• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
After accidentally thinking a thread in the 64 section was one for the series in general, I felt this was needed.

Some basic ground rules:
  • This is not an Unpopular Opinions thread. Try not to say things that will cause people to get upset. This includes, among other things, suggesting a game is objectively superior to another (though you can state a preference), disappointment/complaining over characters that are/aren't/might be revealed, et cetera.
  • Use your common sense.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hi I'm Moon Monkey,

< This is the part where you say "Hi Moon Monkey" >

and I-I'm...... *sniff*.... I'm a dirty c-stick user. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Smash confession I thought the last entry was a sequel to balloon fighter. Unlocking Mewtwo in melee was not fun. I miss board the platforms.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • When I was 12 or so, I was very strongly anti-competitive. I believed that the tier lists were artificially engineered so everyone would play as only one character, and I wanted to win a tournament using a Wii Zapper to make the crowd admit the error of their ways and bow down to me. SO glad I grew out of that -_-
  • Meta Knight is my worst character in Brawl. I can't play competently as him to save my own life.
  • Even though I prefer Melee to Brawl, Melee still bothers me a bit. It makes my hands hurt.
  • I get very upset seeing how hated Mii Fighters are around here.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I never knew the c stick could be used for smashes until a couple weeks ago when i started visiting these forums.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I use the Wiimote and Nunchuk. I used to hate Jigglypuff, but then I tried her out and now she's my main and I really want her to return. I'm actually really excited for the Mii Fighters. Robin's gimmick seems a little too complex for my taste. I wish Sheik had her Hyrule Warriors moveset. My current most wanted character, besides the Jiggs, is Zant, even though he's very unlikely.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I really like Meta Knight. I don't care if he's OP, he's in the game, why not use him. He's awesome. Glad he's back. :4metaknight:

Last edited:

laces

Smash Cadet
...I prefer Brawl to Melee and I spam pikachu's thunder. I'm a terrible person.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
When I was younger, I had that phase of "playing competitively is better, take out the objects, let's play 1v1 in Final Destination!".

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-*peers over a rock* I have never played Melee. *ducks back*
-I don't play competitively.
-I never mistook Marth as a girl.
-Subspace Emissary was amazing.
-Zelda was the first character I used, and at that point, I had never played a Zelda game in my life.
-I had a Nintendo 64. And I never bought Smash 64. This fact alone makes me SO MAD.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
- I'm not a fan of Marth's portrayal in Smash (compared to his actual home series personality and look) but I guess it makes him "stand out" lol
- I mained Ike in PM because I like to spam Aether. "Hoowraaagh!" "EEHTthuuh"
- As much as I love both, overall I prefer Brawl over Melee
- When I first had Smash 64, I never unlocked Ness. There was always a "?" box on the select screen and it drove my 10-year old mind nuts wondering who the heck was behind that question mark.
- I'm for Snake returning in Smash 4, but if he doesn't, I'm okay with that.
- I'm preemptively afraid to fight against Little Mac

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time (bringing with me some proof that I'm from the future) and talk to Sakurai from the past. I would tell him that Smash would flop and he would lose his job, but this could be averted if he included the characters I wanted.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-I use the Classic Controller.
-I have never been able to unlock Wolf. I have no idea why.
-I actually support the idea of having possible DLC for Smash 4, as long as it's free for like...characters and that.

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
I never knew what wavedashing and l-cancelling existed in Melee until I started playing Brawl competitively (or at least tried to). And to this day, I still can't do those things.

I prefer Brawl over Melee because not only were my favorite characters introduced in Brawl (and the same is true for Smash 4) I sort of have this philosophy that if a character really clicks with me regardless of tier, then use it, and it gets really hard playing Kirby now that I know he's absolute bottom tier in Melee (and in most games, you probably will never win playing a bottom tier character unless your opponent absolutely sucks or he's also using said character)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I miss Board the Platforms and original Target Tests. The first time I beat Very Hard mode in Melee was by using Fox's Blaster to break the CPU's shields and then kill them

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I play Pichu better than pikachu.

I can't wavedash, and I lost my copy of melee, and now I can't win for the first several matches I play of it in between playing brawl.

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...
-I think Brawl Zelda is better than Melee Zelda
-I can't tell if I'm better with Dr.Mario or Peach in Melee
-I never unlocked Ness in Smash 64
-I can't wavedash
-Pichu's target test was obnoxious

Last edited:

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
-I think Melee is the best
-I actually like the miis..........
-Subspace Emissary actually made me cry a little bit when all the ROBs committed suicide.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
In Smash 64, I mained Kirby, Ness, and Captain Falcon, I have continued to main all three in each game and don't plan on stopping.
But when I first unlocked them, I had no idea who Ness and Falcon were, but their contrast to the rest of the cast drew me to them. Kirby was the only one that I knew, and I had played his games. I did eventually play EarthBound and ended up loving it, but my attachment to Ness really comes from Smash. Also, I still haven't played an F-Zero game. I don't like racing games.

I like Melee's speed a bit more than Brawl, but I overall prefer everything else in Brawl, minus the tripping. Its annoying how everyone drops like a rock in Melee, and I hate being vulnerable after air-dodging. I don't like the GameCube controller either...

I'm probably the only person that got excited for R.O.B., but not at all excited for Mega Man. Loving Pac-Man as well.

Not really much of a confession, but I loved Brawl's newcomer pool the most out of the franchise (including the currently revealed characters for Smash 4), while Melee's was the least interesting for me, with only Mr. Game & Watch joining my mains.
(Though Ganondorf would have been even better had he not been a clone.)

I did enjoy the occasional taunt parties in random online.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
- Smash 64 still is my favorite game in the series and I would love a new Smash with the exact same gameplay as it
- Brawl > Melee. Melee is too fast for my tastes and Melee fanboys/girls kinda made me dislike the game
- Melee fans are also the reason I kinda dislike Fox. It is a shame because the characters isn't even guilty of anything lol
- I like the graphics of Smash 3D more than the graphics of Smash U. Objectively the Wii U has better graphics, though
- I also prefer the 3DS stages revealed so far over the Wii U ones
- As much as I like Snake's gameplay and the idea of Mega Man and Pac-Man in Smash, I am still not a big fan of third party characters in the game
- I would prefer a second Pokémon newcomer (be it from Gen 3 or Gen 5, preferably Gen 5) instead of Mewtwo again
- I don't want the Smash 4 roster to have more than 55 characters
- Brawl newcomers > Melee newcomers
- I love quirk characters like Game & Watch, Ice Climbers and R.O.B, so I hope there is one in Smash 4 (Duck Hunt Dog pls)
- I think if you mistook Marth for a girl, you better check your eyesight. His body shape screams "male"

Some of those are unpopular opinions, I suppose...

Last edited:

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh man, a confessions thread. This should be fuuuuuuun!~
  • I am horrendous at playing as any of the Spacies.
    • The less they feel like a Spacie, the better I seem to be with them.
  • I play with the Classic Controller.
    • I do not own a Wii anymore, but rather a Wii U.
  • I refuse to play as Marth.
    • I will resort to any other Fire Emblem character if I have to play as one.
  • The villains are my favorite characters, despite their horrible placing competitively.
    • Villains just feel way cooler, even though they usually lose in the end.
  • I have never owned a physical copy of Smash 64.
    • Though I've played it enough times, and have it on Wii Virtual Console.
  • I have never unlocked Ness in Smash 64.
  • I actually enjoyed Subspace Emissary's concept.
    • A combination of platforming, beat'em up and plot. It felt like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe all over again!
  • I made little stories out of the character rosters and levels with a friend of mine.
    • Kinda like RPing, but in a beat'em up game.
  • I miss both Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish.
    • I felt these really helped you understand your character better, and pushed your skills with them to the limits.
  • I never completed all of the Target Tests in Melee.
  • I am absolute garbage at playing on a competitive level.
  • I am "a filthy casual".
    • Despite being "a filthy casual", I am good enough that most of my friends won't play with me, but casual enough to be swept by competitive players...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
-I didn't start using grabs and shields till I played SSF2, a fangame.
-I have not played Melee in a long time.
-I could never play competitive for the life of me.
-I don't care about any SSB4's newcomers aside from WFT, Villager, and Miis. And I'm considering maining Pac-man.
-I don't use a Gamecube controller.
-I have never owned a Smash game in my life (Smash 3DS will be my first).

You may now begin lighting your torches and raising your pitchforks.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
• Final Destination is my favorite stage. I got really excited when I found out they were making most stages have FD versions in Smash 4.

• I hate anything to do with luck, because luck usually works against me in every instance. That said, I usually dislike items because bombs always land right in front of me when I'm charging a smash attack.

• I really liked Subspace Emissary. I know Brawl would have been better without it, but it was a lot of fun to me, and the character interactions were awesome.

• I used all my golden hammers in Brawl, but didn't use one on the challenge for beating boss mode on the hardest difficulty, so I never beat it. It was too hard. :(

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I never even wanted Smash until Brawl even though my brother bought both the original and Melee and we played it a lot.
I actually prefer the Wii Remote and Nunchuk over the GameCube controller.
I thought Melee was on Xbox at first (idiot).

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I like using up to jump, pressing a different button feels so unnatural. As a result, I have a hard time doing tilts.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
-I grew "out" of smash since I moved out of country, with lack of people to play with. I'm really hoping Smash 4 can revive it for me.
-I've never tried to learn to continuously wavedash, I just stick to a single wavedash to keep a flow between moves. I'm sure I can do it, just haven't really tried because I haven't needed it.
-I occasionally play with items. They can be fun, and that will never change.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I usually leave items on when fighting unlockable characters so I can use Bomb-ombs to secure kills.

D

Deleted member

I was afraid of the Master Hand as a child.

Meta Knight has been one of my mains since release and I haven't realized how good he was until last year.

Top Bottom