• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Smash 'Til You Drop 2 - Dy-no-mite Punch!" Montréal, Québec, Canada; Feb. 24th 2007

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Le problème que je vois avec le rematch du regional crews c'est que comme ça se ferait encore une fois à Montréal, ça serait un peu injuste pour l'Ontario. À ce que je sache y'a personne de Toronto qui planifie venir, je sais même pas si on aurait les dix joueurs nécessaires. Quoi qu'il serait toujours possible de réduire les effectifs de chaque équipe.

By the way we need a hero to defeat the evil tyrant ruler, aka Bam Bam Bigelow. I nominate myself.
Actually, the Ottawa boys chose the date because it was better for them, since they are in university, it's right next to their reading week, so they will be there. Also, Toronto was contacted prior to getting the room, if they were not coming, I would have not booked the room. From the direct feedback that I got, they said that they would be there. If they don't come, it's not my fault, I asked them before booking the room. So don't be too pessimistic my friend. Just a little update.

By the way, are you participating? No Mercy in the house? If you wanna take out Bam, BE MY GUEST! Oh, could you take care of Vwins as well? I'll take care of the rest of the trash.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Were not trash, were human beings =(

Mewto ditto, 6 bajillion dollars

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Ohh I feel "not liked" :(

Rimi my pikachu ur fox FD bo3 2$ ?

oh and this time Black Beard > no mercy :chuckle:

Dice

Smash Lord
- Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
- Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
- Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
- Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
- Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Those are official MLG stages, so I guess that means Great Bay and MK2 can be used for doubles if you want to go by MLG rules. DK64 and Rainbow Cruise are set to random for doubles.... >_<

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Great bay for doubles... Thats pretty ********, the bottom backthrows are pretty stupid, i just want a comfirmation if were using latest MLG or previous, thanks ^_^

And i <3 you bam, im just joking around and picked the dumbest character i could think of vs the best. If u really want to do that sure... tho it would be a waste of time when we could be getting in real matches =p, lol.

D

Deleted member

K SO TORONTO - Missisauga:

Noah (Bread), Me, Connel (Vex), Andy (Lanowen), Bernard (RaynEX), Ryan (Unknown522), Daniel (divine knight), Nate (Runawayfire)

All of the Torontonians that want to go to this, if I'm forgetting someone then speak up.

I'm betting the only way we could go is by train.. so who is up for all booking seats next to each other on the 23rd?

And why is Onett banned? Makes no sense, that was a good stage.

I vote that we unban Onett and ban Great Bay, who opposes that? For doubles I mean.
Ban MK2 and Great Bay, and unban Onett.

We should make an EC Canada ruleset.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try my best to make it to this, but it's the day after an important drama performance... The only way is if there's a really late train heading to Montreal, and someone's willing to pick up NNR that late to house us.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the performance is probably at 6...will go to probably 8, so we'd have to book it to Union Station and then take a train to Montreal..anybody know how long that takes and if it's possible to get a night train?

Assuming we get there at like..5 AM..yeah, I dunno. Who's up for that?

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, the performance is probably at 6...will go to probably 8, so we'd have to book it to Union Station and then take a train to Montreal..anybody know how long that takes and if it's possible to get a night train?

Assuming we get there at like..5 AM..yeah, I dunno. Who's up for that?
Remember, we need to be nice to whoever is picking us up/whoever we are going to go to.

Onett and Bay is gay

I gotta catch my parents at a good time to maximize my chances of going.

Jih

Smash Journeyman

I vote that we unban Onett and ban Great Bay, who opposes that? For doubles I mean.
Ban MK2 and Great Bay, and unban Onett.

We should make an EC Canada ruleset.
its been a long while since onett was banned, how long have you been sleeping? lol

bad idea. since some of us are crazy enought to still travel to the U.S.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
any way if between 4 - 10 people came up from western new york could any of us be housed. it may be bout 4 or 5 from buff and who knows how many from rochester.
lemme knizzow
-tim

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Your Mewto Banner is intimidating, does that mean you play him and would like to money match ^_^?

cF=)

Smash Lord
And you Maxime, do you have a criminal record?

Ok, important question ; who's planning on getting crunk'd after the tourney? Voulenteers are invited to my place. That means you too, Bam.
I jump in, but no tourney :ohwell:

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
oh and yea of course Jarc aka John Eric aka Protoss User aka Puff LE COMBO ZOMG
WATCH OUT DICE!!!

Dice

Smash Lord
oh and yea of course Jarc aka John Eric aka Protoss User aka Puff LE COMBO ZOMG
WATCH OUT DICE!!!
Why would I have to watch out for a puff? Dashdance to grab to downthrow to knee, rinse and repeat. Rimi should be the one worried, he hates puff lol

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Why would I have to watch out for a puff? Dashdance to grab to downthrow to knee, rinse and repeat. Rimi should be the one worried, he hates puff lol
it's an inside joke between me jih and jarc it's like everytime I play jarc I use falcon and I start dash dancing and scream WATCHOUT DICE INCOMING then knee...

Dice

Smash Lord
ohhh okay, makes sense now I guess....

And this is the time where I usually ***** myself out for money matches, but they usually never happen. So if you want a money match come ask me and the tournament.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman

And this is the time where I usually ***** myself out for money matches, but they usually never happen. So if you want a money match come ask me and the tournament.
speaking of MM's u wanna falcon ditto 2$ bo3
Marth Falcon 2$
Falco falcon 2$
fox falcon 2$ ? ^^

or w/e u want

D

Deleted member

How the hell are you guys maybes? UGH I HATE YOU ALL FOR BEING SO CLOSE YET YOU'RE LIKE I DUNNO I MIGHT WANNA MASTURBATE THAT DAY TO SUM HAWT HENTAIZ GUYZ SRY

gifjkdhfg98723hidfasgiybvduygeraegergaergakjghodfihgdfgi d/rant

Jih

Smash Journeyman

as usual ... if we don't get to play in a tourny ... i really wanna do a money match vs you

just to let the trandition go :)

edit : btw i expect 65++ people going to this

anybody wanna play price is right with me? *price is right song*

Fogel

Smash Lord
I should be at this one way or another. Put me down for just singles for now. I will do doubles, but I want to know if Andy is going first; if Andy can't go I'll team with someone else. As for equipment, I can bring a cube and a power bar for sure. If I have a lift of some kind, I can bring 1 or 2 TVs, but I don't know if I have one yet.

Random points:

- We haven't worked out the transportation details yet, but a bunch of us Ottawans will most likely need housing. Ask around if you can house a couple of people please!
- Onett is super gay and should stay banned for teams.
- With the greater number of people coming to this, plus possibly Americans, I think we should do regular crews instead of ON vs. QC. This lets more people play in more tourneys (yes, I did vote in the web poll, but I wanted to explain my reasoning here, everyone is just voting for ON vs. QC without thinking about it).
- With all the people coming to this, you probably won't have time for 4 events :(
- If you're doing pools to double elim like at ToS2, you need to know how to set up the brackets. Either find a program that does this (I don't know if one exists...maybe tio?) or talk to me about how the brackets are supposed to work.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Yeah, brackets were a bit messed last time (STYD1). I went 2-2 and tied for 5th?

That's not right.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
- With the greater number of people coming to this, plus possibly Americans, I think we should do regular crews instead of ON vs. QC. This lets more people play in more tourneys (yes, I did vote in the web poll, but I wanted to explain my reasoning here, everyone is just voting for ON vs. QC without thinking about it).

- With all the people coming to this, you probably won't have time for 4 events :(

- If you're doing pools to double elim like at ToS2, you need to know how to set up the brackets. Either find a program that does this (I don't know if one exists...maybe tio?) or talk to me about how the brackets are supposed to work.
1) it will probly be pools to double elim bracket ( im guessing since tos2 was really nicely done )

2) im sure if the tourny start at 12 and ends at midnight... we can do all these events ... ( anyway i guess we will decide to do an rematch or not after doing doubles and crews IF WE HAVE TIME BEFORE SINGLES ) and i won't cry if we don't have time and im sure people will understand also.
( im using STYD1 as reference where we had the same amount of time and probly people with 4 events that wasnt really runned fast , and we still finished them all, in other words, you combine a good organisation like ToS2 with events and people from STYD and i guess you can make it )

Vwins

Smash Ace
omg I missed so many news lol. I broke my computer yesterday -_-.
so I can bring 1 cube and 1 power bar and maybe 1 TV. I think we should stay with the normal random stage for double and singles oh and plz ban mk2 and great bay rofl. I can house around 10 people but its not everybody that will have alot of space to sleep lol. so I saw that you register me in single even if i didnt post lol so register me bam in double team name : The blacks beards. I think normal crew would be a better choice for the 3rd events because their is alot more players that could participate. Anyway I think we will have enough time to do a regional crew too if we run this tournament correctly. On my side I'm gonna think about a system to control the friendly matches during the tournament but I dont plan to ban friendly matches dont worry.

I guess I could do some mewtwo ditto rimi lol :) in GREENSGREENS rawr! lol
Chet try to contact me If you still need 100 $ for the room so we could meet and play smash but I won't be often on msn in the next days.
oh and I accept MM if anyone wants to MM me but I won't pick my worst character lol

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha ya green greens, thanks for reminding me about it! iv got some dirty tricks up my sleave

TestRider

Smash Ace
it's an inside joke between me jih and jarc it's like everytime I play jarc I use falcon and I start dash dancing and scream WATCHOUT DICE INCOMING then knee...
ZOMG does everyone use Dice's screen name when doing inside jokes or something? Everytime I hit Chet with Ganon's dash attack I scream "Dice combo!!!111" because he keeps talking about how ugly my uber combo was in the Quebec vs Ontario crew battle.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dice;2108649*stages issues*[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, screw them, I fixed the ruleset, old school.
K SO TORONTO - Missisauga:

Noah (Bread), Me, Connel (Vex), Andy (Lanowen), Bernard (RaynEX), Ryan (Unknown522), Daniel (divine knight), Nate (Runawayfire)
[...]

Nah no Onett. It's bad for Peach anyway.

I'm gonna try my best to make it to this, but it's the day after an important drama performance... The only way is if there's a really late train heading to Montreal, and someone's willing to pick up NNR that late to house us.
Can't you take a train around 4am or something?
any way if between 4 - 10 people came up from western new york could any of us be housed. it may be bout 4 or 5 from buff and who knows how many from rochester.
lemme knizzow
-tim
Vwins can accommodate you. Are you coming by car? Tell us asap so we can try and set up carpool accommodations.
MY PUNCH IS DYNOMITE!
VROOM VROOM VROOM!

Wow I miss saying this.
I was thinking about you when I came up with the name. :p Ippo is sooo good.
QFFingT. Honestly, I think the ON vs QC event should go last, if we have time.
ZOMG does everyone use Dice's screen name when doing inside jokes or something? Everytime I hit Chet with Ganon's dash attack I scream "Dice combo!!!111" because he keeps talking about how ugly my uber combo was in the Quebec vs Ontario crew battle.
Crowd: Omg, WHOA, OH MAN, DOWN SMASH INTO DAIR!! TESTY'S TOO GOOD!
TestRider: ... mouuaais...
*chet gouges his own eyes out*

EDIT: I forgot, about Fogel's post:
If we are doing pools, we will be using either your program, or Lanowen's program (which worked perfectly fine at STYD1.. until we had to switch to double elimination because of time restrictions). For doubles and everything else, we'll be using Tournament Maker, that does the brackets perfectly.

EDIT 2: Ontario guys, I can't wait to add you on the list, but please confirm. ;_;

Top Bottom