• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash School -- [Read the OP for Teachers]

UncleSam

Smash Master
uhh, play random until you find somebody that sticks?
I just chose my favorite character lol.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
uhh, play random until you find somebody that sticks?
I just chose my favorite character lol.
I've been doing that... so far the only thing that's sticking is Random. Not exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. XD

Plus, it's not really a good idea to pick a main based on solely comp practice, is it (this is pretty much all I've got, aside from WiFi)?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Pick the character(s) that you enjoy the most meta knight.
I'm kinda trying to avoid both of those routes if possible.

Emotional attachment to a character can cause trouble, and so does MK. I'm actually looking at someone I'll be good with, hence me being here.

After all, no one on WiFi wants yet ANOTHER horrible Brawl player in their ranks. With Anyone's already bad enough as is, from what I've heard. Heck, even a friend of mine online is tired of my playing.

Anyway, if whoever I'm "good enough" with ends up being MK or someone that I enjoy playing as, well, great. If not, that's fine as well.

Actually, at this point, I'm not really looking for someone that's "good enough" so much as someone I "suck less with".

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm kinda trying to avoid both of those routes if possible.

Emotional attachment to a character can cause trouble, and so does MK. I'm actually looking at someone I'll be good with, hence me being here.

After all, no one on WiFi wants yet ANOTHER horrible Brawl player in their ranks. With Anyone's already bad enough as is, from what I've heard. Heck, even a friend of mine online is tired of my playing.

Anyway, if whoever I'm "good enough" with ends up being MK or someone that I enjoy playing as, well, great. If not, that's fine as well.

Actually, at this point, I'm not really looking for someone that's "good enough" so much as someone I "suck less with".
How about this?

Just pick a character, then see from there. You can spend a day or so with each character until you find one you like. Not that hard really. Also, if you need someone to play against, you can ask me...

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I kinda went through something like that awhile ago, but I guess it'd be an interesting project to take up again. I'm not sure how to do anything right, but one thing at a time.

OH, I forgot to mention that my responses are probably going to be scrubby, so bear with me. I'm only looking for people online to put up with me, so I'm not looking to be in a tournament scene or anything like that.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, if you're having trouble choosing a character in the first place, I would think that it would be especially hard to stay with someone you don't enjoy playing as.

Like Bob said, then a character with an easy learning curve would suit you atleast until you learn how to become a better player and dare to try someone a bit more challenging.

OH, I forgot to mention that my responses are probably going to be scrubby, so bear with me. I'm only looking for people online to put up with me, so I'm not looking to be in a tournament scene or anything like that.
I'm not a teacher or anything; I'm also just trying to improve. But I simply love to fight people, if you ever wanna play some macthes. :p

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Wondering if anyone can teach me how to use snake really good :)
I got the basics down. I can motar slide correctly 95% of the time. I know about c4 recovery.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know. I've gotten both good things and bad things about it, but I didn't realize there would be "consequences."

SWF needs to L2linebreaknames.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I forgot I was a teacher for this random thing. This must've been forever ago since I dropped Bowser such a long *** time ago.

Meta_Ridley89

Smash Rookie
I'm in a big trouble since I can't find a real main... I like Wolf and Samus but I "just don't have it". So I'm looking for their best teachers so I can learn even more about them. Thanks.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I need a teacher for my mario,bowser or fox, I live in nyc and my aim is jmanxiv@aol.com, I would really like to improve my game specially my mario since his my main. Thank you :)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I need a teacher for my mario,bowser or fox, I live in nyc and my aim is jmanxiv@aol.com, I would really like to improve my game specially my mario since his my main. Thank you :)
:mad: should probably get you first on the Mario tip, so ask him first.

If by some chance life is keeping him away from the Wii, send me a VM and we'll get you learned up on Mario.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sorry man, I guess you're out of luck for the moment. If you have AIM you could contact TUSM on that, I believe his screenname is TUSMenterprises or something.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Ok thanks. I'll try if he ever goes on it
Sorry about that. Just so you know, I'm still on Smashboards often, I'm just in invisible mode. But, just because I'm on doesn't mean I'm home. Same thing with AIM.

Speaking of which, I'm not on AIM often because I no longer have a laptop, so all I have is mobile AIM, which is rather ********. Half the time, I don't even know that I've been kicked off for whatever reason. It's convenient, but unreliable.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
This probably won't get alot of views if it keeps getting buried.

Should we be more vocal on here about setting up matches or something?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I dunno. I mean if people aren't going to use it, they aren't going to use it.

Once the Forum Guides section goes up (if that ever happens) CK said there would be a link to here for new members to check out. That could boost activity.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I see. I don't know how much circulation flows through this when it is on the first one or two pages, but this doesn't stay up very long since it's more convenient to set things up over VMs/PMs/IM.

I don't have a point with this. Just bumping.

UncleSam

Smash Master
maybe they're afraid to ask for help
hmm... yeah when is that forum guides going up?
and if all else fails we have to be awesome enough to grant us a sticky, that'll probably keep us from going off the page and get us students.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
It is, otherwise, this wouldn't have taken off at all.

Speaking of which, I should get in touch with a Falco teacher soon.

Top Bottom