• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Warning Received
As alts they'd still be in the game. Did you think of that?
Stop putting your own personal bias and being in denial that your precious Mewtwo and Ridley wont be coming to Smash 4. Stop whining like a little girl.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Wow. No need to be a total jerk.
Well he is being a jerk too. He cannot accept clones even if they are a last minute project. Sakurai has been working on this game for 5+ years and with an injury too. No one on Smash Boards seems to be grateful with the end result.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well he is being a jerk too. He cannot accept clones even if they are a last minute project. Sakurai has been working on this game for 5+ years and with an injury too. No one on Smash Boards seems to be grateful with the end result.
It's fine. I'm glad my most wanted newcomer made it in. Even she is a clone.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
Confession: Smash is actually my #2 favorite hobby behind watching American hockey.
Because of this fact I will literally never refer to anything in the game as the Monado and instead call it the Modano, as in the Dallas legend Mike. I will be completely unable to help this.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Confession: Smash is actually my #2 favorite hobby behind watching American hockey.
Because of this fact I will literally never refer to anything in the game as the Monado and instead call it the Modano, as in the Dallas legend Mike. I will be completely unable to help this.
lol ok.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I haven't touched the 3DS Demo in 3 days. Mostly just waiting for the full game and I'm honestly sick of how this Battlefield looks.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
When I'm versing someone who's a good bit lower than me skill-wise, I'll put extra restrictions on myself (not using items, not using certain moves, only using grabs or a certain other move...).

otter

Smash Ace

wtf is American Hockey. as far as i know its mostly Canadian.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Sometimes when I'm losing a match as Peach I start running around fishing for a Stitchface Turnip or a Bob-Omb.
Not sure if I'll really be doing that now that she pulls turnips slower in Smash 4, though there's always the good 'ol animation-cancel on the ledges.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Another problem I had with the Smash community was how unwelcoming they seemed to new people who wanted to get involved. I went on a different site one time and introduced myself the same way I did on here and got responses along the lines of, "Who do you think you are, you think you're good/notable, being able to beat your friends doesn't mean you're good" etc. When did I ever say I was amazing or pro? I simply stated I was new to the competitive scene and wanted to learn things. So glad I found Smashboards.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I had an undefeated win streak versus my friend @ OsirisOda OsirisOda in Melee for nearly a year. I even topped him at Smashfest on an emulator.
However, one night he mocks me and in a close match he manages to beat me.

So I shut the game off. I know I lost, but I'll be damned if it goes down in the record books.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I may be a competitive Melee/P:M player, but I'm happy that L-canceling is gone in favor of Autocancelling in SSB4. Why anyone would defend it, saying it adds skill and depth, is beyond me; there's never a benefit to not L-canceling on games that it's in, so that's hardly strategic depth, and there's a big difference between a "skill" and a "chore".

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sometimes when I'm losing a match as Peach I start running around fishing for a Stitchface Turnip or a Bob-Omb.
Not sure if I'll really be doing that now that she pulls turnips slower in Smash 4, though there's always the good 'ol animation-cancel on the ledges.
I've only pulled out a Bob-omb Turnip once in my Smash career. It was probably the most hilarious Smash moment I've ever had. Mostly from my friend's reaction to it.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Both bad and good players trip, so it doesn't work like that.
No crap everyone trips. But it does give bad players the upper hand when good players trip. If a bad player trips, it doesn't really matter because the good player already had the upper hand, anyway. Plus, good players typically get more upset when they trip than bad players. Novice players will just be confused for a moment and move on. Expert players will get upset and frustrated, which is also fun to watch.

You're thinking too narrowly.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
That's actually a rather interesting point on tripping; I never thought of it like that.
I usually play online casual Free For Alls with friends so we usually just have a good laugh at the timing of some tripping sessions.

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
My Smash confession: When I first heard someone say "M2K" I thought it meant "Meta2Knight"

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
My confession: When Brawl first came out, when I was in elementary school, my friend somehow convinced me that Toon Link was Link's sister... >.< Didnt know Nintendo that well at the time.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I had an undefeated win streak versus my friend @ OsirisOda OsirisOda in Melee for nearly a year. I even topped him at Smashfest on an emulator.
However, one night he mocks me and in a close match he manages to beat me.

So I shut the game off. I know I lost, but I'll be damned if it goes down in the record books.
That was just a lucky win. If I hadn't countered Marth's neutral special like I did, there's no way I would have won.

Also what he says is true, I suck at Melee, like a lot.

Zer0Shade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0Shade
3DS FC
0104-0338-8112
I have a habit of taunting after every kill in 1 vs 1. Do people get upset by this? Should I try to get rid of that habit before playing online?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I have a habit of taunting after every kill in 1 vs 1. Do people get upset by this? Should I try to get rid of that habit before playing online?
Maybe. I do it all the time too. I'm sad that no one taunts in tournaments but I figure that's a sign of respect.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I'm just getting sick of people who say they ruin Samus's feminist ways or whatever.
Ironically I think its somewhat sexist for people to think the character is ruined just because of her clothing choice. She's still samus, the same badass we've always known and she can look good while being one too.

*I always have Melee set to Japanese, even though I don't understand an ounce of Japanese. As a competitive player, I try to distance myself from filthy casuals as much as possible, so I figure even the menu should be a challenge.
I ****ing died

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I've yet to touch the 3DS Demo. It's just not worth it for me if I can't select Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, or Zero Suit Samus.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
- I don't like Shulk's swimsuit costume... Mainly because I see it used too much and it's getting burnt out on me.

- I'm secretly glad that Ice Climbers are gone...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ironically I think its somewhat sexist for people to think the character is ruined just because of her clothing choice. She's still samus, the same badass we've always known and she can look good while being one too.

I ****ing died
Agreed. If anything ruined her character, it's Other M. That is not how you do female trauma.

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Oh joy!!! confessions!!!!!!

I used wiimote untill recently i changed to classic controler...

Subspace Emissary is my fav mode ^.^

miis are epic

I rage quit alot

I used to spam side-special as pit when i was younger

i am good with gannondorf... like almost as good as my sub-mains... and i never play him T^T

i used to think wiimote was best controler

EDIT: i also danced a little when mewtwo was not in ^.^

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am still glad the 3DS version exists even if the vocal minority of the community hates it :)

I am sad Duck Hunt isn't called Duck Hunt Duo in the NA version of Smash ;-;
-The Smash community (mostly anywhere outside of Smashboards, probably due to the more lenient moderation out there) has to be the most inhospitable fanbase I have ever seen second to Beliebers. It's like people forgot games were supposed to be fun. Especially a Nintendo game.
This so much. The Smash community on NeoGAF in special is absurdly inhospitable.

The people there can easily make you hate most stuff in Smash if you aren't confident on yourself and on your opinions.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
-The Smash community (mostly anywhere outside of Smashboards, probably due to the more lenient moderation out there) has to be the most inhospitable fanbase I have ever seen second to Beliebers. It's like people forgot games were supposed to be fun. Especially a Nintendo game.
I agree with what @ Reila Reila said above about NeoGAF's Smash community being particularly bad. IMO, another terrible community for Smash is the one at GameFAQs, especially with their dumb memes and saying "close your account" at someone they disagree with.

Anyway:

I'm quite satisfied with the final roster for Smash. Clones and all. I know some characters I'd have liked didn't make it (are totally absent from the game) but there's always the possibility of DLC. In the meantime, I'll enjoy what I got. c:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I never played Project M i just have sonic as my main so i can have all my favourite under my name
I loved everything in brawl, and i have no intention to play it
I liked zelda/sheik
I thought marth was a girl
I didn't know i could hold the attack on the sides or up and down
I don't play competitively
I will miss the bowser tank run
I can't beat giga bowser in Melee
I like wii fit trainer
Mewtwo wasn't hard to unlock
I only got all the trophies in melee by using a action replay but i had most of them already so it's not so bad,
same goes for getting yoshi's story the DK stage from 64 and final destination,
I suck with Meta Knight
i see no point on getting the wii u smash and fact i think that whole game is a wast of money if it has the same characters if the 3ds,
i want to 3ds and wii u to have different characters
i wouldn't have cared if samus was cut for zero suit smaus
i like the jet heels i just wish they went in some kind of holster when she was not using them
i don't like the new items design

edit
i don't want ridley in smash,

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I'm not all that partial to Mewtwo in the actual Pokemon games. I have one for an Ubers team I'll probably never finish, and that's about it. I main him in Smash mostly because I think he has the best design of any Smash character across all the games and his playstyle tailors perfectly to me, especially in Project M.

I used the Wiimote my itself to play through the entire SSE when I first got Brawl and my thumb was badly bruised by the D-Pad by the end of it, so I went out of my way to buy a working GC controller.

Greninja's design in general bores me. It always has since Pokemon XY came out. I guess after a while I just got tired of ninja characters in games because of how common of a concept it is. :ohwell:

As a vehement player and supporter of Project M, I feel like there's too much hate towards Brawl. It's a fun game in its own right. I may not have put as much time into it as I have into Melee (mainly because I didn't get it til December '09 and by that point the online lagfest was pretty dead and I only had one person to play with IRL until years later), but I had some great times on that game, especially once I started having friends over when I moved. I love PM and competitive Smash, but y'all need to let up.

The only Smash 4 newcomer I'm even remotely interested in is Lucina.

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
This has been said before but I thought Roy was WAY stronger than Marth in Melee because he had fire and his B move could charge for a longer amount of time.

Top Bottom