• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future part V: Where We're Going, We Don't Need DI Results!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Welp no one refuted that...

You should man up and ask chris if you could run them. But methinks you're one of the few who has qualms under current management.

ps: I'm game for learning how to run these. 'spose the doc and should just shadow the TO and learn the ropes that way. Ah, wait I don't have TIO to hell with it.
A Doctor/Loosh version of Smashing Grounds!
I'm in, and I have TIO
The thing was Chris put him self as a 1 seed when it probably should have gone to Rat.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
theres plenty of complaints and ive said many....i think someone can do a better job, and i guess we will see if thats true...when i usualy TO i almost play no friendlies(huge difference between us) with anyone and focus mostly on tournament
I know that feel. I drop out of about half of the things I enter at my own events.

Rat

Smash Lord
The pool seeding was janky - Why not put a bunch of second seeds in the 4th pool? ORLY, oro?!, and I would have been interesting. The bracket also seemed a janky, but it was seeded correctly.

I hope beating ORLY and others (dammit tink!) last weekend counts towards getting seeded better next time.

Overall though, I agree with Tink - I feel like ORLY's TOing hasn't been the most honorable.

Some thoughts on that:
-Don't ban someone for disagreeing or arguing with you.
-Trust matters, build it. People trust you to make a good bracket and finish the event in a timely manner. Exceed their expectations.

Rat

Smash Lord
On the matter of new TOs, can we have a TO off?
A competition for who runs the best events. Each week a new set of TOs and we vote on it or something. That could be sweet.

ORLY

Smash Master
it's not like i had a hairtrigger on someone arguing with me nor that i want to ban anyone

but he is always in my face about the bracket, the pools, the seeding, everything. it's not worth it for me

regarding pool 4: i had been outplacing rat at tournaments lately, so i put myself as the fourth 1st seed. i felt it was justified.

i feel like it's the season of picking fights with me so i've developed a very short fuse for it. it started with darkatma and i don't understand where this hate is coming from

EDIT: here i was, thinking i was doing a good job, and so many people were thinking to the contrary. what a kick in the pants

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Just tell yourself you didn't want the job anywho and keep playing plz

Rat has a good idea. I say we put some action into his words. Rat, who's your TO partner in crime? Oro??

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Rat should have been 1st seed in 4th pool, not Chris. Rat beats 80-90% of the people at these tournaments 90-100% of the time vs Chris who beats 80-90% of the people at these tournaments 25-50% of the time.

If Dart/Kels/Tink all get 1st seed in pools, Kels should get 1st seed in bracket and dart should get 2nd.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Here's my take on all of it. If there's ever a time where Tink, Dart, and I get first seed in pools. Tink and Dart should always be 2/3 because they constantly place that way in tournament. Not trying to make things easier for me by saying i should be playing 4th place 1st seed but that's how tournaments are done.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
All of this arguing is kind of absurd considering that the seeding in small tournaments like this won't affect the results 90% of the time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Here's my take on all of it. If there's ever a time where Tink, Dart, and I get first seed in pools. Tink and Dart should always be 2/3 because they constantly place that way in tournament. Not trying to make things easier for me by saying i should be playing 4th place 1st seed but that's how tournaments are done.
Kelly Smith is a wise man.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
LightsOut has a good point. The top 5 from these last two tournaments are damn near identical. For instance if say Dart or Tink plays and lose to Kels in winners 1st round. Its no big deal. They both will most likely see Kels again in Grand finals if not at least get 3rd or 4th place anyway.

No offense to the everyone else. I'm just saying.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I kinda agree with Tink, because not all first seeds are created equal, you gotta space out the best first seeds throughout bracket... he and Kelly shouldn't be on the same side, even if there are upsets during pools. Like others have said, winners semis should be lined up as: Kelly vs 4th first seed, Tink vs Dart

P.S. if there's a dispute between who is "given" the 4th first seed, like if it comes down to Rat or Chris, then why not put them both in the same pool and let them fight it out? The weakest first seed and strongest second seed should be in the same pool if you can't decide who's better.

Top Bottom