• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Smash 'Til You Drop 2 - Dy-no-mite Punch!" Montréal, Québec, Canada; Feb. 24th 2007

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
To bad luigi's banned from low tier =/, looks like you cant tier ***** both tiers

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yo! Posting to say I can attend and will be heading down with the other toronto peoples so will need housing with them and whatnot.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I'm also posting to say that I'm like 90% sure that I'm going to come. Just gotta iron out some final details before confirming.

Also, can we please please please do a regional or provincial crews match? I've never gotten over missing the one from STYD1

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Yay!, Toronto is steppin it up, looks like this is getting just as big if not bigger then the first ^_^. I better write one sexy letter to get the weekend off work so i can ... um... "play" youz guyz.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
I'm also posting to say that I'm like 90% sure that I'm going to come. Just gotta iron out some final details before confirming.

Also, can we please please please do a regional or provincial crews match? I've never gotten over missing the one from STYD1
im guessing were gona be around 80 people attending ... so we won't have time for that ... unless EVERYTHING runs VERY quickly and that we can do the crew battle before eating ( at like 4-5h )
but here again im guessing we will have no time
( i wanna do that before single so more people can watch it ... but i guess it doesnt work like that ... i mean a regional after the tourny finish isnt a crownded regional seriouly :S )

edit : ANYWAY do you have ANY idea of ur 10 player team? beside those already on the PR? AND do you have ANY idea what ur facing on? lol!!!

edit2 : ill be able to house a few people that i already know well... but im not 100% sure yet so more info to come this week asap

Dice

Smash Lord
Does Dave's stupid modified rule apply to crews or doubles?
Don't want to speak for chet or anything, but it does apply to doubles, but not to crews. I think crews should be always random stage and stay the character you initially chose before the crew battle started.

Razed

Smash Ace
just to get a general idea... about how big is the place? and what do we do for supper/lunch? if we arrive a bit early, can we warm up? Thanks

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Btw, Razed, when I said that we should meet before the tournament, I meant like, during the weekend or something, not a few hours before. I dunno what your school scedule is like, but if you msn add me, we can talk about it, nomsain.

The actual tournament doesn't start 'till 11:45, so if you get there at 11:00 you will be able to play some warm up games.

Razed

Smash Ace
Btw, Razed, when I said that we should meet before the tournament, I meant like, during the weekend or something, not a few hours before. I dunno what your school scedule is like, but if you msn add me, we can talk about it, nomsain.

The actual tournament doesn't start 'till 11:45, so if you get there at 11:00 you will be able to play some warm up games.
ahh okay. I'm not gonna spend any overnights in montral, causemy dad doesn't really wanna to spend the weekend in montreal so that i can play a video game o.o. I'm prolly only gonna arrive the morning of at around 10:00ish. my msn is keirocat@hotmail.com and i'm online now till about 10:10... i'll be on later tonight though. I'm supposed to be doing a french project atm :/

EDIT: well actually i have to go now... so I'll be on later this afternoon and tonight. Thanks alot man

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
yea, im from Toronto and hope to attend too. Not sure on transportation. or even housing. but it would be crazy going. so im 50% going.

*luigi is in low tier. check the most recent tier list to make sure. mid was moved with low. i think?

Damax

Smash Lord
Cheap montrealers... XD

Okay I guess you can sign up me and jih as a team, Right Jih? we needa discuss the name though.

I'll take a day off work for the tournament. so I can take another on the 30 march

I'll offer housing, but I'd rather get peeps with a car, and that don't plan to over sleep cause it's bye bye at 2pm Maximum. (if your not in car and I gotta take you back its sooner but this is only if my car isn't already full but I doubt since I hope to travel with my crew.)

yeah so Jih, vwins, bam: what's the plan? one car drive in or two car raid?

Razed

Smash Ace
Hey, just so you all know, my french sucks... I can understand it fine, I just suck at speaking it... will anyone be able to help me a bit if I need to know a word or something?

Vwins

Smash Ace
Cheap montrealers... XD

Okay I guess you can sign up me and jih as a team, Right Jih? we needa discuss the name though.

I'll take a day off work for the tournament. so I can take another on the 30 march

I'll offer housing, but I'd rather get peeps with a car, and that don't plan to over sleep cause it's bye bye at 2pm Maximum. (if your not in car and I gotta take you back its sooner but this is only if my car isn't already full but I doubt since I hope to travel with my crew.)

yeah so Jih, vwins, bam: what's the plan? one car drive in or two car raid?
I think we will go with 2 cars because we will need to give a lift to some toronto players.
so we need to know first who need housing and who need a lift to be house by me, damax,jih and pkm.

Dice

Smash Lord
Hey, just so you all know, my french sucks... I can understand it fine, I just suck at speaking it... will anyone be able to help me a bit if I need to know a word or something?
With the bunch of english only speaking people going, everything is said in both languages and all people can speak english perectly fine.

Razed

Smash Ace
With the bunch of english only speaking people going, everything is said in both languages and all people can speak english perectly fine.
Wooot I won't be a loner! x]

Do we bring our own food? o.o

tect

Smash Journeyman
there's a subway, at a mc D's if i remember correctly. they're the same distance, about a 10 minute walk so none of this "i went to mc D's cuz subway was too far" do the right thing... there are some vending machines too, i think they only have drinks tho

Dice

Smash Lord
there's a subway, at a mc D's if i remember correctly. they're the same distance, about a 10 minute walk so none of this "i went to mc D's cuz subway was too far" do the right thing... there are some vending machines too, i think they only have drinks tho
be a man. do the right thing.

McD's >>>>>> subway because for half the price, you get like 100x the grease!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure there's a Harvey's not too far off...

And since everyone knows Harvey's>>>>MCds...

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Too bad MC'd doesnt offer Bam Juice. So this church is the exact same church that was rented for the first STYD, and is the room the same? Cause that pit area where we announced the events was too good... If we get our shiz together i like the idea of doing Regionals first, but i think me and Jih might be the only ones who think this way? Alot of people lose interest i find if its near the end as Jih stated.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to do Regionals first, Quebec can have more time to cut their wrists after losing

D

Deleted member

Ontario by 4 stocks

*shudder at loose frenchmen..Jarc's been at it again..*

ThatGuy

Smash Master
To answer Rimi, it's NOT the same church as the last STYD. That church couldn't be booked because of Catechism during the month of February. This tourney is using a different location that we will also be using for the tournament on March 31st.

Still need a team partner :(

Top Bottom