• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future part V: Where We're Going, We Don't Need DI Results!

ORLY

Smash Master
$1 pancake singles event:

1: tink
2: kels
3: orly
4: dart!
5: no.1smashdaddy
5: DtJ Oro?!
7: cheato
7: hore
9: mcsnappleton
9: jeff
9: looshkin
9: metroid
13: gio
13: Rat
13: quaz

Singles:

1: Kels
2: Dart!
3: Tink
4: Rat
5: Arty
5: Scythe
7: metroid
7: the good doctor
9: GeorgeMcFly (iamthemicrowave)
9: Hindawg
9: ORLY
9: DtJ Oro?!
13: no1smashdaddy
13: Alcheato
13: Quaz
13: Looshkin

Amateur bracket:

1: JPal
2: Raid
3: level9chao
4: Scribbler

Tink

Smash Hero
chris got a 4th seed in his pool 0_0....losing to hindawg, arty, and smashdaddy(right?)

ORLY

Smash Master
lol yep

i got ****ed up

i still love this game no matter how much i say i don't

EDIT: i also seeded the bracket 100% correctly

even though tink was in my face inching his way towards disqualification

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah you gotta chill Tink, you were goin off on Chris.

Fun tourney overall though. GGs everyone and good stuff hosting Chris. That waived entry for newer players seems to be working, since there were a bunch of new people at this one.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lol yep

i got ****ed up

i still love this game no matter how much i say i don't

EDIT: i also seeded the bracket 100% correctly

even though tink was in my face inching his way towards disqualification
Lol what was his complaint this time? Let me guess.. He was on my side of the bracket?

:phone:

Tink

Smash Hero
how should i not? he makes the pools and knows where 1st seeds go in the end....i mean, why was it chris in the last pool instead of rat 0_o(as the assumed 1 seed)

all i everrrr say is to allow tio to make most desicions, so theres no human bias in the pools/bracket making. it seems every time, by accident or luck, that kels is in pool 1, and im always in pool 4 so we have to play unless i ***** about it. its ridiculous.(btw, chris is always 2/3 pools -_- look back if u want)

i ask, why shouldnt there be some kinda bracket manipulation when the bracket looks completley easier then the other side?

i mean, when arty got 1st seed, he shoudlve immediatley gotten kels on his side, not just to balance it out, but because that pool didnt have a "big 3" in it. it was the easiest pool by far to get a 1st seed.

EDIT: if rat made the bracket, and i got kels, i woudlnt mind at all....i just think chris is damn shady when it comes to being a TO and its pising me off. i dont understand why ppl defend chris's TOing when its mostly other ppl getting the tournament going when chris wants to play matches and friendlies -_-.

EDit2: also, chris makes it seem like i wanted to switch the bracket again, and that wasnt the case....i johned that i got kels and it was bull****, but i never told him to change it at all.

ORLY

Smash Master
bzoo and i handmade the pools to both of our satisfaction and if you really have a problem with my TOing, you're not obligated to come to my tournaments.

just stay at home and ***** at everyone within earshot.

your *****ing aside, you are helpful when you want to be.

EDIT: i've admitted to my rookie mistakes in the past and i've learned from them. this was 100% legit and any complaints about the bracket are unfounded nonsense. if you think i'm out to get you or pit you against kelly, putting myself on the other side of the bracket to place higher, you're paranoid.

Tink

Smash Hero
no, im saying your putting yourself into better situation, which is screwing me unintentionally.

also, if u wanna go the route and get upidy about me not coming, noone asked you to start running these for sveet....you just declared you would do it before anyone else could. anyone can run them, not just you and only you. u need to remember that -_-.

theres also the fact that you cant add or so it seems.....but that story is for another time if you wanna continue to argue 0_0.

ORLY

Smash Master
hah, **** you tink if you think i put myself on the other side of the bracket just to place higher. i make the bracket fairly and completely based off of the results of the pools. i am not that petty.

if other people want to run them, i really don't care. this happens every ****ing tournament and i don't need to go out of my way for this kind of hassle. no wonder sveet didn't want to come back and host these after he moved to dekalb.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I just wanted to run it for the experience, it had nothing to do with your To'ing Chris, I just want to make that clear.
Tink is being very petty, especially because it doesn't matter since he is always a solid 2nd/3rd place at these events no matter where he is in the bracket

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I did seed the pools, and I asked Chris to put Rat as the 4th 1 seed. He said he had better recent results, and I didn't feel like arguing so I did put Chris as the 4th 1 seed.

Tink

Smash Hero
chris, ur startin to piss me off. thats fine, ill galdlyyyy run them....or give jeff the first shot at it since he expressed interest.

and once again, im not talking about the bracket -_-. im talking about, ifff you use the same system each time, which is 1/4 pools 1st seeds together, and 2/3 seeds together, your essentially picking who has to play each other when making pools(everyyyone starts with the 4 top 1 seeds, and then finish pools after them 4 ppl are seeded), unless u do it randomly. because chicago smash isnt that random, u can almost guarantee seeds.

your acting like your the best TO or something, and that we dont have to pressure you every tournament to hurry up, or to get stuff started so a 23 man tournament with no doubles can end before 11pm....thats ridic.
u wouldnt try to help your bracket chances?!? do i even need to bring up the taken venue fee for sakurai Mr. conscious?

*official hate stamp*

alcheato

Smash Ace
Fun tourney as usual. Too bad I had maaad controller johns though

Also, Chicago area Smash has so much drama....lolz.

ORLY

Smash Master
the drama is over because tink is now banned at my tournaments

i don't need to TO these to get *****ed at every month

if how i do things isn't good enough for the almighty tink, he can play somewhere else

Tink

Smash Hero
thats good, you wont be holding them anymore anyway(as u said i can) 0_0.....but dont worry, i wont ban you from the new Smashing Grounds.....i willl however conform to the standard ruleset that most ppl want.

i will make a new thread for it i guess, since i know u wont change the ruleset.(ill talk to a bunch of you chicago ppl and see whats the best time for the next date)

chrisrly said:
if other people want to run them, i really don't care. this happens every ****ing tournament and i don't need to go out of my way for this kind of hassle. no wonder sveet didn't want to come back and host these after he moved to dekalb.
done and done

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Jeez men, stop being drama queens.
There is no reason Tink should be banned, nor is the a reason why you guys should be arguing in the first place.

Tink

Smash Hero
yo, i dont see no drama....chris said if hes not being appreciated, he will stop running them.....someone then stepped up, and then chris tried to reclaim power with a banning lolll....but rest assured at a tourny that chris is not TOing, there will be no hate, just ****.

ORLY

Smash Master
naw, if tink wants to run them and show us all how the master does it, that's fine with me

i have no interest in his bull**** anymore

but there will likely be no more discount for new players and no amateur bracket

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl...naw, thatll stay......that has huge win all over it.....tho, ill think about making it better, if possible(already pretty good).

ORLY

Smash Master
so lemme get this straight, your only complaint with my TOing is allowing time for people to get there and get back from going to eat ("going slowly") and that you got matched up against kels in winner's semis.. ?

for real?

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
rofl...naw, thatll stay......that has huge win all over it.....tho, ill think about making it better, if possible(already pretty good).
bet keep that ametur bracket lik i said its was my first tourmanet but i feel u tink bra u should be up there 2nd or 3rd cus u r raw as smasher idk its jus me talkin man but as far as chris hosting it i think he did a good job idk thats jus me talkin but yall shouldnt be argun foreal lol but onthe other hand i would lik to see u host a tournamet see how that goes lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
bet keep that ametur bracket lik i said its was my first tourmanet but i feel u tink bra u should be up there 2nd or 3rd cus u r raw as smasher idk its jus me talkin man but as far as chris hosting it i think he did a good job idk thats jus me talkin but yall shouldnt be argun foreal lol but onthe other hand i would lik to see u host a tournamet see how that goes lol

I know you speak English, you should be able to type English as well.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
quaz I see you and no one loves you...
(jk)

Zudo, I got you next time brotha. lolfailed dair for the loss.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Oh it's hilarious but I'm sad its over cuz blocked.
And way to draw attention to it. This could've dragged on for some entertaining amounts of posts like the Tink vs. ChrisRly battle or that one other argument that happened recently. But you had to go in and whisper the dogs away before the dust fully settled. wwaayyy toooo goooo

Tink

Smash Hero
theres plenty of complaints and ive said many....i think someone can do a better job, and i guess we will see if thats true...when i usualy TO i almost play no friendlies(huge difference between us) with anyone and focus mostly on tournament(and being a stoner -_-)

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
theres plenty of complaints and ive said many
Welp no one refuted that...

You should man up and ask chris if you could run them. But methinks you're one of the few who has qualms under current management.

ps: I'm game for learning how to run these. 'spose the doc and should just shadow the TO and learn the ropes that way. Ah, wait I don't have TIO to hell with it.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
God damn it Loosh stop spyin on me

just dunno what to say about the beef between jeff and Geo now lol.
man thats good daddy quaz..he comment my stuff sayin icnt speak english rite im lik i kno howda speak englisg its txting dumba.s.s lol i was talkin to tink anyway he didnt need to comment u kno me quaz i anit no b.itch lol i anit got beef wif him im jus sayin he didnt need to comment on my stuff talkin stuff feel me bra? i think i member him he cool but still man i jus hate wen ppl talk stuff n im cool wit everyone :/

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can't orly just make kels and tink the 1st and 2nd pools heads in the future?

or am i overlooking something....

edit: in that case wouldn't tink have been switched with dart and the same things happened anyway? ah well. hope to see some of this crew at apex.

Top Bottom