• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Most Wanted Newcomer Bracket Challenge (Third-Party)- Game Over; Results Posted

How Often Should Each Round Last?

• 1 Day

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 2 Days

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 3 Days

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Whenever OP feels the votes slow down

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Don't care; how it is being handled is fine

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could people not post running results in the middle of the round?

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Alas, poor Bandana Dee. you had a good run...

so, who else is excited to see the amazing Decidueye vs Dixie Kong final round, we all know this round will be a total landslide in their favor :p

well, here goes.

Game 1: King K. Rool vs Decidueye
King K. Rool

This choice kinda hurts since I like Decidueye, but out of the 2, King Kaptain Krusha Baron K Roolenstein deserves it more and feels like he'd offer more. plus I have fond memories of the classic DKC trilogy.

Game 2: Ridley vs Dixie Kong
Dixie Kong

let's go all in on the DKC love. I've never been a big Ridley supporter, despite his large importance in his series and massive fanbase. but he never made a huge impact on me. then again, I've never been a giant fan of the Metroid series, having only recently played the original. meanwhile DKC2 and 3 were among the most played games during my childhood on my SNES. and even though I preferred Diddy and Kiddy. Dixie's hair always came in handy. and with the addition of her bubble gum gun. she has plenty to work with for smash. plus, after having been playable in more (original) DKC games than the big ape himself, I think she deserves her spot. (I appologise for all the size jokes, I won't do that again.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow, Ridley murdered my two most requested characters. :( Truly the destroyer of my hopes and dreams.

Game 1: King K. Rool
Game 2: Dixie Kong

D

Deleted member

Wow, Ridley murdered my two most requested characters. :( Truly the destroyer of my hopes and dreams.
Well, at least their kid is going to become a bounty hunter and avenge their deaths right?
Sorry I'm terrible

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I'll explain my reasoning for my votes, this time. >w>
Game 1
: 1. Decidueye

Personally, I think Decidueye has more potential for uniqueness while maintaining gameplay similar to its native game.

Game 2: 1. Dixie Kong

I've never played a Metroid game and Ridley just doesn't titillate me enough... >x>

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, at least their kid is going to become a bounty hunter and avenge their deaths right?
Sorry I'm terrible
Yep! Matthew confirmed for Smash 5! :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Matthew's mom is not Andy though.
I thought you mean their individual kids no? :confused:

Because that would be stepping in to fanon territory. :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

I thought you mean their individual kids no? :confused:

Because that would be stepping in to fanon territory. :dizzy:
I said "kid", not "kids".
And since K. Rool is probably gonna win the next round, it would mean he is their kid....
it's a joke cuz Ridley killed Samus' parents.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I love Metroid and Pokemon but DKC is my favorite series of all Time, so I here's my vote:
Game 1: K.Rool

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I said "kid", not "kids".
And since K. Rool is probably gonna win the next round, it would mean he is their kid....
it's a joke cuz Ridley killed Samus' parents.
I know lol. I was just joking if Matthew and whoever Andy's son is (if he ever did have one) became bounty hunters to avenge their fathers losses.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, every single character I voted for last round lost. That’s impressive in its own way.

He’s awesome, he’s been a long time coming, he’s unique, he’s got moveset potential, and he’s up against the latest bandwagon Pokémon? You bet he’s taking my vote.

Really a pity vote, I love both Ridley and her, but at least Ridley will always have a place as a boss or stage hazard. Dixie really needs to put her foot in the door.

Anyway, looking forward to the big bad heavyweight showdown.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Game 1: King K Rool

As I previously stated, I don't care of Pokèmon, I care less about Pokèmon than DK

Game 2: Ridley

This is a sad decision, I had to scrap Dixie because I already voted for K Rool, and I don't want to vote 2 DK characters. Aside of that, Ridley and Dixie are probably equally important and deserving; normally I would have voted Dixie because she does not have the issues of being too big nor being a flying dragon in a game where if you can fly you are safe; though, I'm going for Ridley for this special case. Anyway, realistically, I think that Dixie is very likely to be in the new Smash, and Ridley has a chance too, so they probably will be both in the final game (after the fan rage when Ridley was excluded, I think that they will find a way to make him playable). Dixie is basically the most obvious newcomer after the Inkling (that I already predicted to be in Smash 5 since it was revealed to be missing from Smash 4's DLCs).

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Game 1: 1. King K. Rool
Game 2
: 2. Dixie Kong
Love me some Donkey Kong Country. For such a phenomenal series, it could easily make use of a lot more love in Smash than it currently gets.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
1. Decidueye
2. Ridley

edit: decided ridley would be more interesting than dixie kong on second thought so i'm no longer in a complete minority, woo.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Game 1: K.Rool

Good to see Dixie make it all the way here! Even if Ridley defeats her, I'm glad to see her in the top 4. Times sure have changed since Smash 4.

Decidueye and Ridley

I knew K rool would win this from the start since smashboards is an extra k rool based site but I didnt think Dixie would make it this far. Wonder if the former helped the latter lol
:061:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
You had a good run, Isaac! :( I'm not really excited for any of the remaining four personally, but I'll keep on voting until the end!

Game 1: 1. Decidueye
Game 2: 2. Dixie Kong

I'm not voting for these two just because they're the underdogs, I just personally like them better than the big two.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Both were super difficult! But I made my choice:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Game 2: 1. Ridley

Very surprised Dixie knocked Bandana Dee out, and it wasn't even all that close.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man I was scared for Riddles. Glad to see he pulled through, no offense to Isaac fans.

And this is no doubt the easiest set yet: K. Rool and Ridley for their respective rounds.

Good show, can’t wait for the final!

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Game 2: 2. Dixie Kong

Sad to see Isaac go, but it was expected tbh. I don't see it for Ridley but clearly I'm in the minority there.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

In our hearts, I think we felt that it would come down to a rumble with the two big reptiles. Let this be a life lesson.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman

I am glad to see these well deserving villains made it to the top of the heap. They had some great competition for sure, but they both represent something that is sorely needed in Smash Bros, primary villains and lengthy history.

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice

It will be interesting to see who makes it out of round 6 alive.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I was hoping for a Waluigi and Isaac upset, but oh well

1. K.Rool
2. Ridley

Top Bottom