something I actually did and I want it reversed because I should get away with it". Of course staff will generally back staff, but not to the point where mistakes aren't acknowledged, if there are any.

j3ly

Smash Champion
maybe i should use my temp mod powers to super ban prof :)

worst that could happen in response is this account getting banned, and hell knows i dont care about that

serious prof u kinda ruined the UK community in many ways

Heartstring

Smash Legend
shut up you **** **** *** licking ******* **** monster **** butt

Prof it was probably before that monthly where I nearly beat you the first time.
not sure if mad or sarcastic. but i pulled a string somewhere

eitehr way, lets not turn this into a brawl vs. melee debate. people well always feel a tad sour about infractions, the fact that willz and andy's right to post on here was removed permanently means that alt accounts should not be allowed. and hes doing in job corretly in that sense by rebaning them. he may have done something wrong in a different area, and thats fair enough. but i think hes donig ti rigth from what ive seen

also, the concept of age=maturity is wrong, although willz is trying his very best to prove it correct XD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
maybe i should use my temp mod powers to super ban prof :)

worst that could happen in response is this account getting banned, and hell knows i dont care about that

serious prof u kinda ruined the UK community in many ways
I agree....the way I just said stuff to people on a website and it stopped them playing a game with their friends and attending any events was so terrible....I didn't realize I had the power to say things and it would affect what they did in their own time :(

If it wasn't for me we would still have the Scottish people playing and everyone would be doing ok....but then I just came along and said certain things by trashtalking and everyone got sensitive and quit smash and the proof is by the community being completely dead atm.....im so bad :(

Now go and do something until you actually have a valid reasons to back up what you said except for the fact how i've emotionally damaged you many times on these boards by discussing your life expectancy :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its also the fact he tried to take authority on something he had no past on, the UK player list to be precise and said Kone had no place being the manager of that thread lol.

lol I know what j3ly means too

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its also the fact he tried to take authority on something he had no past on, the UK player list to be precise and said Kone had no place being the manager of that thread lol.

yeah i admit, that was not a smart move in his case

but im pretty sure everyone has done something wrong in their lifetimes
really guys -__-

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I advise J3ly to use his temp super mod powers to ban me....he's gotta make the most of life while he's still on this Earth, so I would only give him a thumbs up if he did so.

I hope this situation though doesn't cause too much stress for him though :confused: as stress means that he needs to inhale a foreign substance just to get some normality in his life :urg:

VA

Smash Hero
golden-psycho I have no problem with you, was just trollin'.

Glad to see you're ready to hit that 'reprot post' button though, I've been there myself PROF.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If another mod was needed anywhere then it certainly isn't here. We have Fuzz and Yens and Marc, easily enough to keep everything in order. Killerjawz abuses his power and I've seen him making bad decisions in many areas of smashboards not just here.
Oh wow silly me not reading the rest of the thread LOOOOL

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman

didn't he just take controll of the thread untill someone could update it and run it themselves?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
If you actually care that's what Forum Support is for.

Obv you have to put an actual case together though, can't just be like "this mod's a ****head bruv"

yeah
don't say 'if you actually care' as if I have no life or something. I just don't want anyone else to get banned needlessly. Also this is the first time I've heard of forum support so I'm not really sure how it all works.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
golden-psycho I have no problem with you, was just trollin'.

Glad to see you're ready to hit that 'reprot post' button though, I've been there myself PROF.
awsm. dont like to be a hate figure ^.^

also, people seem to assume that kj is the one who single handedly banned these people. they probably got infracted many many times by other people. all he appears to be doing is keeping them from using alts, which is fair

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
don't say 'if you actually care' as if I have no life or something. I just don't want anyone else to get banned needlessly. Also this is the first time I've heard of forum support so I'm not really sure how it all works.
Well I meant it as in if you actually care and not doing it for the trolololz

There's an explanation of how it works in the actual room, but screw it, if you have legit complaints you can just forward them to Marc. He'd probably do the best job of making a case anyway.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think I need to make something else clear as well- I don't have anything against killerjawz I just don't want more people that are a part of the community banned.

Teran- I'm not trolling

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know, it doesn't really matter whether KJ gets demodded or not in that case, because if members of the community act up around the boards, then there's a chance of them getting banned.

Most of Willz's infractions actually came from Captain Falcon boards lol. But yeah whatever that's a story for another time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think I need to make something else clear as well- I don't have anything against killerjawz I just don't want more people that are a part of the community banned.

Teran- I'm not trolling
i know you dont, and i can understand why you wouldnt want community members banned (particularly those that contribute events and such) but if theyve done something to get banned, then thats the ruels i suppose

B.Mack

Smash Ace
seriously, if so many people complain about the effectiveness of a mod, (and arent blatantly trolling) shouldnt that mean the person should be unmodded?

let me explain... if Smashboards was a country, mods would be governors... Smashboards is built to serve its users, no? so if one of the governers is making the website a less enjoyable experience for its users, they should be voted out of office. For example, Zigsta mods the Wario boards, and I made an offtopic post simply stating my love for Wario, I got a warning for it (not an infraction, mind you). I then made a post in the same thread(Q&A thread) asking a completely irrelevant question that makes no sense, but said it was a question so I cant get infracted. It was just a joke, and no infractions were had. given a similar situation, I'm fairly sure KJ would have infracted me, simply because I didnt work according to his wishes.

My personal opinion is that we should have a mod election. KJ vs new replacement. If there is going to be another mod that will do their job to a higher standard than KJ, he should be elected.

a "good" mod is not a lax person who doesnt hand out infractions. But a "good" mod is also not someone who would infract someone for the tiniest incident because of personal distaste and act like a prick to 90% of the people on the boards.

I'd like to think that Smashboards is more of a democracy than a communist state.

The Filth

Smash Lord
UK doesn't want mods anyway, the people rocking around here with red names aren't really mods.

I ain't never seen so much moaning about inconsequential **** before, y'all old women.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah the community aint electing ****, that's not how the modding process works.

But honestly if there is such a large level of unrest, then there's obviously something going on, so seriously just everyone who honestly cares about this and isn't trolling drop Marc a PM with whatever you can think of/find that you have a problem with, and he'll take it to forum support.

Cause complaining nonstop in threads does **** all. Yeah yeah mods be gay but you wanna do something about it you go to the room designed for you to complain.

Top Bottom