• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
-Still haven't unlocked Captain Falcon in Smash 64 or the Mushroom Kingdom stage. Had it since '99 ._.
-Discovered Samus was a chick thanks to Melee
-Thought Marth, Roy and Link were related somehow(I was in Kindergarten mind you))
-I don't care for Melee much anymore because people are always ****ing it to high heaven and feels dated
-Prefer Brawl to Melee
-New Pork City is my favorite stage.
-SSE was fun(except for Great Maze)
-Still don't have all the trophies in Brawl
-I use the C stick

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Characters that I prefer to pretend that I'm playing different individuals of the same race rather than the original: :4yoshi::gw::4lucario::4charizard::mewtwopm::4villager:
  • I carry my huge cyan Yoshi plush to every match.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
- I absolutely despise Project M, as I feel it destroyed Brawl's identity, and I feel it's completely justified if someone gets banned on Miiverse by mentioning it. ((I wanted a better balanced Brawl, not Melee 2.))

- I believe the Kanto region of Pokemon gets too much love in Smash Bros, and secretly wished Jigglypuff and Charizard were cut in favor of representation from yet-to-be-represented regions.

- I don't understand the love for Fire Emblem's Roy, as he was a carbon clone of Marth, and wasn't even that good of a unit in his own game due to his forced promotion being so late in the game. ((I still wonder why he's on the Smashboards banner when he isn't even in Smash 4.))

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
- I absolutely despise Project M, as I feel it destroyed Brawl's identity, and I feel it's completely justified if someone gets banned on Miiverse by mentioning it. ((I wanted a better balanced Brawl, not Melee 2.))

- I believe the Kanto region of Pokemon gets too much love in Smash Bros, and secretly wished Jigglypuff and Charizard were cut in favor of representation from yet-to-be-represented regions.

- I don't understand the love for Fire Emblem's Roy, as he was a carbon clone of Marth, and wasn't even that good of a unit in his own game due to his forced promotion being so late in the game. ((I still wonder why he's on the Smashboards banner when he isn't even in Smash 4.))
What? Roy's in Sm4sh! He even got a kickass redesign!

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
-I hate clones but I can't bring myself to hate Lucina. A clone of my main that I quite like with the no tipper and one of my favourite FE characters.

Sorry for being a hypocrite :awesome:

-I play with a Wii remote and nun-chuck!

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
In my opinion the series has only gotten better.
Also I thought Kirby was a Pokemon because of the first game NO idea why, but I was like 6...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
When I was 8 years old or so my favorite Melee character was Dr. Mario and I had just started doing karate. I went to my 1st tournament and I was the only white belt there.

My strategy was pretending to do the attack Dr. Mario does when you press "A" 3 times (Punch, Punch, Kick).

Long story short:
I got 2nd place out of like 20 people by pretending to be Dr. Mario lol

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
- For a long time I only used special moves because I thought normal moves were useless. Needless to say, young me had a very hard time getting kills.

- Even after I started using A moves, I didn't realize for a while that you can do smash attacks by honding A and the control stick. I only used the C Stick to do smash attacks, which made it take forever to finish the event matches in melee.

- I like Toon Link and think he deserves his slot. I also like Dr. Mario and don't mind Lucina.

- Not much of a confession since so many people think this but, Dark Pit is just awful imo. He's the only character I've ever disagreed with being on a smash roster.

- I thought Marth was a girl until I saw his trophy in Brawl which referred to him as a dude. Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played and I was very confused when Lucina appeared disguised as Marth. I wasn't sure what to make of his gender until Lucina revealed she wasn't Marth.

- I played Melee before I finished Ocarina of time and I'll never forgive Melee for spoiling Zelda/Sheik

-But I have to thank Smash bros. for teaching me Link's name. I always gave him my name or Zelda when I played his games so I never knew it was Link. I was one of those kids who called Link, Zelda even though I knew Zelda was the princess.
[
quote="Lautsuu~, post: 17600480, member: 241018"]

-Like a few others, K. Rool needs to worry about getting into his own games before even considering Smash.
ing.
-The term 'relevancy' is tossed around so much nowadays.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but it's kinda weird that you complain about relevancy arguments but say K. Rool needs to become more relevant. Unless I'm misinterpreting your statements, then sorry.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
- For a long time I only used special moves because I thought normal moves were useless. Needless to say, young me had a very hard time getting kills.

- Even after I started using A moves, I didn't realize for a while that you can do smash attacks by honding A and the control stick. I only used the C Stick to do smash attacks, which made it take forever to finish the event matches in melee.

- I like Toon Link and think he deserves his slot. I also like Dr. Mario and don't mind Lucina.

- Not much of a confession since so many people think this but, Dark Pit is just awful imo. He's the only character I've ever disagreed with being on a smash roster.

- I thought Marth was a girl until I saw his trophy in Brawl which referred to him as a dude. Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played and I was very confused when Lucina appeared disguised as Marth. I wasn't sure what to make of his gender until Lucina revealed she wasn't Marth.

- I played Melee before I finished Ocarina of time and I'll never forgive Melee for spoiling Zelda/Sheik

-But I have to thank Smash bros. for teaching me Link's name. I always gave him my name or Zelda when I played his games so I never knew it was Link. I was one of those kids who called Link, Zelda even though I knew Zelda was the princess.

-Like a few others, K. Rool needs to worry about getting into his own games before even considering Smash.
ing.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but it's kinda weird that you complain about relevancy arguments but say K. Rool needs to become more relevant. Unless I'm misinterpreting your statements, then sorry.
You messed up the quote. But I'd say she was trying to say that relevancy means nothing for individual franchises, but it means alot within them. Greninja over Mewtwo, for example.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

[
quote="Lautsuu~, post: 17600480, member: 241018"]

ing.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, It seems I wasn't clear on that...

It's just...people argue that a character needs to be relevant to get into Smash. That's not true, when you look at Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt Dog. I wasn't saying that K. Rool needs to become more relevant, I was just saying that he needs to be more relevant to his own series, if that makes sense.

No need to worry~ :)

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
-I think Mewtwo is lame and couldn't care less about him being cut.
-I enjoyed the Subspace Emissary.
-I detest Sonic and I think he has no place in Smash Bros.
-I don't hate Snake or Pac-Man, but I think they don't belong either. Mega Man is okay because of his history on Nintendo platforms.
-Sakurai makes very poor developmental decisions. I still love him though.
-Ganondorf can be more hype than Falcon.

Last edited:

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
-I haven't unlocked all of the characters in 64 OR Melee.
-For the longest time, when I played any Smash game I would choose Kirby, fly to the top of the stage and use his Down-B. All. The. Time.
-I think that Smash 4 might have my favorite roster, but that might be Pac Man bias (Pac Man was my first video game).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I liked Brawl's theme song more than Melee's.

Sm4sh's Final Destination theme is cool imo, but Brawl's once again trumps it. (Not the Master Hand theme though)

I'm actually warming up to Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt. Especially the former two, despite being clones, should be interesting to play as nevertheless.

I don't buy the "source" that says Snake isn't returning. It didn't come from the horses' mouth so to speak so I take it with a grain of salt.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I liked Brawl's theme song more than Melee's.

Sm4sh's Final Destination theme is cool imo, but Brawl's once again trumps it. (Not the Master Hand theme though)

I'm actually warming up to Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt. Especially the former two, despite being clones, should be interesting to play as nevertheless.

I don't buy the "source" that says Snake isn't returning. It didn't come from the horses' mouth so to speak so I take it with a grain of salt.
The source wad Fox News. It was DOA.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My confessions:
1: I thought Marth was Spanish.
2: I thought Mr. Game and Watch was a spy.
These are two misconceptions I had about Smash that I will fondly remember.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
-I used to hate competitive players.
-I c-stick. A lot.
-I almost never use shield.
-Smash is not actually my favorite fighting game. That prize goes to Marvel vs Capcom 2. It's pretty much MvC3 (which I played first) without the cheap combos and with a better soundtrack.
EDIT: I was wrong. I like Smash more.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
- Before joining the Smash speculation scene and doing researches in archived discussions I never imagined that people would actually want Toad as a playable character in Smash. I always viewed him a the good guy equivalent of a Goomba :/
- It's even more stupid considering that I remember I seriously considered Dry Bones as a possible newcomer in SSB4 like five years ago lol. I remember I considered Birdo as well.
- I didn't know the Mega Man franchise before his announcement as a playable character in Smash 4.
- Back in Melee days I wondered why Wario and Diddy Kong weren't playable, their absence felt like a giant hole for me. I was so happy to see them playable in Brawl.
- Before playing Melee I didn't know a lot of franchises represented by playable characters. Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and Donkey Kong were pretty much the only Nintendo franchises I known before Melee, when I was like 9-year old. I known Kirby as well but I was only aware of the existence of the anime show, not the video games.

-For the longest time, when I played any Smash game I would choose Kirby, fly to the top of the stage and use his Down-B. All. The. Time.
Also. This. So. Much.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Just letting you know - most people consider it a separate game entirely and not a replacement for Brawl. I actually started a thread on the very subject a while ago.
So while of course you're free to feel that P:M affects Brawl, that definitely wasn't the intent behind it.

Last edited:
When I was 8 years old or so my favorite Melee character was Dr. Mario and I had just started doing karate. I went to my 1st tournament and I was the only white belt there.

My strategy was pretending to do the attack Dr. Mario does when you press "A" 3 times (Punch, Punch, Kick).

Long story short:
I got 2nd place out of like 20 people by pretending to be Dr. Mario lol
The one guy who outranked you must have been pretending even harder to be Dr. Mario.

My confessions:
1: I thought Marth was Spanish.
2: I thought Mr. Game and Watch was a spy.
These are two misconceptions I had about Smash that I will fondly remember.
I actually thought both of those things, too, because of their series' musics in Melee! Marth has all the stylings of a Spanish swordsman besides his spoken language, and the Together We Ride music only drives the idea further. And G&W is clearly under a false name, takes a shadowy profile at all times, and the Flat Zone music and his fanfare are like the soundtrack to a diamond thief.

The source wad Fox News. It was DOA.
FoxWeekly is not Fox News. Still, we need not question the source since the game is out and Snake's not in it :c

Last edited:

Zol

Smash Apprentice
when i unlocked Marth in melee i thought he was a woman

when i unlocked Roy in melee i thought he was a lesbian

I thought Ganondorf in Melee was Bill Cosby

i enjoyed beating the living **** out of Pichu

i wanted Sonic to get cut from the game

i enjoy seeing mewtwo fans cry

i think Dark Pit was a wasted slot

I hate that Dark Samus is an assist trophy and not an alt

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I hate Mewtwo and I hate Ridley. Feel free to prepare your firearms.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't play... Now brace yourself... Competitively. I know, I am a shame to all Smash players... A disgrace, an outcast, a heretic, a heathen, a... CASUAL!

Also, I'm more of a ground fighter than an air fighter - I have little to no skill fighting in the air.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I don't play... Now brace yourself... Competitively. I know, I am a shame to all Smash players... A disgrace, an outcast, a heretic, a heathen, a... CASUAL!

Also, I'm more of a ground fighter than an air fighter - I have little to no skill fighting in the air.
You.... You bastar-d..................

Last edited:

Zol

Smash Apprentice
boy we dont take kindly to your type around here

you best turn back around and get to steppin before i ball these fists up like sakurai balls up everyone's hopes and dreams

*puffs cigarette*

and WHOOP YO ASS

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I hate that Dark Samus is an assist trophy and not an alt
Ah, but it is. Dark Samus is a palette swap for Samus.

Also, some more confessions I need to make:

- I was first introduced to Smash 64 after waking up from a nap, which began after I finished first place in a Mario Kart 64 Grand Prix as Mario.
- As much as I refused to be spoiled on the roster for Smash 4, I spoiled myself on all three of the original rosters of unlock-able characters before I bought them (with the exception of Wolf and Toon Link, who were revealed after we got the game).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You.... You bastar-d..................
I... I know...
boy we dont take kindly to your type around here

you best turn back around and get to steppin before i ball these fists up like sakurai balls up everyone's hopes and dreams

*puffs cigarette*

and WHOOP YO ***
AAAAAHHHH!!! Maybe's not a good time to mention I don't like Falco as much as I like Wolf! Or that I can't play as Meta Knight for the life of me!

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke

Time to pull out these baby's:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I've never seen or heard of Megaman before he was announced for Smash 4. It's really weird to me that he's as much of a video game legend as Mario, Pac Man, Sonic, and apparently more well known than Pikachu and Link (even if most people think his name is Zelda.) I've played Mario, Pac Man, Sonic, Pokemon, and LoZ games ever since I was little and have somehow never come across Megaman once

I had to use the Master Hand glitch to unlock Final Destination in Melee

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've never seen or heard of Megaman before he was announced for Smash 4. It's really weird to me that he's as much of a video game legend as Mario, Pac Man, Sonic, and apparently more well known than Pikachu and Link (even if most people think his name is Zelda.) I've played Mario, Pac Man, Sonic, Pokemon, and LoZ games ever since I was little and have somehow never come across Megaman once

I had to use the Master Hand glitch to unlock Final Destination in Melee
Mega Man was really big back in the day, but since Capcom is apparently run by idiots who find the concept of money appalling, Mega Man is dead and forcibly forgotten compared to Pac-Man, the Contra dudes, Bionic Commando, etc.

Egoraptor's sequelitis on it demonstrates why the series was so beloved.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
Ah, but it is. Dark Samus is a palette swap for Samus.
yeah man but i mean the actual armor

we got these characters getting remodelled alts, at this point the only alt samus should have thats just a recolor is the gravity suit
and C. Falcon needs a real Blood Falcon costume

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The one guy who outranked you must have been pretending even harder to be Dr. Mario.

I actually thought both of those things, too, because of their series' musics in Melee! Marth has all the stylings of a Spanish swordsman besides his spoken language, and the Together We Ride music only drives the idea further. And G&W is clearly under a false name, takes a shadowy profile at all times, and the Flat Zone music and his fanfare are like the soundtrack to a diamond thief.

FoxWeekly is not Fox News. Still, we need not question the source since the game is out and Snake's not in it :c
Ahh, but you forgot sbout DLC!

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I mained Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf in Brawl.

I don't even like to complain about roster choices that much, but I don't think I'll ever warm up to Dark Pit. I agree with anyone who says they'd rather have one less roster slot if it meant getting rid of him. He, Dr. Mario and Lucina probably should've stayed as alts.

- I believe that the biggest problem in Smash Community is that there are people who feel they have a sense of entitlement. Like, they believe Sakurai must listen to them or else.
Agreed, but that comes with the territory. That's why I don't like to complain much. It won't do anything but make me agitated.

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I mained Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf in Brawl.

I don't even like to complain about roster choices that much, but I don't think I'll ever warm up to Dark Pit. I agree with anyone who says they'd rather have one less roster slot if it meant getting rid of him. He, Dr. Mario and Lucina probably should've stayed as alts.

Agreed, but that comes with the territory. That's why I don't like to complain much. It won't do anything but make me agitated.
Well maybe the clones make some of us happy, ever think of that?

Top Bottom